All Categories

Summer Trials Homepage Fix

Summer Trials Homepage Fix

Summer trials are already past the halftime point, and, as many of you have noticed, the progress seems to be a bit slow to finish most of the milestones on time. However, that might not be the case.

Let me explain in more detail. When creating the milestones, we used our statistical data to make sure that they are attainable, so, having noticed that the progress in the Trials has been kind of sluggish, we started looking into possible issues. We double-checked the numbers on the server, compared them with those on the counter, and discovered a significant difference between the two.

So what actually happened? The system that dispatches points from server data to the page with the counter became overwhelmed by the new data almost right from the start of the activity, so a hefty number of points got stuck in a buffer, waiting to be counted. 

What happens next? We are preparing a patch that should greatly increase the amount of data the system can process, so all the points will start counting much faster. Meanwhile, the progress bars on the web-page might freeze for a couple of days or so. After the patch is active, it should help the system to work through all the buffered data in no time before returning to the steady pace of the actual activity speed.

Important note, the number of points might still be insufficient to reach the milestones, we are only increasing the speed of the point calculation process, so hurry up with your contribution to the total tally.

Sorry for the temporary inconvenience. This is a new format for us, and, sadly, technical mishaps can occur. Thank you for your reports on the issue, and suggestions for future events. Let the fog of battle disperse and see how far we are from victory.

Views
Comments
Aug 5, 2022, 15:1408/05/22
Aug 5, 2022, 15:2408/05/22
01/30/22

waw

Aug 5, 2022, 16:2508/05/22
Aug 5, 2022, 16:31(edited)
08/03/22

a bit sussy wussy if you ask me

Aug 5, 2022, 16:3808/05/22
Aug 5, 2022, 17:04(edited)
04/27/22

Amazing how the numbers were wrong all this time, and you've just released a £25.99 pack to help us get it finished. What are the odds...

Dear Plarium. We know what you're doing. We see it. 

If you want a strong community then base it on trust, perhaps say "Trials didn't go as we planned. We hear the community and will make changes in the future". Anything but this "Whoops, our bad, spend some more please" is just insulting. 

You obviously have people working at Plarium who think that the community is not smart enough to see this. You are wrong. There'll always be whales sure... but there are a lot of us who see what you're doing, and it is negatively affecting any trust in your game and connection with the community. 

Aug 5, 2022, 22:3808/05/22
12/21/19

-0-...

Aug 5, 2022, 23:2108/05/22
07/13/22

Noway this was typed with a straight face. We all know what really happened with this event. 

Aug 6, 2022, 01:4508/06/22
02/25/22

I think you should probably add a "trading" feature, where you could trade: Tomes, Shards, Champions etc, or maybe a Mercy counter? You should probably add new and improved items to the shop for higher levels, like void shards, maybe sacred shards and also can you guys make ancient shards a little more common from the market.

Aug 6, 2022, 12:5708/06/22
07/15/20

in all the people i talked about this summer trials: no one cares about them really... the prizes are not that good to set minds to it.

It depends on everyone else, so, like group works in school: let the others do it is the usual thing

Players have a lot of free time now, because you know, hollydays and such. but the game by this period is really droping: fusion champion is mediocre, summer trials not interesting, forge pass no one talk about it... i think you need a big new idea, like for example:

1-internal clan challenges, where people have ranks and can challenge clanmates - sparring matches for some small prizes and rank positions within the clan itself.

2-do to books same thing you do for potions: 10 rares to an epic, 10 epics to a leggo

3- better market (with decent stuff)

4- do a hyper raids (4 X) or add another speed that can be collected from some quests or bought (farming for 8 hours straight is boring)

5- the faction guardians is not that nice: a new system of trading epics is needed, doesnt matter how difficult it would be.

GreenKnightCommunity Manager
Aug 9, 2022, 12:1208/09/22
04/06/20

Hi

I am here to make a comment on the main concern about this fix, and answer a couple of smaller questions.

If you want a strong community then base it on trust, perhaps say "Trials didn't go as we planned. We hear the community and will make changes in the future". Anything but this "Whoops, our bad, spend some more please" is just insulting.  

I fully understand how it may sound and that whatever I say right now would not change your mind much. However, this is actually what happened. From day one, we saw no change in players' activity. However, we noticed that the numbers on the page are lower than expected. We started double-checking the data and finding out this issue. 

p/s We were fully prepared to lunch an event with one milestone. Still are... 

internal clan challenges, where people have ranks and can challenge clanmates - sparring matches for some small prizes and rank positions within the clan itself. 

We plan more features for a more direct clan v clan and in-clan interactions, but I can't say much more at this stage, sorry.

do to books same thing you do for potions: 10 rares to an epic, 10 epics to a leggo 
do a hyper raids (4 X)  
a new system of trading epics 

For the time being, we do not plan any of these three features. They go against our vision of the game.

Have a good one