All Categories

Charging countries more money for packs.

Charging countries more money for packs.

Search
Comments
Dec 18, 2017, 16:3712/18/17
03/01/16

Hello, guys! Unfortunately, since currency conversion in the Stores is out of our control, I can't give some exact information why it happens and why values are different. 

I have discussed this issue with my colleagues again and as I said before, price depends on the conversion rate set in the Store (both Play Market and App Store). We can't change the prices in the Stores or influence this. We set only base price for the packages in the game. Then at the moment of purchase, you face currency conversion. Currency conversion takes place on the third-party platform and we can't regulate this, unfortunately. 

Dec 18, 2017, 22:4912/18/17
05/03/17
I fully understand the exchange rate but have to agree there is no justifiable reason to be charging above that to anybody.  Let’s keep this game fair across the board.
Dec 18, 2017, 23:0712/18/17
Dec 18, 2017, 23:35(edited)
01/24/17

Please see the below. 

Discussion with Google Help https://imgur.com/a/kdZsM

Tell me what is each dollar cost of $160 AUD for a $100 USD pack offer associated with? It is my right to know this if requested by 'Consumer law'.

The Google help confirmed you are responsible for the in app purchase pricing and setting the cost. Not them. So your company should definitely know this and be able to give me a receipt format of all these 'costs'. 

Gregory HillModerator
Dec 19, 2017, 14:3212/19/17
05/30/14
This is above my level of knowledge..  Hopefully the Community Manager will see your response.
Dec 19, 2017, 17:3612/19/17
03/01/16

Hello, Commanders!

I can see that this question is important for you. That's why as I mentioned before your feedback was forwarded to the developers.

After checking SPARHAWK122's screenshot of his conversation with the representatives of Play Market I went to discuss this issue with my colleagues again. 

Here is the result of my investigation. As you know, there is a part of players who play via Andriod devices and another part of players who play via iOS devices. In this case, we need to keep balance and make game (and prices in the game) equal for both Android and iOS players. 

The thing is that we can't regulate prices for the packages in App Store (iOS devices), it's not our zone of responsibility. As I said before, we set only base prices for the packages in AppStore and then it regulates this process and controls their currency conversion.

As for the Play Market, I found out that we set the prices by ourselves, but we need to make prices equal to the prices in AppStore (Apple devices). That's why we set the same prices as we have in App Store after currency conversion.

Prices can be different for players who live in different regions and countries. Unfortunately, in this case, we can't change it, because we need to set the same prices for all players.

SPARHAWK122, thank you for your screenshots and desire to find the reasons of this situation. My previous reply given in this thread was wrong. I apologize for the confusion in my reply.

Dec 19, 2017, 22:3912/19/17
Dec 19, 2017, 23:03(edited)
01/24/17

Alina Bright said:

Hello, Commanders!

I can see that this question is important for you. That's why as I mentioned before your feedback was forwarded to the developers.

After checking SPARHAWK122's screenshot of his conversation with the representatives of Play Market I went to discuss this issue with my colleagues again. 

Here is the result of my investigation. As you know, there is a part of players who play via Andriod devices and another part of players who play via iOS devices. In this case, we need to keep balance and make game (and prices in the game) equal for both Android and iOS players. 

The thing is that we can't regulate prices for the packages in App Store (iOS devices), it's not our zone of responsibility. As I said before, we set only base prices for the packages in AppStore and then it regulates this process and controls their currency conversion.

As for the Play Market, I found out that we set the prices by ourselves, but we need to make prices equal to the prices in AppStore (Apple devices). That's why we set the same prices as we have in App Store after currency conversion.

Prices can be different for players who live in different regions and countries. Unfortunately, in this case, we can't change it, because we need to set the same prices for all players.

SPARHAWK122, thank you for your screenshots and desire to find the reasons of this situation. My previous reply given in this thread was wrong. I apologize for the confusion in my reply.

Countries are not being charged equally but you are worried about equal prices across 'different' app stores?

Get a reality check. Make prices equal everywhere. If you need to you can easily offset the base price to lower the price in accordance with other countries to make it 'equal'. 

Onto another point. You were not just wrong before. You lied. 

I will check the pricing and exchange rates in Apple Store because what you said does not sound right. In my experience never have I heard of extra fees worth $30 AUD for a $100 USD priced digital item after currency exchange. 

If one store has more fees but the other store does not. Then having one price equal off to meet the store that has these extra fees means you are charging extra money for a product in one store where these fees do not apply. And no other app store charges an extra $30 AUD in fees after exchange. Stop trying to make excuses. You are charging extra to other countries due to greed. 

P.S

Only Plarium charges an extra $30 for $100 USD packs after exchange. I have come across no other app games in Apple Store or Google Playstore with this significant pricing inconsistancy. 

Dec 19, 2017, 23:5212/19/17
08/25/17
How is it that y'all can sit there and lie and give this man the run around he is asking a direct question where does the extra 30 come from... no other country is charged 30 over for a 100 pack... what I also find funny is y'all lying is setting yourselves up to get sued... I honestly say spar sue them and bankrupt them this isn't the first time they have screwed over people... get your money back and then bankrupt them..
Dec 20, 2017, 16:3312/20/17
Dec 20, 2017, 16:34(edited)
03/01/16

Hello, guys! 

Since we can't regulate prices in App Store, we set the same prices (as in App Store) for Play Market. We need to focus on App Store prices to make all values equal for all players. In this case, we need to use App Store prices for Play Market as well. 

Dec 20, 2017, 22:5712/20/17
Dec 25, 2017, 07:12(edited)
01/24/17

I am pretty sure what you are doing is unethical business practice. 

You have also not sent me through a explanation of the base price plus all fees applied to the pack prices for myself as requested. 

I believe I have spently roughly between $35k to $50k Australian dollars on this game. 

Dec 26, 2017, 16:4212/26/17
03/01/16

Hello, Commander! I would like to share this information, but, unfortunately, I can't. I gave my responses to all your questions above and I can't give you any new information.

I hope my responses were useful.

Have a great day! 

Dec 27, 2017, 23:4512/27/17
01/24/17

Alina Bright said:

Hello, Commander! I would like to share this information, but, unfortunately, I can't. I gave my responses to all your questions above and I can't give you any new information.

I hope my responses were useful.

Have a great day! 

As a customer I have a right to know where my money is going. Even the Google representative agreed.

Dec 28, 2017, 09:2112/28/17
03/01/16

Hello, Commander! I gave you my final response above and I can't provide you with new information. All the details of this issue were discussed above. 

Dec 28, 2017, 10:2312/28/17
01/24/17

Alina Bright said:

Hello, Commander! I gave you my final response above and I can't provide you with new information. All the details of this issue were discussed above. 

Also Apple products do not have any extra fees in comparison to Google Playstore products. Plarium just picks and chooses what countries to charge extra for in app purchases. Don't like Australians. Charge them extra after currency exchange just because you can. Don't like north Africans. Charge their nationality extra too. 

Dec 29, 2017, 11:4312/29/17
03/01/16

Hello, Commander! I shared with you all necessary information about this issue. I investigated what happened and left my answers in this thread. Since I don't have any new information and the topic was discussed with the details I need to close the thread.

I hope all information was useful.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.