All Categories

Update 6.50 Highlights

Update 6.50 Highlights

The upcoming Update 6.50 for Raid: Shadow Legends won’t be introducing any grand features, but it does bring some important balance changes that will concern both Champions and some Blessings. Take a look at the tables presented below if you want to get an early idea of what you can expect.

On top of that, we have several new Champions to introduce. Read on if you want to find out more!

Rebalance: Blessings

It would be impossible to underestimate the impact Blessings have on the overall game balance of Raid: Shadow Legends. And just like every other element of that balance, Blessings need to be monitored and tweaked when something does not work as smoothly as intended. After going through player feedback and plenty of data, we’ve identified several Blessings that needed to be adjusted to bring them all in line and ensure some choices are not inherently better than others, no matter which Champion gets them.

As you can see in the tables below, Brimstone and Phantom Touch were the primary culprits; these two Blessings, in particular, became a no-brainer choice because of the benefits they provided even on Awakening Level 1. Naturally, we have never intended to limit variety like that. After the rework, both Brimstone and Phantom Touch will retain their potency, but now it will develop more smoothly and require higher Awakening Levels. Phantom Touch will deal slightly less damage than before, but it was rather overpowered compared to all alternatives.

On top of that, we’ve buffed 9 other Blessings to increase their power and give you guys more awesome options to choose from. It won’t be the last balance patch as far as Blessings are concerned, so please leave your feedback on the changes and thoughts on the balance of this feature overall - we’ll be reviewing it all! 

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

Rebalance: Champions

i

i

New Champions

i

i

i

i

Views
Comments
Feb 7, 2023, 13:0802/07/23
Feb 7, 2023, 13:3802/07/23
Feb 7, 2023, 13:38(edited)
01/15/21

Worst update i have seen in nearly three years as a player.

Why not be honest and just say blessings are now for krakens only?

Feb 7, 2023, 13:5102/07/23
10/13/22

This is an update that only hurts new players (phantom touch) and reward krakens (brimstone) in hopes you will buy more from Plarium. Not even touching the one blessing that needed it (sheep) and buffing completely useless blessings (poison and burn).

The updates from Plarium just keep getting worse and worse for the average player, they're getting so out of touch with the playerbase. Nerfing rewards, higher reqs for rewards and don't get me started on Plarium coins that hardly anyone wants.

Be better Plarium. Year of the PvP is NOT Plarium vs Players 

Feb 7, 2023, 14:0802/07/23
08/23/20

The poison one is useless if it stays as arena only. If it was available for all areas of the game, I would use it, but I never use poison in arena. I've rarely seen anyone using poison in the arena. 

Feb 7, 2023, 14:2602/07/23
10/05/19

The Champion buffs are good, but that is the only thing about this patch that is done right. The blessings are a joke. Nerfing the ones that helps F2P and new players, saying this system is for krakens and high spenders. And the buffs to the ones that are usless and will remain usless. 

Feb 7, 2023, 14:3702/07/23
10/19/20

Well this is a PR disaster in the making.

Let's take Brimstone on my Helicath for an example, after months of farming the Twins I have his Blessing at 3, which is now utterly useless as it requires ACC to land. I cannot build Heli with 500 ACC & have him still capable of doing his job so all that effort was wasted. The other useful blessings have also been nerfed while the useless ones (poison/HP burn in arena, really?) are still useless.

This rebalance should be canned and at the absolute minimum a rebalance should give players the option of a free respec/refund of expended in game resources.

Feb 7, 2023, 15:0702/07/23
11/06/19

What a crappy update. Greedium just spitted into our faces.

GreenKnightCommunity Manager
Feb 7, 2023, 15:2502/07/23
04/06/20

Hello

The poison one is useless if it stays as arena only. If it was available for all areas of the game, I would use it, but I never use poison in arena. I've rarely seen anyone using poison in the arena.  
This is an update that only hurts new players (phantom touch) and reward krakens (brimstone) in hopes you will buy more from Plarium. Not even touching the one blessing that needed it (sheep) and buffing completely useless blessings (poison and burn). 

Poison and burn are unpopular debuffs on Arena because they lack immediate impact on the battle, and so these blessings are meant to boost their impact and add more variety to the Arena tactics and viable champions. Sadly it is easier said than done, so we are continuously working on game balance to improve the game.

Feb 7, 2023, 15:5802/07/23
03/05/20
GreenKnight

Hello

Poison and burn are unpopular debuffs on Arena because they lack immediate impact on the battle, and so these blessings are meant to boost their impact and add more variety to the Arena tactics and viable champions. Sadly it is easier said than done, so we are continuously working on game balance to improve the game.

you dont play the game so you are going to say something like that. who has time to setup poisons in the arena when you are supposed to win asap? if you guys actually played or took feedback instead of just focusing on profits and whatever else it is that you do. game would be so much better

Feb 7, 2023, 16:0002/07/23
03/17/21
GreenKnight

Hello

Hi there! 

i have a couple ideas might be worth a thought with changes for blessing.

1. Give Posion / hpburn a % stat multi in pvp

2. Give both a flat dmg minimum for pvp 

•  Spread Posion /Burn onto others on tick % chance? 

3. chance to instantly detonate if applied in pvp

Feb 7, 2023, 16:0202/07/23
03/05/20

what's next? sets will require acc now too? 

Feb 7, 2023, 16:2102/07/23
Feb 7, 2023, 16:23(edited)
08/23/22
GreenKnight

Hello

No, it's not easier said than done. 

Rework the blessings that need to be reworked WITHOUT punishing players by nerfing the helpful blessings. We've spent months farming and developing our blessings, only to be slapped in the face by this update. 

We all noticed how the only "rebalancing" done was nerfing lower level blessings to punish new, f2p, and low spend players. It's blatant. Just call it was it is, "We never intended f2p/low spend accounts to benefit so greatly from blessings. These were meant to encourage revenue and reward high spenders. For that reason, we need to nerf lower level blessings."

We spend *a lot* of time and money on this game. The least Playrium can do is listen to their player base: leave the helpful blessings alone, rework the useless ones. 

We tirelessly built our arena champs for speed/accuracy.

You want to get poison into arena meta? Introduce a speed/poison gear set, ignore res/poison gear set,  or an acc/poison gearset. Introduce special effect accessories that have a chance to place poison debuff each time their turn meter is decreased or each time they get hit with a Crit. 

Introduce fast champs who manipulate turn meter based on their poison damage, or who get faster for each poison debuff placed. Strippers who steal buffs then replace those buffs with poison. Tanks who absorb damage based on the number of poison debuffs each ally has or based on the number of poison debuffs the enemy team has. Etcetera whatever...  Get creative.

Just stop nerfing the stuff that works. 

Feb 7, 2023, 16:3302/07/23
Feb 7, 2023, 16:34(edited)
03/21/21
GreenKnight

Hello

Do you even watch your statistics of game and so one? Have you checked you plat arena blessings? Whats the point of working if all still use sheep.

Strats my...

And rest...

Destroy any usefull blessing everyone used...

Well maybe thats better. Will need less focus for iron twins and all awaikening system even more!

Feb 7, 2023, 16:4502/07/23
01/11/20
GreenKnight

Hello

Without a champion like say, Zavia, in the rotation to immediatly detonate them (and who would likely already be setup to do massive damage beside that anyway) - they will still be at best a joke or certain meme builds compared to either A: a team that straight up nukes the enemy, or B: a team that just will not die and would likely still cancel out even this buffed version of damage from those skills. At which point - it is more economical to simply invest in making whatever champion you have that hit's like a freight train as your arena nuker - and save the poisoner and HP burn for PvE content where things shrug off hits even from some of the hardest hitters (disconunting Max HP ones), but where HP burn and Poison is king. Poison and HP burn will in all likelihood never be a thing in PvP where it's basically 'who hits first wins', outside of lower tiers with UDK teams, adn where that's still not really gonna help. 

Which also on that note - you are screwing over the majority of the playerbase with the frankly unwarranted changes to Brimstone as opposed to oh say - something that murders everything instantly when they hit a certain HP%. For starters your before/after for it is misleading - there is no stipulation currently that after the first hit the debuff vanishes that is only in the change you want to make. It's useful agaisnt bosses, sometimes also in PvP - but it's a 4 turn CD and if it lands on something that only uses an A1, or an enemy that gets CC'd - it's a usueless debuff. And not needing ACC, meant that champions who don't need ACC as much or are built in a maner they aren't worrying about it as it's not a focus, could use it. And those two hits - when things actually timed out and no CC was in play and all - decent damage though still 2 turns to do half what most build Coldheart to do in 1 on a similar CD. So unless the fact you forgot to say anything about cooldown means your removing it - it's 4 turns for a lower chance, that now requires ACC, can be blocked and removed by anyone not lucky enough to have a 6 star, and that even then, is also now doing less damage, to which I will also remind you that especially for the difficulty level, the requirements, and sheer resources needed to get souls ON TOP OF RNG IN THE SHOP to get the ones you need, if you don't pull one from a shard, the rewards in Iron Twins are hilariously lacking - and don't give me any of this 'but you can get stuff outside that' - because unless it's a fusion were going for, a lot of us have to skip those events, to save resources, to have them when you guys finally put out a fusion we need/want - because you people have kept dialing up the difficulty of them, even if the champion is inferior or a lower rarity to previous ones, so taht those of us without a ton of dispossable income have almost no ability to get it outside of save everything we can and in some cases cause RNG along with even timing was awful - being forced to use RSL helper to run the game for 24-36 hours, of not more, at a time, to get everything done.

You wanna change the % chance to land on this and Phantom Touch - fine, leave the rest of those 2 blesings alone. You wanna make the poison one and HP burn one useful - accept the fact that they will never be anything more than a possible super niche thing in PvP, and focus them where they will actually do some good - PvE, or generalized to work in both. But mucking up blessings in a manner that benefits the high spenders and screws the rest of us, making fusions constantly more insanely difficult to do regardless of how good or what rarity the champion is, and some of this other rookie nonsense - this is how you get general playrs to not spend money and push them to being free to play instead of spending the 5, 10, 20 bucks they can free up and would otherwise do so - if they weren't ticked off at you for screwing them again. 

Feb 7, 2023, 17:3802/07/23

Garbage is still garbage.

Feb 7, 2023, 17:4902/07/23
GreenKnight

Hello

Just asking from yourself, why unpopular ? Because useless. No matter how percent plus poison landed. Thats why i wrote before. Garbage is still garbage. Plarium did a useless blessing for playerbase with a motto "Here is nothing, hold it tight. " Better would be change those blessings instead of fixing the nothing.

Feb 7, 2023, 18:2102/07/23
Feb 7, 2023, 18:28(edited)
06/30/21

I'd like to thank you plarium for making it clear ONCE again that you wanna have a P2W game and aint gonna help your low or no spenders at all because making one step forward and fifty back isnt good math to me...

What's the point making a blessing to actually help the playerbase and after 2 or 3 months taking that help away, doesn't make any sense to me, unless it's all about the GREEN! 

[SNIP]

P.S Thanks again for ruinning the last drops of fun we have in here.

Sad part is that today i actually wanted to convince some mates to join but after this........meh

Edited by your Mod Team

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 7, 2023, 18:2802/07/23
12/30/20
Deleted

Garbage is still garbage.

Please try to be constructive with your feedback, if you would.  

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 7, 2023, 18:2902/07/23
02/24/19
Zarathrion

I'd like to thank you plarium for making it clear ONCE again that you wanna have a P2W game and aint gonna help your low or no spenders at all because making one step forward and fifty back isnt good math to me...

What's the point making a blessing to actually help the playerbase and after 2 or 3 months taking that help away, doesn't make any sense to me, unless it's all about the GREEN! 

[SNIP]

P.S Thanks again for ruinning the last drops of fun we have in here.

Sad part is that today i actually wanted to convince some mates to join but after this........meh

Edited by your Mod Team

Do not resort to personal attacks on employees. Thank you for your feedback.

Feb 7, 2023, 18:3102/07/23
01/02/21

Brimstone and phantom touch were the most popular blessings because the others have absolutely no use in the game.  You could have buffed others to make them desirable to use but you chose to make the good things worse for the sake of balance.  

Yet another update that has made the game objectively worse.  

Feb 7, 2023, 18:3202/07/23
03/06/20

As a "whale/kraken" I would say that I am frankly not surprised given this company's track record. I believe this is a terrible decision which was obviously poorly thought out, and even more poorly executed. Not understanding the fundamental aspects of this game and where players use skills is apparent. Poison and HP burn have little to no place in arena, and the utility of these debuffs will not be increased by this minor tweak. These will never be meta. Show me one platinum or upper Gold 5 player using an HP burn team or poison team effectively to push into platinum arena. 

The tendency of this organization to perform unwarranted "nerfs" to effectively limit the ability for success of low-spend and F2P accounts is not an effective marketing strategy. If the ultimate goal is not to ostracize the newer players, the way to get them to spend on this game is not to remove resources that have been very hard to come by. This will dissolve the trust of your player base, and have the opposite effect, which is to make players less likely to spend, because what if after the next 2 month grind, their effort ends up getting stripped away in the name of a "rebalancing" meant only to limit progression in PVE content. 

This game is essentially a gambling system meant to incentivize further monetary investment into your product, and by removing resources that have been unneccessarily tedious to procure (i.e. the waste of time that is the Iron Twins content, due to the incredibly low drop rate of even the most basic resources at the highest level), coupled with the exceptionally low chance of actually netting a useful "soul" from the market, is honestly laughable. Farming the Iron Twins at the top level for a week and draining gems (which is another absoultely ridiculous way to add keys) will maybe net you enough soulstones to pull 15 rare 2 stars. Yay. You can then sell them for an even more useless resouce, with a "market" that is as useless as the other "markets" in the game. I have an entire inventory of 6 star legendary gear. Why does the Bastion market give me options to buy 3 star common gear? On what planet does this make sense? It is truly comical.

I do not even try to push for platinum arena anymore, and this has nothing to do with phantom touch or brimstone blessings. The addition of polymorph has made upper level arena almost unplayable. Two teams "sheeping" each other for 5 minutes is not enjoyable. The removal of the majority of the benefit of these two highly utilized blessings (BS+FT) as well as the massive community backlash from the poor implementation of this nerf should be enough of a message to your leadership to understand this should not be rolled out into production servers. 

Being given something, to then have it taken away after investing resources is possibly the most frustrating and largest mistake this company makes, and the list of instances demonstrating the ineffectiveness of this company at reading it's customer base isn't exactly short. This will lose players, and this will cost your company profit.  I have been a player now for over 4 years, and have been a paying player since I started.  If this is rolled out the way it is planned, I will be strongly considering not spending any more on this game.

Having every prominent content creator unanimously object to this plan should be enough of a message, but like almost everything else, this appears to fall on deaf ears at Plarium HQ.