All Categories

Update 7.00.0 Highlights

Update 7.00.0 Highlights

The moment you’ve all been waiting for is close at hand - Live Arena is coming to Raid! As usual, we’ve released a proper Feature Preview video to explain the nitty-gritty details 

You can also find what you need in the Highlights below. There are some smaller changes coming with Update 7.00 as well: a QoL improvement that will allow you to view many important Resources from your Bastion with a single tap and a new Balance patch on top of that.

Read on if you want to learn more!

Live Arena

Basics & Schedule

Live Arena is a new PvP mode that will allow you to face other players directly in real-time battles. It unlocks automatically once your account reaches Level 50 and can be accessed from the Arena map (in the Game Modes tab). 

The first thing you need to remember is that Live Arena is not going to be available all the time - instead, this game mode will open several times a day on a set schedule. This measure is needed to avoid huge wait times in a PvE-heavy game that is Raid. Also, keep in mind that Live Arena will run on a test schedule for the first 2 days. You can see it below:

07:00 UTC - 09:00 UTC

10:00 UTC - 12:00 UTC

14:00 UTC - 16:00 UTC

After that - including the 3 remaining test days - we will adopt the following schedule:

00:00 UTC - 02:00 UTC

06:00 UTC - 08:00 UTC

14:00 UTC - 16:00 UTC

20:00 UTC - 22:00 UTC

The time frames might change in the future, but we’ll notify you beforehand if that happens!

Initiating a Live Arena Battle

You will need Live Arena Tokens to participate in Live Arena battles, and you can have a maximum of 5 at any given time. These Tokens reset automatically every day at 00:00 UTC, but you can purchase a refill with Gems. Every subsequent refill will cost more than the last, but after the daily reset, the price of the refill also resets back to default - you should be quite familiar with this mechanic already.

Once the battle is initiated, the game will find a suitable opponent based on your recent and average performance in Live Arena. We’ll do our best to ensure matchmaking is as fair as possible! And once an opponent has been found, the game will flip a coin to decide which player goes first in the first phase of the battle.

Pick Your Champions

In this phase, both players must take turns selecting their Champions until both Teams have 5. There is a 30 seconds limit on picking a single Champion in this phase, so don’t think about the choice too long, or the game will just pick a Champion with the highest power rating!

After the Teams are filled out, both players get to ban a single enemy Champion. That completely removes the Champion in question from the fight, bringing both Teams down to 4. Of course, you can be sneaky and play tricks on your opponents to ensure they don’t ban a Champion you actually want to have in the fight, just remember that they will be doing the same.

Finally, both players choose a Team Leader whose Aura will affect their Team in the battle.

One important note to remember: once you reach Live Arena Gold Tiers, all duplicate Champions across both Teams will be prohibited. Meaning that you cannot use a Champion if your opponent already has that Champion on their Team! So be careful and take that into consideration when preparing for Live Arena battles.

Live Arena Battle

As far as the actual Live Arena battle goes, it’s not that different from other Arena modes. Champion turn order is determined by their Speed and various Turn Meter manipulation techniques, then Champions use their Skills to attack, heal, revive, and do whatever else they need to win. The most important difference is that you will be facing another human and need to be prepared for nasty surprises!

Each turn has a 15 seconds limit, so don’t linger, or the game will take it for you. If you skip 3 turns like that, you will automatically enter Auto-Battle mode until you switch it off manually. And if the battle is not over in 30 minutes, it will end and count as a defeat for both players - not something you generally want.

Live Arena Tiers & Rewards

Victories will yield Live Arena Points and Bronze, Silver, or Gold Live Arena Crests. The former advance you through Live Arena Tiers, and the latter can be used to unlock Area Bonuses in the Great Hall (we’ll talk about those in the next section of the Highlights). For the time being, you get 12 Tiers from Bronze I to Gold IV, and there is no Platinum Tier for now. 

Once you reach Silver I, you will start losing Live Arena Points for every lost battle. And if you don’t initiate at least 1 Live Arena Battle in 5 days, you’ll start losing 5 Points daily until you fight in a Live Arena battle.

Climbing through Live Arena Tiers will earn you some really awesome one-time rewards, including Fragments needed to summon a unique Legendary Champion, Quintus the Triumphant. On top of that, repeatable Live Arena Quests will yield a Live Arena Token Refill and Artifacts from brand-new Sets:

Impulse

4 Set: SPD +12%, 30% chance to reduce random Skill cooldown by 1 turn

Zeal

4 Set: C. DMG +25%, +7.5% Damage for every 25% HP the target has.

i

Great Hall: Area Bonuses

The Live Arena Crests you win can be spent in the Great Hall to unlock and upgrade various Area Bonuses. Like the old Affinity Bonuses (we changed the name to better reflect what those bonuses do), these will affect all the Champions on your roster, but where the former affected all Champions of a single Affinity, Area Bonuses - as the name suggests - will buff all your Champions in specific locations. These include the following:

• Potion Keeps 
  • Ice Golem's Peak
  • Fire Knight's Castle
  • Dragon's Lair
  • Spider's Den
  • Clan Boss Battles (Hydra & Demon Lord)

You can upgrade Area Bonuses in the same way Affinity Bonuses are upgraded. You need Bronze Crests for the first 3 levels, then Silver for Levels 4-6, and finally Gold for the rest. You can use higher Tier Crests in to unlock and upgrade lower Tier bonuses as well, just like with Classic Arena Medals and Affinity Bonuses.

All Area Bonuses apply to the basic Stat of your Champions, and they stack with Affinity Bonuses! So you’ll have a handy buff for Hard Mode Dungeons if you progress in Live Arena.

Miscellaneous

The number of your available Arena Tokens and Keys is now displayed in the Bastion, Game Modes window, Shop, and Inbox. Just tap Key icon above, and you’ll be able to see the full tab.

Rebalance: Champions

i

i

Views
Comments
Mar 29, 2023, 14:1603/29/23
Mar 29, 2023, 15:0303/29/23
11/07/21

This is awesome I'm so excited for live pvp. CVC doesn't cut it anymore! 

Mar 29, 2023, 18:1403/29/23
07/13/20

Live arena looks great but PLEASE make some other content faster. For example instant CB runs, we don't need to see it every day... Or Instant FW fights or let us skip TTA fights directly to the result. 

Mar 30, 2023, 10:3903/30/23
09/28/21

Live PVP ... the game mode that actually makes Hydra ALMOST seem worthwhile. ALMOST!

Mar 30, 2023, 14:0903/30/23
11/19/22

Really hope the live arena times get extended - at least 3 hours instead of just 2. I suspect quite a number of us will struggle to make time for live arena on such restricted opening times.

Mar 30, 2023, 14:1503/30/23
01/27/21

Considering you never managed to fix the points system in classic or the tier system in 3v3, I have zero hope you won't mess this one up too.  Classic should give all of the PvE bonuses to pretty much the entire playerbase.  Quardruple the tiers but have none of the tiers above gold actually add anything to PvE, just better weekly bonuses.  For 3v3, make the tiers proportional to the playerbase with an eye to the number of endgame players.  The tiers in gold in silver shouldn't just be a bit bigger, they should be multitudes bigger.  Not like 2x or 5x, I'm talking a lot bigger.  So yeah, you've never managed to fix either of those two systems and keep screwing over PvE in a PvE game with your pvp economics that you really need to hire someone competent in math to figure out so I don't have any hope for live.  What's the last decent thing put into the game?  Doom tower rotation 2?  It has been over 2 years at the least since you've put in something which was tested even adequately.

Mar 30, 2023, 17:1603/30/23
05/29/19

by reading the description and considering your track record, this has got to be the lamest pvp ever..

Mar 31, 2023, 05:4003/31/23
11/19/22

Btw 5 tokens a day for live arena sounds a little low. If it works well, hopefully this will be increased, too. :)

Mar 31, 2023, 08:0303/31/23
09/14/20

Just my personal opinion.

I do not like PvP...I do not like Classic and I most assuredly find 3vs3 disgusting with its strongly limited number of slots in higher tiers.

I have no doubts that I will hate live PvP...as I have no control with whom I will have to fight...

Frustration level will be verys high...

Mar 31, 2023, 09:5803/31/23
11/19/22

Btw, really like the new loading screen. :)

Mar 31, 2023, 14:0703/31/23
03/31/23

hcem hrať hru rait

Mar 31, 2023, 15:0703/31/23
02/25/19

Oh please get rid of the new arena attack sound. It's so horrific. I have extreme ocd and anxiety disorders. I can't play anymore in the arena. It drives me insane. Please get rid of it. It masks the weapon sounds so you can't hear them. At least give us the choice to disable it. 

Mar 31, 2023, 18:2903/31/23
12/19/19
Quintinar

Considering you never managed to fix the points system in classic or the tier system in 3v3, I have zero hope you won't mess this one up too.  Classic should give all of the PvE bonuses to pretty much the entire playerbase.  Quardruple the tiers but have none of the tiers above gold actually add anything to PvE, just better weekly bonuses.  For 3v3, make the tiers proportional to the playerbase with an eye to the number of endgame players.  The tiers in gold in silver shouldn't just be a bit bigger, they should be multitudes bigger.  Not like 2x or 5x, I'm talking a lot bigger.  So yeah, you've never managed to fix either of those two systems and keep screwing over PvE in a PvE game with your pvp economics that you really need to hire someone competent in math to figure out so I don't have any hope for live.  What's the last decent thing put into the game?  Doom tower rotation 2?  It has been over 2 years at the least since you've put in something which was tested even adequately.

How is the points system broken in classic? The only thing broken is how easy it is for anyone now?

The tiers in Tag are intended to be tight, I agree they should be gradually increased over time but lets not make it like classic where you its too easy.

Neither of the above 2 have any impact on PvE.

The best things added are hydra, tag, soulstone currency imo.  Unless you are stuck in midgame still lots of new stuff added successfully.

My only concern with LA is time required (tbd) and game crashes (still happens in tag to me)

Mar 31, 2023, 18:3103/31/23
12/19/19
Matrim

Just my personal opinion.

I do not like PvP...I do not like Classic and I most assuredly find 3vs3 disgusting with its strongly limited number of slots in higher tiers.

I have no doubts that I will hate live PvP...as I have no control with whom I will have to fight...

Frustration level will be verys high...

I think the drafting strategy is potentially the best part.  

Mar 31, 2023, 20:3603/31/23
03/25/19

When will we get more champion and artifact spaces?

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 1, 2023, 05:3804/01/23
02/24/19
1800 Shards no Gnut

When will we get more champion and artifact spaces?

Neither of those things are on the docket, as far as I know.

Have you already filled the new-ish Reserve Vault? 0_0 Personally I haven't even started expanding it yet.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 1, 2023, 05:3904/01/23
02/24/19
Trips

I think the drafting strategy is potentially the best part.  

I am interested in seeing how it will play out, and how live arena changes the meta, as well as how it evolves from here.

Apr 1, 2023, 15:5304/01/23
01/15/21

I will wait and see if it is decent but think daily tasks already take too long and we need these to be streamlined if adding daily tasks. I am going to take a guess these will be added to advanced quests to force participation 

Apr 1, 2023, 22:1104/01/23
Apr 1, 2023, 22:11(edited)
01/27/21
Trips

How is the points system broken in classic? The only thing broken is how easy it is for anyone now?

The tiers in Tag are intended to be tight, I agree they should be gradually increased over time but lets not make it like classic where you its too easy.

Neither of the above 2 have any impact on PvE.

The best things added are hydra, tag, soulstone currency imo.  Unless you are stuck in midgame still lots of new stuff added successfully.

My only concern with LA is time required (tbd) and game crashes (still happens in tag to me)

How is the points system broken in classic?  - The only reason the system isn't collapsing is because a lot of us are putting in 1 person defenses to give others wins.  How is that not broken?  How do you not think the great hall has an impact in PvE?  You do realize they give you a massive stat boost right? Same for your arena tier.

Disagree completely on hydra being good.  It is an RNG mess.  More random does not equal more interesting or harder.  Tag was prior to 2 years ago.  It has been in the game longer than I've been playing.  And we will just have to disagree on soulstone currency being good.

Apr 3, 2023, 08:2704/03/23
06/20/17

A newer unnecessary one refreshing !!! 

Apr 3, 2023, 09:3804/03/23
08/03/21

New update okay cool, something else to do. 

But, I'll never understand why I have to play the PvP section of a game to get benefits for the PvE section.

Makes no sense to me at all. If anything, it's the other way around, you dungeon crawl to be able to compete with others (assuming that's what you're into).

I've never really been big on PvP in any game (much less this one), why force this on your player base. The first time (classic arena) fine, you didn't know better. With all the metrics, data and bla bla you gather, was this really the best course of action, or are you forcing/manipulating/strongly advising/ensuring (whatever terminology you want to use) people play the new content to justify adding it to your board of investors ?

1 step forward and 2 steps backward and to left field, nothing is ever straight forward with updates in this game