All Categories

What good are defensive guns?

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Mar 10, 2017, 07:1003/10/17

Just wondering if defensive guns can be helpful.  I have 16 of then but they do not seem to have any effect on hurting troops when they raid.  They kill 1 enemy if 500 attack.  So to stop a raid of 500 troops would require almost 8000 guns. 

Based on that it seems they are not cost effective unless there is some way to make them useful that I do not know about.  Or is there a better defense purchase?  Or are defensive purchases a waste of diamonds?

Has anyone found any use for the\m?

Views
Comments
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Mar 10, 2017, 13:0203/10/17
09/17/15
Mar said:

Just wondering if defensive guns can be helpful.  I have 16 of then but they do not seem to have any effect on hurting troops when they raid.  They kill 1 enemy if 500 attack.  So to stop a raid of 500 troops would require almost 8000 guns. 

Based on that it seems they are not cost effective unless there is some way to make them useful that I do not know about.  Or is there a better defense purchase?  Or are defensive purchases a waste of diamonds?

Guns are more useful for Defensive Bonus that makes your Defensive Units stronger if they're protecting your Base :)
Mar 10, 2017, 14:3703/10/17

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Guns are more useful for Defensive Bonus that makes your Defensive Units stronger if they're protecting your Base :)

I see.  So they are mostly useless on their own.  Can you please explain?

The field manual says passive defenses (non-gun defensive structures) provide a bonus but provide absolutely no information on what this bonus is.  I have not noticed any significant improvement provided by them.

The field manual also does not mention anything about any type of bonus for active defenses (guns).

I would purchase more defenses if I can figure out how to use them but I can not find this information anywhere.

Mar 11, 2017, 01:0303/11/17
Mar 11, 2017, 01:06(edited)
03/25/15
Mar said:

Sir...The base guns/turrents are only good as a base defense "bonus"..Depending on the level of guns the higher your bonus..the kicker here is that you must have defense out ..on your base..the guns add thier specific value to you defense units../It doesn't matter if its only 100 sappers..that would be enough to "activate" your guns/bonuses..You can find how much bonus is contributed by each unit in the construction tab...it will tell you the exact bonus # od each item..also on your game screen in the upper/middle left side there is a green shield..that will tell you the total of all defense structures/bonuses
Mar 16, 2017, 03:2103/16/17
1 minute

Mar said:

.  Or is there a better defense purchase?  Or are defensive purchases a waste of diamonds?

Avoid buying any guns till  you get security lvl 5 until than merc bikes are your best bang for the buck .

Mar 16, 2017, 22:0403/16/17
03/25/15
dragonslayer2usa said:

Mar said:

.  Or is there a better defense purchase?  Or are defensive purchases a waste of diamonds?

Avoid buying any guns till  you get security lvl 5 until than merc bikes are your best bang for the buck .

Sir..I purchase my guns at lvl 1..then upgrade the guns for a few Diamonds at a time as my PS Contract is negotiated...It really would be your preference, but personnally I prefer spending a few Diamonds as I can afford them as I go thru the game...Thats just an option that is available to everyone

Mar 16, 2017, 23:3803/16/17
1 minute

doing it that way will cost you way more diamonds btw

Mar 17, 2017, 10:4803/17/17
09/17/15
dragonslayer2usa said:

And what is the best way in your opinion?
Mar 18, 2017, 18:3603/18/17
04/21/14

Mar said:

it is a "+ defensive bonus" that adds to the defensive power of the troops who defend the Command HQ. 
The greater the number of defensive structures present in a base, the greater the "+ defense bonus" applied to the troops present (out of the bunker)
If there are no troops to defend a base, there nothing to which to apply the "+ defensive bonus".

This "+ defensive bonus" acquires great importance to very advanced players, as a correct (very strong) combination of defense troops (out of bunker) and defensive structures can get to make nearly useless an attack with tactical missiles by an opponent.

Mar 20, 2017, 22:5103/20/17
1 minute

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

dragonslayer2usa said:

And what is the best way in your opinion?

Getting lvl 5 in ps before buying guns and walls and only when on sale .

until than buy merc bikes you can't have to many  and they do shoot back unlike the guns lol.

(I will point out this is the first war game I played that the guns don't work and will kill nothing very disappointing )
May 28, 2017, 14:0405/28/17
05/24/17
dragonslayer2usa said:

Mar said:

merc bikes are your best bang for the buck .

I can't seem to find them.
May 28, 2017, 22:4905/28/17
03/25/15
jharkey said:

dragonslayer2usa said:

Mar said:

merc bikes are your best bang for the buck .

I can't seem to find them.
Sir..Look under the Construction Tab located on the right of you screen..then look under the Improvement tab...There you will find Mercenary kits..or Merc bikes as some refer to them
May 29, 2017, 01:0805/29/17
05/24/17

RobertShatz said:

Mercenary kits..or Merc bikes as some refer to them

Thanks, I saw the Mercenary kits and bought a few but I am not sure how the Merc bikes benefit my defenses.(+6 bonus points for 200 diamonds) The JDAN-2 Loadout has +35 for 350 and the Mobile Jammer is +20 for 200, any clarification would be greatly appreciated.  

May 29, 2017, 11:2305/29/17
09/17/15
jharkey said:

RobertShatz said:

Thanks, I saw the Mercenary kits and bought a few but I am not sure how the Merc bikes benefit my defenses.(+6 bonus points for 200 diamonds) The JDAN-2 Loadout has +35 for 350 and the Mobile Jammer is +20 for 200, any clarification would be greatly appreciated.  

Each 100 points increase your Unit Defense by 1%. But it works only for Units garrisoned in your Base.
May 29, 2017, 15:3605/29/17
08/12/14

jharkey said:

RobertShatz said:

If you're looking to increases your base defense merc kits are one of the least efficient ways to do it. Defensive guns are by far superior, although they can be destroyed by attacking parties causing a reduction in base defense. If you don't like the loss of base defense part, you can go with defensive towers, which are only ever so slightly less efficient than guns, but still far superior to merc kits.

Now to address the improvements part. Yes, those have a better ratio than the merc kits. However, I would say your goal for improvements depends on how stacked you want your base to be at the end. If you are looking to max your base defense as much as possible, what becomes important is not base defense per diamond, but base defense per area (space in your base it takes up). I know the correct choice for Stormfall, but I have not reached that point for soldiers, as I am still working on adding the last few pieces to my walls. Perhaps someone else can list the best one for you. Otherwise you will probably have to investigate this yourself, and it will take a decent amount of time.

If you are interested in investing this time here is the method to use: click on an improvement and then drag it next to something you can use as a size reference (usually anything in your base). Determine length and width of improvement by moving it up/down, side-to-side one square at a time, which gives it's area. Repeat for other improvements as necessary (you eventually get a feel for it and start eliminating ones without having to go through all the steps).