AlinaCommunity Manager
Jul 17, 2020, 09:5107/17/20
05/21/19

Rob the Network in the Infowar

Decrypt Puzzles For Units and Lasting Bonuses

SYNDICATE HIGH PRIORITY MESSAGE

Commander,

The Syndicate is still getting trouble from the Network. Large contingents of mercenary forces have been harassing our assets across the globe. But, we've just developed a system to fight back. A very profitable system.

The Network is so secretive that they prefer their soldiers not to know who they're working for. That tactic is a weakness we can exploit. Crack their comms, and we can turn THEIR assets into OUR assets. 

We've provided you with the personnel necessary to conduct an Infowar on the Network. Decrypt Code Ciphers to retrieve code of the comm system, dubbed Puzzle Pieces. Complete Puzzles to get large numbers of Units when you convince them that their secret employer has been us all along.

Each Puzzle consists of 25 unique Pieces, and corresponds to a specific Unit. Complete the Puzzle, and 1000 of the Units shown in the Puzzle will join your forces.

In addition, the Network uses sophisticated combat protocols that are beneficial to anyone who can integrate them into their forces. Complete a Puzzle, and you also get the Network's combat protocols for the Puzzle's Unit Type. This nets you a one-time permanent Bonus of +10% to Offense and Defense for that Unit Type.

However, if you work out a Puzzle Piece you already have, you can still turn 10 of that Puzzle's Unit using these sectioned parts of the overall code.

To obtain these Puzzle Pieces, you need Code Ciphers. Each Code Cipher holds a single Piece. You can get Code Ciphers from Events, Tournaments, Ops, and Special Offers. Once you get a Code Cipher, you must decrypt it to get the Piece and any Reward.

It's time for us to turn the tables on the Network, Commander!

END MESSAGE

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 31, 2020, 14:0507/31/20
07/31/15

issue in "infowars" tutorial:

Tutorial - step # 2:

Decrypt 1 or more Code Ciphers.

Tutorial - step # 3:

Decrypt 10 or more Code Ciphers.

In order to satisfy step # 2 I opened a "Ciphier Alpha" (blue), but the game did not accept this decryption chosen by me, continuing to indicate that I had to open a "Cipher Delta" (Purple).

... why?

the tutorial did not specify (anywhere!) which type of Ciphers it was necessary to decrypt, but simply said to open "one".

https://i.ibb.co/hg1b84G/issue-in-infowars-tutorial.png

Now, for step # 3 I have at my disposal 12 "Cipher Alpha" (blue) and I would like to use 10 of these Ciphers, in order to satisfy the request of the tutorial, however, also this time, the tutorial shows me (with an arrow) that I have to open the "Ciphers Omega "(Orange / gold) ...

... so I would like to know why I am forced to open the rarer Ciphers (/ gold), if in the description of step # 2 and # 3 of the tutorial it is not specified which type of Ciphers I have to open, but is simply asked to decrypt Ciphers (whatever type they are).

So (considering that I don't want to make the same mistake as step # 2, multiplied 10 times! ...opening 10 packages unnecessarily!!) my question is:

is it possible to pass step # 3 by decrypting 10 Code Ciphers Alpha (and/or Delta), or am I forced to open ONLY Omega Code Ciphers to complete the step#3?

If the Ciphers to be decrypted must necessarily be the ones wanted by the tutorial (10x OMEGA for step3 and 1x DELTA for step2), why didn't you specify it in the description of step # 2 and # 3?

Thanks for clarification.

NancyAdmin
Aug 5, 2020, 12:3208/05/20
07/09/19

Red Terror said:

issue in "infowars" tutorial:

Tutorial - step # 2:

Decrypt 1 or more Code Ciphers.

Tutorial - step # 3:

Decrypt 10 or more Code Ciphers.

In order to satisfy step # 2 I opened a "Ciphier Alpha" (blue), but the game did not accept this decryption chosen by me, continuing to indicate that I had to open a "Cipher Delta" (Purple).

... why?

the tutorial did not specify (anywhere!) which type of Ciphers it was necessary to decrypt, but simply said to open "one".

https://i.ibb.co/hg1b84G/issue-in-infowars-tutorial.png

Now, for step # 3 I have at my disposal 12 "Cipher Alpha" (blue) and I would like to use 10 of these Ciphers, in order to satisfy the request of the tutorial, however, also this time, the tutorial shows me (with an arrow) that I have to open the "Ciphers Omega "(Orange / gold) ...

... so I would like to know why I am forced to open the rarer Ciphers (/ gold), if in the description of step # 2 and # 3 of the tutorial it is not specified which type of Ciphers I have to open, but is simply asked to decrypt Ciphers (whatever type they are).

So (considering that I don't want to make the same mistake as step # 2, multiplied 10 times! ...opening 10 packages unnecessarily!!) my question is:

is it possible to pass step # 3 by decrypting 10 Code Ciphers Alpha (and/or Delta), or am I forced to open ONLY Omega Code Ciphers to complete the step#3?

If the Ciphers to be decrypted must necessarily be the ones wanted by the tutorial (10x OMEGA for step3 and 1x DELTA for step2), why didn't you specify it in the description of step # 2 and # 3?

Thanks for clarification.

Red Terror, in order to complete the tutorial quest, simply follow the arrow in the game. To do it, please open Operations -> click on More next to 'Decrypt 10 or more Code Ciphers' -> click on 'Start'

as soon as the new window pops up, the arrow will show you what to open. 

I hope it helps. :) 

Aug 7, 2020, 09:2108/07/20
Aug 7, 2020, 09:24(edited)
07/31/15

Hi.

This does not help, since, the question raised by me, accuses the fact that the description of the task (required by the tutorial) does not specify that the Ciphers to be decrypted must be of a particular type (Alpha, Delta or Omega) and the arrow could simply represent a relative suggestion and not absolute (ie: I suggest you to open this one, but you could open someone else too!).

This also happens in other aspects of the game: what the arrow indicates may not be the only solution, but one of the possible ones.

therefore I invite the developers to be more precise in the mission descriptions (in order to prevent players from performing actions that are not useful for the requested mission).

If only Omega Ciphers need to be opened to fulfill the mission (and no other Ciphers are valid other than this type), then it should be specified in the description.

saying "Decrypt 10 or more Code Ciphers" is not enough ... unless you mean that every Ciphers is valid for that purpose.

and the arrow (as already mentioned) could represent only a suggestion (as in other contexts of the game) ... and not the only possible solution.

my question, therefore, persists and I would like to know if I can also open other types of Ciphers, or if the step # 3 can only be satisfied EXCLUSIVELY by opening Omega Ciphers.

Thank you.

Aug 12, 2020, 08:3108/12/20
02/03/20
Alina said:

Decrypt Puzzles For Units and Lasting Bonuses

Commander,

The Syndicate is still getting trouble from the Network. Large contingents of mercenary forces have been harassing our assets across the globe. But, we've just developed a system to fight back. A very profitable system.

The Network is so secretive that they prefer their soldiers not to know who they're working for. That tactic is a weakness we can exploit. Crack their comms, and we can turn THEIR assets into OUR assets. 

We've provided you with the personnel necessary to conduct an Infowar on the Network. Decrypt Code Ciphers to retrieve code of the comm system, dubbed Puzzle Pieces. Complete Puzzles to get large numbers of Units when you convince them that their secret employer has been us all along.

Each Puzzle consists of 25 unique Pieces, and corresponds to a specific Unit. Complete the Puzzle, and 1000 of the Units shown in the Puzzle will join your forces.

In addition, the Network uses sophisticated combat protocols that are beneficial to anyone who can integrate them into their forces. Complete a Puzzle, and you also get the Network's combat protocols for the Puzzle's Unit Type. This nets you a one-time permanent Bonus of +10% to Offense and Defense for that Unit Type.

However, if you work out a Puzzle Piece you already have, you can still turn 10 of that Puzzle's Unit using these sectioned parts of the overall code.

To obtain these Puzzle Pieces, you need Code Ciphers. Each Code Cipher holds a single Piece. You can get Code Ciphers from Events, Tournaments, Ops, and Special Offers. Once you get a Code Cipher, you must decrypt it to get the Piece and any Reward.

It's time for us to turn the tables on the Network, Commander!

END MESSAGE

AlinaCommunity Manager
Aug 12, 2020, 09:1308/12/20
05/21/19

Red Terror said:

Hi.

This does not help, since, the question raised by me, accuses the fact that the description of the task (required by the tutorial) does not specify that the Ciphers to be decrypted must be of a particular type (Alpha, Delta or Omega) and the arrow could simply represent a relative suggestion and not absolute (ie: I suggest you to open this one, but you could open someone else too!).

This also happens in other aspects of the game: what the arrow indicates may not be the only solution, but one of the possible ones.

therefore I invite the developers to be more precise in the mission descriptions (in order to prevent players from performing actions that are not useful for the requested mission).

If only Omega Ciphers need to be opened to fulfill the mission (and no other Ciphers are valid other than this type), then it should be specified in the description.

saying "Decrypt 10 or more Code Ciphers" is not enough ... unless you mean that every Ciphers is valid for that purpose.

and the arrow (as already mentioned) could represent only a suggestion (as in other contexts of the game) ... and not the only possible solution.

my question, therefore, persists and I would like to know if I can also open other types of Ciphers, or if the step # 3 can only be satisfied EXCLUSIVELY by opening Omega Ciphers.

Thank you.

Hi! I would like to assure you that in this case, the arrow doesn't simply represent a relative suggestion - it clearly shows what you need to open. Cheers!