All Categories

Patch Notes (05.10.21) Update 4.70

Patch Notes (05.10.21) Update 4.70

Boss Guides, Champion balance changes, and more!

This update brings a new Boss Guides feature and several quality-of-life improvements, along with some Champion balance changes to help you guys get over some common PvP & PvE hurdles. Read on to find out more!

Boss Guides

We’re introducing a new feature that tells you all about the various Raid Bosses and how to beat them before you get into a fight. Every Dungeon, every Boss Stage in the Doom Tower, Faction Wars, and even the Clan Boss, will all have a special pop-up that contains full descriptions of the Boss’ Skills and the overall strategy you’ll need to deal with them. The pop-up menu will be accessible via a special button on the Team Selection screen.

If that alone isn’t enough, the second tab of every Boss Guide will list the 10 fastest Teams of the Week that beat that Boss. For the Clan Boss, the Teams that have dealt the maximum damage using one Clan Boss key will be shown there. 

This extra information will let you plan and adjust your Teams properly before entering a difficult Battle and give you a much better chance of success!

Champion Balance Changes

We’ve made changes to some of the Champions. Here’s everything you need to know:

Teela Goremane

- Base stats changed: Base SPD increased from 87 to 93 (98 Ascended).

[Skill 1 – Hexdrinker Scimitar]

- Added effect: Now has a 50% chance of stealing another random buff if the target is under 2 or more buffs.

[Skill 2 – Pyre Strike]

- Cooldown decreased from 4 to 3 turns.

- Effect changed: Now places a 15% [Continuous Heal] buff on all allies for 2 turns every time - not only when the attack is critical.

- Aura changed: now increases Ally RESIST in all Battles by 50 (was 35).

Robar

- Base stats changed: Base SPD increased from 87 to 97.

[Skill 3 – Merciless Assault]

- Effect changed: Now deals more damage if the target is under [Fear], [True Fear], [Freeze], [Provoke], [Sleep], or [Stun] debuffs.

- Old version: Deals more damage if the target is under [Sleep], [Stun] or [Freeze] debuffs.

King Garog

[Skill 3 – Gore Maker]

- Damage multiplier increased.

Pyxniel

[Skill 1 – Mistress of Glamours]

- Skill changed. New version: Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 30% chance of placing a [Perfect Veil] buff for 1 turn on the ally with the lowest HP. Cannot place the [Perfect Veil] buff on this Champion.

- Old version: Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 30% chance of placing a [Veil] buff on a random ally for 1 turn. Cannot place the [Veil] buff on this Champion.

[Skill 4 – Frostweaver [P]]

- The chance of stealing the [Freeze] debuff increased to 50% (was 20%)

- The chance of filling this Champion's Turn Meter by 25% increased to 35% (was 25%)

- Effect changed: Will also remove any [Freeze] debuffs from this Champion at the start of every turn.

Tomb Lord

[Skill 2 – Death Burst]

- Duration of effect changed: has a chance of placing [Poison] debuffs on all enemies for 2 turns instead of 1 turn.

[Skill 3 – Blight]

- Cooldown decreased from 6 to 5 turns.

- Aura changed: now increases Ally ACC in Doom Tower battles by 70 (was Ally DEF in Arena battles by 42%).

Warchief

[Skill 2 – Marauder]

Basileus Roanas

[Skill 2 – Triple Puncture]

- Will also ignore [Increase DEF] buffs.

[Skill 3 – Majesty]

- The chance of placing a [Stun] debuff increased to 75% (was 50%).

Crypt-King Graal

[Skill 1 – Brittleness Bane]

- Now has a 100% chance of placing a 50% [Decrease ATK] debuff for 2 turns if the target is under a [HP Burn] debuff or a [Freeze] debuff.

[Skill 2 – Death Fires]

- Skill changed. New version: Attacks all enemies. Has a 75% chance of placing a [HP Burn] debuff for 2 turns.

- Old version: Attacks 3 times at random. Has a 50% chance of placing a [HP Burn] debuff for 2 turns.

War Mother

Base stats changed. ATK increased from 1387 to 1509; DEF decreased from 958 to 903; HP decreased from 18,495 to 17,505.

[Skill 2 – Special Brew]

- Damage multiplier of Bombs increased.

- Duration of effect changed: [Bomb] debuff will detonate after 2 turns instead of 3 turns.

[Skill 3 – Mother's Touch]

- Now instantly detonates all enemy [Bomb] debuffs if this Champion is under an [Increase ATK] buff.

Grohak the Bloodied

[Skill 2 – Unbound Anger]

Each critical hit now fills this Champion's Turn Meter by 20%

[Skill 3 – Lord of War]

- Now also places a 25% [Weaken] debuff for 2 turns if this attack is critical.

Urogrim

[Skill 1 – Skullstaff]

- Will attack an enemy 2 times instead or 3.

[Skill 3 – Bizarre Vapors]

- Cooldown increased from 5 to 6 turns.

- Will now place two 5% [Poison] debuffs and one 15% [Continuous Heal] buff instead of three [Poison] debuffs and two [Continuous Heal] buffs.

Champion and battle fixes

- We fixed some issues that occurred with certain Passive Skills that caused the game to freeze, lock up, and crash. These issues affected the Geomancer's Stoneguard Passive Skill, and to avoid this problem, his Skill no longer triggers certain Masteries (Warmaster, Giant Slayer). Instead, that damage will now ignore the target's DEF (please, notice that this ignore of DEF is not specified in the Skill's description in the game, but we will fix it). Also, to compensate for the change, we've updated his Passive Skill to deal additional damage, that scales up based on the enemy's max HP, to keep its power level and make sure that Geоmancer is as effective as he was before the current rebalance.

- We’ve adjusted the AI usage of Septimus’ Ascended Behead skill, Kalvalax’s Corruption Locus skill, and Roric Wyrmbane’s Dragon Rage and Scale Breaker skills.

- Champions who hit diagonally placed targets no longer do it from the side in the pre-Boss rounds in the Ice Golem’s Peak.

- The game no longer freezes when Achak the Wendarin and Sicia Flametongue battle against the Spider in the Spider’s Den.

- Fixed a bug that caused Buff and Debuff icons to be displayed incorrectly in battle after reviving a Champion.

- Fixed a bug that caused Reaction Accessories to work incorrectly when equipped on Duchess Lilitu.

- Fixed a bug that meant you couldn’t tap directly on the Fire Knight to target him on several devices.

Game Experience Enhancements

- Added 300 more Slots to Artifact and Accessory Storages.

- The Purchase button is now disabled when there are not enough Materials to craft Artifacts from either the Lethal or Fortitude Artifact Sets.

- Fixed an issue that occurred on some players’ accounts when completing the “Finish in one of the Top 3 Positions in a Tournament Group” Clan Quest.

- Fixed a bug that caused Clan Quests to count Ascending Champions as getting new Champions.

- Fixed an error that occurred when changing Saved Team Presets in the Doom Tower and starting a new battle.

- Fixed a bug that caused your Saved Team Setup to reset after replaying and losing battles against the Dreadhorn.

- Fixed an error that occurred when there was not enough Energy for the next battle in the Multi-Battle mode when Super Raids were enabled.

That’s everything we’ve got for you! We hope these balance changes will make a big difference in helping you overcome some of Raid’s more common hurdles, so please let us know what you think over on our official Raid forums. 

Views
Comments
Oct 5, 2021, 15:1110/05/21
Oct 5, 2021, 15:2510/05/21
04/08/21

Uhh...youre  missing  a  big  one.  Don't  forget  to  mention  how  yall  shadow  nerfed  geomancer  without  even  putting  it  in  the  patch  notes  after  running  an  event  for  him!  Not  cool  guys!

Oct 5, 2021, 15:2710/05/21
04/02/21

kinda funny... i have not heard anything about game freezes with geo ... still you are "fixing" another great epic in geomancer , one almost everyone could get and tried to get...in way that nothing "should" change.... without mentioning it in the original patch notes....

i can't help but wonder...had there not been a bug ....we would wonder now, why our geomancer is just not as effective as before... instead of staring at his "bug" numbers in aw and admiration...

Oct 5, 2021, 15:4310/05/21
03/21/21

Just give us back our recources for Urogrim and Geo, that will be fine, and still nothing in Patch notes about geo Passive nerf, keep doing it Plarium till none play ur game

Oct 5, 2021, 15:4610/05/21
01/27/21

So you nerf Geomancer without putting it in the notes before the patch.  Then you don't test internally so when you release it, the enemy max HP isn't capped vs the clan boss and everyone sets new personal records.  Do you have any idea how bad you make yourself look?  Be honest and upfront with us.  Nerf characters before 2x events and 10x events.  Create a test server and let the community test OR hire people who specialize in testing because what you are doing isn't working.

Oct 5, 2021, 15:4910/05/21
01/23/21

Hey dear Plarium Games Team ..... Something isn't ok with Geomance or is it? 

I had him in my team on clan Boss Nightmare .... normally I do up to 10 mio damage with one key .... now I do 192 Mio damage with same team? 

Oct 5, 2021, 16:1410/05/21
Oct 5, 2021, 17:07(edited)
03/06/21

When you did events for Geomancer I've spent money to get him for 40 ancient shards, you just threw my account in dirt.

I will rather throw my money in a toilet then buy anything from Plarium ever again.

Edited by Moderator. Removed mention of Urogrim 10x. There was no 10x for Urogrim. - Harbs 

Oct 5, 2021, 16:1810/05/21
01/04/20

They did not intend for this to be a nerf,  if you notice your damage goes down please post about so we can provide that feedback to Plarium. 

Oct 5, 2021, 16:3010/05/21
04/02/21
Harbby

They did not intend for this to be a nerf,  if you notice your damage goes down please post about so we can provide that feedback to Plarium. 

do you expect us to believe this.... in no way will he be as effective....and also why don't they tell us about it together before with all the other champion changes???....

can't wait that plarium gets our feedback ... because we all saw how much they cared about / noticed it / reacted to it with daily login rewards , with urogrim ..............and so on ....

NO offense guys, you are doing your job....and this is moderating here.... but plarium is screwing all its players and probably you guys too, because they bring you into an impossible position, where everyone is angry as f..., and you guys  can't do anything about it because they DO NOT LISTEN, one iota....neither to us customers, nor to you guys!!!

Oct 5, 2021, 16:3510/05/21
11/18/19
theLup

When you did events for Geomancer I've spent money to get him for 40 ancient shards, you just threw my account in dirt.

I will rather throw my money in a toilet then buy anything from Plarium ever again.

Edited by Moderator. Removed mention of Urogrim 10x. There was no 10x for Urogrim. - Harbs 

Harbs, sorry, but TheLup did not mention Urogrim on his post, but Geomancer, who actually was in a x10

Oct 5, 2021, 16:3610/05/21
05/11/19

Nerf or not - something was changed in way champion works. (You guys even admit [discord] to not changing skill description)

Why that information was not included in patch notes?

Someone would have tested Geomancer and that fail wouldnt happen.

Maybe try to consider informing as about anything that changes the way champion works.

Oct 5, 2021, 16:5010/05/21
01/27/21

Ok, so a bug (that with minimal testing by Plarium or by providing a test server could have been caught) which benefits the players gets hotfixed in hours.  Bugs which hurt the players though... how long do they take on that?  How about rebalancing which is exactly the same thing they are doing to Geomancer right now with the hotfix (cap on damage, change the multipliers, etc).  They said they don't have the capacity to do it but they sure fixed this immediately.  Plarium, we don't believe you.  Please just be honest with us.  Just tell us you like your money and don't want to hire an adequate staff.  We won't be happy but we'll be less unhappy than when we are told things which are obviously not true.

Oct 5, 2021, 16:5610/05/21
06/15/21

So everyone is furious about the Urogrim nerf the last week, but instead of listening to their players they throw in a surprise nerf (which it was supposed to be) for geo as well??

Oct 5, 2021, 17:0110/05/21
02/05/21

Plarium,  this  is  not  fair  at  all    I  spend  money  to  buy  geomancer,  I  spend  time  and  resources that  you  don care.  It's unfair from  you  to  nerf  champion to  the  ground  and  not  to  give  me  everything  that  I  spend  back .    It's very  upsetting how  you  guys  treat your  player .  

Oct 5, 2021, 17:0310/05/21
Oct 5, 2021, 17:08(edited)
01/04/20
000macnic

Harbs, sorry, but TheLup did not mention Urogrim on his post, but Geomancer, who actually was in a x10

He did, I edited it out. I made the edit more clear. Thank you 

Oct 5, 2021, 17:0810/05/21
Oct 5, 2021, 17:10(edited)
07/11/21

Thankfully I pulled him normally so I didn't waste money on the shards to get him. Sorry to those who did. That said he now has useless masteries, given that giantslayer makes no sense for him now. Can we get our 800 gems, or energy used in minotaur, refunded in line with the totally planned nerf. You know, the one that was never announced so that people would spend money during the recent 2x before they were angry.

FYI Geo isn't even reflecting dmg anymore and it appears his tm reduction is also off. I just tested it in a dragon run. 

Oct 5, 2021, 17:1410/05/21
07/11/21
Harbby

We don't spend money in this game to be your play testers. What a ridiculous response. Why don't you go into your Scroog McDuck style vault and spend a little bit of your gold on hiring playtesters, instead of asking us to pay you for the privilege of play testing your game.

Oct 5, 2021, 17:1710/05/21
07/11/21

Additionally stop forcing doom tower auras on us. Tomb lord's aura already made no sense for arena, now it's doom tower? His kit is clearly for dungeons, why not keep the defence aura but make it in all battles or in dungeons. Nobody wants more doom tower only auras.

Oct 5, 2021, 17:2310/05/21
Oct 5, 2021, 17:32(edited)
07/09/20

🤮  i  just  want  to  know  how  after  so  much  time,  you  finally  buff  Teela  and  shes  still  garbage?  I  don't get  why  its  so  hard for  you  all  to  test  before  champ  release  and/or  garbage  buffs  like  this  one.

Oct 5, 2021, 17:3510/05/21
01/12/20

Another shadow change on a guaranteed champion, and another dirty move.

Test champions before you release them. You have a test server for this kind of things. Otherwise you make us feel stupid for trusting you and giving you our time and our money.

The only smart move we hope you do is to keep Geomancer as it is right now. Anything else is BS.