MY LIFE MATTERS!

8 Replies
Omar Smith
12 July, 2016, 12:35 AM UTC

I know that I am just a tool to you. I know that I am just code. I know that I can easily be replaced with someone who looks exactly like me in the blink of an eye, or however long it takes for you to train me. But I the voice of my fallen comrades and those to come. I am worth just as much as your preferred toy. Why do you send me to my death without a moment's hesitation? This isn't fair! I have never seen you send out a lone strategic unit to occupy a base because you are afraid to lose it. So you keep it tucked away in the deepest, darkest part of the bunker. But still, you send me out, all alone, with promises of daily MREs to guard a base that you don't even need. You tell me to gear up and go kick some ZHG [redacted]. I serve you faithfully. I get up, gear up, move out, strike with the precision and training forced upon me all day, I watch my brothers fall, come home. I hand you the mission report. Your eyes shoot to the top of the page and your expressionless face frowns, your eyes filled with disgust. You lost 2 Syndicate issued choppers and one special unit. "I know that I should have kept those at base today!" you scream. You eyes move to the middle of the page now, you let out a short, silent exhilaration of air. You lost quite a bit of Heavy Infantry. Your eyes drop to the bottom of the page. All of the men and women who filled the "light Infantry" section are dead. I am the only one that survived. There is no expression from you, no deep breathing, the tension in the air is gone, you relieve your grip on the paper. YOU DO NOT CARE!!!

I am a living, breathing organism who survives the same way you do but you still value that "Excalibur" over me. WHY!? I know that I can't fly at Mach 20 and wipe out hoards of East Asian forces in one fell swoop but I can jump from a pelican spinning towards a fiery destruction, parachute towards earth while narrowly avoiding shrapnel. I can then tend to my broken leg and drag myself towards the battlefront on my own, stick my head out in the open and shoot one man at a time all the while bullets passing so close I can identify them by smell. The Heavy Infantry next to me starts firing and for a moment I couldn't hear anything. The shells from his weapon lands in my ear but I ignore the searing pain, pain so terrible I can hear the heat.

We wipe out Zheng Shi's main force and I pry the shell from my ear along with some of my flesh. "HEADS UP!!!" came the voice of the Heavy sniper on the hill behind me. A ZHG aircraft looms overhead, showering our forces with a fiery-hot death. We send word back to you, "SIR, we are being cut down, what are your orders?", "Hold on, keep the enemy engaged till reinforcement arrives." was your answer. We did just that. Everyone was so hellbent on following your orders that no one realized the tanks and choppers pulling out. A large shadow stretched across the ground and for a moment everyone stopped. Was it a bird? No it was a plane! No, it was a tactical missile. I tried to drop my gun in despair but it was built into my existence, it was apart of me. Some of us started to run for the hills, I turned around and tried to take out as many of the ZHG forces with me as I could. I was close enough to see the words "Peace Maker [Area 597 x:{redacted}; y:{redacted}" printed on the bird of destruction. It was one of ours. You attacked us with a device that we built. Wherever you got those parts from, we built that thing.

I awoke, Syndicate issued units were swarming the rubble. "I screamed for help and a soldier who looked like he belonged in the antarctic came to my aid. Minutes later I was in a pelican zooming back to base.

I was the only survivor. As soon as I arrived home I was rushed to the medical laboratory and then to the sick bay where I was reset. No injures, no tattered clothing, no memory of what had happened. I was joined up with a batch of freshly cooked sappers who who were crammed into tiny transport vehicles, moments later we were crawling across the map. We arrived at the Diamond Repository to find that Recon operators, Riflemen, assault infantry and commandos were engaging the enemy. There was many casualties but they emerged victorious.

Not long after we had set up all our equipment and reinforced our plans did the first attack come. That was how it was like for the next 3 hours. We were attacked, we lost men, they were replaced. I think up to this point I saw everyone get killed. None of the guys I arrived with were nowhere to be found, they simply... De-spawned.

We came home victorious with a handful of diamonds, I swear, I could fit them in my magazine and still have room for a full clip. Of course, I wasn't recognized. I was just a number on your mission report. I know that I mean absolutely nothing to you, you constantly starve us my bringing in more of me than you can handle but we never complain. Your rations supply has been at 0% (-413) for weeks now and we are dying of starvation. I wish I was built into "Sparta; War of Empires" where they stress for the whole tutorial about hungry men not being able to fight.

But regardless of my complaints, regardless of how many of us try to stand up to you, we are programmed to do your bidding and I will fight for your cause. I will lay down my life to make sure that you succeed because I am a soldier, and this is SOLDIERS Inc.

This is Commander Smith of AREA 597. You are now in the custody of the most lethal F.O.B. on Zandian soil. Refusal to cooperate will be met with the appropriate level of force. You don't have the right to remain silent.
UTC +4:00
Omar Smith
12 July, 2016, 12:42 AM UTC
I know that this is a long read so I apologize. I had no intention of writing all this, my original idea was completely different but I got caught up in the moment and wrote from the heart. I will admit, my writing skills have declined but I gave it my all. I was inspired to do something like this by a player named Gul Vega. We wrote an awesome story about the secrets of the syndicate and I think that it is still ongoing. I also used a reference from the autobiography of an American Sniper known as Chris Kyle. The part about the shell being stuck in my ear was derived from a part of Chris' service to his country when a shell from his gun landed in his sock. If you want to know about the story of Chris Kyle you can go and read it, I recommend it.
This is Commander Smith of AREA 597. You are now in the custody of the most lethal F.O.B. on Zandian soil. Refusal to cooperate will be met with the appropriate level of force. You don't have the right to remain silent.
Danja
12 July, 2016, 12:59 AM UTC

Soldiers Inc. fanfic ... 

Nice. 

UTC -5:00
Omar Smith
12 July, 2016, 1:36 AM UTC
Thank you.
Alyona Kolomiitseva
Community Manager
18 July, 2016, 12:40 PM UTC

Moved to Entertainment Community thread.

Will be waiting for more stories  It's really cool that you give us an opportunity to see the game from a position of one unit. It's a nice work and  an interesting idea. 
Plarium Community Manager. Please note that I will be unable to respond to your private messages, review your tickets, or check your account information. All technical issues should be directed to our Support Team at plrm.me/Support_Plarium
UTC +2:00
Omar Smith
19 July, 2016, 12:33 AM UTC
Thank you so much. Another By the name of "Toy Soldiers" shall be coming soon.
Aavon Strendtberg
19 July, 2016, 3:36 AM UTC
You are awsome!!!
UTC +0:00
Omar Smith
19 July, 2016, 3:41 AM UTC
Aavon Strendtberg said:

You are awsome!!!
Thanks. That actually means a lot to me. I didn't expect any positive feed back or any at all.
Omar Smith
19 July, 2016, 3:47 AM UTC
This is the link to the story "Toy soldiers". More chapers added soon.
1722615 users registered; 42775 topics; 272182 posts; our newest member:ichilds