All Categories

Update 3.0 Highlights (24/11/20)

Update 3.0 Highlights (24/11/20)

i

Hey, everyone!

The long-awaited Doom Tower is almost ready to go live, and these Update Highlights will include a thorough explanation of the feature. Additionally, we’ll showcase new Champions - both the ones you can win in the Doom Tower and the ones we will release for the coming Holidays - and the updates some underperforming Artifact Sets went through.

Sounds interesting? Then read on!

Doom Tower

Basics

The Doom Tower is a new game mode that will feature 132 stages (108 ‘common’ Floors, 12 Boss Floors, 12 Secret Rooms) for you to fight through. It will be available in Normal and Hard difficulties, both of which will be repeatable - the Doom Tower resets every 30 days, erasing your progress, Rankings, and rotating some of the Bosses.

i

Golden Keys and Silver Keys will be added to the game when the Doom Tower goes live. Golden Keys will be required to access a Floor for the first time, while Silver Keys will let you access Secret Rooms or replay Boss Floors you have previously completed. In both cases, the Key will only be subtracted from your total if you successfully complete the Floor or Secret Room.

Neither Golden nor Silver Keys can be purchased. There is a limit of 10 Keys on both, and it resets at 00:00 UTC every day. However, if you receive these Keys as a reward for in-game activity, they will be available for you to use before the next reset.

i

Doom Tower Floors follow a classic scheme: your Champions fight through 3 Rounds of enemies, while every 10th floor will feature a Boss fight. These Bosses will be different and their power will scale with the difficulty you’ve chosen and your progress (the Boss on Floor 110 will be much tougher than the Boss on Floor 10).

Secret Rooms will pose an additional challenge as they require specific conditions to complete. Such as using Champions of a specific Rarity, Faction, or Type.

i

We’ll release a video guide a few days before the update and give you all a unique insight on Doom Tower Bosses, their strengths and weaknesses, and provide some advice on fighting them.

i

Rewards

Now, on to rewards! Completing a Floor for the first time will earn you a set reward that cannot be farmed again before the Doom Tower is reset. Beating Boss Floors will reward you with Materials for the Artifact Forge, and each Boss will reward Materials for a specific Set.

Here are the Sets!

i

Fatal - obtained from Kuldath the Magma Dragon
2 Artifacts per set. ATK +15%, C. RATE +5%

i

Untouchable - obtained from Borgoth the Scarab King

4 Artifacts per set. RES + 40, Immunity for 2 turns.

i

Affinitybreaker - obtained from Agreth the Nether Spider

4 Artifacts per set. C. DMG + 30%, 20% to deal a Critical Hit instead of a Weak Hit

i

Frostbite - obtained from Sorath the Frost Spider

2 Artifacts per set. 15% chance to resist Freeze. Has a 10% chance to place a [Freeze] debuff on the attacker (chances increase to 30/45% and 20/30% respectively with more Artifacts from the set being equipped)

In addition to Artifact Materials, you’ll be able to win Champion Fragments by completing Secret Rooms. Remember, you can only get this reward once per cycle (the Fragments will refresh once the Doom Tower resets), so be sure to complete as many Secret Rooms as possible!

These are the Champions who can be collected in the Doom Tower - they won’t be available anywhere else in the game:

i

i

i

UPD: This Champion (Urost the Soulcage) will be in Undead Hordes. We're sorry for the confusion.

i

UPD: After the patch release, the name of this Champion will be Archmage Hellmut.

i

UPD: After the patch release, the name of this Champion will be Akoth the Seared. 

i

UPD: After the patch release, the name of this Champion will be Rian the Conjurer.

Rankings

Every player who completed Floor 10 will get a placement in the Doom Tower Rankings. These are separated into the following categories:

• Global
  • Clan.

The Rankings are further divided by Difficulty (Normal or Hard). Completing Doom Tower Floors will award Ranking points and increase your standing, much like what you see in Tournaments. When the Doom Tower resets, the game will display a pop-up with the current Rankings to highlight the most successful players.

New Champions

i

i

i

i

Artifact Rebalance

We’ve updated 8 underperforming Artifact Sets to ensure you have more gearing options for your Champions, no matter whether you are a new player making do with a limited Champion collection, or a veteran seeking new strategies to enhance your playstyle. The changes are as follows:

Retaliation

i

4 Set: 35% (up from 25%) chance to Counterattack when hit

Regeneration

i

4 Set: Heals by 15% (up from 10%) every turn

Toxic

i

4 Set: 75% (up from 50%) chance to place 2.5% Poison debuff for 2 turns

Reflex

i

4 Set: 40% (up from 30%) chance to reduce random Skill cooldown by 1 turn

Avenging

i

4 Set: 45% (up from 30%) chance to Counterattack when hit with a critical hit. Has no damage penalty.

Destroy

i

4 Set: Decreases enemy MAX HP by 40% (up from 30%) of damage dealt

Cursed

i

4 Set: 75% (up from 50%)  chance to place 50% Heal Reduction debuff for 2 turn (up from 1 turn)

Curing

i

4 Set: 20% (up from 10%) bonus Heal

Miscellaneous

• Christmas decorations return to the Bastion! Meet the Holiday Season in style
  • Many Faction Wars stages went through balance tweaks and should be easier to complete (this is already in effect)
Views
Comments
Nov 25, 2020, 08:3011/25/20
Nov 26, 2020, 15:2311/26/20
Nov 26, 2020, 15:24(edited)
11/18/20

Personally I'm kind of sad that Achak doesn't have synergy with Sir Nicholas, since he's obviously based off of Krampus. I do have a question regarding Achak though: How will he be obtained?

White FlameCommunity Manager
Nov 26, 2020, 16:1511/26/20
04/06/20
Zachary Navakuku

Will there be a visual indicator for when the Affinitybreaker replaces a weak hit roll with a critical hit?

Good point. As far as I know, there will be no visual indicator. Nevertheless, our devs will take your point into account and improve the visual effects of the Set Affinitybreaker. 

Nov 26, 2020, 17:5011/26/20
05/15/20

Any word as to when these changes will go live? Also, when will get a dwarf only summoning event?

Nov 26, 2020, 18:0011/26/20
05/15/20

Untouchable - obtained from Borgoth the Scarab King

4 Artifacts per set. RES + 40, Immunity for 2 turns. 

This is an immunity set with an extra 40 resist. Wouldnt it be great if it were instead an immunity set where the immunity couldnt be stripped off for 2 turns? (for example by Madame Serris) Now that would really be exciting and add some balance to arena, with a reduction in reliance upone speed speed speed. As it is, the immunity is worthless due to buff stripping

Nov 26, 2020, 23:4511/26/20
11/26/20

I can't wait for the doom tower to finally drop

Nov 27, 2020, 11:3511/27/20
09/04/15

havent been able to load my game for 2 days now and  i know why. Can adm. help me?

Nov 27, 2020, 14:4311/27/20
04/06/20
raven

havent been able to load my game for 2 days now and  i know why. Can adm. help me?

Hi! The best solution in this case is to contact our Support team at raid.support@plarium.com.
Our support agents will do our best to assist you and resolve the issue. 

Btw, if the game doesn't load on your PC, try re-installing it. 

- open the folder where Plarium Play is installed;
- find the "uninstall.exe" file in the Plarium Play folder;
- run the file to uninstall Plarium Play Application from your computer;
- after deleting Plarium Play, reinstall the application from the official site plarium.com

Nov 27, 2020, 14:4511/27/20
04/06/20
Lamont Hill

I can't wait for the doom tower to finally drop

We all are very excited about its release. Hope you'll like it! 😇

Nov 28, 2020, 11:5711/28/20
11/28/20

Nice!

Nov 28, 2020, 22:4711/28/20
11/18/20

How will Achak be contained; will they be obtained through fusion, fragment summon, or shards?

Nov 28, 2020, 23:0211/28/20
05/15/20

You guys really need to address the duplicate legendary problem.

To illustrate: I spent $140 on about 120 ancient shards today and got one legendary, which is fine with me. However the legendary was Saito which I already have 3 copies of. This is unnaceptable. Why should I spend so much more money when the chances of getting a new legendary actually go down for me due to duplicates? 

To be clear - you are costing yourselves real money by not addressing this issue. If I were assured that any legendary I get would be new, I would spend more money to summon but until then I will not.

Nov 29, 2020, 00:2211/29/20
05/15/20

A bit of history on your revenue model - over 20 years ago, I paid a guy $400 for a thing called a "fungi tunic", which was a powerful item in a game called Everquest.

At the time, there was no online marketplace, no in game currency in any online games, just an associate professor in San Diego selling an item to another player. Yes, I was a bit crazed but I was also one of the very first people willing to pay for virtual items in game.

As I said above, you are currently costing yourselves money by not addressing the duplicates probems in Raid Shadow. There exist players like myself who have the budget and are happy to pay money to play rock paper scissors with slot machine action, but the diminishing returns make it so we cannot pay you since our progression gets stymied by duplicates. By the way, your game is excellent, especially the graphics. Good Job!

Nov 29, 2020, 08:2511/29/20
Nov 29, 2020, 08:29(edited)
05/10/19

Wow dont get me wrong doom tower looks ok but seriously I don't think it will actually be enough to keep me playing the game.
  The public constantly keeps getting their concerns brushed aside and treated like we dont know what would make us stay interested in the game. 

All we ask for dont seem to extreme I mean whats so bad about better chances at obtaining 6 star gear from nightmare mode. When it was first released should have had the fact of dropping 3 star gear instantly fixed. Its the only difficulty that has a 4 star drop pool. Why does it seem like the only way to get a set you want is shell out 60$ or slave to dungeons and still 98% of the time only get 5 star and below and not for a set you want or need .

Another thing whats the harm in saying you want this specific type gear from the dragon golem or knight ok these 2 types will be dropped on monday, Tuesday has these 2, and so on. And the spider has specific factions on certain days. I mean you do that with the ascension towers already. 

The character and artifact space I understand the issue their you keep losing more players than you are attracting so your losing income. Well servers cost money and your afraid that the investment is not worth the risk when your projected to have little to no player base in a year. I mean your not even in the top 25 games in your genre on google now. Usually that's a deathbed for games. But you can come back if you listen to the players a bit more. 

And please stop introducing more and more heroes shrinking the pool of possibilities of getting what we would like to pull.

Nov 29, 2020, 09:4511/29/20
07/09/17

No Hexse \ Ja Witty1975

Der Spieler Namr ist Witty1975

Mit Witty1975 Starten

Nov 29, 2020, 11:4111/29/20
06/23/20

Hallo an Alle Mitspieler!

Nov 29, 2020, 15:1711/29/20
01/12/20

Keep up the great work!!! Thanks for the updates😉Looking forward to them soon....

Nov 30, 2020, 03:0311/30/20
03/27/19

give 5 shards to all heroes in fuse for christmas  

Nov 30, 2020, 11:3911/30/20
04/06/20
foniascat08

How will Achak be contained; will they be obtained through fusion, fragment summon, or shards?

Pyxniel is the Champion that will be available for the Christmas Fusion that is coming in December. As for Achrak The Wendarin - this Champ will be obtained from Ancient and Sacred Shards only.

Nov 30, 2020, 17:5211/30/20
11/30/20

Looks nice, cool champs.

I like the doom tower, it has cool gear sets and the bosses look amazing, i hope its not too tough for intermediate players.

It would be nice to reduce the releasing of champs, the chances do get lower every time, which can be frustrating.

Dec 1, 2020, 01:0612/01/20
05/17/20

I would also like to see the Dwarf faction get some love.  I would love to see the 3 additional factions to round out the Nyresan Union.  Maybe a Wood/Sand Elf faction (read Light Kale), Halflings faction and of course gotta get some Gnomes in there.