All Categories

Update 4.90 Highlights

Update 4.90 Highlights

Hey, Raiders!

Update 4.90 brings about one of the most important features of recent months - the Guardian Ring. With it, you’ll be able to breathe new life into your duplicate Champions and find a new use for them. We’ve already discussed it in several videos - including a dedicated Feature Preview - so you might have seen the details already if you follow our social media. If not, read on and learn more!

Guardian Ring

Guardian Ring is a new building that will appear in your Bastion and take the place of the Sparring Pit, but worry not - we will not just remove the Sparring Pit, it will be rolled into the Guardian Ring. Upon tapping the building, you’ll see a menu with several tabs:

• Sparring Pit
  • Faction Guardians
  • Empower Champions
  • Unbind Champions
  • Token Trader

We’ll go over them now!

Sparring Pit

Nothing will change about how the Sparring Pit functions. Just insert Champions into empty slots, and they will passively receive XP over time. Just remember to upgrade their Level and replace them with new Champions whenever you need that.

Faction Guardians

Here, you assign duplicate Rare, Epic, and Legendary Champions to become Faction Guardians. This means they’ll boost the stats of all Champions of the same Rarity in a chosen Faction.

Each Faction has 5 Chambers available, and each Chamber has 2 Slots. Each Chamber provides Stat bonuses to all Champions of the Faction to which it belongs and of its respective Rarity - similar to Great Hall Bonuses - but it’s Faction-specific rather than Affinity-Specific. You unlock Chambers in a specific Order by assigning duplicate Champions to them, so you need to fill the first 2 Slots that give you a bonus to HP before you can unlock the Chamber that provided an Attack bonus, and so on. If you remove Champions from a Chamber, that bonus will no longer work, and the next unlocked Chamber bonuses will also be deactivated.

Fortunately, Champions you make into Faction Guardians can still be used in battles, sent to Champion Vault, or upgraded in the Tavern. As long as you don’t get rid of either Champion, you’ll get the bonus. If you want to sacrifice or unbind Faction Guardian Champions, you’ll need to remove them from the Slots first.

Empower Champions

This tab allows you to “feed” your Legendary Champions with their duplicates in order to empower them. You can do this up to 4 times, and each sacrificed dupe will give your Champion a Stat boost. Just don’t forget that you’ll be losing those duplicates forever and think twice before you decide to sacrifice them. Also, Champions who have been fully empowered cannot be used to empower another Champion.

Though you can’t get duplicates of Lydia the Deathsiren, Gomlok Skyhide, Urost the Soulcage, and a few other unique Champions, they are not excluded from this feature. Instead, they each will receive a “surrogate duplicate” from their Faction which can be used to empower them.

Unbind Champions and Token Trader

This feature lets you release - or Unbind as we call it - duplicate Champions from service. You’ll lose that Champion forever, but get a number of Life Tokens in return. These Life Tokens can be used in the Token Trader tab to buy a Legendary Champion from the current list. Most of those Champions were part of Fusion Events in the past, so we wanted to give everyone a chance to get them. These Champions will include Maulie Tankard, Fu-Shan, Tomb Lord, Foli, Minaya, and even the jolly Sir Nicholas. 

i

i

i

i

i

Views
Comments
Nov 22, 2021, 15:3011/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 20:5611/22/21
01/09/21

Aaaand Plarium did it again. Sugarcoating a pile of c**p.

Don't get me wrong, the anounced QOL improvements, Hydra, even the Faction Guardians to a certain extent - all good, thank you.

But the two other dupe 'fixes' - geez, seriosuly, you had an idea which wasn't great but could be workable and you turned it into an absolute terrible, riducilous, disgusting whale fiesta with soem broken mechanics. 

I... ... you know what, forget it, you just going to make this worse and worse anyway, so who cares.

Nov 22, 2021, 21:1711/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 21:22(edited)
09/15/19

Well that's great, so I have spent 2 years Playing This game to be constantly pushed back to the ground. Back in the days I could compete in plat now I am barely managing to stay at gold IV.    With these changes I can say bye to that will probably be silver :D.

You have no appreciation of time people put to this game, true I am not high spender, paid maybe 500 USD in total in two years but for what ? For constantly being reminded it's not good enough to constantly been pushed back that I am not keeping up with the game. This is poor, you have 0 empathy for your player group. 

You know even your whales will leave if there will be noone to compete with :). 

Both systems are totally ridiculous, totally over powered and only oriented in one direction and that is spend more for more Legos and more dups, you think that is enjoyable experience ? and this token thing, man any of you actually play the game ? It any other game for God sake ? This is most ridiculous expensive not even worth it option ever. Not just in this game but across whole industry. Just think about usability of these :D at this price levels.  This is very bitter taste of your greed again and not for a first time. 

What a waste of two years.

Nov 22, 2021, 22:0811/22/21
09/18/21

This is an out of season April Fools' Day right?

Nov 22, 2021, 22:1611/22/21
04/27/20

Hmmm,I wonder... After watching JGigs video it reminded me of Marvel Strikeforce and how they handled it. Curious if Plarium is going to release this as is and then like Marvel, provide a "solution" 6 or 12 months down the line by unlocking Void tower/sky peak or whatever it will be called so we can ever so slowly grind out empowerements. 

Nov 22, 2021, 22:4211/22/21
09/15/19

After almost 3 years of playing raid f2p 100%,with only cupidus and queen eva as my main legendaries (21 legendaries, zero from fusion and fragments all by summoning(except arbiter,rhazin and ninja)...arbiter,drexthar,rhazin,ninja,2 x scyl,cupidus,nethril,q eva,kreela,big un ,norog, ghostborn, lugan, vlad,visix,candraphon,errol,2xwar mother,lady kimi.)I want to ask the developers of this game "whats my life expectancy ?and if in my last day on this earth i will be able to enjoy this game with some decent legendarie.(idk like bad el,valkyrie,vizier,zavia,trunda etc.)"Im really confused, should i wait the last day of my life with the hope i will enjoy the game i love ? or this update you really want to say to us that you hate free players and we should go away. The gap between f2p and p2w its HUGEE and its get bigger as new good champions its released and we never get those or more bad champs increase the pool so we have less and less chances to get some good ones + the insane gear ,so with this update ,thank you plarium you double headshot all f2p players.

Nov 22, 2021, 22:4711/22/21
09/11/20

happy days for CCs , nothing else. more shard pull videos yeah! :D sad to see players quit 

Nov 22, 2021, 23:4911/22/21
10/08/17

Love everything except the token trader (too expensive). Truely look forward to everything coming to Raid  in the near future.....amazing update :)

Nov 23, 2021, 00:5211/23/21
03/30/19

Please let us use garbage legendaries (like the ones you are just about to release) to empower our old legendaries that were released 2+ years ago. Thank you. 

Nov 23, 2021, 01:4011/23/21
Nov 23, 2021, 01:47(edited)
11/17/20

I'm worried empower will break the game. Also the token trader prices are STUPID high. I had high hopes for the dupe system. I guess the flip side of that coin is it's better than nothing... barely. 

Nov 23, 2021, 02:2211/23/21
Nov 23, 2021, 02:30(edited)
06/15/21

YAY!! It's time to hold the pitch forck up. 

Anyway this is not very surprizing by the devs of plarium, most likely creating some and most unuseful features added to the system. Probably not a lot of people will get access to it and its mostly apply to the high spender community. 

The idea of the update is cool but based on what is mentioned in the empowerment system and faction guardians is a big no no. 

First why must be a pair of duplicate to empower the faction guardian? why not any champions you get from that sect of faction? Getting champions, such as epic and legos are hard to come by for most f2p, and who knows how long it will take them to complete the faction guardians, 1-2 months for high spender, sure, but most players casual spender or not, 5-10 years, yeah too long; even if they finish the guardian, they might already be done with the faction war... so some what trashy idea but need a revised. please make it not only duplicate to empower guardian, afterall this only affect fw and is out of pvp, make it available to empower not only from duplicate but with any non dups, give us a quality of life man. 

Second is the unbinding system.... it must be a duplicate champions to unbind... the pool of leggos has been getting wider and wider, meaning what are the odds of pulling another duplicate. The resources provided in the game is already so little and to be able to get a legos from shards is already hard; not pulling but also obtaining shards can be diffucult for most players that cannot one key unm and nightmare, cause the 30+ awesome daily rewards are removed. Why not just let us unbind any champion whether is dups or not, cause some leggos are just trash in general, lego like a common champions, whats good use it that for me?

third, the pricing to exchange for a lego at the shop is kind of expensive though.... 5-8 leggos and they must be duplicate. Again, getting leggos are hard to come by, legos pulling is low and i know this just an intro and you guys will address this issue. I always wonder if the devs uses the stats of the game, like come on leggos to pulling from shards is not 100%, ancient has .5% meaning forget about getting one leggo from ancient. Sacred shard 8% and what are the odds of getting leggo from there. Void just forget it and stop dreaming about it. 

Last, the empowering system is a total whale. PVP will be 100% broken unless you make empowering chicken and easy to obtain, again gettting leggos is hard and the pool of leggos is getting wider, who knows how long it will take for players to finally emp+4 a champ?

I know this the begging of the implemantation but i do hope you guys do some work on stats and do more testing before releasing crap like this. 

inventory is so little as well :<

Nov 23, 2021, 02:4211/23/21
01/04/20
Django2020

There's a HUGE problem with Faction Guardians and that's SPACE.  14 x 10 is 140, we'll need 140 spaces just for the rares, another 140 spaces for the epics.  And I'm sure you guys are going to GIVE us 280 more spaces.  The cost already as you approach the max is ridiculous.

So let us FUSE rares and epic Faction Guardians and permanently lose the two champs but seal the spots and permanently get the boost in power.  That way I don't need to keep 140 rares hanging around I don't need.

Even early game players will be able to fairly quickly fuse the various rare boosts shut and those in mid to late game will take all those extra copies of crap epics and do the same.

I like this, will pass this suggestion up. 

Nov 23, 2021, 04:0111/23/21
Nov 23, 2021, 04:02(edited)
01/05/21
Django2020

There's a HUGE problem with Faction Guardians and that's SPACE.  14 x 10 is 140, we'll need 140 spaces just for the rares, another 140 spaces for the epics.  And I'm sure you guys are going to GIVE us 280 more spaces.  The cost already as you approach the max is ridiculous.

So let us FUSE rares and epic Faction Guardians and permanently lose the two champs but seal the spots and permanently get the boost in power.  That way I don't need to keep 140 rares hanging around I don't need.

Even early game players will be able to fairly quickly fuse the various rare boosts shut and those in mid to late game will take all those extra copies of crap epics and do the same.

That is a GREAT IDEA! An other sollution would be that the slots in the Guardian ring also acts like a storage? On the champ menu, give us another tab, like vault, but for Guardian Ring with 140 spaces, adding more as more factions are introduced. 

Nov 23, 2021, 05:4611/23/21
04/15/20

Sounds great, cant wait to improve parts of the game I am stuck on.  II'll never be a whale so not concerned with all the upsert whiners.  ♥

Nov 23, 2021, 07:2011/23/21
11/09/19

Remove the speed stat increase from all faction guardian and empower.

Nov 23, 2021, 10:0311/23/21
06/10/20

Legendary market prices need to be reconsidered.

It is too expensive to have to sacrifice at least 5-6 dupe legendaries for one new.

Assuming that each Legendary costs $200, you would have to pay at least $1,000 to buy a new Legendary, even if you have no use for the dupes.

That's just too much and too rude for people who have paid for a sarcred shard and won 6% of the Legendaries and are still dupes. Stop being money taker and Please start thinking more about your users.

Nov 23, 2021, 11:2711/23/21
09/15/19
dominik.hegedus

Well that's great, so I have spent 2 years Playing This game to be constantly pushed back to the ground. Back in the days I could compete in plat now I am barely managing to stay at gold IV.    With these changes I can say bye to that will probably be silver :D.

You have no appreciation of time people put to this game, true I am not high spender, paid maybe 500 USD in total in two years but for what ? For constantly being reminded it's not good enough to constantly been pushed back that I am not keeping up with the game. This is poor, you have 0 empathy for your player group. 

You know even your whales will leave if there will be noone to compete with :). 

Both systems are totally ridiculous, totally over powered and only oriented in one direction and that is spend more for more Legos and more dups, you think that is enjoyable experience ? and this token thing, man any of you actually play the game ? It any other game for God sake ? This is most ridiculous expensive not even worth it option ever. Not just in this game but across whole industry. Just think about usability of these :D at this price levels.  This is very bitter taste of your greed again and not for a first time. 

What a waste of two years.

I already shared my opinion here, but Plarium, please think. I get you want to get money but think on what people want to spend, its not on your systems to keep up with the meta or stay within the same arena tier or to be able to keep up with content, that feels like a punishment... 

People spend money when they find something fun/enjoyable, do you think this system provides an enjoyable experience? F... no.

You need to come up with new interesting pieces of the game, whenever that would be champ or additional content that would make want to people spend money just because it is fun to play, no its not,  because they need to spend to even be able to compete. Once people smell pay to win they are out. And for the last 2 years, you have mostly been doing just that. People who invest their time into the game are constantly reminded "if you want to keep up you need to pay up". That is not the way.

System that divides the community and feels more like a punishment if you don't have it is never a good system. You should have brought up cosmetics or skins or whatever for these things rather than OP boost you did. 

Nov 23, 2021, 17:1011/23/21
03/19/20

I  am  genral  pleased  with  the  update  yes  the  empowering  i  cant  do  im  not  a  whale  fraction guards  i  can  do  rare  and  some  epics  i  have  three  dub  legos  i  can  use  but  i  have  been  playing  for  almost  two  years  so  i  have  Gotten  lucky  a  few  times  im  excited  for  the  hydra  i  love  the  grind  of  the  game  working  my  way  though  it  

Nov 23, 2021, 17:5311/23/21
07/14/20

Здравствуйте, и какого лысого до сих пор не исправлена проблема с воскрешением Героя Ниндзя? Обнова за обновой выходят а проблема не решается

Nov 23, 2021, 20:2811/23/21
10/31/21

when will this be coming to the game??????

Nov 23, 2021, 20:4311/23/21
03/19/20
toxic lee

when will this be coming to the game??????

I  heard  wed  which  i  hope  for  either  tm  or  next  week  i  belive  it  was  on  hh  channle  that  said  wed