All Categories

Update 5.50 Highlights

Update 5.50 Highlights

Greetings, Raiders!

Update 5.50 is due to arrive soon, and we’re here to talk about the changes it brings with our regular Highlights. We won’t have many big features to show off this time, albeit there will be a number of QoL improvements for the Forge and Tag Team Arena, new Champion, and another balance patch to fix up some of the old Champions. Let’s take a closer look!

Forge Improvements

Having gone through the list of requests gathered by our Community and Support Teams, we’ve come up with 4 adjustments to the current Forge UI to make crafting smooth and easy. Here is a full list:

• You will be able to craft 10x Artifacts at the same time. Charms can be used, though they will be applied to all 10 Artifacts you craft. If there are not enough Charms, the game will use as many as are available, and the remaining Artifacts will be crafted without Charms.
  • Crafting animation will become skippable with a tap
  • The game will remember your chosen Artifact Ranks when you switch between different Artifact Sets (or lower it to the highest Rank available if there is a mismatch of open Ranks between different Sets)
  • Advanced Quests will send you to the specific Artifact Set you need to craft in order to complete that Quest

On top of that, we will adjust the chances of obtaining Legendary and Epic Materials in Faction Wars: Legendary Materials will get a lower drop rate, but the drop of Epic Materials will rise by the same margin. We do this to preserve the overall reward balance in Faction Wars Crypts while also addressing the issue of many players lacking Epic Materials for crafting.

Tag Team Arena Tiers Expansion

Another good news is that we’ll significantly expand the size of Tag Team Arena Tiers and make it easier to reach Silver or Gold and stay there. PvP remains a major focus in Raid, and we’ve noticed many players asked for this over time. So we’re happy to oblige! You can see the new Tier limits below.

Bronze II: 100000

Bronze III: 70000

Bronze IV: 50000

Silver I: 30000

Silver II: 25000

Silver III: 20000

Silver IV: 15000

Gold I: 7000

Gold II: 4500

Gold III: 3000

Gold IV: 2500

Turn Limit Counter

Update 5.50 will introduce Turn Limit counter and notifications. You’ll see both the current turn, and the maximum number of turns available in Doom Tower Battles. For everything else, you’ll get the Max number of Turns displayed once you begin approaching that limit. 

Upon reaching a particularly high number of turns, you’ll also get a notification informing you that you are running out of time. Finally, the game will pause and give you one last notification when you only have a few turns left (unless it’s a Demon Lord or Hydra Battle, or you’re running Multibattles - then there will be no pause). You’ll also get a text notification on the Battle Results screen if the Battle ended because turns ran out - also keep in mind that you will lose the Battle if that happens.

Champion Balance

i

i

i

i

i

Views
Comments
May 6, 2022, 11:5605/06/22
May 6, 2022, 13:5105/06/22
09/19/19

thank you for the fix in Tag Team Arena Tiers . i really don't care for Tag Team Arena. but this mite make it enjoy able

May 6, 2022, 13:5605/06/22
11/12/20

This is a very good update! This will make the game overall better.  This is the stuff we all want! Thanks Plarium!

May 6, 2022, 15:1505/06/22
05/20/20

Well, I guess... tag makes it sort of better, I admit. What about separate storage for faction guardians? 

May 6, 2022, 15:2105/06/22
04/26/20

The Tag Team Gold and tier expansion looks helpful! Reach Gold 1 is my Only mission left that I haven't already completed. (All following missions have been locked behind it for months.)

May 6, 2022, 16:0205/06/22
05/29/19

all these changes are welcome and in the right direction. keep it up!

there's tons of champs waiting for some extra love..

May 6, 2022, 17:3605/06/22
01/27/21

We asked for 3v3 fixes for almost a year and you only do this?  What an incredibly disappointing attempt.  First off there is zero reason not to equalize the tiers.  If you are dead-set on having .01% of the playerbase in Gold 4, then create a bell-curve with most of the players in silver.  This is like adding one lane to a 10-lane highway when traffic has doubled.  It isn't remotely close to enough.  I really was giving you the benefit of the doubt on this one and I've almost never given you the benefit of the doubt but this is just horrendously disappointing.

May 6, 2022, 18:5205/06/22
04/25/20

Hell yeah!  Doubling the size of 3v3 brackets is amazing.  

Still won't use any of the epics post change though, unfortunately.  Other rares or epics have better versions of the same skills.

• Doompriest > Woad Painted
  • Marked > Frost Bringer
  • Ult Galek or Venomage > Kallia
  • Lua > Necrohunter

Still, moving in the right direction!

May 6, 2022, 19:5305/06/22
12/19/19
Quintinar

We asked for 3v3 fixes for almost a year and you only do this?  What an incredibly disappointing attempt.  First off there is zero reason not to equalize the tiers.  If you are dead-set on having .01% of the playerbase in Gold 4, then create a bell-curve with most of the players in silver.  This is like adding one lane to a 10-lane highway when traffic has doubled.  It isn't remotely close to enough.  I really was giving you the benefit of the doubt on this one and I've almost never given you the benefit of the doubt but this is just horrendously disappointing.

The increase is significant, more than fair for Tag.  Everything doesn't need to be a participation trophy. The hardest content should require effort. 

May 6, 2022, 19:5605/06/22
12/19/19
DeaD

Hell yeah!  Doubling the size of 3v3 brackets is amazing.  

Still won't use any of the epics post change though, unfortunately.  Other rares or epics have better versions of the same skills.

• Doompriest > Woad Painted
  • Marked > Frost Bringer
  • Ult Galek or Venomage > Kallia
  • Lua > Necrohunter

Still, moving in the right direction!

The woodpainted heal could be OP, I will let others test and find usefulness. If it is too good it will probably be nerfed though, lol.  If someone figures out how to make it work for hydra I will be all in.

Agree the other buffs don't seem to matter. 

May 6, 2022, 21:2105/06/22
May 6, 2022, 21:23(edited)
03/07/19

Turn Limit Counter:

Finally, the game will pause and give you one last notification when you only have a few turns left (unless it’s a Demon Lord or Hydra)...

Why  have  you  not  added  this  feature  to  CB?  I  over  run  CB  keys  constantly  because  I  don't  watch  my  hour  long  keys  run.  Does  Plarium  think  it's  fun  to  have  to  run  a  key  twice  because  of  a  lack  of  paying  attention?

I'd  love  a  pop  up  to  pause  the  key  several  actions  before  the  counter  hits  max.  Lets  get  this  added  to  CB  please  guys.

i

harleQuinnModerator
May 7, 2022, 04:5405/07/22
02/24/19

Lots of good changes here. Nice to see the champion balances/buffs happen with some regularity.

May 7, 2022, 06:4605/07/22
05/08/21

Quintinar

Trips

The increase is significant, more than fair for Tag.  Everything doesn't need to be a participation trophy. The hardest content should require effort.  

-----

My apologies about the formatting.. I could not determine how to do quoting previous messages.

I definitely disagree. This needed to be done and only scratches the surface. The pairing of teams is messed up even further than Arena was. I am trying to reach even Silver I and it constantly matches me up with teams I cannot win 2 out of 3 with. So unless I spend a ton of diamonds to refresh a lot I am lucky to even remain in Bronze IV let alone get to Silver I - I am not a new player and have decent champs but the field is overcrowded with whales.

May 7, 2022, 09:4205/07/22
04/06/22
Ambakkar

Quintinar

Trips

-----

My apologies about the formatting.. I could not determine how to do quoting previous messages.

I definitely disagree. This needed to be done and only scratches the surface. The pairing of teams is messed up even further than Arena was. I am trying to reach even Silver I and it constantly matches me up with teams I cannot win 2 out of 3 with. So unless I spend a ton of diamonds to refresh a lot I am lucky to even remain in Bronze IV let alone get to Silver I - I am not a new player and have decent champs but the field is overcrowded with whales.

I agree with the arena stuff.

My wife and I started playing at the same time, im able to climb ranks much faster than she can, but thats only because of the amount of teams that are stacked that show up in her bronze groups.

Shes only in broze 3 and is stuggling to get any where. I am in silver 3 and hit a wall, gaps in my power vs other teams are near double mine currently and I only have 70k power atm.

May 7, 2022, 18:3105/07/22
10/08/18

Nothing about the Tag Arena Missions.  They are currently roadblocked and will still be roadblocked after this update.  Between silver II and gold IV only 40,000 players are currently allowed.  This will increase to 80,000 after the update.  The best players in the game fill those tiers and they aren't going anywhere.  To have missions that hundreds of thousands of players are trying to complete, that the game only allows a few thousand to obtain, doesn't make sense.  Plarium, PLEASE look at updating the missions.

May 8, 2022, 03:1705/08/22
05/08/21

I couldn't agree more. I understand that it's supposed to be difficult, and I don't want it handed to me. But if I can't even get close constantly playing and trying it feels way too much like beating my head against the wall. 

After doing that for a while, your head just.. hurts. It should be reasonably achievable and right now it's not even close to that. I second that.. Plarium, PLEASE look at this!! With my champs, I should be able to at LEAST get to silver!

May 11, 2022, 23:5405/11/22
05/28/19

I have been blocked by 3v3 advancement for months, and I had given up hope of ever making progress again. Maybe now I can move ahead. The game needs to expand and these groups need to grow as the player base grows.