All Categories

Patch Notes (04.08.21) Update 4.50

Patch Notes (04.08.21) Update 4.50

New Clan Features, Doom Tower Champions, and more!

i

This update brings Clan Improvements, a bigger Champion Collection, new Daily Login Rewards, and many other fixes and changes. Here’s the list of everything:

Clan Level, Clan Quests, Clan Benefits, and the Clan Shop.

Clan Levels & Benefits. All Clans now have Levels and give game-boosting Benefits to Clan Members. The higher the Clan’s Level, the bigger and better the Benefits. Each Clan Member will receive the following Benefits just for being in a Clan:

- Extra Campaign Silver. This increases the amount of Silver each member gets from farming Campaign stages.

- Extra Multi-Battle Attempts in the Dungeons and the Campaign.

- Increased Number of Clan Shop Slots. This unlocks access to additional Items in the Clan Shop.

- Increased Number of Clan Quests per week.

Clans earn Clan XP and level up as their Members complete Clan activities - such as Clan Quests and Clan Achievements. There are 20 Clan Levels. Clans that have already completed some Achievements will have already earned some Clan XP and may already be higher than Clan Level 1 when this feature goes live.

Note: Clan XP is tied to the Clan, so you won’t take it with you if you leave or get removed from a Clan, and the Clan won’t lose any Clan XP.

Clan Quests. Every week, your Clan will get a number of special missions to complete. They come in three levels of difficulty: Basic, Expert, and Elite. Elite Quests unlock at Clan Level 5, but Basic and Expert Clan Quests are available right away.

To start working on a Quest, a Clan Member has to decide to take it. Once a Clan Member takes a Quest, no one else can attempt that Quest that week. Coordinate with your Clan Members, and only grab the Quests you know you can complete.

Clan Quests refresh every Tuesday at 08:00 UTC. Each Clan Member can only take up to 3 Clan Quests per week, and progress for all Quests is tracked simultaneously. The Clan Quests tab will show a player’s name and avatar next to any Quests they’ve taken.

The higher your Clan's Level, the more Quests it will have available every week. Quests on offer will be spread evenly between Basic, Expert, and (once unlocked) Elite levels of difficulty.

Every 30 Clan Quests your Clan completes will earn the Clan some Clan XP. You'll also get Clan Gold for completing each Quest, which can be spent in the Clan Shop.

Clan Shop. The Clan Shop is where Clan Members can exchange Clan Gold for Items. The Clan Shop starts with 4 item Slots, but can expand all the way up to 12 Slots in total. Each Slot has its own pool of Items, and every week, each Slot will roll something new.

The Items in each Slot will be the same for every Clan. Higher Level Clans will just have access to more Items due to having more Slots unlocked.

The Clan Shop refreshes around the same time as Clan Quests (with a slight delay).

There’s a lot of new Clan content - so get together with your Clan, explore the new features, and start reaping the rewards. Now, onto the rest...

New Doom Tower Fragment Champions.

We’ve added 6 more Champions that can be obtained from Champion Fragments found in Secret Rooms in the Doom Tower. Here they are:

Normal Difficulty:

Taya

• Rarity: Epic
  • Type: Attack
  • Affinity: Void
  • Faction: Shadowkin

Dark Kael

• Affinity: Magic
  • Faction: Dark Elves

Gwynneth

• Faction: Dark Elves

Hard Difficulty:

Varl the Destroyer

• Rarity: Legendary
  • Affinity: Spirit
  • Faction: Orcs

Ba Satha

• Type: HP
  • Faction: Lizardmen

Vasal of the Seal

• Type: HP
  • Affinity: Force
  • Faction: Demonspawn

Note: these Champions can’t be summoned from Shards and are only available in the Doom Tower.

Daily Login Rewards changes.

We’ve added Champion Fragments to the final 30-Day repeating stage of the Login Rewards program (Days 271+) and swapped another reward around. The first Fragments will be for Cleopterix, and will switch out for another Champion after you’ve managed to collect all of Cleopterix’s Fragments. Note: this Champion will not drop from Sacred Shards. Here are the changes:

- Day 10: 300 Energy → Champion Fragments

- Day 25: Rank 5 Chicken → 300 Energy

- Day 30: Sacred Shard → Champion Fragments.

For those who are already in the final 30-Day stage of the Login Rewards program, your rewards will be updated for the next cycle after you collect your final reward (Sacred Shard) in the current one.

Game Experience Enhancements

- Increased the maximum number of Slots in your Champion Collection and Inbox from 300 to 400.

- Added an option to sell Artifacts and Accessories from the Multi-Battle result window.

- Rebalanced some Arena and Artifact-related Progress Missions to make them a little more accessible and easier to complete.

- Fixed a bug that resulted in selling similar Artifacts from the inbox when trying to sell Artifacts after opening a Classic Arena Chest.

- Fixed an error that occurred when opening up the Saved Teams & Skill Instructions Guide.

- The Go button in Progress Missions when you need to beat a certain Boss Stage will now lead to that exact Stage.

- Disabled hotkeys when changing a Saved Team name on Plarium Play.

- Disabled the ability to scroll during the Saved Teams feature tutorial due to it causing the tutorial to freeze.

- Fixed a bug that caused Multi-Battle attempts from Multi-Battle items to disappear after purchasing a Raid Card.

- Fixed an error that occurred if there was an apostrophe in a Saved Team name.

- Fixed a bug that allowed you to equip an Accessory from the wrong Faction when using the Fitting Room.

Champion and battle fixes

- Changed the Decrease C. DMG debuff to be a percentage reduction of the stat, rather than a flat number.

- The value of Shield buffs on Rotos the Lost Groom will be taken into account when his Spurn Oblivion Passive skill triggers.

- Fixed a bug that caused the popup that was supposed to warn you before you sacrifice a Common or Uncommon Champion used in a Saved Team to be shown after sacrificing in certain cases.

- Fixed a bug that caused Lyssandra’s Transference skill to transfer debuffs received from Krisk the Ageless’ Might of Ages Passive skill even after Lyssandra finished attacking.

- Skill Instructions now work as intended in Multi-Battle mode.

- Zavia no longer uses her Deadly Catalyst skill on the Clan Boss on Auto.

- Fixed an issue that caused Bosses to block self-placed debuffs (such as the Sleep debuff that should be placed by the “Protector” Crypt Keeper’s Reconstruct skill)

That’s everything we’ve got for you! We’re excited to hear what you think, so don’t forget to head on over to our forums to let us know what you think of these changes. 

Views
Comments
Aug 4, 2021, 12:3208/04/21
Aug 4, 2021, 15:4108/04/21
08/30/20

add auto battle button on faction wars .. chisus .. is that soo hard !?

Aug 4, 2021, 15:4908/04/21
Aug 4, 2021, 15:51(edited)
03/15/21

I do not see the the point of a test server if you do not listen at all the feedbacks made by the content creators and their communities.

It is so weird to be obliged to compete with clan members to lock quests.

Moreover with all the best coordination, there are 20 quests for 30 clan members ...

It would be be nice to have clan quests which each clan member can contribute. All clan members joining theirs efforts to be rewarded with the same clan currency for each clan member

Aug 4, 2021, 15:5008/04/21
Aug 4, 2021, 23:26(edited)
06/22/20
Oracle

Thank you for the feedback! I would like to note that those new Clan features are a relatively new addition to the game. I understand that some aspects might seem frustrating to you, and in some cases, some rebalance is needed. That all requires some time for testing and will come in due course. 

Please, remain civil and keep your feedback as constructive as possible. This way, it is easier for us to process it and to forward it to the game designers

Its brand new nonsense over old nonsense. Rebalance on an update wich is what? 6 hours old? Its already tested and ended in every clan until next week. We have been constructive for long time and you does not care. Its easy to process.

We just need to stop spending until BIG changes came to the game. I will not spend a peny and probably quit the game... Just hope everybody does the same...

Edited

Aug 4, 2021, 15:5108/04/21
Aug 4, 2021, 23:26(edited)
05/31/21

Such nice ideias. Such a bad way to apply it, what a talent!! Everybody complains and nobody listen. 

Edited

Aug 4, 2021, 15:5308/04/21
Aug 4, 2021, 15:58(edited)
05/29/19

Not a good patch.

• Clan Quests are causing drama (as predicted by everyone except Plarium)
  • No in-game table for Clan Quest progression rewards and requirements
  • Clan Quests completed should reward ALL players in the Clan - rewarding individuals is causing the drama
  • Clan shop - shop entries are meh, and pricing is "weird - just creat ONE shop/bazaar for all game-modes and have a tab for champions/gear/3v3/Clan, etc. - no reason to navigate to different areas of content to vist the shop
  • Not all clan-mates get to do a Clan Quest each week?  Only 20 available for a week when clans have 30 members?  Seriously stupid.

REMOVAL OF THE 5* CHICKEN AND SACRED SHARD HAVE PEOPLE IN OUR CLAN TALKING OF QUITING.  - Please consider reverting this, or changing to lower tier log-in reward entries (forge tokens, brews, etc.)

Aug 4, 2021, 15:5608/04/21
01/19/21

I'm fairly confident that swallowing a live grenade is not a good idea with no testing required. It's quite baffling that you didn't come to the same conclusion about the clan quest system, which is only slightly less obvious about it than the grenade.

Aug 4, 2021, 16:0408/04/21
08/04/21
meyernc75

The community gave a fairly collective "DO NOT TAKE THE CHICKEN AND SHARD" and plarium just said 'nah we think you're getting too much, here's a mediocre legendary'

That's the way it goes when they make the final decisions we can only suggest hopefully we will get the 5 star chicken some other way from them but at least it's going to be a legend that we'll get from them compared to getting dupes of  epics from the previous rewards program but the chicken and books shouldn't be replaced unless it's for another way to make upgrades to your champions to make them stronger 

Aug 4, 2021, 16:0808/04/21
02/19/21

Well on a good note, the daily log in rewards will help make some older players and account sales companies work a little harder.

When you think of the amount of players running low level accounts just logging in to collect prime daily awards. Then log off. Using low level accounts with decent upgraded gear in arena to up their affinity stats over periods of months. without even playing the game.

Typically scamming ranking from new players that do not know what to look for and what to avoid in the arena.

this has been an easy way to exploit the game and new players. 

I personally think that they should make people work a little harder for the daily log in rewards!

Aug 4, 2021, 16:0808/04/21
07/27/19
Trieg

Not a good patch.

• Clan Quests are causing drama (as predicted by everyone except Plarium)
  • No in-game table for Clan Quest progression rewards and requirements
  • Clan Quests completed should reward ALL players in the Clan - rewarding individuals is causing the drama
  • Clan shop - shop entries are meh, and pricing is "weird - just creat ONE shop/bazaar for all game-modes and have a tab for champions/gear/3v3/Clan, etc. - no reason to navigate to different areas of content to vist the shop
  • Not all clan-mates get to do a Clan Quest each week?  Only 20 available for a week when clans have 30 members?  Seriously stupid.

REMOVAL OF THE 5* CHICKEN AND SACRED SHARD HAVE PEOPLE IN OUR CLAN TALKING OF QUITING.  - Please consider reverting this, or changing to lower tier log-in reward entries (forge tokens, brews, etc.)

fully agreed, this patch looks like plarium hates players and want them to leave

Aug 4, 2021, 16:1208/04/21
05/29/19
Oracle

Thank you for the feedback! I would like to note that those new Clan features are a relatively new addition to the game. I understand that some aspects might seem frustrating to you, and in some cases, some rebalance is needed. That all requires some time for testing and will come in due course. 

Please, remain civil and keep your feedback as constructive as possible. This way, it is easier for us to process it and to forward it to the game designers

Sadly for the quality of this patch, the feedback has been civil.  Plarium isn't listening to "constructive" AT ALL.  When you demonstrate active-listening to your player-base, and the content-creators in the test-server, then you'll actually have the ability to ask for civil and constructive feedback.

Learn to listen AND accept feedback - feels like it only falls on deaf ears at Plarium.  You're wasting any goodwill engendered with other positive changes.  Player retention is at risk (again).

Aug 4, 2021, 16:1408/04/21
03/12/21

1. removing 2 best rewards in daily progression to replace them with frags of someone you might not even need - fail.

2. Clan quests which cannot be done by everyone and limit who gets the rewards - sure way to destroy any sense of unity - way to go, Bidenlarium......

Aug 4, 2021, 16:1508/04/21
10/23/20

my only issue with this patch is the clan quest. i think it is a really good idea and i like the shop but there is not enough quests for a full clan and all the ones i'm able to do are taken before i even wake by people who live in a different time zone. it's hard to help contibute and earn rewards if an option isn't available.

Aug 4, 2021, 16:1608/04/21
09/14/20
Oracle

Sorry, but sorry no. 

All the problems have been pointed out before...multiple times. 

There is no testing needed to see it was a bad decision.

I really do not envy you for your difficult position....but please do not feed us these lines. Nobody does believe it anymore.

You had a ton of feedback, given in a constructive way. On your discord you have tons of feedback and suggestions. But none of them have been regarding looking at this patch. And I think you had several weeks to modify the patch after the feedback.

If you are telling us now, we should give feedback..please explain to me how the feedback of the last weeks was considerd by the game designers? It does not seem like they listened to even one suggestion or feedback.

Again, sorry for my harsh words and I hope you will attribute them to my utter disappointment about 4.50....but please do not tell us that constructive feedback will be heard.

Aug 4, 2021, 16:2008/04/21
02/17/21

We told you not to take the two best rewards. What reason do we have now to log in every day if there's not even good base rewards for it? You don't listen to your player base and keep going for more of a cash grab, and it's going to backfire on you. I won't spend another dime in your game because that's the only thing you pay attention to. 

Aug 4, 2021, 16:2808/04/21
Aug 4, 2021, 16:45(edited)
01/29/20

Give back chicken and shards, or we will review bomb the game. This change is absolutely idiotic.

Clan quests get taken instantly by a handful of people causing irritation to everyone else, why having 30 people in the clan, if the quest are only for a few people? CHANGE IT ASAP

Clan shop is underwhelming, MERGE IT WITH THE BAZAAR, which has been as useless as this from the very beginning and make it one currency.

One of the worst patches up to date. YOU GOT ALL WRONG

Aug 4, 2021, 16:2908/04/21
02/17/21

Not that anybody is listening at Plarium, because it's obvious nobody is, but the changes in the daily log in rewards are just daft. 

DAFT.

A thought: If your goal is player retention for people who have stuck with this game for 9 months or more, then removing the two biggest incentives to log in daily is absolutely mind-numbingly idiotic.

You want to ENCORAGE people to log in, right? Taking away the best rewards for logging in is... to reuse the word once more... daft.

Want to know a better idea? Fragments are fine, but replace something that nobody cares about, like the brews for example.

The frustrating thing to all of us is that we know that you people know you are stripping much-loved features, else you wouldn't do the "we'll let you finish out the month and get the good rewards before we switch you over to the new garbage settings."

Here's a better idea: Put the chicken and the sacred back, but place them every other week (instead of having the two best rewards nearly back to back). Go on a rotation of "Fragment, Chicken, Fragment, Sacred Shard" with one reward the end of each week of login time.

Know what that will give you? RETENTION. People logging in every day.

People who do not log into your game do not buy Special Offers. They don't buy Daily & Progression packs. They don't visit the bank and buy books or gems... 

You can't sell to customers who do not open your app, and you just made a change that will reduce people's incentive for logging into your game.

What a really bad idea. 

HINT: You should fix this, and sooner rather than later.

Aug 4, 2021, 16:3008/04/21
01/18/17

I quit playing and spending on another clan based game because the company got too greedy. Your prices are over inflated on the gold shards, and your greed is becoming very obvious by removing your best log in rewards. Not sure I will keep my subscription or play the game after this month is up. Im so dissapointed. I started playing this game and spending money because of how generous the game WAS with the freebies. Your business model took a wrong turn or someone over in accounting  has a hang over or has taken a serious blow to the head. 

Aug 4, 2021, 16:3608/04/21
07/30/19

Why dont take acesories why you take sacred and 5 star chicken???????????????

Aug 4, 2021, 16:4008/04/21
Aug 4, 2021, 16:41(edited)
08/19/20

game turned into garbage

removal of sacred and chicken=no reason to login anymore

why should i login anyway? to see so much salt in my clan over taking quests??

Aug 4, 2021, 16:4908/04/21
01/27/21

I don't mind missing out on *OH MY GOSH* 150 clan coins for a clan shop so many seem to be saying that isn't great - so I don't really get the drama argument about what exactly, someone missing out on 15 XP brews because someone else was quicker to log in and clan leader didn't ask members to take only one quest per member at first? Respectively, any such drama is rather a comedy than a tragedy, isn't it? 

And in case someone takes quests and doesn't complete them, well, makes leveling the clan slower, but it isn't like the clan level bonus would give +10% to ATK and SPD per level to be afraid to be stomped in arena if the clan is a level or two lower. 

It would seem nice though if there would be also "group quests", similar to the clan achievements, but just for the week and lower requirement, such as "Beat the Dragon 1,000 times", and everyone who contributes gets some clan coins and possibly also some low-mid drop.