All Categories

Wrong Tournament Rewards

How to join our moderation team?

Wrong Tournament Rewards

Dear Players,

This is to address the situation with the wrong rewards in one of the tournaments. The numbers were incorrectly stated from the very start, and we very much apologize for this confusion. We had to revert the numbers to the intended state because leaving them as they were would have had a considerable impact on the game balance.

However, we understand that it was a disappointing mistake on our side that’s why we’ve sent out a compensation package to EVERY PLAYER to make up for this situation.

Thank you for being understanding as it was just a human factor, and let’s not let this mishap spoil the most wonderful time of the year. Happy Holidays! 🎄

Views
Comments
Dec 28, 2021, 12:5812/28/21
Dec 28, 2021, 14:2512/28/21
Dec 29, 2021, 10:13(edited)
03/10/17

No bueno! Read what I said in the topic started by Natascha. The gift package simply does not cut it, it does not cover the losses I sustained trying to get my combine up in the rankings. I did that to the benefit of the lower levels as they never stand a chance to pick up a nice reward while at the same time being the punching bag of the whole server. No one attacks big hitters and there is a logic that no one does that. This results in the lower levels being hit time and time again. A nice diamond reward would help them massively forward, would help them stay in the game which makes gameplay all around a better experience. If I would have known the reward would have been 10K, I would not go as hard at it, not even close. 

And here you are, changing rewards while a tournament is active. Unacceptable, totally unacceptable. You would have shown character by admitting the rewards were a mistake, but leaving them as they were and thus owning up to your mistake. Your excuse of disturbance of balance of the game is not true, the only balance you think that would be disturbed is your bank accounts. I would advise you to reverse the rewards to what they were, cause the reputation you created by showing such disrespect to those who feed you and your families is going far and wide. 

Instead of paying Youtube "influencers" to promote your game "Raid: Shadow legends" (rather annoying promotions if I may add), you could and should consider the community of your games to have a shot at some nice rewards and not reverse them after people have gone hard at the tournament and sustained heavy losses to get to a certain place. STOP INSULTING US!

[Edited] Dear Player, your post violated our Forum Rules & Guidelines (1.2), so your message was edited a bit. Please make sure to follow the forum rules in future. This time it's just a warning. More serious measures might be taken in future. Thank you for your understanding! 

Dec 28, 2021, 14:5712/28/21
03/03/15

I can only say that this is a fraud at the highest level, we will check whether we can take legal action against Plarium. Cheat those people from Plarium. We will announce it in all forums to put an end to these scammers.

Dec 28, 2021, 15:0312/28/21
Dec 29, 2021, 10:15(edited)
01/07/15

Seriously Plairum?!? 

Yes, mistakes happen and it was a really amazing reward but it's not like we don't line your pockets enough anyway over the years.

You should have just left it as it was rather than putting the amount down to such pathetic totals. It's not even real money - diamonds are what we spend in the game! So it would get spent in-game anyway on troops, revives, buildings or whatever. Bigger armies mean more deaths and troop kills and more money for you.

This is a terrible mistake from you and you are only compounding it by your subsequent actions. Bad following bad and an insult of a gift. I hope you do the right thing and reinstate the previous rewards and perhaps run the tournament a second time to go some way to making amends.

Talk about hating on your players!

[Edited] Dear Player, your post violated our Forum Rules & Guidelines (1.2), so your message was edited a bit. Please make sure to follow the forum rules in future. This time it's just a warning. More serious measures might be taken in future. Thank you for your understanding! 

Dec 28, 2021, 15:3912/28/21
Dec 29, 2021, 10:17(edited)
04/05/15

Pretty uncool. They are just virtual diamonds, it is sad that you can't let the prize be that big especially for the end of the year. 

Some members have already put much into the tournament thinking the reward would be great. then you offer the bad penitence package, which just does not cut it. I did not take it.

This is almost like a bait and switch, with loyal, paying players/members get the duped, and thrown a small bone.

Looks like Big and small players lose again, but like in Vegas, the house wins.

Dec 28, 2021, 20:5012/28/21
01/23/17

This is incredibly DECEITFUL and SHAMEFUL!  As others have stated, your little stunt caused (at least!) hundreds of players that were jamming on the event - to LOSE potentially great amounts of time, resources and MONEY.  Everyone knows that this game - any game - has "costs" to play, whether you occassionally shell out some cash for hard to get boosters - or whether your "investment" is reflected in YEARS of hard earned troop growth and strength. An event like this causes players to dig deep in an effort to move the team forward - with the expectation that a strong showing will result in rewards that help to rebuild.  Whether accidental or not, your pathetic "penitence" gift, combined with dropping the potential reward to a mere fraction of what it was - basically STOLE resources from all of us.

GROW UP PLARIUM and learn to treat your players with a bit of respect and appreciation!

Dec 29, 2021, 00:5712/29/21
10/20/19

Diamonds aren't real money. The real money is that we spend acquiring diamonds.

We have spent a lot of resources, troops  defensive and offensive bonus,  XP bonus, etc., carrying out operations to maximize our alliance XP. 

And you simply switched the rewards to that misery???

Dec 29, 2021, 06:2412/29/21
11/11/17

Plarium you are in breach of your own terms and conditions here, It clearly states that these changes will come into affect within 5 days of posting, Now you made the changes first without posting.

http://prntscr.com/252ajam

Dec 29, 2021, 06:4512/29/21
Dec 29, 2021, 06:49(edited)
03/10/17

All in all Plarium, you screwed up massively. This whole ordeal cost me a lot of units. As suggested in the other thread, if you do not want to reinstate the rewards to those you announced upon start of the tournament, let people revive all units they have in their sickbays for free. 

On monday 12:00 GMT I had 225K diamonds, which I used to revive Cobra units at 75%. In order to get good XP points, I basically played all I had revived away. We all know that the nature of Cobra locations is such that payouts NEVER cover the losses sustained in playing Cobra. I don't mean I should gain, but at least a break even would be fair. This is yet another scam/scheme to rip us off. Those 225K diamonds represent a financial value of  $300 and that is not something to sneeze at. 

So you have really two choices left: Reinstate the original rewards or let people revive their entire sickbays for free. The "gift" you gave is a pure insult and a way too easy way out of YOUR mistake which cost US dearly. 

I don't know who is pulling the strings in this case (Plarium in Ukraine/Israel/Russia/USA or Aristocrat Leisure ltd in Australia), but it might be a possibility we as a community dump a lot of complaints in the mailbox of Aristocrat Leisure in case you don't consider to reimburse the community appropriately. 

Here's a link for those who want to go the extra mile and file an official complaint for malpractice on behalf of Plarium with the mother company of Plarium: https://www.aristocrat.com/contact-us/

Dec 29, 2021, 08:2412/29/21
11/11/17

Wrong Tournament Rewards

Dear Players,

This is to address the situation with the wrong rewards in one of the tournaments. The numbers were incorrectly stated from the very start, and we very much apologize for this confusion. We had to revert the numbers to the intended state because leaving them as they were would have had a considerable impact on the game balance.

However, we understand that it was a disappointing mistake on our side that’s why we’ve sent out a compensation package to EVERY PLAYER to make up for this situation.

Thank you for being understanding as it was just a human factor, and let’s not let this mishap spoil the most wonderful time of the year. Happy Holidays! 🎄 

My reply : They dont mind the game balance changing when people spend $1000's 

AlinaCommunity Manager
Dec 29, 2021, 10:1512/29/21
05/21/19
Chucky

No bueno! Read what I said in the topic started by Natascha. The gift package simply does not cut it, it does not cover the losses I sustained trying to get my combine up in the rankings. I did that to the benefit of the lower levels as they never stand a chance to pick up a nice reward while at the same time being the punching bag of the whole server. No one attacks big hitters and there is a logic that no one does that. This results in the lower levels being hit time and time again. A nice diamond reward would help them massively forward, would help them stay in the game which makes gameplay all around a better experience. If I would have known the reward would have been 10K, I would not go as hard at it, not even close. 

And here you are, changing rewards while a tournament is active. Unacceptable, totally unacceptable. You would have shown character by admitting the rewards were a mistake, but leaving them as they were and thus owning up to your mistake. Your excuse of disturbance of balance of the game is not true, the only balance you think that would be disturbed is your bank accounts. I would advise you to reverse the rewards to what they were, cause the reputation you created by showing such disrespect to those who feed you and your families is going far and wide. 

Instead of paying Youtube "influencers" to promote your game "Raid: Shadow legends" (rather annoying promotions if I may add), you could and should consider the community of your games to have a shot at some nice rewards and not reverse them after people have gone hard at the tournament and sustained heavy losses to get to a certain place. STOP INSULTING US!

I'm afraid the compensation package wasn't supposed to cover the losses. It was supposed to be an extra gift to show that we're sorry for this mistake. Of course, we've never meant to insult anyone. But things happen, Commander. We'll do everything possible to avoid it in future. 

AlinaCommunity Manager
Dec 29, 2021, 10:1712/29/21
05/21/19
Onefatmonkey

Seriously Plairum?!? 

Yes, mistakes happen and it was a really amazing reward but it's not like we don't line your pockets enough anyway over the years.

You should have just left it as it was rather than putting the amount down to such pathetic totals. It's not even real money - diamonds are what we spend in the game! So it would get spent in-game anyway on troops, revives, buildings or whatever. Bigger armies mean more deaths and troop kills and more money for you.

This is a terrible mistake from you and you are only compounding it by your subsequent actions. Bad following bad and an insult of a gift. I hope you do the right thing and reinstate the previous rewards and perhaps run the tournament a second time to go some way to making amends.

Talk about hating on your players!

Archon, leaving the reward as it was would have had a considerable impact on the game balance. We cannot risk it. 

AlinaCommunity Manager
Dec 29, 2021, 10:1912/29/21
05/21/19
Masta Blasta

Pretty uncool. They are just virtual diamonds, it is sad that you can't let the prize be that big especially for the end of the year. 

Some members have already put much into the tournament thinking the reward would be great. then you offer the bad penitence package, which just does not cut it. I did not take it.

This is almost like a bait and switch, with loyal, paying players/members get the duped, and thrown a small bone.

Looks like Big and small players lose again, but like in Vegas, the house wins.

Indeed, virtual Diamonds that can totally ruin the game balance. This is more serious than it seems, Archon. We did what we were supposed to do to save the game. 

AlinaCommunity Manager
Dec 29, 2021, 10:2312/29/21
05/21/19
Chucky

All in all Plarium, you screwed up massively. This whole ordeal cost me a lot of units. As suggested in the other thread, if you do not want to reinstate the rewards to those you announced upon start of the tournament, let people revive all units they have in their sickbays for free. 

On monday 12:00 GMT I had 225K diamonds, which I used to revive Cobra units at 75%. In order to get good XP points, I basically played all I had revived away. We all know that the nature of Cobra locations is such that payouts NEVER cover the losses sustained in playing Cobra. I don't mean I should gain, but at least a break even would be fair. This is yet another scam/scheme to rip us off. Those 225K diamonds represent a financial value of  $300 and that is not something to sneeze at. 

So you have really two choices left: Reinstate the original rewards or let people revive their entire sickbays for free. The "gift" you gave is a pure insult and a way too easy way out of YOUR mistake which cost US dearly. 

I don't know who is pulling the strings in this case (Plarium in Ukraine/Israel/Russia/USA or Aristocrat Leisure ltd in Australia), but it might be a possibility we as a community dump a lot of complaints in the mailbox of Aristocrat Leisure in case you don't consider to reimburse the community appropriately. 

Here's a link for those who want to go the extra mile and file an official complaint for malpractice on behalf of Plarium with the mother company of Plarium: https://www.aristocrat.com/contact-us/

Thanks for your constructive comment, Commander. Just one question here - was the reward the only thing that made you participate in the tournament? Or have you participated in it before when the rewards were different? I understand that a better reward is always welcome. But the troops would have been lost anyway, right? 

Dec 29, 2021, 10:5212/29/21
03/10/17
Alina

Thanks for your constructive comment, Commander. Just one question here - was the reward the only thing that made you participate in the tournament? Or have you participated in it before when the rewards were different? I understand that a better reward is always welcome. But the troops would have been lost anyway, right? 

I went harder at it this time, way harder. Not for myself, as explained elsewhere, but to be of assistance for the lower levels in my combine. These lower levels never get a chance to pick up nice rewards in the order of 150K diamonds as they always get snatched away by the big hitters. So much for a balance in the game, the balance is already gone for a long time. I am a level 142 and can get nice rewards any time I desire, however I will not battle to no end if I see a lower level ahead of me. I understand all too well that if we, the higher levels, keep crushing the lower levels thus getting in the way of advancement of lower levels, the game dies. In regular solo tournaments, with high diamond rewards, I can't do a thing for the lower level members. Now I had an opportunity and if the reward would have remained, I would have been fine losing out on some diamonds. Plarium changing the rewards of an active tournament gives nothing significant to the lower levels and leaves me with a huge deficit. So a lose/lose situation and that is not acceptable. Sorry and that petty gift aren't even a drop in an ocean. My opinion on reinstating the original rewards or giving everyone a free revive of entire sickbay remains. I am absolutely disgusted by the theft Plarium tries to excuse themselves for. Especially because the same happened across the different games. Tournaments were started across the games with the same type of reward at the same time, but the corrections did not happen at the same time. Bad bad practice and again, the petty gift and a sorry are not cutting it. Plarium kicked such a huge dent in their reputation that if Plarium was a car, it would be considered totalled.

Your excuse that it would bring imbalance is the biggest horseshit ever told on this forum. In November we had an individual who blew $40,000 worth of units in a couple weeks by doing senseless attacks. Not a chance he won those, not a chance he trained those. He invested an insane amount of money into the game. Why isn't there a spending cap in order to maintain balance? Of course, I understand, it is in the benefit of Plarium, so screw those who fall victim to imbalance brought to the server(s) by absurd spending of a few individuals. Sorry, but if you open a door and start speaking about imbalance, that door can be passed in both directions. Ignoring the absurd spending some players do and disregarding that as bringing imbalance to the game while Plarium's own mistake all of a sudden causes imbalance makes no sense whatsoever. Across your games all players say the same and demand the same, reverse the rewards or let people revive sustained losses since last monday. Plarium needs to own this mistake with dignity and not let the communities pay for it. 

Dec 29, 2021, 11:2512/29/21
11/11/17

I have just read through the terms of using Plarium, this is what  i found very interesting, My guess is that Plarium headquarters are still in Israel so they are bound by "The Israeli Consumer Protection Law ("CPL") and Consumer Protection Regulations ("CPR")"  

i

i

According to israel laws, they are not aloud to mislead there customers. WELL WE WAS MISLEAD FROM THE START OF THE COMPITITION, The compitition started a lot of people spent money for the competition to do the best for there team. Then Plarium change the rewards to a lower reward after 24 hours it started that we was playing for the 6 day comp. Now this a a breach of there own LAW. THEY MISLEAD EVERYONE 100%.We look forward to Plariums Offical reply. 

Dec 29, 2021, 11:4812/29/21
11/11/17
Alina

Indeed, virtual Diamonds that can totally ruin the game balance. This is more serious than it seems, Archon. We did what we were supposed to do to save the game. 

So if everyone was to spend money in the winning team of the compitition so they bought 150,000 diamonds, would you stop us buying diamonds that you say" can totally ruin the game balance"

I will answer that for you. The Answer would be "NO". You misled us full stop. Everyone was playing for the 150,000 diamonds reward, but after 24 hours you changed the rewards to 10,000 diamonds. This is totaly misleading your consumers.

Dec 29, 2021, 12:2912/29/21
09/07/16

bonjour,

plarium vous n'etes vraiment pas serieux sur ce coup,un vrai scandale ,vous vous permettez de changer les regles 24h aprés le debut du tournoi,de quel droit?on peut ce poser certaines questions sur ( l'equilibre du jeu).je souhaite  un gros courage a toutes et tous les joueuses et joueurs et de passer de trés bonne fetes,malheureusement ce n'est pas pour vous plarium.  

Dec 29, 2021, 16:2012/29/21
01/07/15
Alina

Archon, leaving the reward as it was would have had a considerable impact on the game balance. We cannot risk it. 

@Eline*

Lol. So you can give me a warning for swearing but can't do anything to fix the ongoing and serious mistakes of Plarium? Riiight. At least your priorities are clear - and it's not the players/people who spend time and money with you.

Further proof is that you can't even be bothered to give me the courtesy of a personal reply. Instead, you ignore what I said, cut and paste a response and have not even addressed it correctly - I am not 'Archon'. Poor show again Plarium and further disdain for players.

In none of your responses have you explained how and why YOUR error would have so negatively impacted the game. So I ask you clearly, explain how not paying the advertised rewards saves the game? How would paying the advertised rewards have destroyed the game like you say? Don't just keep stating it like it is a fact without explanation.

Plarium - stop doubling down. Own your mistake, hold your hands up, say sorry and work to put it right.

As others have said, we are not stupid - we know everything is geared to making you money. If you wanted a better experience for players you would re-address the balance between coiners and those who can afford to spend a lot or nothing at all.

How did players having 10,000 or 100,000 garuda cobra units improve the game for most players? Stop taking us for fools. Yes, it is our choice to play or not to play. Yes, the T&Cs mean you can change things whenever you and we just have to suck it up. But it is awful customer service and morally questionable what you have done with the tournament rewards. It feels like a bait and switch, fraudulent and deceitful.

Far from putting things right you are only compounding the error and upsetting/annoying many players across four games. Without players you don't exist. I hope people en masse do what they say and stop spending money with you. Your bottom line is the only thing you care about and I hope this hits you where it hurts.

Your Twitter bio states "Plarium Global Ltd. is dedicated to creating the best mobile and social experience for hardcore and casual gamers worldwide." You're having a laugh aren't you! You don't care about casual gamers - never have, it's about money. And these actions say you don't care about hardcore gamers either.

*Yes I know this is not your screename but neither am I Archon. Muppet.

Dec 29, 2021, 16:2512/29/21
Dec 30, 2021, 21:37(edited)
04/12/17
Alina

Across every platform that Plarium have Soldiers Ink. / Sparta ect. You will always have people who spend a shed load of money in these games to buy virtual Diamonds . Yes people play this game for free but you pay money to win. There are many of us with Millions of diamonds already but the answer you gave the whole world makes no sence what so ever, "We did what we were supposed to do to save the game. " . I am not having a dig at you persanaly Alina but this is way over your head to deal with this. You need to contact someone in Plarium or the Aristocrat team before there money starts to reduce drastically and Plarium start to get bad press on social media ect.

Kind Regards

Fire

Dec 29, 2021, 17:0012/29/21
Dec 29, 2021, 17:09(edited)
04/12/17
Onefatmonkey

@Eline*

Lol. So you can give me a warning for swearing but can't do anything to fix the ongoing and serious mistakes of Plarium? Riiight. At least your priorities are clear - and it's not the players/people who spend time and money with you.

Further proof is that you can't even be bothered to give me the courtesy of a personal reply. Instead, you ignore what I said, cut and paste a response and have not even addressed it correctly - I am not 'Archon'. Poor show again Plarium and further disdain for players.

In none of your responses have you explained how and why YOUR error would have so negatively impacted the game. So I ask you clearly, explain how not paying the advertised rewards saves the game? How would paying the advertised rewards have destroyed the game like you say? Don't just keep stating it like it is a fact without explanation.

Plarium - stop doubling down. Own your mistake, hold your hands up, say sorry and work to put it right.

As others have said, we are not stupid - we know everything is geared to making you money. If you wanted a better experience for players you would re-address the balance between coiners and those who can afford to spend a lot or nothing at all.

How did players having 10,000 or 100,000 garuda cobra units improve the game for most players? Stop taking us for fools. Yes, it is our choice to play or not to play. Yes, the T&Cs mean you can change things whenever you and we just have to suck it up. But it is awful customer service and morally questionable what you have done with the tournament rewards. It feels like a bait and switch, fraudulent and deceitful.

Far from putting things right you are only compounding the error and upsetting/annoying many players across four games. Without players you don't exist. I hope people en masse do what they say and stop spending money with you. Your bottom line is the only thing you care about and I hope this hits you where it hurts.

Your Twitter bio states "Plarium Global Ltd. is dedicated to creating the best mobile and social experience for hardcore and casual gamers worldwide." You're having a laugh aren't you! You don't care about casual gamers - never have, it's about money. And these actions say you don't care about hardcore gamers either.

*Yes I know this is not your screename but neither am I Archon. Muppet.

@onefatmonkey  The longer they leave this the worse it will become especially the way the world is at the minute with COVID and lockdown's people are spending more time and money on these types of games, But i guarantee people will not put up with this type of malpractice in the gaming community.

I surgest Plarium re instate the orginal rewards for the "NEW START EXPERIENCE RACE" to save your self's. No need for an apology just let everyone finish what they started and was playing for.