All Categories

Packs to expensive

Packs to expensive

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Jun 4, 2017, 11:1806/04/17

Packs to expensive

Why can't we have packs at £19.00 , all packs are ether £48.00 or £99.00 , please give us cheaper packs this game is getting so expensive !!!

Where are the packs ? Nothing on offer ! Why ?
Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 4, 2017, 23:5406/04/17
03/25/15
DMarlarky said:

Why can't we have packs at £19.00 , all packs are ether £48.00 or £99.00 , please give us cheaper packs this game is getting so expensive !!!
Sir..The package diamond deals are generated at random..If you do not like the deals you are offered , let them pass...another will come up that you may like better
Jun 5, 2017, 03:3806/05/17
08/12/14

RobertShatz said:

DMarlarky said:

Sir..The package diamond deals are generated at random..If you do not like the deals you are offered , let them pass...another will come up that you may like better

They are not random, well not fully (what they offer is somewhat randomized), but you should have explained this ;)

The package price drops when you do not buy anything for a while. When you do buy something, they will begin to slowly climb again.

It should be noted that there are two spectrums for Plarium's packages that have high value. They can be found for those that very rarely buy packages (once every few months) and those that very frequently buy packages (once you get past the $100+ packs). Unfortunately, this means that moderate coiners (those that buy every month to two months) end up getting below optimal packages.
Jun 5, 2017, 23:5206/05/17
Jun 5, 2017, 23:54(edited)
03/25/15
Sir..I assure you the package deals are generated at random..true, the "random" choices are influenced by your past purchase history..Plarium wants to give you every Option to purchase Diamond at a price you can afford..whether or not you decide to purchase is entirely your choice..but the amount of Diamonds available for that price is at random
Jun 6, 2017, 14:5906/06/17
08/12/14

RobertShatz said:

Sir..I assure you the package deals are generated at random..true, the "random" choices are influenced by your past purchase history..Plarium wants to give you every Option to purchase Diamond at a price you can afford..whether or not you decide to purchase is entirely your choice..but the amount of Diamonds available for that price is at random

It seems you missed a piece of the first sentence of my post, "what they offer is somewhat randomized."

(The following is for further clarity so no one gets confused by your statement ;D)

However, they are not fully randomized at all. In general, those that do not purchase for a while will not be offered deals on packs over $20, with this dropping to packs over $10 if they have not bought for over half a year. Even then, these packs are typically offered 50% or more off. If packs for those above this threshold appear, they are usually heavily on sale to the point of being below this threshold (i.e. a $100 pack at 80% off if the threshold you're at is $20). However, it is also possible to see the largest packs extremely discounted for those that rarely buy (3+ months). For example, I had an offer for the $660 with a 90% discount during one 3 month period, and then 85% off the $330 package during a separate 3 month period. Other players have reported similar deals when they do not buy for a while.

Such discounts are much rarer for moderate coiners, in fact 3-4 times rarer according to collected data. These types of discount and special packs only begin appearing again on the opposite end, for heavy coiners, although their purchase price is higher (usually above $100 with the discount), but can have around $1000 of additional goodies in them.

Also, how many diamonds you get from each pack (packs = daily deals, not the bank set diamond bundles) is actually not that random. If you looks at each pack's value before the discount is applied, 90%+ of the time it is offering at least an amount of diamonds equal to or greater than what a similar diamond pack would offer from the bank. Also, this value tends to be very close or roughly twice as much as what a diamond bundle from the bank would give. The main difference is that other goodies are included. The only time that the diamond value tends to differ significantly from this trend is when the daily deal is a diamond offer.

Jun 7, 2017, 01:0606/07/17
04/16/16
I totaly agree with you on this one, there is no loyalty in spending here, i buy every 2 months when prices are low. prices increase when you buy, this is not random, its profiling. I can only guess that when i reah a higher level  the spending needs to increases just to level up further, its just like playing ths slot machines, no loyalty and all the owner wants is to get you hooked and rape your cash. just doesent seem fair.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Jun 7, 2017, 10:0606/07/17
09/17/15

Randylasvegas said:

I totaly agree with you on this one, there is no loyalty in spending here, i buy every 2 months when prices are low. prices increase when you buy, this is not random, its profiling. I can only guess that when i reah a higher level  the spending needs to increases just to level up further, its just like playing ths slot machines, no loyalty and all the owner wants is to get you hooked and rape your cash. just doesent seem fair.

You know that we have regular Bank Offers and Special Offers with bonuses.

Special Offers appear according to a set algorithm which is constantly evolving. Several departments work on the development of that algorithm, and they rely on analytics data, marketing research and other information they receive through their research channels.

You can receive a cheap or an expensive Special Offer. it is chosen by that algorithm. Unfortunately, it’s not a part of the game our players can affect directly or pass suggestions about some changes to it. If you don’t like your current Offers or find them expensive, you can wait for better ones, and they will appear sooner or later. 

Jun 7, 2017, 21:4906/07/17
Can see all points of view but however I think packs should be  available  at low prices everyday plus it makes people buy more when they cheaper simple maths really :) 
Jun 8, 2017, 08:0706/08/17
09/17/15
DMarlarky said:

Can see all points of view but however I think packs should be  available  at low prices everyday plus it makes people buy more when they cheaper simple maths really :) 
I will pass your feedback to our developers.
Jun 10, 2017, 19:4806/10/17
Is that it then ? We got cheap £19 packs last week and nothing this week , I ended up spending more than normal on them packs so gives us more please as you should at least have a cheap pack in to give some people a chance that can't afford £48 or £99 on a  Fantasy  game !!!
Jun 10, 2017, 23:3606/10/17
03/25/15
Sir..Where I can understand that the package Diamond deals are a bettewr bargain because of the bonus units that you recieve in them...You can still go to the bank tab and select lowwer price offers..True they might.won't offer bonus troops at least you can control the amount that you purchase
Jun 12, 2017, 10:0706/12/17
06/12/17

Haven't been offered a pack under 124.00 dollars in two weeks.

In fact, the pack i have received havent changed in that time either.

If  pack offers are always the same at the same price how can they be random?

You can keep saying wait for a better priced one,  but they dont appear.

Then you have massively diverse price country to country as well as person to person.

I will have to leave this game, because without packs you cannot progress and survive. 

I will not spend over $150.00 per pack just to keep playing.

Drive your market away and just have the farmers and hackers playing.

Jun 19, 2017, 15:2706/19/17
04/06/17
I had to wait 3 weeks to see mine come down to just $25 from $50 and I get one and now I am back up to $50. Now I am back waiting again but I guess that is how they want to do it. If you spend a bunch they will only show you the next level for a good chunk of time. Many , many players complain of the same thing but they seem fixed in their though process and what we call jumping over dollars to make pennies. It is what it is and they are not open to discussions about from my experience with tech support. You just have to wait it out. I am pretty sure this is why you cant transfer or send diamonds or everyone would just open new accounts to get the low price deals and then just send them to themselves.
Jun 20, 2017, 00:2806/20/17
03/25/15

Sir..I am glad you finally got a deal that you like...If you do not like the offers, then wait,,1 always pops up that is to good to pass up

Jun 20, 2017, 22:5206/20/17
03/25/15
Sir...It's easy to get Diamonds..You can purchase, of course. but don't forget that Diamonds is awarded as part of the event rewards also...Just save your Diamonds, They all add up
Jun 20, 2017, 23:0906/20/17
08/12/14

RobertShatz said:

Sir...It's easy to get Diamonds..You can purchase, of course. but don't forget that Diamonds is awarded as part of the event rewards also...Just save your Diamonds, They all add up

This is technically true, but it's not very feasible unless you're in an active combine/ don't mind sacrificing your troops (and not getting them back)/ get lucky during PvP tourneys and get a few good occupation hits (helps to have a big hammer or large amount of defense).

Here's an illustrative point on earning diamonds: There was a calculation done for how long it would take to buy all the upgrade designs you need, while playing in a way that preserved your troop power and not being a coiner. If I recall correctly, the result was a few (3-5) years of work. 
Jun 22, 2017, 12:4906/22/17
02/29/16

Hi :) 

You are right. To get Diamonds in the game, you need to take part in different Tournaments, be a member of an active Combine and just be an active player.

With Diamonds a player can get different Bonuses, Units and other advantages. So, I think it's logical that a player should be active enough to get more Diamonds :)
Aug 7, 2017, 23:2208/07/17
12/03/15

where are the $5 dollar packs? please random them back into circulation ,

thank you.
Aug 8, 2017, 07:5308/08/17
09/17/15

pedrolozada11 said:

where are the $5 dollar packs? please random them back into circulation ,

thank you.

You know that we have regular Bank Offers and Special Offers with bonuses.

Special Offers appear according to a set algorithm which is constantly evolving. Several departments work on the development of that algorithm and they rely on analytics data, marketing research and other information they receive through their research channels.

You can receive a cheap or an expensive Special Offer, and it is chosen by that algorithm. Unfortunately, it’s not a part of the game our players can affect directly or pass suggestions about some changes to it. If you don’t like your current Offers or find them expensive, you can wait for better ones, and they will appear sooner or later. 

Aug 9, 2017, 08:3908/09/17
09/17/15
zenki said:

Buy when you realize that you will need! 

I think it's a good advice. Buying something blindly isn't good ;)
Sep 2, 2017, 04:0509/02/17

There seems to be some confusion between "random" and "randomized" in this discussion.

Random would be if you could get anything, at any price, without correlation between packages and costs, and where past performance has no influence on future results. Just because you can't predict the next offer based upon the past offers does not mean past offers do not influence the future ones.

As noted: Past purchases do affect the price of future offers. For example: in 1 of their games, after 2 weeks without coining, offers start showing up with 95% discount. ($100 offers for $5). If this were truly random, it would not have been predictable, but it was predicted, and happened just when I was told that it would. It also was a pre-set package, not randomized content.

Another thing that might be of some confusion is the RNG. (Random Number Generator.)

There are basically 2 systems employed by RNGs, and any given RNG will use 1 or the other:

1) Number lists

2) Calculated random number

If the first case, which was the original way to do RNGs, there is a list of numbers. Each number in the list is accessed once, then the pointer is moved to the next number in the list. The list is very long, but if you reach the end of it, you restart at the beginning, and run through the list again. Thus "random" events can happen again and again in the same manner. Randomized, but not random.

In case 2, some system is used to seed the calculation, often this is pulled from checking time, then dropping anything larger than a second and using the fractional second of the time to multiply by a variable. Thus the fractional second will be a value between 0 and 1, but never 1. If you want to generate a number between 1 and 100, you multiply this fractional second by 100, then add 1.

Due to the reality of computing, this system isn't entirely random either. For example: in 1 game I was able to repeatedly get an unusual event to occur by timing 2 keyboard entries. While the event was supposed to happen less than 1% of the time, I could get it to happen over 25%. Thus one key element to this randomization being effective is that the user not know when the randomization is occurring so that they can not influence the results.

Rule of thumb then is as follows: If it is happening on a computer, it is randomized, but not random.

As to the OP: the issue was not the content of the package, but the price of the package, and the developers have already stated in several places that they do track your usage and make offers based upon your usage. This is the opposite of random: it is catering to the user. (Or as some have suggested: targeting them with tailored marketing.)

The solution would be for the company to consistently offer packages of the same size as the customer typically buys, and offer a slightly better deal if they choose to upgrade. The work around for the customer currently is to wait until the prices fall back to "acceptable" levels. I put that in quotes because acceptable is a subjective thing which varies by user.

There is also the option to forgo the packs and simply buy diamonds at the price you choose, but you will likely get a lot less "bang for the buck" by going that route.