All Categories

Alternating between General Abilities decreases Agreement completion Time and loses drachmas

Alternating between General Abilities decreases Agreement completion Time and loses drachmas

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Jul 2, 2020, 06:5707/02/20
08/22/15

Hi

I describe the problem below:

I have an agreement

It completes in 12 hours

I go into General Abilities and select Construction Boost then Agreement Boost

The completion time decreases

I repeat the process and it decreases even more

Now it is 3 minutes

If I use now the free boost (since it is less than 5 minutes) it will use my drachmas to complete the agreement without any warning.

And it will take the drachmas required for the initial time, that is 12 hours.

So BE WARNED!!

I have already lost more than 10000 drachmas for tasks I did not really wanted to complete by researching this problem

The same problem exists for  "Cult Agreements"

After all these General boosts alternations It appears that my Cult Agreement has completed

However when I try to start a new one I get the message

Then I restart the game and I see the correct status

I do again some alternations

The time decreases until it finally gets under 5 minutes

I then click on the (>>) and fortunately now it informs mes that I cannot use drachmas to boost which obviously was not my intention

Obviously the same mechanism works here too.

Please check this out and correct it.

Finally ,  is there any way I can be reimbursed for all the research I did and the drachmas I lost?(at least 10000 drachmas)

Thanks in advance

Views
Comments
Comments
NancyAdmin
Jul 6, 2020, 14:3507/06/20
07/09/19

Hello, HAWKAIR T300. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've seen one similar complaint but, unfortunately, we failed to reproduce it. Please specify how many times do you need to click on Switch between these Agreements in order to reproduce this issue?  

Jul 9, 2020, 06:5907/09/20
Jul 9, 2020, 07:51(edited)
08/22/15

Hello Nancy

Thank you for responding to my post.

I was beginning to lose hope.

It happens every time.

Every time I click one or the other of Construction Speed Boost or Agreement speed Boost the Agreement time Decreases by little.

My guess is it decreases by 7%. The number is close  but I dont know the exact game mechanics(ie on whta time is 7% applied).

See below step by step:

I enter General Abilities

I click once on Agreement boost and it turns:

I check my running Agreement:

The time changed from 1d 9h 53s to 1d 8h 41m

Of course this is normal since I boost Agreements.

But if I go back and switch to Building boost and switch 5 times then exit General Abilities and check again it is down to 2hours

Then again I did it 10 times and the time againchanged

to 19 hours.

But I notice that something is different  now.

After a few seconds ie 10 or 20 seconds the Agreement completion time resets to the correct time.1d 9h

The first time I met this bug I needed to restart the game to see the correct times.

I dont know if it is due to server lag or due to some ingame code chenged by a programmer but

although it is still present it seems less of an issue now.

Thank you for your attention

Edit: I checked some more and it looks like it is a matter of the local (offline) game firstly miscalculates boosts if they are done consecutively then gets out of synch with the server probably due to a slow connection.After 5-10 seconds the local game engine communicates with the server and corrects the time.

I find it most likely that some programmer intervantion has been done, since when I decided to report the issue I have been observing it consistently for  about 3 weeks during which I used 2 differnet PCs and 2 different internet connections. The saddest thinkg was that it acted on the"Free boost" which ate up my drachmas :(

NancyAdmin
Jul 13, 2020, 14:3707/13/20
07/09/19
hawkair T300 said:

Hello Nancy

Thank you for responding to my post.

I was beginning to lose hope.

It happens every time.

Every time I click one or the other of Construction Speed Boost or Agreement speed Boost the Agreement time Decreases by little.

My guess is it decreases by 7%. The number is close  but I dont know the exact game mechanics(ie on whta time is 7% applied).

See below step by step:

I enter General Abilities

I click once on Agreement boost and it turns:

I check my running Agreement:

The time changed from 1d 9h 53s to 1d 8h 41m

Of course this is normal since I boost Agreements.

But if I go back and switch to Building boost and switch 5 times then exit General Abilities and check again it is down to 2hours

Then again I did it 10 times and the time againchanged

to 19 hours.

But I notice that something is different  now.

After a few seconds ie 10 or 20 seconds the Agreement completion time resets to the correct time.1d 9h

The first time I met this bug I needed to restart the game to see the correct times.

I dont know if it is due to server lag or due to some ingame code chenged by a programmer but

although it is still present it seems less of an issue now.

Thank you for your attention

Edit: I checked some more and it looks like it is a matter of the local (offline) game firstly miscalculates boosts if they are done consecutively then gets out of synch with the server probably due to a slow connection.After 5-10 seconds the local game engine communicates with the server and corrects the time.

I find it most likely that some programmer intervantion has been done, since when I decided to report the issue I have been observing it consistently for  about 3 weeks during which I used 2 differnet PCs and 2 different internet connections. The saddest thinkg was that it acted on the"Free boost" which ate up my drachmas :(

Thanks for the details. We will try to reproduce it and report it to the team.  
Jul 14, 2020, 16:2507/14/20
08/22/15

Hi

Out of curiosity I checked again and again the problem persists.

The decrease in Agreement time does not get corrected after some time as I witnessed in my second post.

At least 5 minutes have passed and the time is wrong

I do some more alternating and

More:

After 1 minute it shows as finished:

Then I restart the game and I see the actual time:

Which is more than 4 days