All Categories

Our position about Cheat engine

Our position about Cheat engine

Hi! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Now cutting to the chase - there is one hot subject discussions around which have been rampant in the community for the past several days. Cheat engine - a third-party program that speeds up game-play and allows unfair progression in the game for those who use it. So here is our stance. The Rules of conduct paragraph of our Terms of Agreement clearly states that utilizing such tools in our games is strictly prohibited. It's as simple as that.

However, things are not that simple in terms of applying measures for violating this rule. The problem lies in finding those that take advantage of such tools. For a long time, we have had a special tool that detects unrealistically short battles. When those are spotted a player may receive battle errors followed by an account ban. The problem is that we can't yet make this tool as efficient and aggressive as it should be because this may potentially affect the players that have tuned their teams to be very quick and effective in a fair way, without using any additional programs. Right now, the cheat-detection tool is in development, we don't want to break the learning algorithms so there is no manual intrusion in this area.

However, the important thing to remember is that the cheat-detection tool may react some time after the cheat engine was used. We will keep improving the tool to make sure that we eliminate this unfair advantage of some people over others. It all comes down to this - using cheat-engine is prohibited in our game and will result in proper measures. Now we also want to stress that auto-clickers don't provide fully automated account development, don't grant speeding up battles and don't interfere with the game client.  That's why we don't fight against using them, but the cheat-engine is a different story.

On a second note,  we realize that, for many, the issue of having to spend a lot of time in the game is topical. And we are working on several features aimed at improving this area.

On a rhetorical note, no matter how much we strive to come to a point where all the game aspects are protected from unsanctioned operations, when there are too many constantly attacking enemies we can't possibly strike back every single time. We want our game to be fun and fair for all and do rely on your solidarity here.

Views
Comments
May 31, 2021, 14:1405/31/21
May 31, 2021, 15:0405/31/21
May 31, 2021, 15:05(edited)
05/25/20

hi there 

they proven that you can get 4X speed in game - not that technical limitation you feed us

they make that mercy counter  to work  -while you are still working, and maybe by 2200 AD will  see some sort of counter

talk about how the game it's based of speed when clearing dungeon - but you make obsolete those enemy max hp / turn metter  hitters. 

Maybe  will be a 12* speed set for 50000$  

[edited by community manager]

May 31, 2021, 15:0605/31/21
04/17/20

hello, I would like to express my opinion about the game, I think it would be much more enjoyable if the raid shadow legends game came to fight with friends, thank you

May 31, 2021, 15:4405/31/21
04/01/20
Venom

hello, I would like to express my opinion about the game, I think it would be much more enjoyable if the raid shadow legends game came to fight with friends, thank you

Thank you for your feedback, with positive Feedbacks the game can only improve. 

May 31, 2021, 16:3405/31/21
02/09/21

Does that mean the people being open about cheating and using it will be banned immidatly? I certanily hope it does seems pretty clear cut to me.

May 31, 2021, 18:0005/31/21
May 31, 2021, 18:01(edited)
02/16/20

what about those autoclickers?they are also 3rd party programs.and players that using them take advantage in tournaments runing dungeons,farming food  champs 24/7 etc....

May 31, 2021, 18:0605/31/21
01/04/20
Cuenta acrizia

what about those autoclickers?they are also 3rd party programs.and players that using them take advantage in tournaments runing dungeons,farming food  champs 24/7 etc....

Auto  clickers don't interfere with game data so they don't break any rules.  

May 31, 2021, 18:2905/31/21
03/19/21

I thought this was a good message.  I'm glad you see the difference with autoclickers as I couldn't play this game during fusion/fragment events without it as the time investment is just too large for an extended period of time.  We have to sleep and work eventually.  I guess the majority of those that advocate the speed boosters are trying to solve the same problem.  Thus, delivering on those time in game solutions will be critical to getting the game to a point where you can feel justified telling people you are going to be more strict enforcing the rules.  I didn't use the autoclickers for months before trying it and now I can't imagine going back.  I haven't used the speed booster but I have to assume those using it feel the same way.  I would recommend you pair the better enforcement when cheat-detection tool is ready with the time in game solutions so those using it get the benefit to offset the loss so you don't lose players.

May 31, 2021, 18:5005/31/21
01/22/20

Finally some justice in this game-> Ty !

May 31, 2021, 19:0405/31/21
12/23/19

NOT-Plarium: adding x4 speed and offline farming for their games. 

Plarium: Let's start terror! This will definitely attract new players and prevent old ones from leaving!

May 31, 2021, 19:1905/31/21
04/15/20

This stuff, cheat engines et al, have been around since the invention of the Internet, (I wrote some of the code back in the early 80's), and the first MMO games.  There are tools that can be applied fairly easily, you could even google them!

I think this is smoke and mirrors to deflect from the Arena, which is a little better, but not fixed, not by a long, long way.  PTW still eat FTP. 

May 31, 2021, 19:1905/31/21
Jun 10, 2021, 11:41(edited)
12/23/19
Vicky

Finally some justice in this game-> Ty !

yep. 

Elite player: farming 25spider per 10 seconds. 

"Vicky": 

Common players: Shortens 10min to 6min.

"Vicky "

Edited

May 31, 2021, 19:2305/31/21
May 31, 2021, 19:28(edited)
01/04/20
Worldowner

yep. 

Elite player: farming 25spider per 10 seconds. 

"Vicky": 

Common players: Shortens 10min to 6min.

"Vicky "

Edited

Disagreeing  with  someone and arguing  professionally is  allowed,  but  mocking  them  is  not.    

Essentially,  if  you  said  this  same  exact  thing  but  did  so  coherently with  your  words,  this  would  probably  be  ok.

May 31, 2021, 19:4805/31/21
01/27/21

Solidarity?  There is no solidarity with you Plarium.  You are fine with auto-clickers which is the equivalent of jumping in a Tesla, setting it to a speed you had run a marathon at before, then having it drive the Death Valley Ultramarathon and jumping out with a mile to go to run the last distance and then claiming that YOU RAN it.  Nope, it is cheating.  Just as much cheating as this other tool.    And you know what?  I'm f2p and cannot fight in wallet-vs-wallet tournaments anyway so I don't care who spent the most money.  What I do care about is the PvE aspects of this game and these tools make the quality of life infinitely better.  I don't use them but have ZERO issues with those who do.  If you guys would focus on actual quality of life issues (like 4x speed, fixing the gear upgrade even if it means spending some money on decent servers, allowing more auto battles or even auto-complete, etc), the amazing community wouldn't have to come up with tools to fix the current state of the game.

Jun 1, 2021, 11:1906/01/21
03/27/19

this is why i keep telling you to speed up your game remember your a mobile game 

told you first to do 3x to 5x

second skip or instant finish if you 3 star campaign and power for dungeon 

i even post the devil post if you read it the answer "make your game faster not an 8 hour job or chore"

jesus freaking christs 

Jun 1, 2021, 14:2906/01/21
12/23/19
Harbby

Disagreeing  with  someone and arguing  professionally is  allowed,  but  mocking  them  is  not.    

Essentially,  if  you  said  this  same  exact  thing  but  did  so  coherently with  your  words,  this  would  probably  be  ok.

I just cannot understand the logic of this person's statement. 

Okay, in real MMOs, third-party software can really give some players an unfair advantage.

in the RAID, this does not work, there are completely different mechanics... I'm not going to explain in detail, I am sure that everyone already knows this.

But, does this person really believe that this all fuss will bring some justice? Could he expect some equality for all players? Or maybe he really believe that banning all speedhackers make his game less hard? 

I don't understand his logic, it just sounds completely insane... 

i

Jun 1, 2021, 17:1906/01/21
03/15/21

Your game punished a content creator for doing nothing more than exposing a cheat while simultaneously admitting you’ve been ok with certain players using the cheat. You play favorites. Your buddies can cheat and steal from the rest of us while someone who actually cares about the community is punished. Such a scummy company 

Jun 1, 2021, 21:5906/01/21
09/26/19

100 views, 16 comments ...you really thinkg you get a good response from the community OF YOUR GAME here? 

You need to fix the speed, you know that - everyone tells you that/every CC in the Content Creator Discord Chat...for months you do not listen. Then 2 CCs talk about it on the YT Platform (MUCH MORE VALUE than this Forum!) and you ban them?

We should be glad they found out about it and made it public. You knew that your "Whales" ,that pump you full of mone,y are using this...and you did nothing about it.

...this whole thing and how you deal with it: its a true disservice to the game and its passionate community... this is so sad :/

Jun 1, 2021, 22:4906/01/21
07/09/20

Punishing  BGE  was  soooooo  DIRTY!  Out  of  curiosity why  ban  F2P  accounts  but  let  P2W  accounts  stay  for  using  the  speed  "hack"?  (I  know  the  answer,  but  am  dying  to  see  the  smoke  you  are  gonna  blow  up  our....)

Jun 2, 2021, 17:1906/02/21
01/27/21

So, since it looks like you are now banning players for using the cheat engine without a warning, are you planning on cracking down on other third-party applications which unfairly effect game-play such as auto-clickers which allow auto-farming meaning that people have to face programs instead of people facing other people in competitions?  Or frame-rate manipulation tools like Riva tuner?  Those are obviously cheating as well and it is weird to see you react to one type of cheating and yet say you don't have plans to go after other types of cheating.  If you were concerned about the integrity of competition, obviously you'd go after all the cheaters and yet auto-clicking seems to be a violation of the terms of service that you'll continue to not go after for reasons which are obviously not based on logic.  Could you provide a list of acceptable cheats so those of us who are fair-play can determine whether or not we want to compete against cheaters who are gaining a 2x, 3x, 4x, 6x advantage as they have a program compete for them 24/7?  The cheat engine gave a 2x advantage in speed but that is tiny compared to auto-farmers who are using programs to allow them to constantly be on in a way that a human could never compete against.

Jun 2, 2021, 20:4706/02/21
Jun 10, 2021, 11:45(edited)
09/14/19

So instead of just, allowing a 3x, 4x or higher speed run - which would increase playability - which wouldn't take Plarium that long to implement, you are going to focus your time on trying to detect a cheat engine by "guessing" the battle speeds.

Does Plarium management really think that is  a good idea?

Edited