All Categories

Fix of the Geomancer's Passive Skill

Fix of the Geomancer's Passive Skill

Hello, Raiders! 

Since we are seeing a lot of questions and worries regarding the recent changes in the way Geomancer works, we would like to elaborate on where we stand on this one right now.

First of all, we want to explain why we came to a decision to re-work Geomancer’s Passive Skill [Skill 4 – Stoneguard [P]]. This decision was motivated by the detection of in-game crashes and freezes by our internal tool. According to our crash reports and further investigation, these issues were caused by Geomancer’s Passive Skill.

That’s was the only reason why we were forced to rework the way his Passive Skill worked, namely, make it so that Damage from his Passive no longer triggers certain Masteries (Warmaster, Giant Slayer).

We totally understand there was a lot of confusion when Geomancer’s changes were found in the Rebalance section after the release went live, not in the Bug Fixes. It happened due to our oversight, and we apologize for confusing you with this information. 

Normally, we put all bug fixes into the Release Notes after the release and do not include them in the Update Highlights.

Let’s move to the next point. Based on the internal statistics, we decided to rework Geomancer’s Passive Skill so that the new Effect worked like  [Warmaster] and not [Giant Slayer] (without actually triggering this Mastery) since according to our data the majority of players used [Warmaster] instead of [Giant Slayer]. That’s why we've decided to take that path in order to make it more convenient for the players. However, we saw all the feedback from the community and with today’s server restart we tweaked Geomancer’s Passive skill: replaced the Effect of the [Warmaster] with the one that emulates [Giant Slayer] Mastery.

From now on, Geomancer’s Passive Skill will work as if supplied with [Giant Slayer]  Mastery and will deal approximately the same amount of damage as before.

Unfortunately, there is one side effect of the fix that cannot be avoided: the new passive will not allow healing from the Lifesteal Set or Leech debuff.

Nevertheless, Geomaster still will be able to heal from his Active Skills.

Our ultimate goal was to maintain the damage dealt by this Champion to the Clan Boss on the same level. We were striving to implement the changes in such a way so that Geomancer won’t suffer because of the fix we had to make.

Last but not least, all players who received negative results on CB after hitting them with the Geomancer in the team will get compensation. It will be delivered to all accounts who suffered from the bug.

We’ll keep you updated on the situation. 

Have a great day ahead!

Views
Comments
Oct 6, 2021, 12:5210/06/21
Oct 6, 2021, 20:1010/06/21
02/13/21
fider00

A "leech" effect on the passive of 5% would be enough. Just on the passive.

But if you are going to go to so much effort to replicate the original implementation, why not just keep the original implementation and fix the bug?

Oct 6, 2021, 20:4510/06/21
08/08/19

after Urogrim and than Geomancer fixed , i dont have anymore trust to Plarium anymore on the next sale for any  champ  cuz they will fix anyway after . refund the  40 shards and books chicken pls

Oct 6, 2021, 23:1610/06/21
11/05/20

Ya se esta volviendo muy repetitivo este modus operandi de plarium de hacernos invertir en algun campeón para luego nerfearlo. 

Oct 7, 2021, 01:1010/07/21
09/19/20

I've not recieved any compensation for my unm clan boss being in negative yesterday, did this not happen?

Oct 7, 2021, 03:4510/07/21

Fail again after Urogrim mistake. 

Other thing skill change is not a fix. Dear Plarium if you have problems with a skill, just start reprogramming the code and fix it at your side.

You guys lose the trust. The userbase starting to thinking about when you tell the truth or not.

OracleCommunity Manager
Oct 7, 2021, 07:4310/07/21
03/02/21
Skellionz

I've not recieved any compensation for my unm clan boss being in negative yesterday, did this not happen?

Hi! Compensation will arrive a little bit later

Oct 7, 2021, 08:1410/07/21
Oct 7, 2021, 08:14(edited)
09/19/20

Thanks,  though for some reason I'm doubting that it will equal 2 chests lol. Oh well better than nothing 

Oct 7, 2021, 16:2910/07/21
Oct 7, 2021, 16:41(edited)
04/07/21

I  want  plarium  return  me  40  ancient  shards  , around   1000  energy,  950  gems ,  4  four  star  chickens  and  5  five  star  chickens ,  15  epic  books  and  potions  i  spent  to  level  him  up to  60   and  you  can  have  "approximately  same " geomancer  back.  I  don't  feel  like  i  want   brews  and  xp  boost  as  small  compensation.  Thank  you  very  much,  and  not  going  to  buy  anything  from  shop  anymore.

Oct 7, 2021, 16:4510/07/21
01/11/20

Sorry, but the fix as is still is not enough to A: not be a nerf and B: actually fix even the damage level. Magic Affinity UNM CB with my entirely force Skullcrusher CA team raked in 26 million damage - normally it'd be 30 million or more, maybe very high 28 if a lot of things go wrong. I know a portion of that is because he no longer stays topped off on HP the same - so I'm losing the mastery that adds 5% when his HP is full, and because he no longer lasts as long - which also has had massive effects in my dungeons teams that use him, on top of the fact his passive is still nerfed vs those waves because Giant Slayer vs wave champions did 7.5% HP, not 3%. 

You need to find some solution to the fact you have hard nerfed his survivability. I know other champs have abilities to heal off attacks - if you can add something at least akin to leech if not the lifesteal many of us used  that can heal from the normal damage and the procs - that's fine, but he needs his healing back at minimum. Seeing as other things will still be permenatly lost in this unintended nerf such as his ability to deal with that freaking scarab boss.

Oct 7, 2021, 23:0710/07/21
Oct 7, 2021, 23:14(edited)
07/20/20
Oracle

Hi Zanziabar ! Yes, there indeed was a technical issue with Geomancer and its occurence started getting more and more frequent. So we've decided to forestall it before it made too many users unable to effectively use Geomancer.

You are probably referring to another fix, that was yesterday - after it the Warmaster-like mechanics was tied to the Geomaner's Passive Skill. Howerver, after collecting a lot of your feedback, today we've made another fix, so that the Skill now acts similarly to Giant Slayer Mastery.

Hi Oracle

Thanks for answering some but not all of my concerns. Could you please clarify whether Plarium has any intention of restoring/adding any abilities to Geomancer to now compensate for 'the new passive will not allow healing from the Lifesteal Set or Leech debuff. '

Further question; if Plarium has no intention of restoring/adding any abilities to compensate for the unintended nerf, will compensation be offered to impacted players?

Also; how was 'That’s was the only reason why we were forced to rework the way his Passive Skill worked ' this decision reached? What other options were explored? I ask because there have been threads on Reddit arguing that this wasn't a coding issue and more of an animation issue caused by Geomancer's Stoneguard Proc. A glimpse behind the curtain more than 'internal tools & statistics' would be helpful for transparency.

Cheers,

Zanziabar. 

Oct 8, 2021, 11:1210/08/21
10/08/20
ayaks79

I  want  plarium  return  me  40  ancient  shards  , around   1000  energy,  950  gems ,  4  four  star  chickens  and  5  five  star  chickens ,  15  epic  books  and  potions  i  spent  to  level  him  up to  60   and  you  can  have  "approximately  same " geomancer  back.  I  don't  feel  like  i  want   brews  and  xp  boost  as  small  compensation.  Thank  you  very  much,  and  not  going  to  buy  anything  from  shop  anymore.

Exactly this. This guaranteed champion was marketed with a very peculiar and special array of skills and interactions. If Geomancer had not come with the very special interaction to leech off his passive proc, I at least would not have thrown blue and red pebbles at him, as well as not have him fully booked and ascended.

A Lada Vesta is also approximately the same as an Aurus Senat, but differs vastly in its usability  ...

Oct 8, 2021, 15:3310/08/21
Oct 8, 2021, 15:34(edited)
03/28/20

Typical,  game  has  a  huge  following  so  it's time  for  the  cash  grab.  You  have  to  pay  for  XP  brews  than  you  have  to  PAY  TO  USE  THEM!  One  example  of  how  game  has  been  greedy.  And  don't get  me  started  on  upgrading  your  armor  pieces.  Total  rip-off.  My  game  time  went  from  every  day  to  maybe  once  a  week  (free  to  play only).  Good  bye  RAID  SHADOW  LEGENDS.  $3000+  is  my  limit.  R.I.P.

Oct 8, 2021, 15:5510/08/21
03/31/19

BTW the compensation you are giving for this bs fiasco is trash compared to the time and resources we spent to get geomancer to where he is. You should at least give us the option to reset him and get all of our resources back. or give the stupid compensation to everyone even if they don't have geomancer. You guys really screwed the pooch on this one... 1 book compared to the 11 -15 he needs? where does that make sense? As always your logic is flawless. plan on quitting this garbage slot machine game. 

Oct 8, 2021, 17:0910/08/21
Oct 8, 2021, 17:10(edited)
03/13/20

I think so too, if you really did not want to nerf him, then he should get some of the privious healing ability. It could be leach or something like that. Because without it he is now  good like before only in an unkillable pack.  And i think that the most people, who like me , invested time and ressources  in geomancer exactly because we don't have an unkillable pack

Oct 8, 2021, 19:5410/08/21
12/31/20

This game NEEDS a recycle option for champiions.  If not for any champion at any time, then at least for champions that get nerfs.  It is only fair.

Oct 10, 2021, 02:0610/10/21
06/15/21

Apparently you  are  STILL  not  listening to your customers.    You  nerfed  a  guaranteed champion.  Damage  is  considerably  weaker.  There  are  literally 100's  of  screenshots being  posted  as  proof.  Return  Geo  to  his  former  glory  or  refund  us  everything  we  used  and/or  spent  getting him  and  leveling  him  up.  I  spend  a  considerable amount  of money  on  this  game  and  unless  you  make  this  right,  I'll  never  spend  another  dime.  In  addition,  I will  file  a  complaint  with  Apple,  as  will  100's  of  other  angry  customers.   

Oct 10, 2021, 07:4310/10/21
Oct 10, 2021, 07:57(edited)
03/27/19

yep i use 800 gems for a useless champ 

Edited by moderator - Harbs

Removed curse word

Oct 10, 2021, 07:5810/10/21
01/04/20
franzgarcia323

yep i use 800 gems for a useless champ 

Edited by moderator - Harbs

Removed curse word

Good morning,

I understand you're upset but please, no need to swear. 

Oct 10, 2021, 07:5910/10/21
01/04/20
sgtsquarepants

Apparently you  are  STILL  not  listening to your customers.    You  nerfed  a  guaranteed champion.  Damage  is  considerably  weaker.  There  are  literally 100's  of  screenshots being  posted  as  proof.  Return  Geo  to  his  former  glory  or  refund  us  everything  we  used  and/or  spent  getting him  and  leveling  him  up.  I  spend  a  considerable amount  of money  on  this  game  and  unless  you  make  this  right,  I'll  never  spend  another  dime.  In  addition,  I will  file  a  complaint  with  Apple,  as  will  100's  of  other  angry  customers.   

Hmm, what comp do you run him in? My Geo's damage has gone up slightly. 

Oct 10, 2021, 16:1510/10/21
11/19/20

After testing out the revised Geomancer for a few days, I can report that my clan boss damage is about the same as before on the best runs. However, it's no longer consistent. Sometimes I drop from ~20m/key to ~16m/key. I'm not quite sure why this happens, but I think it's probably that Steelskull now has to heal Geomancer, so Dracomorph dies quicker, and then I lose a lot of poison damage and lose the whole team faster.

As you can imagine this is pretty frustrating, since it is the difference between 2-keying NM most days and fairly often needing 3 keys to do it.

One apparent upside of the change is that the animation is gone. That makes it a little less clear what is happening, but since the animation was actually quite slow and it happened a lot of times per battle, I think this has sped up some of my runs. While I'm not sad about that, the loss of consistency in clan boss damage is really disappointing.

I think this is just too large a mechanical change to make to a champion after it's been released, and people have built teams around it. My clan boss team, like lots of others, was built around the idea that geomancer would proc gear and masteries, and I don't quite see how you can ever have the same caliber of champion without that. Now it's not my place to say what can and can't be done in the code - but if Brogni's passive can proc sets and masteries, it's hard to understand why it should be impossible to make Geomancer work that way too.

In fact, I pulled 40 ancient shards to get Geomancer precisely because I knew from watching Hell Hades videos that his passive worked like Brogni's, and saw videos showing him healing in between one affinity clan boss hit and the next, giving him amazing survivability. His damage does indeed remain similar to what it was before, but the survivability is gone.