All Categories

Fix of the Geomancer's Passive Skill

Fix of the Geomancer's Passive Skill

Hello, Raiders! 

Since we are seeing a lot of questions and worries regarding the recent changes in the way Geomancer works, we would like to elaborate on where we stand on this one right now.

First of all, we want to explain why we came to a decision to re-work Geomancer’s Passive Skill [Skill 4 – Stoneguard [P]]. This decision was motivated by the detection of in-game crashes and freezes by our internal tool. According to our crash reports and further investigation, these issues were caused by Geomancer’s Passive Skill.

That’s was the only reason why we were forced to rework the way his Passive Skill worked, namely, make it so that Damage from his Passive no longer triggers certain Masteries (Warmaster, Giant Slayer).

We totally understand there was a lot of confusion when Geomancer’s changes were found in the Rebalance section after the release went live, not in the Bug Fixes. It happened due to our oversight, and we apologize for confusing you with this information. 

Normally, we put all bug fixes into the Release Notes after the release and do not include them in the Update Highlights.

Let’s move to the next point. Based on the internal statistics, we decided to rework Geomancer’s Passive Skill so that the new Effect worked like  [Warmaster] and not [Giant Slayer] (without actually triggering this Mastery) since according to our data the majority of players used [Warmaster] instead of [Giant Slayer]. That’s why we've decided to take that path in order to make it more convenient for the players. However, we saw all the feedback from the community and with today’s server restart we tweaked Geomancer’s Passive skill: replaced the Effect of the [Warmaster] with the one that emulates [Giant Slayer] Mastery.

From now on, Geomancer’s Passive Skill will work as if supplied with [Giant Slayer]  Mastery and will deal approximately the same amount of damage as before.

Unfortunately, there is one side effect of the fix that cannot be avoided: the new passive will not allow healing from the Lifesteal Set or Leech debuff.

Nevertheless, Geomaster still will be able to heal from his Active Skills.

Our ultimate goal was to maintain the damage dealt by this Champion to the Clan Boss on the same level. We were striving to implement the changes in such a way so that Geomancer won’t suffer because of the fix we had to make.

Last but not least, all players who received negative results on CB after hitting them with the Geomancer in the team will get compensation. It will be delivered to all accounts who suffered from the bug.

We’ll keep you updated on the situation. 

Have a great day ahead!

Views
Comments
Oct 6, 2021, 12:5210/06/21
Oct 10, 2021, 16:2710/10/21
11/13/20
"Last but not least, all players who received negative results on CB after hitting them with the Geomancer in the team will get compensation. It will be delivered to all accounts who suffered from the bug. "

How/where do I get the compensation? I am experiencing less damage on CB from Geomancer after the "fix" as well and didn't get any compensation yet.

Oct 10, 2021, 17:1410/10/21
08/08/19

i dont even get compensation  with 2 geomancer,  the champ was sale for his special passive now they take change it , so money refund is our right.

Oct 10, 2021, 21:5010/10/21
Oct 10, 2021, 22:26(edited)
04/07/21

You  can  delete  this  post  as  well,  as  you  did  with  my  previous  one.  How  you  guys  don't  want  to  understand ,  "even  if  geomancer does  same  damage "  but   he  is  not on  my  account  for   sure ,  i  don't  want  him  anymore,  because  he  is  not  what  i  bought  and  the  way  you 've  done  it .  i  have  300+  epic  plus  legendary  champions  on  my  account  but  i  decided  to  get  geomancer  because  his  original  passive ,  not  for  passive  i  have right  now.  As  the  result how  i  am  supposed  to  trust  Plarium  on  fragment  summons ,  guaranteed  champions  events  or  new champions  releases if  you  can  change  them  at  any  time  without  notification  and  nothing  we  can  do  about  it .  Very  disappointed,  never  had   issues  like  this   with  other  games  Devs.

Oct 11, 2021, 02:0010/11/21
Oct 11, 2021, 02:01(edited)
01/11/20
Oracle

Hi! Compensation will arrive a little bit later

How much later - your post was 4 days ago, and I have seen nothing that appears to be any type of compensation for running him with lower damage out put before your 'fix'. Not that it has fully un-nerfed him as damage is still lower in cases (hitting for 75k reflects instead of over 77k CA's, damage no longer gained from masteries through health being topped up, and damage lost because he is KO'ed earlier without the heals he had as well as damage lost vs waves since they are hit at a lower % than they were when we had Giant Slayer and the fact he no longer takes down something like Scarab's shield as effectively as before).

Oct 11, 2021, 02:1810/11/21
01/04/20
Amurr330

How much later - your post was 4 days ago, and I have seen nothing that appears to be any type of compensation for running him with lower damage out put before your 'fix'. Not that it has fully un-nerfed him as damage is still lower in cases (hitting for 75k reflects instead of over 77k CA's, damage no longer gained from masteries through health being topped up, and damage lost because he is KO'ed earlier without the heals he had as well as damage lost vs waves since they are hit at a lower % than they were when we had Giant Slayer and the fact he no longer takes down something like Scarab's shield as effectively as before).

If your geo gave you negative damage on clan boss you should receive compensation. If you did not send either Quinn or myself your um# and we will send it to the cm's. 

Oct 11, 2021, 07:0310/11/21
04/07/21

"It will be delivered to all accounts who suffered from the bug"

Does  it  mean  ,  if  i  have  geomancer  and  never  had  crashes  and  freezes ,  never  report  any  geomancer  bugs,  i  won't  receive  compensation?

Oct 11, 2021, 07:2010/11/21
01/04/20
ayaks79

"It will be delivered to all accounts who suffered from the bug"

Does  it  mean  ,  if  i  have  geomancer  and  never  had  crashes  and  freezes ,  never  report  any  geomancer  bugs,  i  won't  receive  compensation?

Oracle is specifically referring to the bug where people did negative damage to the clan boss. 

Oct 11, 2021, 10:3610/11/21
03/13/20

instead of all people who own the nerfed champ only the people who "used" the bug get a prize.

The message : use all the bugs you find and you will be rewarded twice.:(

Oct 11, 2021, 20:4910/11/21
Oct 11, 2021, 20:50(edited)
08/08/19

ppl dont sent/report doesnt mean they dont get negative dmg, the change make geo dmg lesser so it effect all account have geo. or Plarium thinks our geo are SPECIAL geo that dont get effected?

Oct 12, 2021, 08:1910/12/21
03/27/19
Harbby

Hmm, what comp do you run him in? My Geo's damage has gone up slightly. 

wow you edited my words now wow 

forum is ccommunist now 

Oct 12, 2021, 09:0810/12/21
Oct 12, 2021, 09:08(edited)
01/04/20
franzgarcia323

wow you edited my words now wow 

forum is ccommunist now 

Well, it's my job. So... don't break the forum rules and I won't have to edit your comments.

Oct 14, 2021, 17:5110/14/21
01/15/20

Hello, this has not been any rebalancing of a skill, it has been a nerf in every claim, causing all the players who spend time and resources to improve this champion have lost said time and resources (which are not left over in the game said this) , this causes great disappointment in the RAID community

Oct 14, 2021, 18:3710/14/21
09/27/21

So you've had ample time to fix the situation  
- where do we  stand?  In the interest of time suffice to say I echo all the frustrations above(swears and all).  Your geo does more DMG?  Well now that's an interesting querk.  If you run your analytics tool on my account
you'll see he has been doing zero DMG in my CB as he is no longer a viable team member.  

We spend our money (which could be returned though of course it will not).  But more importantly we give you our time which we can never get back.  So as I painfully attempt to practice the restraint and maturity required by your rules, I have just 2 and a half questions.  1 How about a little mutual respect?  2 How and when will Plarium make this right?

Oct 14, 2021, 18:4910/14/21
12/19/19

Geomancer is still an awesome champ, if you can't get him to work after the rebalance you are doing something wrong.   I didn't even change masteries from Giant Slayer, just too lazy as we all have 1 free respec.  And I still have in lifesteal gear (doesn't hurt) but will probably give that to someone else.  All in all, I would spend the 40 shards again for V2 of Geo.  And my account is closer to end-game than any of the complainers.

Oct 14, 2021, 21:1810/14/21
07/04/20

I  dont  know  why  plarium  has  not  returned  to  this  topic.  Geo  is  still  good,  but  not  nearly  as  good  as  he  was  before  the  nerf  that  you  claim  was  not  a  nerf.  before  you  flipped  the  switch,  i  was  doing  over  23  million  per  key  on  nm  and  now  im  lucky  to  break  19.  he  was  also  amazing  in  spiders  den,  but  without  the  lifesteal  on  his  passive,  he  just  cant  hang  without  great  support  around  him. To  all  the  people  saying  hes  still  an  all  star,  maybe  you  have  awesome  gear  or  a  better  team  around  him.  i  recently  fused  Rhazin,  so  ill  be  replacing  Geo  with  him.  GEO  NEEDS  THE  PASSIVE  LIFESTEAL.  PLARIUM  NEEDS  TO  COME  BACK  TO  THIS  AND  EITHER  COMPENSATE  US  OR  REVERT  THE  CHANGES.  I  know  of  nobody  that  was  getting  game  crashes  while  using  him.

Oct 15, 2021, 10:4710/15/21
01/15/20
Harbby

in BC the damage has decreased and much.

I feel cheated and ignored

Oct 25, 2021, 00:3110/25/21
06/15/21
Harbby

I  haven't  changed  any  gear.    Running  Lifesteal and  Crit  Rate.    

Mar 2, 2022, 21:1103/02/22
Mar 8, 2022, 23:05(edited)
01/19/20

Since the change was a quick fix for a bug, is there a timeline to get Geomancer back to functioning as intended?