All Categories

Total Recall time would be Awesome

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Mar 16, 2015, 13:5103/16/15
11/05/14

Many games i have played in the past have given the option to recall troops right up to the last second before a Raid/Occupy for a number of good reasons.

1. U recon just before a hit and see massive defense. As a game strategy to save and protect what u have worked for this would be a great option. 

2. your in conversation with the person u are about to raid/Occupy and decide to call a truce. As a diplomatic gesture this would be very valuable.

3. U get a phone call and have to run into work( or any other sudden occurrence life tends to bring about ) and don't have time for full raid and return of troops leaving them now exposed to retaliation.

Anyone else have other good reasons to add please do.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 16, 2015, 16:5103/16/15
08/02/14

@Radar 31 mike CO.B 1ST SIG. BAT 1976 (6 March, 2015, 1:51 PM UTC):

I find #1 to be a bad reason... You decided to send it in the first place, you made the decision to risk the troops.

I find #2 to be questionable... You can always get the person being hit to remove all defence, letting it be a successful hit, then return the resources.

I find #3 just to be Murphy's Law...   lol

'If something can go wrong, it will go wrong, at the worst time'...

I do and don't really like being able to recall it at the last second because then it would make a scare tactic...

Get someone know for their offence to attack someone, possibly diverting defence from other areas, then recall it at the last moment and attack somewhere more valuable, wasting time for the defenders with no opposing troops even destroyed.

Also, in a realistic stand-point, how would troops magically teleport from a 5 hour raid, immediately back to your base?

I say there should be a compromise...

Allow there to be recalling troops until it hits, but the units must re-travel the ground they have covered before they were recalled.

Mar 16, 2015, 18:1903/16/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:05(edited)
11/05/14

yeah of course the recall time would be equal to the amount of time they spent traveling to get to that point, but yeah one of the very first things I noticed about this game is that you cant recall units after 1 minute of sending, this game also lets you hit allies as much as you want(they like us fighting each other, more lost troops I guess they think means more diamonds)

every other game I play lets you recall troops before landing, and they don't let you fight attack your allies on accident or on purpose

Mar 17, 2015, 02:0303/17/15
Oct 26, 2020, 12:00(edited)

I agree with a little longer then 50s to recall troops but that's the game. Like all military operations its a gamble when you send troops into combat. Sure in Real life i suppose todays  commanders  can "recall" at the last moment but that would make this game less strategic, plus you guys do realize that at its heart this game is just one big gambling site. You just don't win money. Just my opinion anyway..i still love this game! 

Jul 10, 2016, 00:1807/10/16
10/25/15
If I may suggest, how about allowing the recall option until your units exit your radar range. If you are out of range you can't communicate so that sounds fair. Also, (this may come across as another discussion and it probably is) If your units are outside of the communication range(radar) we should not be able to know where they are at any given time. Or how about making the tracking tab more interactive, upgrading it will extend the range(already done) and allow you to stay in contact with your troops. One last thing. If these ideas are put into place then the mission report will not be shown until your units are able to communicate with you. Please let me know what you think about my ideas.