All Categories

Patch Notes (05.10.21) Update 4.70

Patch Notes (05.10.21) Update 4.70

Boss Guides, Champion balance changes, and more!

This update brings a new Boss Guides feature and several quality-of-life improvements, along with some Champion balance changes to help you guys get over some common PvP & PvE hurdles. Read on to find out more!

Boss Guides

We’re introducing a new feature that tells you all about the various Raid Bosses and how to beat them before you get into a fight. Every Dungeon, every Boss Stage in the Doom Tower, Faction Wars, and even the Clan Boss, will all have a special pop-up that contains full descriptions of the Boss’ Skills and the overall strategy you’ll need to deal with them. The pop-up menu will be accessible via a special button on the Team Selection screen.

If that alone isn’t enough, the second tab of every Boss Guide will list the 10 fastest Teams of the Week that beat that Boss. For the Clan Boss, the Teams that have dealt the maximum damage using one Clan Boss key will be shown there. 

This extra information will let you plan and adjust your Teams properly before entering a difficult Battle and give you a much better chance of success!

Champion Balance Changes

We’ve made changes to some of the Champions. Here’s everything you need to know:

Teela Goremane

- Base stats changed: Base SPD increased from 87 to 93 (98 Ascended).

[Skill 1 – Hexdrinker Scimitar]

- Added effect: Now has a 50% chance of stealing another random buff if the target is under 2 or more buffs.

[Skill 2 – Pyre Strike]

- Cooldown decreased from 4 to 3 turns.

- Effect changed: Now places a 15% [Continuous Heal] buff on all allies for 2 turns every time - not only when the attack is critical.

- Aura changed: now increases Ally RESIST in all Battles by 50 (was 35).

Robar

- Base stats changed: Base SPD increased from 87 to 97.

[Skill 3 – Merciless Assault]

- Effect changed: Now deals more damage if the target is under [Fear], [True Fear], [Freeze], [Provoke], [Sleep], or [Stun] debuffs.

- Old version: Deals more damage if the target is under [Sleep], [Stun] or [Freeze] debuffs.

King Garog

[Skill 3 – Gore Maker]

- Damage multiplier increased.

Pyxniel

[Skill 1 – Mistress of Glamours]

- Skill changed. New version: Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 30% chance of placing a [Perfect Veil] buff for 1 turn on the ally with the lowest HP. Cannot place the [Perfect Veil] buff on this Champion.

- Old version: Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 30% chance of placing a [Veil] buff on a random ally for 1 turn. Cannot place the [Veil] buff on this Champion.

[Skill 4 – Frostweaver [P]]

- The chance of stealing the [Freeze] debuff increased to 50% (was 20%)

- The chance of filling this Champion's Turn Meter by 25% increased to 35% (was 25%)

- Effect changed: Will also remove any [Freeze] debuffs from this Champion at the start of every turn.

Tomb Lord

[Skill 2 – Death Burst]

- Duration of effect changed: has a chance of placing [Poison] debuffs on all enemies for 2 turns instead of 1 turn.

[Skill 3 – Blight]

- Cooldown decreased from 6 to 5 turns.

- Aura changed: now increases Ally ACC in Doom Tower battles by 70 (was Ally DEF in Arena battles by 42%).

Warchief

[Skill 2 – Marauder]

Basileus Roanas

[Skill 2 – Triple Puncture]

- Will also ignore [Increase DEF] buffs.

[Skill 3 – Majesty]

- The chance of placing a [Stun] debuff increased to 75% (was 50%).

Crypt-King Graal

[Skill 1 – Brittleness Bane]

- Now has a 100% chance of placing a 50% [Decrease ATK] debuff for 2 turns if the target is under a [HP Burn] debuff or a [Freeze] debuff.

[Skill 2 – Death Fires]

- Skill changed. New version: Attacks all enemies. Has a 75% chance of placing a [HP Burn] debuff for 2 turns.

- Old version: Attacks 3 times at random. Has a 50% chance of placing a [HP Burn] debuff for 2 turns.

War Mother

Base stats changed. ATK increased from 1387 to 1509; DEF decreased from 958 to 903; HP decreased from 18,495 to 17,505.

[Skill 2 – Special Brew]

- Damage multiplier of Bombs increased.

- Duration of effect changed: [Bomb] debuff will detonate after 2 turns instead of 3 turns.

[Skill 3 – Mother's Touch]

- Now instantly detonates all enemy [Bomb] debuffs if this Champion is under an [Increase ATK] buff.

Grohak the Bloodied

[Skill 2 – Unbound Anger]

Each critical hit now fills this Champion's Turn Meter by 20%

[Skill 3 – Lord of War]

- Now also places a 25% [Weaken] debuff for 2 turns if this attack is critical.

Urogrim

[Skill 1 – Skullstaff]

- Will attack an enemy 2 times instead or 3.

[Skill 3 – Bizarre Vapors]

- Cooldown increased from 5 to 6 turns.

- Will now place two 5% [Poison] debuffs and one 15% [Continuous Heal] buff instead of three [Poison] debuffs and two [Continuous Heal] buffs.

Champion and battle fixes

- We fixed some issues that occurred with certain Passive Skills that caused the game to freeze, lock up, and crash. These issues affected the Geomancer's Stoneguard Passive Skill, and to avoid this problem, his Skill no longer triggers certain Masteries (Warmaster, Giant Slayer). Instead, that damage will now ignore the target's DEF (please, notice that this ignore of DEF is not specified in the Skill's description in the game, but we will fix it). Also, to compensate for the change, we've updated his Passive Skill to deal additional damage, that scales up based on the enemy's max HP, to keep its power level and make sure that Geоmancer is as effective as he was before the current rebalance.

- We’ve adjusted the AI usage of Septimus’ Ascended Behead skill, Kalvalax’s Corruption Locus skill, and Roric Wyrmbane’s Dragon Rage and Scale Breaker skills.

- Champions who hit diagonally placed targets no longer do it from the side in the pre-Boss rounds in the Ice Golem’s Peak.

- The game no longer freezes when Achak the Wendarin and Sicia Flametongue battle against the Spider in the Spider’s Den.

- Fixed a bug that caused Buff and Debuff icons to be displayed incorrectly in battle after reviving a Champion.

- Fixed a bug that caused Reaction Accessories to work incorrectly when equipped on Duchess Lilitu.

- Fixed a bug that meant you couldn’t tap directly on the Fire Knight to target him on several devices.

Game Experience Enhancements

- Added 300 more Slots to Artifact and Accessory Storages.

- The Purchase button is now disabled when there are not enough Materials to craft Artifacts from either the Lethal or Fortitude Artifact Sets.

- Fixed an issue that occurred on some players’ accounts when completing the “Finish in one of the Top 3 Positions in a Tournament Group” Clan Quest.

- Fixed a bug that caused Clan Quests to count Ascending Champions as getting new Champions.

- Fixed an error that occurred when changing Saved Team Presets in the Doom Tower and starting a new battle.

- Fixed a bug that caused your Saved Team Setup to reset after replaying and losing battles against the Dreadhorn.

- Fixed an error that occurred when there was not enough Energy for the next battle in the Multi-Battle mode when Super Raids were enabled.

That’s everything we’ve got for you! We hope these balance changes will make a big difference in helping you overcome some of Raid’s more common hurdles, so please let us know what you think over on our official Raid forums. 

Views
Comments
Oct 5, 2021, 15:1110/05/21
harleQuinnModerator
Oct 5, 2021, 22:4810/05/21
02/24/19
scot.david.sanders

This is all really rich. I spend three months building a clan boss team around a guaranteed champion. Grinding in a game that does nothing to make game play more efficient. And for what? A surprise nerf that kills like, what, 100 hours of effort in Geo and all the other champions I built to support him? And then you (the moderators) have the gall to ask for me to show you that it's a nerf?!? Just have the damn software engineers do their jobs. They have access to all of the clan boss teams anyone has ever put together on their servers. They could test their change by simply test running all of those comps on their own time and see if the damage matches up. This is software engineering 101. What we are seeing here is gross incompetence and a callous disregard for the humanity of the players they are supposed to serve.

Yes. I have that gall. I must be a monster, asking you to help me show Plarium this is a nerf. 

I get that you're angry, and I am the target of that anger, but if you had time to drag me, take a second of that and also send me a screen or two. If not for you, maybe for the people in my own clan who use Geomancer and whose teams I built. It's fine if you don't, I will still collect the screens from my clanmates and use less submissions instead of more.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 5, 2021, 22:5310/05/21
02/24/19
davidmao7612

Geomancer damage is definetely lower than before when his passive no longer trigger Giant Slayer and War Master.

See my screenshot for NM Clanboss - Force (red) affinity. Before nerf (Screenshot at Nov 4):

i

and after nerf (Screenshot today Nov 6):

i

Clearly before nerf Geomancer was doing much higher damage than Brogni and after nerf they are doing same level of damage. 

I don't think I can do 2 key UNM anymore with exactly same team. I spent money on Geomancer guranteed shard pull to build my UNM clanboss team. Now the key champ got nerfed without any notice?!!

To be honest, Geomancer was never OP and he is only good at clanboss. Plarium I want my money and resources back!

Thank you for the snaps. I will include this. I hope for a quick change, for my own clan's sake.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 5, 2021, 22:5410/05/21
02/24/19
SebastiancanesLLC

Before the nerf: 

i

After the nerf: 

i

Force Affinity

Thank you for the assistance and screenshots. Much appreciated.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 5, 2021, 23:0110/05/21
Oct 5, 2021, 23:08(edited)
02/24/19
Amurr330

Pre change -

• Many players use Giant Slayer to make use of the multiple 'hits' that proc it (quotations are for the fact they did not count as hits agaisnt say FK shield) to deal increased damage due to usually getting 2-3 procs on average vs the single proc of Warmaster.
  • Use of Giant Slayer adds 7.5% HP damage to typical mobs encountered in dungeons/waves.
  • Geomancer is capable of healling of the damage his passive does, adding sustainability to the champion - also helping his damage as he stays up. 

Change as invisoned, tested, and implimented -

• Given flat 4% damage vs all opponents, with a 1 time 60% proc (that isn't even correct, I'll try and get screenshots if I have to but the passive only deals 75k against CB when Rhazin with Giant Slayer that is only supposed to be 3% deals 77k and change)
  • Healing is removed from proc damage, significantly dropping survivability.

I'm sorry - but them forcing it to not use the masteries, and instead force it to behave like Warmaster over Giant Slayer is already a very clear nerf without testing. As is the very clear and obvious loss of 3.5% HP damage vs waves and if I recall from the top of my head more for Warmaster procs against wave champions or arena ones. And so too is the removal of the ability to heal from that damage dealt. The fact that this change should have been tested, should have revealed all of this before it ever went live. Unless the reason it didn't end up in the post, or in the videos CC's like HellHades put out about the patches, is that it was a rushed and untested adjustment - which I know from taking the class is something literally taught in Game Design 101 to NOT do. 

I don't see how this was 'unintended' - I know that's what they are telling you guys, and trying to sell to us, but there is no way that the people who's job it is to balance and program this game and all, should not know all of what I listed above would be a nerf without testing, let alone with. There is no way, if this was even remotely close to properly tested, that how big a nerf this is should have slipped through, let alone the bug you guy shad to hotfix on the damage - which honestly, the more belevivable story would be 'sorry guys, we rushed to fix a bug (that I honestly never once encountered in the weeks I've had the champ) and did not actually test what we did properly, sorry'. Followed by 'heres a bunch of usually hard to get chickens, books, and maybe even shards for the massive headaches we just caused you all, and all the stuff we just messed up for you'. And if they seriously could not tell these adjustments would be a nerf, and did not see in testing, unless no testing was done which is itself then an issue, that this was a nerf, then that raises whole other levels of concern than what comes across as shady practices thinly veiled. 

I am not going to argue with y'all about it, or dispute off the cuff numbers and calcs. I did my own calcs on a darn sticky note and thought, Oh Crap, this is probably a nerf. 

No, I'm just stating what I've been told. Basically, if his passive was nerfed by the change, Plarium intends to fix. But they aren't in the studio now, and won't be for several hours. 

If there is no change after they have time to look at it, I will be as frustrated as all of you are. Until they do get in, I'm just collecting more player info. If you can get the screens of the damage differences you mentioned, that would be great. I want to see a per hit diff myself to try and suss out how they are calculating Dec Dec/Weaken versus Ignore Def for this skill.

Oct 6, 2021, 00:2410/06/21
03/19/20

Heard from Murder Inc that the nerf was not as intended. I know the bug was not as intended and you fixed that within hours. My Geo still has the same skill info as this morning. But you told Murdering that you thought everyone was using Warcaster and you were going to set it back. Do you even bother to look at the content creators? they all said use Giant slayer. I've been using Geo in my CB for 2 months with no freezing problems so I don't know why we had to "FIX" him. I've dumped ridiculous amounts of money into this game but it keeps getting less and less. and as of now it is no more. I've got a maxed gem mine so you wont even get my 9.99 monthly gem purchase any longer.

You guys need to figure out there aren't a bunch of F2P players out here. We are a bunch of stop giving our money to a bunch of scumbags who hate us players. 

It cost you nothing to do the right thing but I'm pretty sure it costs you tons when you don't. Whales will be whales but if you are stupid enough to base your company strategy on whales then you are destined for failure. 

Signing out as a never again spender not a Free2Player.

Oct 6, 2021, 00:3910/06/21
03/19/20

Heck I had to switch out to a HP chest just to be able to survive the first 5 rounds of CB. Healing is a factor here people. DMG is most definitly a factor. 

So.. the programmers left after the hot fix but told Murder inc that they were working on putting Geo back the way he was.  I'm sure this will take months to sort out instead of 5 hours. 

Or the 48 hours between patch notes with no Geomancer nerf and and the nerf because we had to do it at the last minute.

YOU ACTUALLY MADE THE UROGRIM NERF A NON ISSUE. WTG!!!!!!

Oct 6, 2021, 01:4710/06/21
03/19/20

25% loss in damage. If I can keep him alive through the rotation to get unkillable to work. took 5 tries.

i

i

Oct 6, 2021, 02:1410/06/21
03/19/20
kozhewatow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJz0ttLyeB4

this blogger showed a bug for Geomancer. Extra high damage!!!  how is this possible!!??

i

Thats nothing. This was my run today.

i

His "nerfed ability" did 4% of CB HP in damage. They forgot to mitigate so that it was supposed to work like warmaster mastery. Only, Warmaster is capped to a percentage a lot less than 4% on CB. its 4% everywhere else in the game.

Oct 6, 2021, 03:2110/06/21
09/28/21

After the patch, Urogrim became an unplayable character. Please return his characteristics, or compensate the players for the losses for this hero. You can't do that at all - the whole community is outraged!

Oct 6, 2021, 03:2710/06/21
03/27/19

now you broke geomancer stoneguard

he is not deflecting attack  

Oct 6, 2021, 05:2810/06/21
01/11/20
harleQuinn

I am not going to argue with y'all about it, or dispute off the cuff numbers and calcs. I did my own calcs on a darn sticky note and thought, Oh Crap, this is probably a nerf. 

No, I'm just stating what I've been told. Basically, if his passive was nerfed by the change, Plarium intends to fix. But they aren't in the studio now, and won't be for several hours. 

If there is no change after they have time to look at it, I will be as frustrated as all of you are. Until they do get in, I'm just collecting more player info. If you can get the screens of the damage differences you mentioned, that would be great. I want to see a per hit diff myself to try and suss out how they are calculating Dec Dec/Weaken versus Ignore Def for this skill.

Hopefuilly this will be worth the key and the 3 seperate programs to get them (game really should just have a screenshot function).

That is a proc from each hit of the CB's attack due to affinity (the 2 75's at the end, still a downgrade when you could get 3+ at times) with the new passive skill.

i

This is Rhazin, and because I haven't changed masteries yet (cause if they unfix him I don't want to redo masteries yet again) Geomancer procing Giant Slayer

i

i

Difference of 2,639 per proc, 13,195 damage every 5 procs. Not as much lost as from the loss of additional procs or the lower survivability of the champ from not healing off the passive damage now - but it still adds to it and can be the difference of having to use another key at times. 

And like I said, I get you and the other moderators are stating what you've been told, been there on the 'heres what you tell them is happening' line. And sure they say 'they'll fix it'. My bit was more about why there story to you guys, to give to us, doesn't add up for me that what I assume are proffesional game designers and what not in the actual company somehow didn't see this. Wasn't realy meant to be about debating, more what I see between what they said in the ingame notes, what they are having you guys say, and what I'm observing - none of which is a particularly good look for them. Cause it basically is between a story that seems honestly far-fetched that they missed all of this, but if true is astonishingly shoddy workmanship to somehow overlook, on multiple levels with what should have been several checks the nerf that it is, plus the bug that made it through for massive damage, and then even hotfixing that apparently messing it up again that while close is still less damage than it should proc for - with a side of 'was it rushed' to begin with since this change came out of the blue for us. 

Oct 6, 2021, 05:5610/06/21
01/07/20
harleQuinn

Yes. I have that gall. I must be a monster, asking you to help me show Plarium this is a nerf. 

I get that you're angry, and I am the target of that anger, but if you had time to drag me, take a second of that and also send me a screen or two. If not for you, maybe for the people in my own clan who use Geomancer and whose teams I built. It's fine if you don't, I will still collect the screens from my clanmates and use less submissions instead of more.

I apologize. I'm not angry at you. I'm really just angry at myself. Plarium has proven to me time and again that they are not particularly competent when it comes to software development nor client relations. The last several hours have proven that in wild over-abundance. And yet, time after time, I lead myself to believe that someone at Plarium has learned a lesson, that next time it will be different. I keep hoping that something good and fun and exciting will come of this game. For every positive thing that I might get really excited about there's always two things that make me furious. I'm angry at my optimism. I'm angry that I think people can and will improve. I'm angry that I have faith in people to make something great and fun to play. It hurts to watch something you love get treated so badly. And worse when you're completely powerless to stop it. I don't envy the role you've chosen as moderator but I respect it. That's an enormously difficult task with a company that continues to be polarizing. If the development team needs screenshots, they are a lot further worse off than I had imagined. But since you asked, and helpfully tried to defuse my anger, I will try. I can't get you screenshots today as the affinity doesn't work for me. I should have something tomorrow after the reset.

Oct 6, 2021, 06:4910/06/21
11/09/19

Very nice from you to nerf the champion for who you had an event.....

So now I need to create now another CB, i will tell the champions that i will use so you can nerf them too, after i invest time and resources in them.

Oct 6, 2021, 06:5310/06/21
Oct 6, 2021, 07:05(edited)
12/24/20
Amurr330

I'm sorry - but are you for real? 'Did not intend for this to be a nerf'? I'm sorry if this comes across as rude and offensive but anyone with half a brain should be able to realize, without us coming here since they are paid to work on this game, that making it a flat 4% on a 60% chance one time that no longer heals the champ is a freaking nerf. 

Most players ran Giant Slayer cause hey - it could proc 2-3 times ona hit, with Giant Slayer also vs normal mobs giving us a total of 7.5% HP done against them. so that's 1-2 less hits of a % proc x number of turns a team survives. So if we just call it 50k to keep the math simple, in a team that runs 20 turns, your costing them between 1-2 million damage per run and again that's an example number, it's actually higher in many cases. I just ran nightmare after your hotfix - and it not counting my pre-fix run cause of timing, my damage agaisnt Force Affinity CB went down AT MINIMUM 20% as I was usually hitting around 36 million, and I just ran a sub 29 million. Then again the reflects themselves seem to also be doing less damage as I'm seeing 100's, not 1000's. And oh, by the way, you guys screwed up the damage from the procs AGAIN, because the 4% proc from my Geomancer is dealing a flat 75k like his HP burn, when my Rhazin, who has a working Giant Slayer proc at only 3%, is dealing 77 and change per hit which again, starts to add up. It also changes the champions ability to heal off damage from what it was - because now, he doesn't heal off the procs at all - which is an absolutely massive nerf to his usability and his survivability compared to prenerf. Or did you testers not realize this - or did you guys not even test these changes just throw them out there thinking everything would be okay? If the ignore DEF adds anything to the damage it's so trivial as to be irrelevent. 

Make it that we can heal off the damage, and either straight up an auto version of Giant Slayer off the reflects, or 3% at a 40-50% chance if your going to have it 1 flat percent vs all targets to make up for the damage lost to adds and perhaps being a compromise for any that didn't run Giant Slayer over Warmaster, and then we can talk about it maybe not being a nerf. But seriously, none of the people that test, none of the people that develop, program, balance, etc thought this was a nerf or noticed it's effects? This kind of nonsense is what not only stopped me spending money on games like World of Warships - but drove me away entirely. 

By the way - reagardless of how you fix this nerf - if you actually do, you need to come up with a way to refund us since we now need to change masteries and invested other resources in to him that were now out. Could have put the 800 gems toward the damn fusion instead since he'll likely be mostly benched for months while you figure this out.

Hi I've noticed the same. 

Geomancer is not healing as well any more. Also is his damage less on the Clanboss, before the nerf.

My first Testrun at the Spidersden saved me a lot of time. But Geomancer my main Damagedealer at the Clanboss. (Next to frozen Banshee.

At the Spiders Den he is mostly in there as a tank. (with HP Burn) because of his great healing ability. Which is also nerved horrobly by the Changes.

Please undo the NERF on Geomancer. Since you first and foremost did not intend to NERF him at all. The lag Bugs and other issues you can solve otherwise. Plarium makes enough money to get good coders. 

The EVENT I got Geomancer was the 15 Shard Event. Almost a month ago.

OracleCommunity Manager
Oct 6, 2021, 13:4110/06/21
03/02/21

Hey, guys! Yes, Geomancer's Passive Skill has changed, but it was not a rebalance but a fix of a problem that caused the game to crash sometimes. This fix was supposed to change the inner mechanics of the Skill but not its performance.

However, things went not exactly as we planned. That's why we've made another fix to get Geomancer back on track. You can find out more about our position and details on the fix here: https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/843_news/20927_fix-of-the-geomancer-s-passive-skill/ 

Oct 6, 2021, 15:3310/06/21
05/26/20

What other passive skills were changed? What characters? My unm unkillable clan boss team is no longer unkillable.