ultimate starting guide for new players

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Aug 17, 2017, 01:5708/17/17
07/11/16

Hello new Commander,

As you just start the game it might be hard for you to get on your feet and learn how to play soldiers Inc. and if the in-game tutorial doesn't explain everything for you, I will explain everything in a nutshell. This tutorial will include;

- Whats the building that you should build first.

- What to first research.

- How to do ZHG missions.

- What all the buildings do.

If you're here you're probably wondering how to play soldiers Inc., maybe you have started playing and you just don't get how to play even after the tutorial. let me tell you that when I first started playing I had so many questions myself and I was lost wondering what to do but after two weeks I quickly picked it up and now after 1 year of playing I'm ready to pass on my knowledge of what I learned to the next newbie. If you stick with me and follow this tutorial you can be level 30 under an hour.

It all starts with production and Storage. When you first start it's important that you do this otherwise you won't grow as a player very fast. Build all you’re Landing zones, Munitions factories, and oil derricks this will put your production at 100 h for all resources. then build all your field kitchens and storages there is three of them that you can build, for each building what this will do is increase your storage and your production you will need resources for almost everything in the game the more resources that you have the more you will be able utilize them and this is why you would do this first when you start playing because it'll pay you back. It will save you weeks of struggling looking for resources. next what you want to do is upgrade one storage to level 7 using your speed ups and then upgrade one field Kitchen to level 7 using the speed ups also. This will wipe out almost all your speedups but it will be worth it you can always get more speed ups later this will give you enough resources to get on your feet. If you have time later go back and upgrade all of your production buildings to level 2 and 3 if time permits. This will start you off perfectly for everything that you need to do and make your base the best in Zandia.

As you get done with storage and production it's time to build your other buildings. Some of them you already built in the tutorial like your Contracting Office. this building keeps track of all your referrals, what referrals do is give you special troops and buildings to further your base but I will get back to that in the next section. If you upgrade this building it will give you a faster negotiation speed for researching contracts. The commandant's office building is very important to your success also this building if you upgrade it will give you a build bonus to upgrade other building faster. After you upgrade your production buildings this is the next building that you want to upgrade because it will make everything faster to upgrade, you might ask the question why not do this first well without the storage you won't be able to upgrade it a significant amount of times. This building will be the next step to make your base the best. Other buildings will be covered later in this tutorial.

Now that you're on your feet with buildings it's time to move on to research. Like the training center researching will give you bonuses when you first start it is very hard to get on your feet with research and in fact takes quite a little bit of time, because in order to research you need referrals and every day you only get one referral, but don't feel discouraged as you're waiting for your next contract to be unlocked you can still keep researching and trust me you will never run out of stuff to research for a long time. You will research some of the contracts in the tutorial and therefore I recommend to keep researching the sapper until the next contract unlocks. Now in later days if you get duplicate referrals you can go to your Logistics Exchange Building and exchange the referral that you don't want for the one that you do want. In the logistics The Exchange you can also trade resources. This building is really helpful to further your research but not crucial if you don’t upgrade it. Most of the things that you will research are troops and this will bring me to my next topic of ZHG missions.

ZHG military missions is the best way to get experience when you're a low level and this is how you will get 30 level in under an hour. In your radar building it will show missions now you will go on missions with your troops to kill Zheng Shi’s forces. Every mission that you will do will kill some of your troops but don't get worried the first 15 levels you will not lose a considerable amount of troops. You will be able to defeat all of Zheng Shi’s forces easily. Now every 5 mission levels that you go up you will get a special mission these missions have more troops than the regular ones, I recommend attacking with caution when thinking about attacking these so you do not lose your troops the same applies for regular missions after level 15. People constantly make the mistake of farming too high and they can't recover.as you attack these Mission you will get troops in resources and eventually will be able to attack later missions but now if you're just starting I recommend not going any further then level 20 so as not to kill all of your troops. It’s also important when you first start to put your troops in the Bunker; the bunker is a building that protects your troops from outside attackers. This will make it so if you do get attacked you won't lose your troops. You can defend your base if you want to but chances are if you're just starting you will lose everything that you are defending with. If you lose your troop you can revive them in the Sick Bay building by using diamonds.

If you keep doing these things you are on a great start to having the best base in Zandia.

As for the other buildings and miscellaneous details that I didn't explain I will get to now.

The training center; What this building does is give you bonuses based on the drill instructors that you have assigned to that said skill.

The joint Ops Center gives you the ability to join a combine. Being in a combine will give you bonuses and help you progress your base.

The Armory building is for special items that give you bonuses you will get them in battle or at a Depot, do not recommend building this when you first start seeing as it takes an hour to build and it will stop your progress and useless when you first start.

The tracking Center helps your speed traveling to a repository or depot.

The maintenance shop help the speed of your convoys which is for exchanging referrals and resources.

The loading dock is for increasing much your convoy can hold.

The mercenary bar is for recruiting Mercenaries to help you fight in battle.

The medical laboratory gives you bonuses kind of like the training center but you have to collect stimulate packs in order to use the bonuses.

This is my ultimate starting guide for new players. Thank you for reading this and I hope this helps you improve your game.

LightSword

Views
Comments
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Aug 17, 2017, 10:1008/17/17
09/17/15
Thanks for sharing your knowledge! :)
Aug 17, 2017, 13:4708/17/17
Aug 17, 2017, 14:26(edited)
07/11/16

this guide doesn't have few things about ZHG but as a newbie they cant use the knowledge thus i left it at a basic level. the idea for a newbie is to stay under the radar and not get raided Until you're ready to come out of the Shadows

Aug 17, 2017, 13:5608/17/17
Aug 17, 2017, 13:57(edited)
07/11/16

my theory has already been proven about ZHG just look at the bug reports there's a guy that killed all those troops and wants a lower level ZHG

Aug 18, 2017, 18:0308/18/17
07/11/16

zenki said:

I want to know more about ZHG!  

You can share some information or something! 

can someone help about ZHG! 

I'll write you up something on zhg

Aug 18, 2017, 22:0808/18/17
07/11/16

zenki said:

I want to know more about ZHG!  

You can share some information or something! 

can someone help about ZHG! 

ZHG is a great way to get troops but it may be hard to figure out how to operate people don't understand sometimes how ZHG works and will ask questions like; why am I losing troops and not getting paid back for them? Why do my payouts never add up? Or something worse happens you lose all your troops to Zhg and then have no offense, I myself lost all my offense one time. This tutorial will teach you how to properly play Zhg missions.

Before you start need to understand a general idea of how S&D works. If you look at other tutorials on how to do S&D missions you'll hear things like ZHG runs on a banking system and this is true. The thing that you really need to know is that farming Zhg is a loan that you would take out of a bank. There is interest on your loan and then when you pay it off you will get your reward. This is why you lose some of your troops. People do not understand this and I feel I need to stress this point.

By now you’re probably thinking; well how do I calculate my bank to know when my loan is paid off. It’s very easy the next big reward that you get that is your bank and then becomes your bank loan with interest how you calculate it is add all the resources together that you get plus the troops resource value that you got and that is your new bank loan. The bank runs on a 10% to 15% interest. The interest is never exact. How you repay your bank loan is killing your troops. But as you payback your loan you will get mini payouts and you will have to add those to your bank loan.

Once you pay back your bank the next loan you take out is based on the level at you attack when successfully paying back your loan so if you attack a level 25 you will not get a high payout as if you would attack a 45.

It is also true that drill instructors will give you a lesser payout because they have a resource value in themselves but it won't cut your pay out a great deal only at most a few thunderheads thus it's better to always hit the highest possible mission to farm Zhg. Some people will not agree with me on this but are you really going to go for a lesser payout over a few thunderheads.

Aug 19, 2017, 13:0708/19/17
Aug 19, 2017, 13:09(edited)
08/12/14

zenki said:

exciting!  

It's been a long time since someone has directed something! 

Also, after receiving the reward, how does your army compare to the original? 

Generally it is less due to the ZHG tax (he calls it interest). However, it's important to note that it is less in resource value. Sometimes it is possible to increase your off/def while still losing resources (included this statement for those that only track off/def ;D).

However, there is a way to gain at least 20 mil off/def from ZHGs in profit, while increasing the resource value of your army. If you're interested in this I recommend checking the Stormfall forums for hints (look for topics on BG/ battlegrounds). One of the people that first discovered this method, DJmoody, has talked about it a few times there. I'll leave my own hint in the following statement.

Note, this amount of free off/def was when ZHG max lvl was 125. Not sure what max ZHG lvl is now (the news section on the forums seems to have lost the info somehow -.-). Also, do not attempt this trick without having at least 20-30 mil off/def combined. It's best to have at least 25% of your total in one and not be nearly pure offense or defense.

Also, a warning. Once you have completed this trick you will not be able to do ZHGs ever again (well... unless new lvls come out, that's the second hint btw ;D). They will only be loss making due to the massive amount of resources you would have to repay. Make sure you're prepared to lose 1/3rd of the content in this game (raiding, PvP, ZHGs).

Aug 19, 2017, 18:4508/19/17
08/12/14

LightSword said:

Inaginni said:

Generally it is less due to the ZHG tax (he calls it interest). However, it's important to note that it is less in resource value. Sometimes it is possible to increase your off/def while still losing resources (included this statement for those that only track off/def ;D).

However, there is a way to gain at least 20 mil off/def from ZHGs in profit, while increasing the resource value of your army. If you're interested in this I recommend checking the Stormfall forums for hints (look for topics on BG/ battlegrounds). One of the people that first discovered this method, DJmoody, has talked about it a few times there. I'll leave my own hint in the following statement.

Note, this amount of free off/def was when ZHG max lvl was 125. Not sure what max ZHG lvl is now (the news section on the forums seems to have lost the info somehow -.-). Also, do not attempt this trick without having at least 20-30 mil off/def combined. It's best to have at least 25% of your total in one and not be nearly pure offense or defense.

Also, a warning. Once you have completed this trick you will not be able to do ZHGs ever again (well... unless new lvls come out, that's the second hint btw ;D). They will only be loss making due to the massive amount of resources you would have to repay. Make sure you're prepared to lose 1/3rd of the content in this game (raiding, PvP, ZHGs).

You are wrong your bank will never go down in value unless you reset it. You will ALWAYS get back what you put in minus the little bit in interest. In order to reset your bank what you have to do is attack the lowest 2 missions possible that you have. Thus if you just killed five hundred Thunderheads never hit Bank and then hit the lowest 2 missions you can kiss those thunderheads goodbye you just lost them because you reset your bank.

There is a way to increase your bank and it's very simple attack the highest possible mission. Interest already increases your bank for you so every time you payback your Bank you will increase your bank loan and for your information the first person to discover it was Jeff Maginniss.

Also the hint that you gave was wrong again. But to answer your question the max level is 175 and the news section does not lose the information it got posted in-game under “news”. You CAN attempt this trick with lower than 20 million off/def I myself only built up from 5 mil off and I'm not pure offense or defense just play it smart and you will not lose anything. When you know you're close to hitting Bank just hit the highest possible mission this will give you the highest possible reward.

As for your warning that is wrong too, I have done in fact this “trick” several times and it has not stopped working for me even at level 175. You can lose some of your troop but if you play it right you can actually gained quite a ton. I have not lost on zhg in a very long time. You just need to know how to play it right. I think the lowest I've ever lost was 3 million and that is not even ¼ of my Force.

I'm sorry, but no I am not wrong. It is well established that what you call interest is actually a tax. The tax does not apply only in very specific circumstances, such as the method I am talking about ;).

It sounds like we're saying the exact same thing on the banking value, so I'll put what I said in a slightly different way for you. The banking value you place into the ZHGs is equal to the resource value of your troops minus the tax percent. Again, this is if you do ZHGs normally. Also, hitting your lowest levels does not reset the bank. The only time you know your bank is at zero is when the small payouts stop appearing, even at very low levels (best indicator of a true 0 resource bank is getting nothing from a lvl 1 ZHG).

Also, the payout threshold is individual to every ZHG and does not only apply from your highest level, as you are saying. You can think of this as a payout threshold for each ZHG level. You are technically correct about large payouts increasing what you have to pay back in before another large payout, but that is not the focus for what I am describing for getting free resources out of the ZHGs. Also, just to make it more clear to you, the method I am talking about was discovered the same week that Plarium changed the ZHG system in Stormfall (called BGs there). Note that this change happened at least a year before happening on Soldiers, so it is, frankly, impossible for anyone on Soldiers to have discovered it before someone on Stormfall.

Since you like thinking about it in terms of loans, I'll tell you that the method I am talking about is akin to getting a loan for 200% extra resources than what you put in. Perhaps now you can see a bit why trying to play the ZHGs again is nearly impossible after using this method, ESPECIALLY if you lose any troops by hitting MCs, HQs, etc.. Note that this method also takes a week to complete normally (although you can speed it up). Also, since we're up to lvl 175, the method I'm talking about should now give something close to 100 mil off/def on top of what you started with.

Also, since you say the news section doesn't lose info, I'll just point you to this as proof that, YES the info has INDEED disappeared. As you can see, the max level is no longer listed (I believe it used to be in the image which no longer works). Also, in game does not post the max level either. Instead it is, generally, only a copy of the headline for the news article on the forums, requiring you to read the forums for extra details. The only time you don't have to read the forums for updates is when the "more" icon is visible, such as here.

Conclusion

Since it seems we are talking about different mechanisms, I will conclude with saying that yes my original hint is correct and yes you should, indeed, take my warning to heart if you choose to use this method.
Aug 19, 2017, 22:0008/19/17
07/11/16

Inaginni said:

You are wrong your bank will never go down in value unless you reset it. You will ALWAYS get back what you put in minus the little bit in interest. In order to reset your bank what you have to do is attack the lowest 2 missions possible that you have. Thus if you just killed five hundred Thunderheads never hit Bank and then hit the lowest 2 missions you can kiss those thunderheads goodbye you just lost them because you reset your bank.

There is a way to increase your bank and it's very simple attack the highest possible mission. Interest already increases your bank for you so every time you payback your Bank you will increase your bank loan and for your information the first person to discover it was Jeff Maginniss.

Also the hint that you gave was wrong again. But to answer your question the max level is 175 and the news section does not lose the information it got posted in-game under “news”. You CAN attempt this trick with lower than 20 million off/def I myself only built up from 5 mil off and I'm not pure offense or defense just play it smart and you will not lose anything. When you know you're close to hitting Bank just hit the highest possible mission this will give you the highest possible reward.

As for your warning that is wrong too, I have done in fact this “trick” several times and it has not stopped working for me even at level 175. You can lose some of your troop but if you play it right you can actually gained quite a ton. I have not lost on zhg in a very long time. You just need to know how to play it right. I think the lowest I've ever lost was 3 million and that is not even ¼ of my Force.

Aug 19, 2017, 22:0308/19/17
Aug 19, 2017, 22:35(edited)
07/11/16

Inaginni said:

LightSword said:

Inaginni said:

I'm sorry, but no I am not wrong. It is well established that what you call interest is actually a tax. The tax does not apply only in very specific circumstances, such as the method I am talking about ;).

It sounds like we're saying the exact same thing on the banking value, so I'll put what I said in a slightly different way for you. The banking value you place into the ZHGs is equal to the resource value of your troops minus the tax percent. Again, this is if you do ZHGs normally. Also, hitting your lowest levels does not reset the bank. The only time you know your bank is at zero is when the small payouts stop appearing, even at very low levels (best indicator of a true 0 resource bank is getting nothing from a lvl 1 ZHG).

Also, the payout threshold is individual to every ZHG and does not only apply from your highest level, as you are saying. You can think of this as a payout threshold for each ZHG level. You are technically correct about large payouts increasing what you have to pay back in before another large payout, but that is not the focus for what I am describing for getting free resources out of the ZHGs. Also, just to make it more clear to you, the method I am talking about was discovered the same week that Plarium changed the ZHG system in Stormfall (called BGs there). Note that this change happened at least a year before happening on Soldiers, so it is, frankly, impossible for anyone on Soldiers to have discovered it before someone on Stormfall.

Since you like thinking about it in terms of loans, I'll tell you that the method I am talking about is akin to getting a loan for 200% extra resources than what you put in. Perhaps now you can see a bit why trying to play the ZHGs again is nearly impossible after using this method, ESPECIALLY if you lose any troops by hitting MCs, HQs, etc.. Note that this method also takes a week to complete normally (although you can speed it up). Also, since we're up to lvl 175, the method I'm talking about should now give something close to 100 mil off/def on top of what you started with.

Also, since you say the news section doesn't lose info, I'll just point you to this as proof that, YES the info has INDEED disappeared. As you can see, the max level is no longer listed (I believe it used to be in the image which no longer works). Also, in game does not post the max level either. Instead it is, generally, only a copy of the headline for the news article on the forums, requiring you to read the forums for extra details. The only time you don't have to read the forums for updates is when the "more" icon is visible, such as here.

Conclusion

Since it seems we are talking about different mechanisms, I will conclude with saying that yes my original hint is correct and yes you should, indeed, take my warning to heart if you choose to use this method.

First of all I never said you were wrong about calling it a tax you can call it whatever you want. do not put words in my mouth that I didn’t say. ;)

The banking value you place into the ZHG does indeed include the tax. Your Reward value that does not include tax ;). Hitting the lowest missions does indeed reset your bank and before you start your word against mine stuff. try it out for yourself. You will see that I'm not lying. I know it works; I have lost 600 t-heads because I reset my bank. (Note: you can only reset your bank once a day)

You misinterpreted my words all I'm saying is if you hit your highest mission, you will get your highest possible payout. So if you hit a level 113 you'll get a higher payout then you would a level 112. There’s a limit to how much your bank can give you per level.

As for Stormfall figuring it out first. I was talking about soldiers only. I was referring him to be the 1st to figure it out on Soldiers Inc. I misinterpreted your words but Where is this mystery article can I see it? The only thing I can find on Battleground mechanics is for Nords: Heroes of the North and that came out on 11 September, 2015 and Jeff Maginniss came out with his 3/21/14

That method that you're talking about would be rather pointless because you're technically just hurting yourself. Not being able to expand your army anymore plus not being able to trade your crappy troops for good ones. But…… it actually is a great idea if you can reset your bank, which you can ;) growing your army will be super easy, I will admit I did not know about this farming “trick” but I stand firm that bank resetting actually does work.

As for never losing information I assumed when you knew that the level was 125 you got a notification that it goes up 5 levels And then would you know that the max would be at level 130 and so on but I guess that's what happens when you assume It's not that hard to keep track. Again I never said anything about them “requiring you to read the forums for extra details” I said everything was in game and As you pointed out in your “evidence” For that notification in the news about 5 added levels there is no discuss button. ;) 

Respectfully,

light

Aug 19, 2017, 22:5608/19/17
Aug 19, 2017, 22:59(edited)
08/12/14

LightSword said:

Inaginni said:

LightSword said:

Inaginni said:

-snip getting too long-

-and again-

Conclusion

First of all I never said you were wrong about calling it a tax you can call it whatever you want. do not put words in my mouth that I didn’t say. ;)

The banking value you place into the ZHG does indeed include the tax. Your Reward value that does not include tax ;). Hitting the lowest missions does indeed reset your bank and before you start your word against mine stuff. try it out for yourself. You will see that I'm not lying. I know it works; I have lost 600 t-heads because I reset my bank. (Note: you can only reset your bank once a day)

You misinterpreted my words all I'm saying is if you hit your highest mission, you will get your highest possible payout. So if you hit a level 113 you'll get a higher payout then you would a level 112. There’s a limit to how much your bank can give you per level.

As for Stormfall figuring it out first. I was talking about soldiers only. I was referring him to be the 1st to figure it out on Soldiers Inc. I misinterpreted your words.

That method that you're talking about would be rather pointless because you're technically just hurting yourself. Not being able to expand your army anymore plus not being able to trade your crappy troops for good ones. But…… it actually is a great idea if you can reset your bank, which you can ;) growing your army will be super easy, I will admit I did not know about this farming “trick” but I stand firm that bank resetting actually does work.

As for never losing information I assumed when you knew that the level was 125 you got a notification that it goes up 5 levels And then would you know that the max would be at level 130 and so on but I guess that's what happens when you assume It's not that hard to keep track. Again I never said anything about them “requiring you to read the forums for extra details” I said everything was in game and As you pointed out in your “evidence” For that notification in the news about 5 added levels there is no discuss button. ;) 

Respectfully,

light

Considering how I think about it as a tax, I consider the resources put in minus the tax as the banked amount. Just how I chose to write my code and no additional thought is needed later on (no need to separate banked value and payout amount).

As for resetting, I have indeed already tested it. In fact many, many players have already tested this in Stormfall as, since they know this technique, if they could reset it, as you say, they could then go through using ZHGs again as conversion (however the technique I'm talking about cannot be done a second time). However, it has been shown many times that once the trick is performed there is no way to use ZHGs again without a max lvl increase for locations. As such, I still consider the "resetting" to be nonexistent. My direct counter is when I loaded my ZHGs fully and then accidentally hit a lvl 2 location (my lowest at the time). I got a few riflemen out of it, I was annoyed, but it did not effect my 300 thunderheads afterward.

As for growing your army, I'd say in general you lose your army with ZHGs, or at least you lose the resource value of your army. For example, converting aviation to armor can still give a net gain in off/def while losing resources due to the tax. After everything is converted you will generally start losing off/def value of your army. Be sure you are not confusing your build queue with ZHG "growing" your army. Generally you can add a few mil per month due to just your build queue.

The point of the method I'm talking about was to have ZHGs not only increase the off/def value of your army, but to do so without losing the resource value of your army either. Otherwise, ZHGs are eventually just a sink for your resources, as you are better off just building the units you want and never putting them into ZHGs.

Finally, yeah, why would I care about memorizing max level information when I thought I could look it up, at any time, and I wasn't near the original max lvl? Also, I would say that implying I "could" have looked through 100s of news articles, slowly counting up the values, is a bit of a dickish thought. Actually, apparently in-game news IS actually lost, so your comment was just wrong on this one. I only count 3, 5 lvl increases to ZHG location level. Also, the "discussion" button was not what I was talking about, as that forces you to read the forum. The "more" button is the one that let's you get the full details without going to the forums. Also, saying "evidence" is VERY standoffish, including all your messages to me so far (I replied in kind to your own tone), especially when I was RIGHT. ;D

Aug 19, 2017, 23:4408/19/17
Aug 19, 2017, 23:49(edited)
07/11/16

Inaginni said:

LightSword said:

Inaginni said:

LightSword said:

Inaginni said:

-snip getting too long-

-and again-

Conclusion

As for Stormfall figuring it out first. I was talking about soldiers only. I was referring him to be the 1st to figure it out on Soldiers Inc. I misinterpreted your words.

Respectfully,

light

Considering how I think about it as a tax, I consider the resources put in minus the tax as the banked amount. Just how I chose to write my code and no additional thought is needed later on (no need to separate banked value and payout amount).

As for resetting, I have indeed already tested it. In fact many, many players have already tested this in Stormfall as, since they know this technique, if they could reset it, as you say, they could then go through using ZHGs again as conversion (however the technique I'm talking about cannot be done a second time). However, it has been shown many times that once the trick is performed there is no way to use ZHGs again without a max lvl increase for locations. As such, I still consider the "resetting" to be nonexistent. My direct counter is when I loaded my ZHGs fully and then accidentally hit a lvl 2 location (my lowest at the time). I got a few riflemen out of it, I was annoyed, but it did not effect my 300 thunderheads afterward.

As for growing your army, I'd say in general you lose your army with ZHGs, or at least you lose the resource value of your army. For example, converting aviation to armor can still give a net gain in off/def while losing resources due to the tax. After everything is converted you will generally start losing off/def value of your army. Be sure you are not confusing your build queue with ZHG "growing" your army. Generally you can add a few mil per month due to just your build queue.

The point of the method I'm talking about was to have ZHGs not only increase the off/def value of your army, but to do so without losing the resource value of your army either. Otherwise, ZHGs are eventually just a sink for your resources, as you are better off just building the units you want and never putting them into ZHGs.

Finally, yeah, why would I care about memorizing max level information when I thought I could look it up, at any time, and I wasn't near the original max lvl? Also, I would say that implying I "could" have looked through 100s of news articles, slowly counting up the values, is a bit of a dickish thought. Actually, apparently in-game news IS actually lost, so your comment was just wrong on this one. I only count 3, 5 lvl increases to ZHG location level. Also, the "discussion" button was not what I was talking about, as that forces you to read the forum. The "more" button is the one that let's you get the full details without going to the forums. Also, saying "evidence" is VERY standoffish, including all your messages to me so far (I replied in kind to your own tone), especially when I was RIGHT. ;D

Call it a tax or a loan it's just personal preference this doesn’t matter

If resetting the bank doesn't work for you I'm sorry. But it works for me so You MUST be doing something wrong,( We're all open to our opinions) and Where is this mystery article About this special technique can I see it? The only thing I can find on Battleground mechanics is for Nords: Heroes of the North and that came out on 11 September, 2015 and Jeff Maginniss came out with his 3/21/14.

As for growing armies, you lose a little bit of your army but that's only due to tax. Well yes indeed you will resources due to the tax. You and me saying the same thing this point should be dropped, and no I do not confuse it with my build queue.

I get what you're saying about your special technique and zhg does waste some resources but I personally only lose a little bit if you're losing more i dont know what to tell you. I'd say for every 5 mill that I get from Zhg I only lose like 220k att or def, and there are benefits to farming zhg Such as experience. You seem to have started to go off-topic I missed your point on what you're trying to prove.

I haven't memorized the ZHG levels either just for me every time there's five new levels. I attacked them so I'm always at the max level of ZHG. I would not waste my time either counting the articles, I’m Just saying it soon as they come out, you should know that there's more levels.

I don't care what voice you respond to me in, You are wrong about some things And the rest we’re arguing about the same thing.( Again we're all open to our opinions) ;)

Aug 20, 2017, 00:4208/20/17
08/12/14

LightSword said:

Inaginni said:

LightSword said:

Inaginni said:

LightSword said:

Inaginni said:

-snip getting too long-

-and again-

-snip-

Respectfully,

light

Call it a tax or a loan it's just personal preference this doesn’t matter

If resetting the bank doesn't work for you I'm sorry. But it works for me so You MUST be doing something wrong,( We're all open to our opinions) and Where is this mystery article About this special technique can I see it? The only thing I can find on Battleground mechanics is for Nords: Heroes of the North and that came out on 11 September, 2015 and Jeff Maginniss came out with his 3/21/14.

As for growing armies, you lose a little bit of your army but that's only due to tax. Well yes indeed you will resources due to the tax. You and me saying the same thing this point should be dropped, and no I do not confuse it with my build queue.

I get what you're saying about your special technique and zhg does waste some resources but I personally only lose a little bit if you're losing more i dont know what to tell you. I'd say for every 5 mill that I get from Zhg I only lose like 220k att or def, and there are benefits to farming zhg Such as experience. You seem to have started to go off-topic I missed your point on what you're trying to prove.

I haven't memorized the ZHG levels either just for me every time there's five new levels. I attacked them so I'm always at the max level of ZHG. I would not waste my time either counting the articles, I’m Just saying it soon as they come out, you should know that there's more levels.

I don't care what voice you respond to me in, You are wrong about some things And the rest we’re arguing about the same thing.( Again we're all open to our opinions) ;)

I take it you don't like admitting any of the points where you're wrong or addressing my evidence that opposes your opinion. That or you need to upgrade your skimming ability. ;)

As I said, the resetting has been tested by far many more than myself. In fact saying that the entirety of the leadership in my Stormfall league, and several of our allies, tested this would not be an understatement. So, yes, I do believe that resetting does not work. The only reason I am continuing to debate this is that I have seen posters like yourself (who also have the habit of glossing over any part(s) that counter their statement or merely stating "well it works for me!") and I do not want the misinformation which is already rampant in Soldiers to continue. It is my hope to eventually bring up the general knowledge in this game to match that in Stormfall. While it might not be intentional on your part (there are those that deliberately spread it to hurt the competition), I do still believe it's important to confront it. I hope me continuing to discuss it will make whomever reads this decide to test it on their own.

You must have not read my first post very well. If you had, you would have seen that I stated that only hints were given. I also gave the name of the person who gave said hints ;D. I further gave two additional hints that, one could say, fill in almost entirely what that person left out. Once again, I recommend you search for that person or BG/ battlegrounds.

I want to drop the "growing your army" part, but you seem to still have a misunderstanding about where I'm coming from. I am also worried that your continued insistence that "something is wrong with what I'm doing" (seems to be about every post so far, although at least you've roundabout admitted being wrong on the method I was talking about :P) will lead others down the wrong path. I think this is mainly coming from you looking at numbers and not percentages (i.e. the tax)/ what is converting to what (i.e. aviation to armor). Hopefully this time I can finish clearing this up.

Let's say you had completely converted your offensive army to armor, let's say specifically vindicators (the most efficient offensive armor you can have from ZHGs). Now if you convert all of them to, say, Hvy Support Inf, then you would see a percent loss that would relate to the situation you stated. However, if they all converted to Recon Operators, you would actually see your offense increase. Similarly, if you only got vindicators out, if you started with 5 million offense (to use your situation) you would have most likely lost at least 500k offense through the process (tax is around 12%, but I chose 10% considering the "fuzziness" around the payout amount). As such, I think your example represents converting to a better off/def per resource troop, which comes nowhere close to representing all cases (I say this since it seemed you were implying that those types of losses, in your example, were playing the "correct" way).

Your comment on EXP is a bit "off topic" as well, but I'll address it for you anyways. I agree that there are other benefits to ZHG... IF you have not used the method I had described, as I was talking about. Once you have done so there is literally no benefit to ZHGs, as any EXP you earn would result in a permanent, and rather large amount, of troop loss. ZHG tournaments are also worthless for the same reason.

I agree with you saying that "as soon as they come out you would know there is more." However, I'd also argue that is not what your words were implying when you responded to me about the max level, as not "everything" (as you said) is in the in-game news section.

I'll conclude with, I don't seem to have been wrong about anything so far, but that you've been wrong about quite a bit (we'll leave out the "resetting" part in that tally since I doubt you'd agree :P). If you'd like I can list what you've been wrong about, since you seem to skim my posts.

Aug 20, 2017, 01:1008/20/17
07/11/16

To drop the subject I will admit that I misread Your first message. I thought you were talking about zhg farming in general needing 20 mill I thought that was ridiculous

I know you're just trying to help And so am I. I didn't want this become a crap show but I guess I made it into one.

going back to your first message personally I've never seen my bank go down But I guess it could be possible.

And as for resetting the bank, I'll try it again right now, I'll let you know if it works or not.

As for the article on DJmoody Can you find it must have disappeared i cant find it and I would like to look at it

glad we could "discuss" :) this 

light

Aug 20, 2017, 01:2408/20/17
Aug 20, 2017, 01:25(edited)
07/11/16

It seems you are right i attacked the lowest 2 missions i had and then i blew 10mil in rss value then i got 18mil in return But this is weird to me.where did my thunderheads go the one time that i did try this It must have been tax Something isn't adding up

Aug 20, 2017, 02:0108/20/17
Aug 20, 2017, 02:08(edited)
08/12/14

Light said:

It seems you are right i attacked the lowest 2 missions i had and then i blew 10mil in rss value then i got 18mil in return But this is weird to me.where did my thunderheads go the one time that i did try this It must have been tax Something isn't adding up

I appreciate that you tried it out. I admit my last post had a couple trollish parts to it, so I apologize for that.

When things don't add up on the resource coming out versus in (I believe you're talking specifically about units disappearing, but I'm trying to make this a bit more general for everyone else) it's usually one of two things, something was missed along the way/ something was accounted for wrong, or the ZHGs were in a "non paying" mode (more likely to be your thing). This does happen at times and can be extreme. One person I was working on this with ended up over-banking his max lvl ZHG by just over 6 times before it finally paid out to him. This second reason is one of the main causes of armies being trapped in high lvl ZHGs.

I think I'm missing something when you say "bank going down." I looked at my first post and the closest thing I can see is a reference to the resources coming out being less than going in because of the tax. Perhaps I'm missing something.

As for the article... Hmm. It's possible that Plarium might have moved it into the archives. I'll look into it for you, although my reply might be delayed since I'll be traveling to see the total eclipse. If it turns out to be in the archives, then I'll apologize for sending you on the journey without checking if it had an end.

Aug 20, 2017, 03:5108/20/17
Aug 20, 2017, 03:59(edited)
07/11/16

I apologize too for being such a donkey

I don't know my interest/tax/loan could actually be that high maybe.I just find it weird that Resetting the bank seemed to have worked for me once.I'm going to try a few different things to See if somehow I can reset it I'll get back to you on it if it works or not, But if I can't get it to work I'll just say it was tax and be done.

No you're not missing anything That's exactly what I was referring to What I meant is I've never seen my Bank value go down

thanks for looking into it Hope you find it in the archives I'm really looking forward to reading it

Hope you enjoy the eclipse

Aug 24, 2017, 00:5508/24/17
Aug 24, 2017, 00:57(edited)
08/12/14

LightSword said:

I apologize too for being such a donkey

I don't know my interest/tax/loan could actually be that high maybe.I just find it weird that Resetting the bank seemed to have worked for me once.I'm going to try a few different things to See if somehow I can reset it I'll get back to you on it if it works or not, But if I can't get it to work I'll just say it was tax and be done.

No you're not missing anything That's exactly what I was referring to What I meant is I've never seen my Bank value go down

thanks for looking into it Hope you find it in the archives I'm really looking forward to reading it

Hope you enjoy the eclipse

I found an article with one of DJ's hints (directly linked for your convenience ;D):

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-tutorials/34425_noob-bg-tips/?post=253773

I also recommend reading through that thread in its entirety as there are other snippets that could help you.

If you want to delve deeper into DJ's hints about the trick, most of the hints were given this year (2017), with a few from October to December of 2016. A cursory look through, searching only for "DJmoody," shows quite a few more threads likely containing a few of these hints (focus on those mentioning BG and battlegrounds).

Good luck on your journey!

Aug 24, 2017, 22:5808/24/17
Aug 24, 2017, 22:58(edited)
07/11/16

resetting your bank is a bunch of crap i see that now.IT ONLY appears that you were resetting your bank because the bank payout reflects on what you've hit if you hit a lower level you'll get a lower payout on your bank and it will take more tax, you think you're resetting your banking value but it stays the same and gives you a lesser payout, I experimented and this is what i found

Aug 24, 2017, 23:5908/24/17
08/12/14
LightSword said:

resetting your bank is a bunch of crap i see that now.IT ONLY appears that you were resetting your bank because the bank payout reflects on what you've hit if you hit a lower level you'll get a lower payout on your bank and it will take more tax, you think you're resetting your banking value but it stays the same and gives you a lesser payout, I experimented and this is what i found

Makes more sense, but you shouldn't be taxed more. You're only taxed once (i.e. when you put the resources in). After that, everything that remains should be removable from the ZHGs. You'll just have to break more lower level ZHGs as opposed to a few high lvl ones. If you have the banking value table you should be able to see what ZHG level corresponds to what's left in the bank.
Sep 2, 2017, 21:2509/02/17
07/11/16

zenki said:

is there someone like me ! 

I use "resource production +25%"  and "delivery ration boost lv10 +25%" 

So how much will my "ration" increase? 

only 25%???... 

no they should stack