Elysian unit abilities

12 Replies
User
10 March, 2019, 8:20 PM UTC

Hi there,


I find the following quite odd and was wondering what others think about this:


The chances of the Elysian unit's ability triggering depends (heavily) on the proportion of the army that is composed of that Elysian unit. (Players can test this themselves by preparing dummy raids or reinforcements.) The larger the army, the more Elysian units are needed for the same chance to trigger that Elysian unit's ability. Despite the improvements that can be gained from agreements to trigger chance, it just seems out of sync to me. Normal armies are currently too large for such abilities to have meaningful chance of happening. Also, as the army of the Elysian units grow, the normal army size will also grow. Therefore, I have a hard time seeing how the Elysian unit abilities will trigger with meaningful probability in sizable battles, even in the future. It looks a bit pointless to me at the moment, apart from cute things like raiding an empty city with Elysian units to trigger the abilities that raid resources from Acropolis (and related). I assume Plarium thought this change through and possibly I am missing something here.

I haven't spend a lot of time on the new units, but the above is my initial impression on the abilities.

Unless, I am wrong, my hope is that there are additional features coming to the game, and the above will then make sense. (Maybe general items that increases probability of abilities triggering, or other ways to level or boost them up.)

Am I missing something here?

Do you agree with me, or not?

Regards

Johan



UTC +7:00
2
Community Manager
15 March, 2019, 3:51 PM UTC
Hi, Johan. To increase the chances that the Elysian abilities will work you need to upgrade correspond Elysian Agreements. The higher the level of the Agreement the more chances that the ability will be active at the moment of the battle. 
UTC +8:00
0
User
18 March, 2019, 11:32 AM UTC

I think Johan got it right.... the "abilities" will ever only affect a very small portion of the "real" armies even after maximizing the development of chance % and level of the ability.  I tested the "cloaking" ability and found it to have an insignificant impact on an army composed of 50/50 Elysian/Regular units.  Scouts can still see 90% of the army and can see the Elysian units which means any player who is not a total idiot will know that there is a chance 10% of the defensive units are "hidden"

Since 99.9% of all real battles in SWOE involve overwhelming force the 10% hidden units will NEVER affect the outcome of any battle or a decision to attack/not attack.

The army cloaking functionality in Elysian units is puzzling to me... Does any of the game developers actually play the game for any amount of time? Any player who has played the game for a year or two knows that the ghost army/shadow army items are absolutely useless yet Plarium now adds them as special abilities to the Elysian units.  To have any marginal usefulness you would need to be able to hide more than 90% of your actual army and to deter attacks the ghost army would need to multiply your "fake" army by a factor of 10 or more, yet the cloaking/ghost abilities are still less than 50%.  Conclusion: the developers don't understand the game mechanics which is kind of sad...


MIKALOSOS
UTC -5:00
0
User
19 March, 2019, 4:24 AM UTC
not only don't they understand, they don't care.
UTC +4:00
0
User
19 March, 2019, 8:24 AM UTC

Mikalosos said:


The army cloaking functionality in Elysian units is puzzling to me... Does any of the game developers actually play the game for any amount of time? Any player who has played the game for a year or two knows that the ghost army/shadow army items are absolutely useless yet Plarium now adds them as special abilities to the Elysian units.  To have any marginal usefulness you would need to be able to hide more than 90% of your actual army and to deter attacks the ghost army would need to multiply your "fake" army by a factor of 10 or more, yet the cloaking/ghost abilities are still less than 50%.  Conclusion: the developers don't understand the game mechanics which is kind of sad...


i differ with you about the gohst armt/shadow items again (and i play more than 2 years lol) but i agree 100% in the previous statement... "does any of the developers play, real playing, not opening the game and that it...." "they dont understand game mechanics"  i have been saying that for a long time also vip agents etc, they have no idea of the needs of gamers, they don't understand us when we talk, so they ignore us and blame the others... And here we are trying to help them, and we get ignored...


in grepolis i remember the cloaking was a fix percentage of the transportation time, what makes sense not like here that everyday it sounds more like a casino.
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack in that ********* reflection.'
UTC +0:00
0
Community Manager
22 March, 2019, 11:42 AM UTC

Hello! Our developers play the game on test servers. According to our internal rules, we can't interact with other players. It would be unfair. 


As for the gamers needs, we're gathering players' feedback constantly and pass it to our developers. Sure, not all of the suggestions can be implemented in the game. However, we made a lot of game changes that were based on players' suggestions. 


Here are topics regarding accepted and unaccepted suggestions which we update each month >>>


https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/469_suggestions/27730_forwarded-for-further-consideration/


https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/469_suggestions/26332_suggestions-that-will-not-be-implemented-in-the-game--3/

UTC +8:00
0
User
22 March, 2019, 12:08 PM UTC
tests servers are not the same, so they dont have/find the same problems and issues than real players and then they dont listen to real players when we mention things in forum....
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack in that ********* reflection.'
UTC +0:00
0
User
26 March, 2019, 7:04 PM UTC

The main purpose for elysian troops is  a sum of several facts


here two, i  keep few in my bag


- Elysian persian pays outs are not the same as regu PP

- Plarium obviously expect players to revive elysian Dimacha ´s ( which is 300% more expensive per force related , than agema)



mission 7 citadel

invest 830 k get pay out 730 k + some boost..gps... Usually missions give you twice your invest now only 85%..

https://gyazo.com/24b8682704fe41c1e035c89b1400f606

UTC +0:00
0
Community Manager
29 March, 2019, 12:39 PM UTC
Hello! Please note, Positions are optional. If you don't like the reward system, you can simply avoid doing them. There are a lot of other things to do in this game. In my opinion, the best time for raiding Positions is the time when the appropriate tourney in the game. In this way you can not only get the Position reward but also add to it the reward for the tourney :)
UTC +8:00
0
User
31 March, 2019, 2:35 PM UTC

boris, is quite dificult to have a normal conversation when you only answer once per week, do you realise how rude is to be talking to someone and this person leaving and coming back a week after to retake the convo?


am i the only one that find this rude?


back to the answer, yeah we know, we are not obligated to do anything, that's your only answer for everything in the last posts i have read
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack in that ********* reflection.'
UTC +0:00
0
Community Manager
2 April, 2019, 12:34 PM UTC

hijadelafortuna T.I.A. said:


boris, is quite dificult to have a normal conversation when you only answer once per week, do you realise how rude is to be talking to someone and this person leaving and coming back a week after to retake the convo?


am i the only one that find this rude?


back to the answer, yeah we know, we are not obligated to do anything, that's your only answer for everything in the last posts i have read

Hi! I've already answered your question here >>>

https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/128_game-discussion/123567_memory-usage-app/2/
Please, check it there. 

UTC +8:00
0
User
2 April, 2019, 12:59 PM UTC
there was no question, that was a fact, i find it rude that a "community manager" only gives evasive answers and once per week.... that's my perception after many years in forum and some "professional knowledge" of what a community manager must do or not...
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack in that ********* reflection.'
UTC +0:00
0
User
2 April, 2019, 1:00 PM UTC
Boris Shevchenko said:

Hello! Please note, Positions are optional. If you don't like the reward system, you can simply avoid doing them. 
again we are told, if you dont like them, dont play it?
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack in that ********* reflection.'
UTC +0:00
0
6691918 users registered; 103784 topics; 455547 posts; our newest member:Unknown_Ranger