John BlackCharacter
May 23, 2018, 14:1605/23/18
01/13/15

A Brand New Feature Has Come To Zandia! Explore Your COBRA Base Today

A Brand New Feature Has Come To Zandia

Explore Your COBRA Base Today

SYNDICATE SECRET MESSAGE

Commander,

The COBRA Base is a feature that will revolutionize your gameplay with a huge range of new possibilities - a new Base, new Buildings, new Contracts, new Units, and new PvE locations.

Access to COBRA Base will only be available to players who have met all the requirements to unlock it. These are:

1. Reach Level 60 in the game

2. Win at a Level 40 Location

3. Negotiate the “Combat Aviation - Platinum” Contract

4. Negotiate the “Recon in Strength” Contract

5. Negotiate the “Perimeter Security Lvl 5” Contract

The COBRA Base gives you access to the following new features:

- COBRA Buildings. Similar to your existing Base, you will require special Buildings in your COBRA Base in order to produce Resources, defend your Base (COBRA Perimeter Defense counts towards your Base Defense Bonus), and hire new COBRA Units. COBRA Buildings can only be built by Master Engineers. Master Engineers are able to work on Buildings both at your Base and COBRA Base, but must first be upgraded from regular Engineers. The first upgrade is free - after this you can upgrade another Engineer to a Master Engineer for Diamonds.

- COBRA Units. COBRA Units are special Units that can only be trained at COBRA Base. There are 4 Units in total: Ranger (Infantry), Enforcer (Heavy Infantry), Spectre AFV (Armor), and Garuda (Combat Aviation). COBRA Units are unique in that their base stats for Offense and Defense are equal, which means they are well suited to all types of engagements. COBRA Units reduce the Defense of non-COBRA Units in offensive battles. They also gain a 20% Defensive Bonus in defensive battles against armies containing at least one non-COBRA Unit.

- COBRA Unit Abilities. In addition to their versatility and power, COBRA Units each have two unique Abilities – one offensive and one defensive. These Abilities will greatly improve your army’s prospects in selected Offensive and Defensive battles, for example by increasing Movement Speed or your Base Defense Bonus. However, Abilities will only provide a Bonus if they are activated. The probability of a COBRA Unit Ability affecting a battle depends on its Activation Chance. The higher the Activation Chance, the more likely it is that the Ability will be activated. When sending COBRA Units into battle, don't forget to take note of each Ability’s Bonus and Activation Chance, then adapt your strategy accordingly.

- COBRA Contracts. The COBRA Contract Tree can be found by clicking on the "Contracts" icon on the right hand side of your Base screen. COBRA Contracts can increase the power of your COBRA Units, the effectiveness and Activation Chance of their Abilities, and provide other valuable bonuses. In order to discover these special Contracts, you must first collect the relevant COBRA Referrals.

- COBRA Locations and COBRA Missions. We have introduced a range of new PvE challenges that can only be completed using COBRA Units. Fight your way through to higher Levels and earn huge Rewards, including Parts, powerful COBRA Units, and COBRA Referrals.

- Parts. Parts are a new Resource that is required for training COBRA Units, constructing and upgrading COBRA Buildings, and negotiating COBRA Contracts. Parts can be produced at your Parts Factories, or received as a Reward for completing quests and COBRA Locations. If you’re in a hurry, you’ll also be able to get hold of Parts Packs from the Black Market.

The COBRA Base is the challenge you’ve been waiting for – lock, load, and ready your COBRA Units for action today!

END MESSAGE

SYNDICATE SECRET MESSAGE

Commanders!

Here is a comprehensive guide that will give you more information about the basics of the game's new feature:

https://plarium.com/forum/en/soldiers-inc/game-tutorials/104263_the-cobra-base/

Views
Comments
Comments
May 24, 2018, 08:2005/24/18
05/24/18
Bad move.I saw the same thing happen to Kingdoms of Camelot.Instead of leaving this game to be a strategy game ,you are letting greed ruin it. Many players have had enough,myself included.I have spent money on this game in the past ,but no more."Play for Free".....Pfffttt. Good luck with your greedy scheme. Take away the COBRA mess ,or make it temporary ,or this game will go the path of the dinosaurs.
May 24, 2018, 18:0805/24/18
07/31/13
The cobra base is just a money grabbing exercise by Plarium, it will only benefit the rich credit card players
May 25, 2018, 01:4205/25/18
May 25, 2018, 03:54(edited)
07/31/15

Deejay2163 said:

Bad move.I saw the same thing happen to Kingdoms of Camelot.Instead of leaving this game to be a strategy game ,you are letting greed ruin it. Many players have had enough,myself included.I have spent money on this game in the past ,but no more."Play for Free".....Pfffttt. Good luck with your greedy scheme. Take away the COBRA mess ,or make it temporary ,or this game will go the path of the dinosaurs.

I agree.

I don't like COBRA's stuff.

When I chose this game, all this stuff was not present (including Upgrade Designs, UCAV, Repositories, Combine HQ, etc ... all this was not there and the game was more simpler).

Now it is becoming gradually more and more complicated.

Furthermore, you can never get to an end (to be able to say: "I finally did everything!", "I finally developed everything at the top!") ...

you are never able to say this and the "end of development" is continually shifted further when you are about to reach it.

We need to put a limit on the evolution of this game...

Having nothing left to do / develop could be boring for someone, but even never reaching the end could be just as boring and frustrating.

if you keep changing everything and adding new things every year, this game will end up becoming an endless jumble of achievements and activities to do.

Like a Christmas tree that has been too decorated (excessively decorated).
The original "Soldiers Inc" is increasingly submerged by the incessant / infinite arrival of these "kitsch decorations" and now it is almost no longer recognizable.

too many decorations are ugly.

May 26, 2018, 11:1805/26/18
10/11/16

Nice job, plarium ! 

It is something new, just to revigorate the game. 

May 28, 2018, 18:0405/28/18
03/10/17
It's been fun, now I'm forced to be a productive family member again.. thanks a pant load
May 29, 2018, 11:0205/29/18
04/23/18

Plarium, you've made a huge mistake here with your Cobra units.  Everyone can see it's a straight up "money grab".  These units only benefit those that can afford them, you will start to lose all your younger members that are just now trying to learn this game.  Now you've went and put in a "Bunker Buster".  

What the hell did I spend my money on for those stupid Upgrade designs if my bunker is now useless to me?  Make cobra a limited time only, take out the Bunker Contract, and give us more chance's to win Upgrade designs in contests.  I would also make another suggestion to you....  keep the money levels DOWN.  More players would spend that 10 bucks a week/month if you would stop raising the bar every time you clicked it.  Make those options available full time, and you just may see a jump in revenue's.

Sorry, this keeps up and I will be forced to leave this game behind, it's just becoming too expensive for a "free game".  It's free if you wish to spend 100 years trying to win all the XP/Upgrade Designs and now Cobra?  I dont think so.

May 30, 2018, 14:5005/30/18
11/26/16

I agree, this COBRA thing is money taker, OK,  but then lower the cost of the packages - we could buy more and you will earn the same ( or you want more without giving anything ??? ).

Think about this - you dont exist without players.

Jun 24, 2018, 21:3206/24/18
01/17/15

I like it. The corners are liking it more but they always do anyway. Thanks for the update you!

Jun 25, 2018, 09:1206/25/18
Jun 25, 2018, 17:09(edited)
06/13/15

Thank you all for your feedback !

I notice that opinions are divided but this new feature doesn't require spending money. Soldiers inc is a war game and also a game of patience, play for fun, pay to win, false... to be the best. You can win any fight without putting a dime.

You have the opportunity to evolve and enjoy all the features without paying, that's what makes it's a free game, it will take more or less time depending on your strategy.

Jun 26, 2018, 03:0506/26/18
01/17/15

I think what they are talking about is the upgrade designs. You cant really get those without paying for it. I mean yeah you can get them, but never more than 120 at any one time which dosn’t really mean anything when you need 3k. 

For me, i do not see any problem at all supporting a game i love. I like the people, even my enemies have been a pleasure to meet in some way or form. 

Jun 29, 2018, 13:0606/29/18
i need ref's. 
Jun 29, 2018, 19:0206/29/18
06/13/15

zenithlinejobs said:

i need ref's. 

Hello Commander,

You can get one free (every day), also by completing COBRA locations and also exchanging on the Logistics Exchange.