All Categories

Update 4.10 Highlight

Update 4.10 Highlight

Greetings, Raiders!

It hasn’t been long since our last Highlights were released, but we have another update coming hot on the heels of 4.00. And it brings exciting additions to the existing features: a Doom Tower update (two new Bosses, rebalanced rooms, new Artifact Sets), new Champions (expect detailed news in a few days), and some improvements for Clan search & application. Read on to learn more!

Doom Tower Update

The Doom Tower is one of Raid’s largest and most varied game modes, but what you’ve seen so far is only the beginning of what we have planned. As it stands, we want to add two new rotations to the Doom Tower, each with new challenges. What you will see in 4.10 is the first of these - it will feature two new Bosses, two new Artifact Sets to craft in the Forge, rebalanced Floors, and some new Secret Room requirements. Some of the old Bosses will return as well, albeit with a different Affinity, so be ready to adjust your tactics! 

Of course, the old Doom Tower you’ve come to know is not going to disappear either. We’ll just go between rotations to ensure the challenges are fresh and not monotonous. And speaking of challenges, you can see the two new Bosses below:

Grythion the Celestial Griffin

i

Fighting Grythion will require micromanagement, timing both buffs and debuffs very carefully, and keeping an eye on the Sky Bond stacks he gains over the course of the battle. Whether you trust speed or toughness to see the Team through is up to you!

As for rewards, beating Grythion will yield Griffin Feathers that can be used to craft the shiny Guardian Set in the Forge:

i

4 Set: Wearer absorbs 10% of all damage dealt to ally Champions. Heals by 10% of the wearer’s MAX HP every turn.

It’s important to remember that Guardian Artifacts will not affect damage inflicted by [Poison] or [HP Burn] effects or any ally Skills that cause damage to the caster. 

Iragoth the Eternal Dragon

i

i

i

As you can see from this Spotlight table, Iragoth thrives on messing with your Team’s Active Skills and taking advantage of that. To make matters worse, he has 3 Ads to consider at all times; fail to kill them before Iragoth uses his [Conjure Souls] or [Consume Soul] Skills, and you’ll be in deep trouble.

On the bright side, Iragoth is not immune to Cooldown increase Skills, so you can use that to your advantage. And if you manage to kill the Eternal Priest at the right moment, you’ll get your entire Team’s Skills taken off Cooldowns. 

And should you defeat Iragoth, the Dragon Bones you collect can be used to craft the Bloodthirst Set:

i

4 Set: C. RATE +12%. Heals by 30% of damage dealt.

Much like the Lifesteal set, Bloodthirst stack with other Lifesteal-like Skills.

Clan Improvements

• Here is a list of QoL improvements to the Clan search and application process that will go live in 4.10:
  • Filters (language, activity, power, etc.) will be added to the Clan search tab and Clan Rankings
  • Clan Leader will be able to set a clear Player Power requirement to join the clan
  • Suggested Clans will be displayed based on the Player’s power (whether they fit the Clan’s requirements) and will require the Clan Leader to have been online no more than 7 days ago
  • Players who are not part of any Clan yet will have the Quick Join option, which will allow them to join the first open Clan from their Suggested list
  • Clan Leader will be able to activate Clan Promotion for 48 hours (once per 7 days)
  • Players will be able to send an application to other Clan even if they are a part of another Clan at the time
  • The Members tab will display the last login time of every player in the Clan
  • Clan invitations in the global chat will become available
  • Clan invitation will be available in the Player Info tab

Miscellaneous

• Doom Tower Rankings and Best Teams info will now display the number of Turns it took the player in question to beat a Floor instead of the amount of time as it is now (will be implemented a short while after the release date)
  • Battle Result tab will display the number of turns taken to beat the stage as well as the overall time
  • In the penultimate battle with Agreth the Nether Spider, her Max HP will be decreased in the Hard Difficulty Doom Tower (Floor 60 for the current rotation, 70 for the upcoming one, Agreth will not be affected on other Floors). These changes will take place after the second rotation of the Doom Tower is launched
Views
Comments
Mar 29, 2021, 14:3103/29/21
Mar 29, 2021, 14:4403/29/21
02/08/21

ctrl+f "arena"

0 results found

Mar 29, 2021, 14:5403/29/21
11/25/20

Thanks for adding new stuff guys! These bosses look ridiculously strong, hope I will be able to get past them!

I am just disapointed, that no rebalancing of the current DT sets is coming. They all feel lackluster!

1-4 stars are pretty much irrelevant, because DT is so tough to beat, once you get there, you wont need low level stuff anymore and only try to get 5star+ and the worst part: Thats truel for everything you get on Normal.

Honest question: Why not implement sets, that help with the content directly? Like shield sets for Crab guy? Or a damage over time resist set for Nether spider?

Or something completely new like craftable consumables to higher your stats on certain stages/bosses. Nothing too crazy, but it feels aweful to be stuck on a stage like forever (I just cant beat Nether Spider on Hard for example).

I ONLY use stuff from DT to make silver in the forge! I dont wear a single set piece, which is just so much wasted potential.

Mar 29, 2021, 15:1303/29/21
10/07/19

Looks like a great time to quit Raid

Mar 29, 2021, 15:2203/29/21
03/30/19

What in the hell are these bosses? I hope I am just overreading and they're only this broken on paper or else I won't even bother with doom tower this cycle. 

I'll wait till some of the smarter members of the community give their verdict though this gryphon boss seems to have an answer for every possible strategy out there? Ridiculous. 

Anyway decent sets at least, an improvement over the last sets, now if you would buff the last cycle's sets as well as buff the rewards we get from framing these bosses that'd be great.

Mar 29, 2021, 15:3503/29/21
10/07/20

Great update

Mar 29, 2021, 15:4903/29/21
12/01/19

More QoL and less cash rape.

Mar 29, 2021, 16:2903/29/21
04/30/20

For Sparring Pit, please move champions that can gain xp to the top of the list so I don't have to scroll down.

Also, when we click on the "i" button for Total Stats, please go straight to the stats and not abbreviations.

Need more storage space for artifacts. 1,000 is not enough.

Mar 29, 2021, 16:3003/29/21
01/28/21

New bosses, just to take up even MORE time... ! Where's the X4 speed OR auto battle feature ? that's all anybody wants.

Mar 29, 2021, 16:3603/29/21
08/02/20
(JR) RAMBO

What in the hell are these bosses? I hope I am just overreading and they're only this broken on paper or else I won't even bother with doom tower this cycle. 

I'll wait till some of the smarter members of the community give their verdict though this gryphon boss seems to have an answer for every possible strategy out there? Ridiculous. 

Anyway decent sets at least, an improvement over the last sets, now if you would buff the last cycle's sets as well as buff the rewards we get from framing these bosses that'd be great.

I'm sure there will be a way. High resistance and/or debuff block might help against the griffin, since both his heal reductions and his throwing debuffs back at you can be resisted, only the buff removal and probably the consequences of turn meter manipulation (since that is a passive without an attack, not sure about that) cannot be resisted. Other than that, I guess either use crazy strong nukers to kill him quickly or very durable champs plus strong healers. The boss is sure less F2P-friendly than the former four, since his overpowered response to turn meter manipulation pretty much means you can't use Armiger or Coldheart, the two budget MAX-HP hitters.

As for the undead dragon, much depends on how durable those minions will be. Also interesting that he isn't immune to cooldown increasing effects himself, which might be a key to best him (e.g. using the fragment fusion champ Elegaius). Other than that, Champs that hit hard with their A1 and have few active skills to put on cooldown like e.g. Stagknight or Relic Keeper might perform well.

Mar 29, 2021, 16:4303/29/21
03/30/19
Lancelot667

I'm sure there will be a way. High resistance and/or debuff block might help against the griffin, since both his heal reductions and his throwing debuffs back at you can be resisted, only the buff removal and probably the consequences of turn meter manipulation (since that is a passive without an attack, not sure about that) cannot be resisted. Other than that, I guess either use crazy strong nukers to kill him quickly or very durable champs plus strong healers. The boss is sure less F2P-friendly than the former four, since his overpowered response to turn meter manipulation pretty much means you can't use Armiger or Coldheart, the two budget MAX-HP hitters.

As for the undead dragon, much depends on how durable those minions will be. Also interesting that he isn't immune to cooldown increasing effects himself, which might be a key to best him (e.g. using the fragment fusion champ Elegaius). Other than that, Champs that hit hard with their A1 and have few active skills to put on cooldown like e.g. Stagknight or Relic Keeper might perform well.

I know high resistance should work, at least in theory, but the problem is I don't wanna put 5 champs in 500+ resistance for a single boss x 3 every month, also resistance alone won't be enough as he also needs a ton of accuracy and damage to beat unless you wanna be overwhelmed by his stacking passive.

Oh well, I'm just speculating, I don't wanna think too much about it. Just wait and see what others come up with and then gauge the worth of building teams for this or just waiting for scarab to come back.

Mar 29, 2021, 20:2603/29/21
Mar 29, 2021, 20:27(edited)
11/13/19

so basically you can just Stun-lock the bird boss with CCs and use x2 basher for the Zombie Dragon, sounds fun and easy if this is the case.

Mar 29, 2021, 20:2803/29/21
04/11/20

It feels strongly as though there's new leadership who have no idea or interest in gaming, player base or community. All they see through thier scope is how to make it challenging and make more money. Relying on analytics, and numbers from a quantitative point of view without delving into the qualitative assessment is going to take a huge hit on player interest. If you running content strategy based on some investor goals, that would yield the same negative results.

A good strategy is to listen to the players... make a list and give answers... something definitive, not a blank "we are looking into it". And the most important thing, YOU NEED TO COMMUNICATE MORE ACTIVELY! Collaborate more actively with content creators and if possible directly with players.

You conducted a tournament recently... and there was no communication from it. Recruit a better PR or change/empower these leaders at the very top making these decisions.

Unless you are actually tanking this on purpose.

Mar 29, 2021, 20:3803/29/21
07/03/20

The irony here is that Plarium WANTS me to spend more money, but it implements content that forces me to spend more time. To complete everything on a daily basis requires me to quit my job, which means I have no money to give them. 

You're slitting your own throat Plarium, you're beginning to bleed out...death is imminent.

Mar 29, 2021, 21:2103/29/21
09/07/19

No, just no!

Mar 29, 2021, 21:5003/29/21
07/29/18

Since i play Raid, i have no time to play anything else. Every day factions, arena, tag, spend energy gained, doom tower...

We're getting clan battles soon also, more and more hard content to beat daily.... And even though i have more and more leveled up champs, even legos, it takes too much time to do everything.

I think multi battle should be changed. If you use a multibattle it should take only an instant, take energy as usual and give random reward, as it would if you beat it normally. I think that would speed up farming a lot, and make the 70 attempts more useful.

Also Arena and tags are too hard. I can have 3 teams of just legos lvl 60 and good gear in tag but still can't get to bronze 3.

I would change it so at least, that if you lose fight you don't lose points. Also alow more people to be in a tier. Arena should be fun. It should be a challange to beat the opponent, maybe try 2-3 times and change a few champs, until you find what can beat the enemy. Not searching for weaklings you can 1 shot. Which it is now. I don't want to attack someone on similar level, as i lose too much if i try more then a few times.

I've seen some nice changes, but there are some bad ones as well. Arena and tag are really bad.

Mar 29, 2021, 22:1003/29/21
05/06/19

Good update for end-game players, not so much for everyone else lol

Bit dissapointing that this is the content that was prioritised first.

Mar 29, 2021, 23:1803/29/21
10/31/19

Doom Tower bosses are supposed to be hard.  I don't get why some people constantly whine about it.  I'm not a fan of re-gearing so many champs but DT is pretty cool.

Mar 30, 2021, 01:5803/30/21
03/27/19

make eternal guard  and eternal priest new heroes for undead 

and please auto freaking sparring pits 

Mar 30, 2021, 02:2903/30/21
03/26/20

You guys need to do take the "chance" part away from upgrading artifacts.  It's just too much silver.  Using silver to upgrade should be enough!  To gamle silver at a "chance aspect" is just totally wrong on your part.  People spend a lot of money to purchas silver and it's just bad business on your part.  Send this to your "devs".  SMH