All Categories

What strategy is there in this game, anyways?

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Apr 17, 2018, 19:5504/17/18

I love this game a lot, but I'm not sure if I'd call it a strategy game. The most strategy there is is sending as many troops as possible to a location and hoping for the best. Am I missing anything? Is there more to combat? Or is it pretty much spot-on? I really hope I can be proved wrong.
Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 24, 2018, 20:2604/24/18
02/29/16

Commanders, I'm very surprised with this topic, frankly speaking :)

This game is one of the most hardcore strategies I ever played. And as for ZHG Locations, they are all about resources. To get maximum profit you need to count every single Unit sent to ZHG Locations in resources. Otherwise, you will just waste your troops in ZHG. 

Apr 25, 2018, 17:1204/25/18
12/15/15

dergerman said:

I love this game a lot, but I'm not sure if I'd call it a strategy game. The most strategy there is is sending as many troops as possible to a location and hoping for the best. Am I missing anything? Is there more to combat? Or is it pretty much spot-on? I really hope I can be proved wrong.

There is definitely strategy involved. Some players try to use brute force to stay ahead. That will only work until your enemies figure out how to take advantage of defense bonuses and such. Your strategy can involve not only the defense bonus, but how you use your armory, med lab, and other boosts. Your strategy will also vary depending on if you are an offensive or defensive player. 

After the game mechanics, there is also the personal aspect of the game. Many combines use deception, espionage, and even PR tactics to achieve their goals. 
Jul 5, 2018, 02:5607/05/18
01/17/15
There is definitely more to it than pulling the trigger friend.