All Categories

AAs and Mercs have created unbalance

Search
Apr 6, 2018, 17:3404/06/18
11/15/16

The introduction of Alliance Attacks and Mercenaries has created an imbalance in the gameplay of SI Mobile.  I raise this here as a lot of players are disgruntled by these game features. I hope we can provide suggestions that improve the player experience, strategy, as well as benefit game economics.

AA combined with mercs creates an element where offense units have a far greater damage ratio than defensive units. The result is an unwillingness to defend assets with any reasonable amount of force.  This is discouraging players and takes away much of the game strategy.

When attacking an HQ the attacker will lose approximately 10% of what the defender will lose. This brings into question, where is the money we invested on defense techs, and HQ tech? Is this a bug or is this done purposely?  Blacksites are not quite as bad but still difficult to defend against an Alliance Attack.

As players we are now all familiar with how easy we can take an HQ down. Is Plarium aware of how this is affecting players? It makes a team have to decide whether they should rebuild or not.

I was always tought not to raise a problem without presenting a solution.

I propose Plarium provide new Blacksite and HQ tech that can be built or purchased which reduce the ratio of an Alliance attack.

For example HQ AA defense level 1 that would reduce the AA ratio  by 25% and ultimately, when maxed, provide a means where defense could be stronger than offense. 

This would at least give players a tool defend their assets.

The current mechanics benefit no one except the attacker looking for points.

With the current game mechanics:

- Attacker is not really gaining points anymore because there are no units to kill

- Defender doesn’t lose much as they are not putting units in assets

- Plarium doesn’t make money because no units are being lost anymore in battle. Only making $ if alliances decide to rebuild. But people are leaving and therefore less spending

With new tech to defend players will put troops in HQ and BS resulting in:

- Attacker will suffer losses when attacking HQ meaning there will likely start to be a reason for an hq attack and bringing strategy back to the game.

- Defender will inflict greater losses on attacker and will be encouraged to continue investing in troops and defense tech

-Plarium will gain in tech purchases and heavier troop losses. But also in restoring balance to the game entice players to stay and bring more players to the game  

Hope to hear what thoughts everyone has on this.  I am sure there are much better ideas to solve the problem but it is a problem in the game and I hope we can all recognize it needs to be addressed.

Good game to all  

Views
Comments
Comments
Gregory HillModerator
Apr 7, 2018, 01:1204/07/18
Apr 7, 2018, 01:14(edited)
05/30/14

Hey SSEEAANN;

I believe this thread was semi-started earlier today, for discussion... I wish i could merge threads;  but i will close that thread and have it point here..

As Commanders let see which thread we prefer to use.. and discuss.  This is the type of feedback the Community Managers enjoy, as it gives us real feedback to the balance in the game..  Please have your commanders join the discussion on the forums and provide even more feedback.  **UPDATE:: I have closed the other thread, and placed a post directing players to this thread**

Remember our Community Managers will provide this to developers, and they can side with us or maybe other plans in the works.. however it gets the information to the developers.  I wish it be tomorrow, or next week.. but please let's start the discussion and we can shape the future of the game with our feedback =)

Apr 7, 2018, 01:4804/07/18
01/24/17

In reference to the original poster,

Agreed on all points that Sean touched on. Defense of alliance assets is undoubtedly no longer feasable with alliance attacks and overpowered merceneries. 

What I see now is the majority refusing to risk defending Black Sites or Headquarters. Players do not put troops into these assets anymore as it is easy points for tournaments and the attacks with a overpowered mercenary. Say High class grade 4 and above really make defense pointless. 

Offense is the king in this game. Defense has never been so unfeasable as it is now. Alliance assets either need new tech for defense against mercenary and alliance attacks or mercenaries need to be toned down. Their max bonuses drastically lowered. 

Kind Regards,

Sparhawk122

Apr 7, 2018, 02:4504/07/18
06/07/17

Hello fellow gamers,

I agree with both Sean and Sparhawks points.

Rather than add more defense units against an Alliance Attack, could an AA be balanced by what the attackers HQ offense tech is up against the opponents HQ defensive techs?

Just a suggestion.

Best regards, 

Salt

Apr 7, 2018, 09:5504/07/18
05/02/17

There are sufficient players with maxed grade 5 mercs for hq or blacksite offense to introduce this game unbalance amongs top 50 alliances and very few alliances stick a decent amount of defending troops into both hq and blacksites, simply because they do not want to lose big amounts of troops. The more important thing is that troops are best kept at bases, rendering HQ unusable as a the defending high point. Alliance tech makes up far to little of the power gained when a maxed grade 5 merc can I prove the defensive by 112%.

Apr 7, 2018, 10:2404/07/18
07/09/17
I to agree with what everyone has said so far . But I also believe that Plarium need to change the mechanics when it comes to high lvl bases taking out lower level bases , make it so it’s like farming caches . Most players are leaving because they are being zeroed by high lvl players .. where’s the fairness in the game , we are not all wealthy to be able to spend Hundreds if dollars every week . So please put a cap on how high a lvl base can attack lower lvl bases , make it similar to farming caches please . 
Apr 7, 2018, 17:2004/07/18
05/19/17

AA is not the problem. Mercs being overpowered might be some of the problem. The biggest problem is ego. The big players egos are hurt because they have no defense for the AA’s and can’t protect their assets without losing their 1 billion power army. Big alliances are trying to hold 10 Blacksites. Sure you can’t defend all that. Maybe you would have better luck with just a couple of Blacksites and HQ to defend?

While the game is still about money it is way less about the big money now. AA’s can get in the pocket of the big money players now and make it hurt fast!

No strategy now? I totally disagree. It’s way more strategy than just loading up assets to defend. It’s careful planning to organize AA’s and hit the correct targets. It’s way more fun than sitting around waiting for your troops to get killed defending. No longer do we have to cower down to the huge money player. We can get out and have fun with our troops. We get to decide when they die now and how many.

Apr 7, 2018, 18:2904/07/18
02/06/17

With all the due respect to all . Expecting to successfully defend any asset with insufficient amount of troops is simply not realistic. 

A maxed out tech lvl bs will give about a 1:1 ratio. Max amount of as is about 1.25b , therefore allowing THIS much defending will have a better odds. 

In all actuality,  this feature makes the game more fun and even since it's that much harder for one alliance to control multiple bs's.  

Politics and relationship will have to be the way. 

Good luck all. 

Apr 8, 2018, 15:4004/08/18
Apr 9, 2018, 00:12(edited)
01/24/17

No amount of troops can defend a alliance asset now. The above said it themselves. 1 billion troops is not enough. What hope do smaller alliances have. 

It is unbalanced. We have overpowered base defense yet alliance assets with minimum defensive options. 

Some players can only do alliance attacks. So if the alliance attacks and mercenaries were to be rebalanced it would hinder ingame bullies. Thus them not wanting the system to become fairer. 

One HQ had 100k enhanced razors plus lots of other units. Alliance attack made short work of them. Defense is not feasable. So what is the point. Go to another game where offense and defense balance is more equal and not lopsided towards offense. 

Gregory HillModerator
Apr 8, 2018, 17:1004/08/18
05/30/14

huggybear255 said:

AA is not the problem. Mercs being overpowered might be some of the problem. The biggest problem is ego. The big players egos are hurt because they have no defense for the AA’s and can’t protect their assets without losing their 1 billion power army. Big alliances are trying to hold 10 Blacksites. Sure you can’t defend all that. Maybe you would have better luck with just a couple of Blacksites and HQ to defend?

While the game is still about money it is way less about the big money now. AA’s can get in the pocket of the big money players now and make it hurt fast!

No strategy now? I totally disagree. It’s way more strategy than just loading up assets to defend. It’s careful planning to organize AA’s and hit the correct targets. It’s way more fun than sitting around waiting for your troops to get killed defending. No longer do we have to cower down to the huge money player. We can get out and have fun with our troops. We get to decide when they die now and how many.

As I've always said on the forums, there is always two sides to a debate.. and I would like to thank you for sharing your side of this topic.  I encourage all commanders to get on and discuss the game.  Please encourage some other commanders with your views to join.

I have a neutral opinion and why i'm not posting much.. My alliance we have only started to play with AA.. so therefore I'd just be forming an opinion based on others.. so I am just moderating this thread.
Gregory HillModerator
Apr 8, 2018, 17:1404/08/18
05/30/14

Sparhawk122 said:

No amount of troops can defend a alliance asset now. The above said it themselves. 1 billion troops is not enough. What hope do smaller alliances have. 

It is unbalanced. We have overpowered base defense yet allianse assets with minimum defense options. 

Some players can only do alliance attacks. So if the alliance attacks and mercenaries were to be rebalanced it would hinder ingame bullies. Thus them not wanting change. 

One HQ had 100k enhanced razors plus lots of other units. Alliance attack made short work of them. Defense is not feasable. So what is the point. Go to another game where offense and defense balance is more equal and not lopsided towards offense. 

It does seem a lot are talking about defenses being up a lot, and not arguing here..I do not believe AA is going anywhere it's a feature added for a reason, but this thread should be a good discussion point to discuss the impact the feature had on gameplay.

I enjoy all the ideas, and especially talk about new tech, or tweaking defensive strategy and such.  Everyone tried to keep their strategies to themselves, but we should utilize the forums to share some ideas, or failed strategy =)
Apr 8, 2018, 23:5604/08/18
01/24/17

As I said. There will always be those who defend gameplay imbalances if it favours them. 

At the end of the day fact is that Headquarters are like wet paper bags. They have no decent defensive properties. Even defense mercenaries do not help much. We have HQs with only skeleton crew troops in them as players are no longer willing to contribute defense to a fruitless endeavour. Even some alliances are purposefully leaving their HQs at level 5 with no troops in them to exploit the favoured offensive imbalance. 
NeversmilexCommunity Manager
Apr 10, 2018, 11:2804/10/18
10/24/16

Hello, commanders!

Thanks a lot for your active discussion of this issue! I have seen some really good ideas, which will be passed to the developers.

It's possible that the mechanics of the Alliance interactions might change in one of the future updates, as we're always working on something new.

Special thanks to SSEEAANN for raising this topic! 

Apr 16, 2018, 13:2904/16/18
As the semi-original poster I thank every1 for raising this issue and offering solutions I 100% agree with spar and Sean I think AA combined with mercs or more specifically AA attacks and the OP boosts u can apply 2 them along with ur already developed troop tech break the deal.In the game we even have AA alts now were u have alts with a bunch of of AA attack boosts and slot unlocked 2 have maximum effectiveness. Smaller alliancrs are struggling as a result of this. 2 combat this improving tech and perhaps making special units or even defense installions for hq and black sites could help. Or make units lost in hq and bs revocable with resources instead of diamonds.
Apr 16, 2018, 18:1404/16/18
11/15/16

Shadohghst said:

As the semi-original poster I thank every1 for raising this issue and offering solutions I 100% agree with spar and Sean I think AA combined with mercs or more specifically AA attacks and the OP boosts u can apply 2 them along with ur already developed troop tech break the deal.In the game we even have AA alts now were u have alts with a bunch of of AA attack boosts and slot unlocked 2 have maximum effectiveness. Smaller alliancrs are struggling as a result of this. 2 combat this improving tech and perhaps making special units or even defense installions for hq and black sites could help. Or make units lost in hq and bs revocable with resources instead of diamonds.

I really like this suggestion. "Or make units lost in hq and bs revocable with resources instead of diamonds."

Apr 17, 2018, 09:2704/17/18
10/24/16

sseeaann said:

I really like this suggestion. "Or make units lost in hq and bs revocable with resources instead of diamonds."

I do like the suggestion as well! However, I don't think that we'll see the option to revive troops lost in HQ and BS for resources. Initially, it wasn't planned like this.

Apr 18, 2018, 22:3604/18/18
01/24/17

Paul Gladkiy said:

sseeaann said:

I do like the suggestion as well! However, I don't think that we'll see the option to revive troops lost in HQ and BS for resources. Initially, it wasn't planned like this.

Then to balance alliance attacks paired with mercenaries and high tech give us more and better defensive options for Black Sites and Headquarters. Because it is no longer possible to adequately defend in that retrospect. 

Many alliances have stopped caring with a lot of members moving onto other games that have fairer prices, more balanced battles and simpler gameplay. Special operations and now mercenary system makes this game too complex for many now. Most mobile gamers prefer simple wargames. 

Apr 19, 2018, 13:1104/19/18
10/24/16

Sparhawk122 said:

Paul Gladkiy said:

sseeaann said:

Then to balance alliance attacks paired with mercenaries and high tech give us more and better defensive options for Black Sites and Headquarters. Because it is no longer possible to adequately defend in that retrospect. 

Many alliances have stopped caring with a lot of members moving onto other games that have fairer prices, more balanced battles and simpler gameplay. Special operations and now mercenary system makes this game too complex for many now. Most mobile gamers prefer simple wargames. 

Hi, commander!

You can refer to the paragraph 10 in this post :)
Jun 5, 2018, 13:4706/05/18
01/24/17

Too slow to rectify and find a solution to the headquarter defense issue. The game is dead. 

Good job. 
Jun 18, 2018, 15:4506/18/18

Ironic, since SSEEAANN from DIE Alliance is known for burning down half of the server to scrape PVP

THEY HAVE NO HONOR

hence old weaker alliances quit

hence new growing alliances quit

seasoned players hide their troops

now he is the one whining they can not burn any more troops

Plarium thanks him for bringing it up?

it is thanks to him your game is dieing

Jun 19, 2018, 16:5006/19/18
10/15/17
There is a way to protect you HQ. Most of the alliances have not got that lvl yet
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.