All Categories

Quality of Life Changes

Quality of Life Changes

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Jul 24, 2020, 15:5907/24/20

Quality of Life Changes

There were a few features that I thought could be added to make things just a little bit easier on the player.

1. Resources and boosts in one click

This feature would make a calculation of required resources and time left on an upgrade and automatically apply the appropriate amount of items to upgrade, train troops, and finish wait timers. This instead of a player having to scroll through their vast array of different items to apply the amount they need. Also in the cases of rations going away to fast after an item has been applied forcing the player to go apply another resource pack.

2. Make the map icon more noticeable.

The map button is in a very weird place and even after playing the game for awhile I'm still not used to it. You have the big black market tab above, which is highlighted in green and the contracts button below it also highlighted in green. Perhaps moving the icon to be in a place separate from everything else or highlighted in a different color would make it more noticeable.

3.Specific selection of units

Now I know there is a feature where you can type in the number of units, but I personally would like to have buttons that would select units in certain values. Say like a button to train 10, 50, or 100 units or select that many when sending units out. This is a little more nitpicky, but it would be a welcome change as personally I don't like having to go in and type out unit numbers. 

4. Selection of offensive and defensive numbers.

Say especially for ZHG or Cobra missions I want a certain amount of offensive and defensive power sent on a mission to maximize payout. It is an annoying task to get my number down to where I need it. Maybe if there is a system to input how much power either offensive or defensive the game could calculate an amount of units close to that number and select them for you. On the same note, it would be a nice feature to have a recommended amount of power for each mission since it's annoying to go look up the player made charts.

5. Condense the referral link to friends

I cannot tell you how many times I have had friends turned away from my offer just by looking at the massive link I give them. Perhaps finding a way to condense it and make it look a bit more pretty would help get more players with it.

Overall, I'm not sure how much work these would be, but I think they are small changes that could make a huge difference.
Views
Comments
Comments
AlinaCommunity Manager
Jul 27, 2020, 08:1307/27/20
05/21/19

joeyjoestar40 said:

There were a few features that I thought could be added to make things just a little bit easier on the player.

1. Resources and boosts in one click

This feature would make a calculation of required resources and time left on an upgrade and automatically apply the appropriate amount of items to upgrade, train troops, and finish wait timers. This instead of a player having to scroll through their vast array of different items to apply the amount they need. Also in the cases of rations going away to fast after an item has been applied forcing the player to go apply another resource pack.

2. Make the map icon more noticeable.

The map button is in a very weird place and even after playing the game for awhile I'm still not used to it. You have the big black market tab above, which is highlighted in green and the contracts button below it also highlighted in green. Perhaps moving the icon to be in a place separate from everything else or highlighted in a different color would make it more noticeable.

3.Specific selection of units

Now I know there is a feature where you can type in the number of units, but I personally would like to have buttons that would select units in certain values. Say like a button to train 10, 50, or 100 units or select that many when sending units out. This is a little more nitpicky, but it would be a welcome change as personally I don't like having to go in and type out unit numbers. 

4. Selection of offensive and defensive numbers.

Say especially for ZHG or Cobra missions I want a certain amount of offensive and defensive power sent on a mission to maximize payout. It is an annoying task to get my number down to where I need it. Maybe if there is a system to input how much power either offensive or defensive the game could calculate an amount of units close to that number and select them for you. On the same note, it would be a nice feature to have a recommended amount of power for each mission since it's annoying to go look up the player made charts.

5. Condense the referral link to friends

I cannot tell you how many times I have had friends turned away from my offer just by looking at the massive link I give them. Perhaps finding a way to condense it and make it look a bit more pretty would help get more players with it.

Overall, I'm not sure how much work these would be, but I think they are small changes that could make a huge difference.

Hello! Thanks for your suggestions very much! You're right, small changes could make a huge difference  Let me comment on your ideas:

1) Resources and boosts in one click. - I understand that it would be easier for Commanders to play, but Soldiers Inc. is a war strategy game, that's why we would like you to be as involved as possible (which also means calculations, working out your own strategy, etc.) because we believe that if everything would be automated, that would be extremely boring. 

2) Make the map icon more noticeable. - We haven't got any similar complaints, but if we do, we'll discuss it. 

3) Specific selection of units. - Again, I haven't noticed any similar suggestions, so it looks like players are satisfied with the current system. If we decide to change it, we'll look into your idea. 

4) Selection of offensive and defensive numbers. - To be honest, we don't want the game to choose units for our Commanders. We want our players to think and develop their unique strategies. This sounds like more fun! 

5) Condense the referral link to friends. - Do you mean this link? 

Enjoy your day, Commander!

Jan 12, 2021, 23:2701/12/21
07/16/16

would like to see an option to lock specific units in your bunker, this would make it easier when selecting offense/defense buttons to send units. elliminating the need to deselct specific strategic units that you dont want to risk losing while engaging locations.

MadDog out

AlinaCommunity Manager
Jan 20, 2021, 13:4201/20/21
05/21/19
MadDog

would like to see an option to lock specific units in your bunker, this would make it easier when selecting offense/defense buttons to send units. elliminating the need to deselct specific strategic units that you dont want to risk losing while engaging locations.

MadDog out

Hi! That's an interesting suggestion, Commander! Do you often lose your units in such a way?