All Categories

Patch Notes (24.11.21) Update 4.90

Patch Notes (24.11.21) Update 4.90

The Guardian Ring and some other fixes!

This update brings a few miscellaneous battle fixes, but the real focus of this update is the Guardian Ring - which gives everyone new ways to use duplicate Champions. Here’s everything you need to know:

i

The Guardian Ring is a new building that replaces the Sparring Pit in your Bastion, but don’t worry - the Sparring Pit’s hasn’t been lost entirely. In the Guardian Ring, you can:

• Level up your Champions passively without needing to Battle.
  • Assign Faction Guardians to give all Champions of that Rarity within that Faction a global stats boost.
  • Empower duplicate Legendary Champions to make them even stronger.
  • Unbind duplicate Legendary Champions to get Life Tokens, then exchange those Life Tokens for new Champions at the Token Trader.

Read below for a full tab-by-tab breakdown of how everything works:

Sparring Pit

We moved the old Sparring Pit building into the first tab of the Guardian Ring. Nothing’s changed here, so you can still passively upgrade your Champions’ Levels. Just insert Champions into the Slots, then wait as they slowly gain XP over time. Then, when they’ve gained enough XP and are ready to level up, you just press the upgrade button to level up.

Faction Guardians

The Faction Guardians tab lets you assign duplicate Champions of different Rarities to become Faction Guardians. This means they’ll boost the stats of all Champions of the same Rarity in a chosen Faction. Only Rare, Epic, and Legendary Champions can become Faction Guardians.

There are 5 Guardian Chambers of each Rarity in every Faction - with 2 Slots that need to be filled in each. Filling each Chamber provides a global stat bonus to all Champions of the same Rarity in that Faction. Similar to Great Hall Bonuses, these stat boosts are active in every battle. 

Chambers are unlocked and filled in order, and each subsequent Chamber provides a different boost, but each boost adds to the total stats boost gained throughout that group of Faction Guardians.

If you remove a Champion from one of the Slots in a Chamber, the bonus from that Chamber will be deactivated, along with all bonuses from higher-positioned Chambers.

Empower Champions

Duplicate Legendary Champions can be Empowered using their own duplicates - meaning another of the same Champion. Empowering Champions makes them significantly stronger by giving them a permanent Stats boost.

Only Legendary Champions can be Empowered, and you can only Empower a Champion up to 4 times. Once you use a Champion to Empower another, you lose them - so think carefully before you decide to Empower a Champion.

Some Champions in RAID are only available to obtain once, and as such, you will be unable to get duplicates of them. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t Empower them.

In the case of those Champions, there are surrogate Champions that you can use to Empower them. Lydia the Deathsiren, Gomlok Skyhide, and Urost the Soulcage are all examples of these Champions.

You can find a list of these Champions by hitting the Info icon in the “Empower Champions” tab.

Unbind Champions

In this tab, you’ll be able to permanently release your Legendary duplicates to get a special resource called Life Tokens.

You can then exchange those Life Tokens at the Token Trader for new Legendary Champions. Note: Each Champion can be purchased only once from the Token Trader.

Bommal the Dreadhorn rebalance

[Skill 5 – Pressure Wave [P]]

• The Dreadhorn now receives 300% more damage from [Bomb] debuffs instead of 200%.
  • Decreased the chance of placing a [Stun] debuff from 50% to 25% on all other enemies for 1 turn each time a [Bomb] debuff detonates on an enemy.
  • Decreased Bommal’s ACC and SPD on Floors 10, 50, and 90 on Normal difficulty.
  • Decreased Bommal’s ACC and SPD on Floor 10 on Hard difficulty.

Battle fixes

• The Scarab King’s bar indicating decreased MAX HP now displays properly after Saito (equipped with a Destroy Artifact Set) attacks the Boss.
  • Fixed the animation when Champions with AoE Turn Meter decreases attack Bommal the Dreadhorn.
  • Fixed a bug that made it impossible to select certain Champions for revival.
  • We've renamed a couple of existing Champions to better accommodate future releases: Stoneskin is now called Rockbeast, while Sharpshooter is now called Drillmaster.

Important notice: Hydra is already lurking in the next big update and will require three unique teams of 6 Champions to make good use of all three available keys. Please keep this in mind when you use Champion Empowerment or exchange Champions for Life Tokens. 

Raiders, we've sent you an appreciation gift: 500 Life Tokens! You'll have 7 days to claim it. Collect the gift before it expires! 

That’s everything! We’re really excited to hear what you think of these changes? Share your thoughts.

Views
Comments
Nov 24, 2021, 14:1911/24/21
Nov 25, 2021, 02:2611/25/21
09/17/20

i have to agree with HH - you need to disable the lego power up bonus for arena or the game will get unplayable. If you use it on some PVE content, that's OK. That may allow you to add more extreme pve content for the whales and krakons. But you'll have to have that content in mind at some point. The stuff for rares and epics seems decent. The cost of the legos in the token trader is either too high, or there has to be some other way to get tokens for reasonable players. IF it's only for folks in the top tier CVC for example which most of us will never see, it won't help. Even the epic book in CVC seems out of reach for me, my clan can't get to a level to ever get one of those apparently.  So some of these ideas are OK but they seemed aimed at the very folks that don't need them any more, not the ones that might make use of them. I have no duplicate Legos and don't expect to likely ever have more than one or two, so the 'free 500 points' is a bit of a joke also. Sort of like a fragment I get for a champ I'll never be able to get the rest of the fragments for that sits in my account inventory useless forever. 

Nov 25, 2021, 02:2711/25/21
05/29/19

I'm one of the few remaining players who have been playing since the beginning. I've seen you crippling this game again and again. this update is one of your biggest mistakes thus far. I'm too bored and tired to explain why. you're truly hopeless.

Nov 25, 2021, 02:2911/25/21
09/28/21

Those life tokens are a ripoff, they should be WAAAY cheaper, No one but the biggest whales can afford them and they already have those champions. Plus the whole guardian ring and empowerment just destroyed the game and pvp aspect for everyone but the biggest spenders. I know you guys primarily care about the big spenders, but alot of money and praise/support comes from players like me who can only afford to spend a couple hundred dollars every month or two, you really should make things better for us, we'd really appreciate it and spread the word. Polls of have showed the vast majority of players would have rathered a sacred shard over the coins, a real generous thing you could have done for thanksgiving or christmas that would have made the community happy beyond belief and incredibly grateful would have been giving every player 1 legendary champion from a small list you guys chose, or give them the remaining fragments they need for a legendary champion they have the most of, like Vlad the nightborn.

Nov 25, 2021, 02:4911/25/21
02/20/17

as a FTP player, I dont normally feel like I have the right to complain about what you do with the game: HOWEVER, in this case I am going to add my 2 cents worth!!  I have been a gamer for more years than YOU all have been alive!!  I started way back in 1972 with the original pac man and then as DM for ny son's D&D group.  I have been searching for a game that will let me play at least somewhat similar to the ORIGINAL D&D!!  I actually thought that I had found it here - I could play JUST PVE and not have to PVP to get ahead!!  NOW that is no longer the case.  You can only take your champions so far in PVE then you HAVE to switch to PVP - SO what you say??  I HATE PVP and I REFUSE to play it, so good bye game!! You just ran off another who COULD have been a loyal member for a long time!!  I have only been here for about 6 months, have worked my way up to 15 champions (5 Lego and 10 epic) and now NONE of them are any good ot me in the arena. as I get my fanny kicked by players (OBVIOUSLY NOT FTP) who are up to 40 points below me!~!  If you think that "INSPIRES" me to do better you are dead wrong!!  It just plain pisses my off!!  

SO I will go back to seach mode and find a game that I can PLAY and ENJOY (I still like Star Wars so may need to ge back to it!!  LOL

Sayonara

Nov 25, 2021, 03:1411/25/21
03/26/18

I guess that you guys are changing the game from "Free to Play" to "Can't play without money".  By my count there are 145 legendary champions (approximately). I am level 69 and I still only have 11 legendary champions. That means I have less than 1/12th of the available legendary champions. Do you really think that I am in a position to do any "unbinding" or "empowering"?  These "improvements" in the game are only for those who spend the money to get enough legendary champions to have numerous multiples. Multiples of 4? Multiples of 5? Who but those who spend a lot of $ on the game will ever have enough legendary champions to be able to unbind enough to buy one of the ones available.  I am awed by the gall it takes to pass this "update" off as some sort of positive improvement. It is rather an insult to anyone who started this game taking you at your word that it was a "Free to Play" and that all of the aspects of the game would be available. What an obvious betrayal.

Nov 25, 2021, 09:4411/25/21
04/14/19

It's great that there are indicators on the champs in the Tavern to show which ones you have set as faction guardians, but please can you include these indicators in the inventory too?

Nov 25, 2021, 17:0811/25/21
10/22/21

Where do i start..

1) Faction guards, nice idea but really bad for space, there's no point upgrading the champions anymore, they shouldn't be in my inventory and take space or at least make it clear which ones the assigned ones are(only in tavern currently)  so i can move them to vault.

2) Empower champions, only legendary champions?? I'm a low spender and been playing for several months, got 3 legos including ninja which i got for free, how often do you summon a lego? how many shards can you get from a x2 event to another without having proper champs for a cb team? far too valuable to "empower anything".

3) unbind champions, again, why only legendary champs? and what is up with those prices? sacrifice 5 to get the cheapest one? 8 for the most expensive? the most i'd do is give 2 for one.

Overall this is an update for end game players and spenders, and in the video you were on about how can i improve the game for players, true, did not specify which players, basically, Plarium, you fucked it up, take it all back, delete the patch and dismiss the one that approved it.

Nov 25, 2021, 21:1611/25/21
01/04/20
HoldjurApplaws

as a FTP player, I dont normally feel like I have the right to complain about what you do with the game: HOWEVER, in this case I am going to add my 2 cents worth!!  I have been a gamer for more years than YOU all have been alive!!  I started way back in 1972 with the original pac man and then as DM for ny son's D&D group.  I have been searching for a game that will let me play at least somewhat similar to the ORIGINAL D&D!!  I actually thought that I had found it here - I could play JUST PVE and not have to PVP to get ahead!!  NOW that is no longer the case.  You can only take your champions so far in PVE then you HAVE to switch to PVP - SO what you say??  I HATE PVP and I REFUSE to play it, so good bye game!! You just ran off another who COULD have been a loyal member for a long time!!  I have only been here for about 6 months, have worked my way up to 15 champions (5 Lego and 10 epic) and now NONE of them are any good ot me in the arena. as I get my fanny kicked by players (OBVIOUSLY NOT FTP) who are up to 40 points below me!~!  If you think that "INSPIRES" me to do better you are dead wrong!!  It just plain pisses my off!!  

SO I will go back to seach mode and find a game that I can PLAY and ENJOY (I still like Star Wars so may need to ge back to it!!  LOL

Sayonara

I think I can guarantee that no one you're fighting is using empowered champions. Team power is based off your substats. Lower power teams with speed leads are often speed teams with one nuker, which will spank you if you aren't prepared to counter it. I'm a whale in g4 and I've barely run into any empowered champs and then one I remember seeing was a +4 Trunda and I smoked her team because I was able to counter the turn meter booster. This change won't affect you for a long, long time. 

Dec 20, 2021, 01:0912/20/21
12/02/21
SlabakBG

Not really happy with this dupe system. The only really useful thing in it is the faction guardians. Life tokens? And the 500 gift ones? What a joke. I've been playing for 2+ years and I can't get enough for even one champion in the trader. The rates are insane. And the empowerment? fishing for those whales, now that other games are starting to catch up. If 2022 is going to be PvP year, you'd better scrap that and get back to the drawing board, the empowerment will benefit 0.15% of players and everyone else should just give up on PvP. 

You know what? Remove the player cap on platinum arena and 3v3 arena in general, let everyone get to higher tier and start some ideas on clan v clan activities, not only the grind fest we have 2 weeks

fix more so tiers can be something. don't need to go thru all, things. cut some out,then the games,wont lag...fun game but silly things are still happenning...I agree w/ the  all of the other players...see what you can do ,first.  some levels are too tight... ummm. some gamers know more then nothing to do gamming does the trick.still keep it good.do what you want...but listen to this forum...just thought to try it out...thanks for keeping these types of games,here...if  it looks good... people will try it...more power to you,& crew... all languages,w/respect....non stop...🙂👍🙂