How do we change our avatar picture?

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Aug 23, 2018, 17:0208/23/18
05/24/16

Hi all,

this is a "How to" question and mainly aimed at the game owners-developers, not at the user's community

How do we change our avatar to SOMETHING ELSE that's not on the list of avatars pictures provided by the forum?

I know, I assume most of us, forum users know how to change our avatar picture as it is now, but from what I see we can only change to whatever avatars pictures are provided by the forum admin

my question is how can we use our own custom avatar picture - something else, that's NOT included in the library of pictures provided already, something that we ourselves we custom for our own use, based on our own preferences and the message we'd like to send using an avatar picture

usually in any and all respectable forums, we can either upload a picture as we need, or we can provide a link to an offsite hosting provider that is storing our database of pictures, either way, usually in any respectable forum, there is a way for us, users to use a custom picture in case we need to do so

if there is a way to do so in our forum here too, I can't find it, hence this post of mine about asking how to do it

if there is no way to do it now, please provide us with the means to do it, allow us to express ourselves, as limiting us to only what's "approved" by the forum admins are limiting our freedom of expression and this doesn't look good for a respectable company 

yes, I know and I fully agree some decency limits must be in place, so some kind of review and/or approval by the moderators is normal, is expected, but nonetheless, give us the chance to use whatever picture we want or like to use, not just whatever you provide - and preapprove 

altho' I fully understand and agree we have to follow some basic standards, we don't live in a censorship society, as such, please provide us with a way to use our own avatar pictures, if those will meet the minimum standards set by the forum admins - I'm not opposed to the idea of pending for review and manual approval by moderators, before fully using it, but allow us somehow, some way to use our own avatar pictures

thank you

p.s. 

I didn't know, nor found any other section of this forum to post my question, so I posted it here

if this is the wrong section for my question, any moderator can move it to the right section of the forum, I just didn't know where else to ask my question and raise awareness about this

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 24, 2018, 00:0608/24/18
Aug 24, 2018, 00:07(edited)
03/25/15

Commander Click on the word "Profile" in the upper right  side of game header bar...Another window will appear and there you can clock on "Edit "..Once you have clicked on Edit , you will see on you Avatar the optrion to change..Just follow the leads

Aug 24, 2018, 18:5108/24/18
05/24/16

RobertShatz said:

Commander Click on the word "Profile" in the upper right  side of game header bar...Another window will appear and there you can clock on "Edit "..Once you have clicked on Edit , you will see on you Avatar the optrion to change..Just follow the leads

Thank you, Robert, 

I know you're trying to help

I did just that exactly, more than once and as I've described above, it won't allow me to add my own custom avatar picture

it will open a pop-up window with the list of games of Plarium and of avatars pictures from all those games - hence we can choose ONLY from that list

this is NOT what I am inquiring about, 

what I'm asking is how can we use our own custom-made avatar picture? 

we should be able to upload and/or insert a link to use our own avatar picture - if there is a way to do that, I can't find it, is not showing, so if there is a way, please tell me to step by step how to do that

I can follow instructions, so if you or anyone else can tell me how to do it, I will gladly follow your instructions

sadly, as I see it now, there is no way to add our own custom avatar pictures, or if there is a way, I can't find it.. now, knowing already I am no expert, I assume it must be a way, but I am not able to find it, thus my post here asking for help on "how to".

once again, I hate to repeat myself, but I am not talking about adding an avatar picture of what is provided - aka preapproved - by the forum admin/s I am talking about adding our own custom-made avatar pictures... how can we do that..??..

as such, this issues is not solved, please consider this still open until we get a proper answer... 

Aug 24, 2018, 22:5608/24/18
03/25/15
Commander,,I have never tried to upload a pic  to change to Avatar..Hopefully someone that has can tell us how to do it, but I am doubting that the Plarium Site will allow us to use our own Avatars...Will be interesting to find out..Sorry Commander..I wish I knew the answe to your Question..Good luck Sir
Aug 25, 2018, 07:1608/25/18
Aug 25, 2018, 07:18(edited)
06/13/15

Commander, 

I think there is a way to do it. I think it only works for players on the FB platform. When the in-game quest appears in the game tutorial : "register on the forum", the facebook profile picture is sent directly to the forum. That's why you can see forum users with a custom image.

Once you are registered you can only change it with the proposed images.

Regarding the addition of a feature to customize the image on the forum, we will pass this suggestion.