All Categories

Update 4.90 Highlights

Update 4.90 Highlights

Hey, Raiders!

Update 4.90 brings about one of the most important features of recent months - the Guardian Ring. With it, you’ll be able to breathe new life into your duplicate Champions and find a new use for them. We’ve already discussed it in several videos - including a dedicated Feature Preview - so you might have seen the details already if you follow our social media. If not, read on and learn more!

Guardian Ring

Guardian Ring is a new building that will appear in your Bastion and take the place of the Sparring Pit, but worry not - we will not just remove the Sparring Pit, it will be rolled into the Guardian Ring. Upon tapping the building, you’ll see a menu with several tabs:

• Sparring Pit
  • Faction Guardians
  • Empower Champions
  • Unbind Champions
  • Token Trader

We’ll go over them now!

Sparring Pit

Nothing will change about how the Sparring Pit functions. Just insert Champions into empty slots, and they will passively receive XP over time. Just remember to upgrade their Level and replace them with new Champions whenever you need that.

Faction Guardians

Here, you assign duplicate Rare, Epic, and Legendary Champions to become Faction Guardians. This means they’ll boost the stats of all Champions of the same Rarity in a chosen Faction.

Each Faction has 5 Chambers available, and each Chamber has 2 Slots. Each Chamber provides Stat bonuses to all Champions of the Faction to which it belongs and of its respective Rarity - similar to Great Hall Bonuses - but it’s Faction-specific rather than Affinity-Specific. You unlock Chambers in a specific Order by assigning duplicate Champions to them, so you need to fill the first 2 Slots that give you a bonus to HP before you can unlock the Chamber that provided an Attack bonus, and so on. If you remove Champions from a Chamber, that bonus will no longer work, and the next unlocked Chamber bonuses will also be deactivated.

Fortunately, Champions you make into Faction Guardians can still be used in battles, sent to Champion Vault, or upgraded in the Tavern. As long as you don’t get rid of either Champion, you’ll get the bonus. If you want to sacrifice or unbind Faction Guardian Champions, you’ll need to remove them from the Slots first.

Empower Champions

This tab allows you to “feed” your Legendary Champions with their duplicates in order to empower them. You can do this up to 4 times, and each sacrificed dupe will give your Champion a Stat boost. Just don’t forget that you’ll be losing those duplicates forever and think twice before you decide to sacrifice them. Also, Champions who have been fully empowered cannot be used to empower another Champion.

Though you can’t get duplicates of Lydia the Deathsiren, Gomlok Skyhide, Urost the Soulcage, and a few other unique Champions, they are not excluded from this feature. Instead, they each will receive a “surrogate duplicate” from their Faction which can be used to empower them.

Unbind Champions and Token Trader

This feature lets you release - or Unbind as we call it - duplicate Champions from service. You’ll lose that Champion forever, but get a number of Life Tokens in return. These Life Tokens can be used in the Token Trader tab to buy a Legendary Champion from the current list. Most of those Champions were part of Fusion Events in the past, so we wanted to give everyone a chance to get them. These Champions will include Maulie Tankard, Fu-Shan, Tomb Lord, Foli, Minaya, and even the jolly Sir Nicholas. 

i

i

i

i

i

Views
Comments
Nov 22, 2021, 15:3011/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 15:5311/22/21
Dec 2, 2021, 23:33(edited)
11/13/19

This system makes it feel like the pass 2 yrs I've spent farming gear just so I can barely manage to compete in Gold II tag will become meaningless overnight because dupes will take a huge precedence over gear.

For anyone that doesn't know empowerment will raise stats by 40% Atk, 40%HP, 40%Def, 55 Res, 55 Acc, 30% Critdmg, 10%Critrate

This is the most disgusting game breaking update ever and now we know why plarium has been so quiet about the details for it

Nov 22, 2021, 16:0011/22/21
05/13/21

Thanks, I hate it.

Faction Guardians still sucks. Only whales have 1+9 Copies of a given champ PER FACTION to drop in there (especially true for legos). Dupes shouldn't be something you need to rely on. This should not factor in PVP because it's P2W by definition.

Empowerment works in much the same way as Faction Guardians. Also, notice how the stats are increased AND expanded based on how many empowerments you do: Base stats, then Spd, lastly Crit and Critdmg. Again, a whale-hunting mechanic that will likely be a good starting point to give up on PVP entirely. Needless to say, shouldn't matter in PVP as well because of P2W.

Unbinding. The most "fair" option of the dupe-system. But expensive as hell (8 lego dupes for Sir Nicolas, 6 for Tomb Lord) - so I will not hold my breath (or use it) ever.

Qol. They finally give us the QoL improvements after throwing in their "payment-friendly" option first. Again, at least the showed that they can do the bare minimum for their players once in a while.

Nov 22, 2021, 16:0311/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 16:04(edited)
08/29/20

thanks, im out

champion empowering is insanely broken, cant believe you are still going with it

Nov 22, 2021, 16:2111/22/21
10/11/20

With  the  current  champion  empowerment,  the  message  is  quite  clear:  if  you're  not  spendin  MILLIONS,  why  bother  spending  AT  ALL?  Seriously,  if  even  mid-spenders  have  zero  chance  to  compete  at  high  levels,  then  what's  the  point?  Why  bother?

If  they  at  least  included  Epics  into  the  mix,  maybe  it  wouldn't  be  as  bad,  but  as  it  looks  rn,  I  can  definitely  imagine  RSL  in  2025  consisting  of  2-3  mega  krakens  fighting  between  themselves,  with  the  rest  just  moving  on...  What  an  ending  with  a  wimper  would  that  be...?

Nov 22, 2021, 16:4911/22/21
05/09/21

Wow, now I even regret wanting a dupe system.

I have been playing and loving the game for over a year with the up and lows, but this is insanely disappointing. At this point I would have been happy to trade dupes for some ressources...

Sad.

Nov 22, 2021, 16:5511/22/21
09/13/21

So, unlike most I actually don't give a damn about the empowerment system. At some point end-game players run out of things to work towards and I guess shards are worth pulling again for them now. Anyone thinking they could compete against a Platinum level whale before is fooling themselves, at least now you know not to ever bother. Now, if they open up a new Diamond level where the whales go to and allow platinum for the rest of us? then that'd be nice. Everyone gets to "go up" - until that happens I can understand why people will be upset but the pay2win has and always will be there.

My input on this update is this; please, for the love of god, just allow the Sparring Pit to automatically level heroes rather than having to come back and click "level" every time. If you have to nerf the XP gain for this, then fine, but this feature for the most part is useless when you have 3rd party tools that essentially do what this does but better (RSLHelper, leave it on endlessly) It'd be a nice QOL feature, and it would encourage many more players to buy every slot and upgrade every slot.

Nov 22, 2021, 17:4011/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 17:43(edited)
06/13/20

The reality is that anyone that has spent enough on this game to get a lot out of the empowerment system is going to beat you in the arena anyway. And by "beat" I mean absolutely shred you.  It's not like plat arena is currently full of FTP people who are now going to be pushed out.  It isn't.  It's full of whales now and it'll be full of whales after.  Nobody that has 5+ Siphis / Hegis / Warlords / etcs is currently hanging out in gold 2 losing fights to the FTP crowd.

Nov 22, 2021, 17:4511/22/21
02/18/20
IlIIllIlIlIlIIlIIlIIllIllIlIlI

This system makes it feel like the pass 2 yrs I've spent farming gear just so I can barely manage to compete in Gold II tag will become meaningless overnight because dupes will take a huge precedence over gear.

For anyone that doesn't know empowerment will raise stats by 40% Atk, 40%HP, 40%Def, 55 Res, 55 Acc, 30% Critdmg, 10%Critrate

This is the most disgusting game breaking update ever and now we know why plarium has been so quiet about the details for it

See the thing is you need 4 dupes of the same legendary. it's not as busted as you think cause like 1% of the community will be able to do that. + you get all those stats once you've put in all 4 dupes

Nov 22, 2021, 18:0111/22/21
01/08/21

Wait a minute, why is there no mention about the promised additional storage space for all those damn dupes?

Nov 22, 2021, 18:0811/22/21
03/25/20

Been playing and loving the game for 2 years. This update does it for me. I will test Hydra and then leave the game. The dupe system and introduction of the new gear sets does it for me. Sad to leave, but the game is going in such a wrong direction. 

Nov 22, 2021, 18:2311/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 18:53(edited)
01/27/20

Hey Palarium check out how much I have spent with you.... I won't spend another dime. This dupe system is complete and utter garbage.  Only you guys could mess it up to this level.  Nice job.

Edited by moderator - Harbs. 

Removed veiled swears. 

Nov 22, 2021, 18:3411/22/21
04/11/20

Champion empowerment is the begining of the end... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Reconsider this! Remove it completly, there is no need for it with the other dupe options and it breaks the game!

Nov 22, 2021, 18:3811/22/21
02/26/21

Basically you just want people to spend more money and believe me the BIG spenders probably will but what you fail to see is this gives all the other spenders less incentive to spend any money what so ever cos there is no point anymore as the gap becomes too beig between the 2. Also how the hell do you want us to trade 6 dupes for fusion champions???????????? 6????????? This update is an absolute joke and many of us will probably leave the game, good luck trying to make money just off of the 1%. Can't believe the stupid business descions .

Nov 22, 2021, 18:4411/22/21
11/13/19
murraylewers123

See the thing is you need 4 dupes of the same legendary. it's not as busted as you think cause like 1% of the community will be able to do that. + you get all those stats once you've put in all 4 dupes

Practically everyone in Gold tag team has at least 2 or 3 powerful dupes of the same champ on their 3vs3 set up already. When you say 1% of the community you dont take in account that 1% is more than all the players that are even allowed into Gold Tag Team to begin with. This game has tens of millions of players and 1% of that equates to well over the tens of thounsands that are spread out throughout Gold tag team and even Silver Tag team.

Nov 22, 2021, 18:5011/22/21
07/20/20

Why you al clamming at empowerment? Of course it will make whales bigger, but in PVP whales fight against whales,  so at my level i will never fight them in arena (making a review on PVP system is another topic).

Nov 22, 2021, 18:5811/22/21
05/03/21

When does this go live?

Nov 22, 2021, 19:1511/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 19:26(edited)
04/27/20

I was one of many that was cautiously optimistic about all of this months ago. Not sure why,Plarium disappoints 95% of the time. Yet another whale...nay,kraken centric update. I know pvp is supposed to be revamped next year,but as it stands with new update Plat arena will be unreachable for FTP (it aint right now,unless you got super lucky or have been playing since game start) G4 will become MUCH harder. No FTP Ramantu, he will be unreachable due to 3v3 requirement. Dupe system itself helps almost no1. Sure the rares and epics getting several % stat gains is nice,but nothing on the 50% (up to) + 25 spd + crit and crit r bonuses for legos. The Legos are way over priced, no point in trading. As an FTP for over 1.5 years I have 0 use for almost any of it. Cant even afford minaya lol. I dont care that I cant avail of the system,just pointing out to ppl how champ intensive this is. Finally, now all future contend is in power creep danger. Anything new will have to consider the stat bonuses provided. Plarium has to make challenging content for endgame and now empowered players,so they dont breeze through the game mode and get bored (unless they solely here for arena) 

Nov 22, 2021, 20:4111/22/21
05/14/19

There's a HUGE problem with Faction Guardians and that's SPACE.  14 x 10 is 140, we'll need 140 spaces just for the rares, another 140 spaces for the epics.  And I'm sure you guys are going to GIVE us 280 more spaces.  The cost already as you approach the max is ridiculous.

So let us FUSE rares and epic Faction Guardians and permanently lose the two champs but seal the spots and permanently get the boost in power.  That way I don't need to keep 140 rares hanging around I don't need.

Even early game players will be able to fairly quickly fuse the various rare boosts shut and those in mid to late game will take all those extra copies of crap epics and do the same.

Nov 22, 2021, 20:4611/22/21
03/23/19

Definitely some nice improvements in this update, but I really think you missed the mark on the unbinding portion of the dupe system. While Faction Guardians will take some of the sting out of pulling a duplicate legendary it's sad that you've set the trade in cost to be so high that unbinding will not be a palatable option for a very large segment of the player base. A dupe system should make pulling a duplicate legendary less depressing. Can you imagine how someone is going to feel after trading in 6 legendaries for let's say a Tomb Lord only to subsequently pull a Tomb Lord somewhere down the line? Considering that the player is sacrificing the potential stat boosts those legendaries could be providing as Faction Guardians I think the ratio should be halved. A 3:1 (non-void) and a 4:1 (void) would be a lot easier to digest. If you're going to keep the ratio that high then it would be nice to offer some "future dupe insurance" into the mix where if you were to subsequently pull a dupe of a champion you got from the shop you at least got a refund on your life tokens. You've taken so long to come out with this dupe system, I think a little more generosity could be afforded in this regards.