All Categories

Update 3.0 Highlights (24/11/20)

Update 3.0 Highlights (24/11/20)

i

Hey, everyone!

The long-awaited Doom Tower is almost ready to go live, and these Update Highlights will include a thorough explanation of the feature. Additionally, we’ll showcase new Champions - both the ones you can win in the Doom Tower and the ones we will release for the coming Holidays - and the updates some underperforming Artifact Sets went through.

Sounds interesting? Then read on!

Doom Tower

Basics

The Doom Tower is a new game mode that will feature 132 stages (108 ‘common’ Floors, 12 Boss Floors, 12 Secret Rooms) for you to fight through. It will be available in Normal and Hard difficulties, both of which will be repeatable - the Doom Tower resets every 30 days, erasing your progress, Rankings, and rotating some of the Bosses.

i

Golden Keys and Silver Keys will be added to the game when the Doom Tower goes live. Golden Keys will be required to access a Floor for the first time, while Silver Keys will let you access Secret Rooms or replay Boss Floors you have previously completed. In both cases, the Key will only be subtracted from your total if you successfully complete the Floor or Secret Room.

Neither Golden nor Silver Keys can be purchased. There is a limit of 10 Keys on both, and it resets at 00:00 UTC every day. However, if you receive these Keys as a reward for in-game activity, they will be available for you to use before the next reset.

i

Doom Tower Floors follow a classic scheme: your Champions fight through 3 Rounds of enemies, while every 10th floor will feature a Boss fight. These Bosses will be different and their power will scale with the difficulty you’ve chosen and your progress (the Boss on Floor 110 will be much tougher than the Boss on Floor 10).

Secret Rooms will pose an additional challenge as they require specific conditions to complete. Such as using Champions of a specific Rarity, Faction, or Type.

i

We’ll release a video guide a few days before the update and give you all a unique insight on Doom Tower Bosses, their strengths and weaknesses, and provide some advice on fighting them.

i

Rewards

Now, on to rewards! Completing a Floor for the first time will earn you a set reward that cannot be farmed again before the Doom Tower is reset. Beating Boss Floors will reward you with Materials for the Artifact Forge, and each Boss will reward Materials for a specific Set.

Here are the Sets!

i

Fatal - obtained from Kuldath the Magma Dragon
2 Artifacts per set. ATK +15%, C. RATE +5%

i

Untouchable - obtained from Borgoth the Scarab King

4 Artifacts per set. RES + 40, Immunity for 2 turns.

i

Affinitybreaker - obtained from Agreth the Nether Spider

4 Artifacts per set. C. DMG + 30%, 20% to deal a Critical Hit instead of a Weak Hit

i

Frostbite - obtained from Sorath the Frost Spider

2 Artifacts per set. 15% chance to resist Freeze. Has a 10% chance to place a [Freeze] debuff on the attacker (chances increase to 30/45% and 20/30% respectively with more Artifacts from the set being equipped)

In addition to Artifact Materials, you’ll be able to win Champion Fragments by completing Secret Rooms. Remember, you can only get this reward once per cycle (the Fragments will refresh once the Doom Tower resets), so be sure to complete as many Secret Rooms as possible!

These are the Champions who can be collected in the Doom Tower - they won’t be available anywhere else in the game:

i

i

i

UPD: This Champion (Urost the Soulcage) will be in Undead Hordes. We're sorry for the confusion.

i

UPD: After the patch release, the name of this Champion will be Archmage Hellmut.

i

UPD: After the patch release, the name of this Champion will be Akoth the Seared. 

i

UPD: After the patch release, the name of this Champion will be Rian the Conjurer.

Rankings

Every player who completed Floor 10 will get a placement in the Doom Tower Rankings. These are separated into the following categories:

• Global
  • Clan.

The Rankings are further divided by Difficulty (Normal or Hard). Completing Doom Tower Floors will award Ranking points and increase your standing, much like what you see in Tournaments. When the Doom Tower resets, the game will display a pop-up with the current Rankings to highlight the most successful players.

New Champions

i

i

i

i

Artifact Rebalance

We’ve updated 8 underperforming Artifact Sets to ensure you have more gearing options for your Champions, no matter whether you are a new player making do with a limited Champion collection, or a veteran seeking new strategies to enhance your playstyle. The changes are as follows:

Retaliation

i

4 Set: 35% (up from 25%) chance to Counterattack when hit

Regeneration

i

4 Set: Heals by 15% (up from 10%) every turn

Toxic

i

4 Set: 75% (up from 50%) chance to place 2.5% Poison debuff for 2 turns

Reflex

i

4 Set: 40% (up from 30%) chance to reduce random Skill cooldown by 1 turn

Avenging

i

4 Set: 45% (up from 30%) chance to Counterattack when hit with a critical hit. Has no damage penalty.

Destroy

i

4 Set: Decreases enemy MAX HP by 40% (up from 30%) of damage dealt

Cursed

i

4 Set: 75% (up from 50%)  chance to place 50% Heal Reduction debuff for 2 turn (up from 1 turn)

Curing

i

4 Set: 20% (up from 10%) bonus Heal

Miscellaneous

• Christmas decorations return to the Bastion! Meet the Holiday Season in style
  • Many Faction Wars stages went through balance tweaks and should be easier to complete (this is already in effect)
Views
Comments
Nov 25, 2020, 08:3011/25/20
Nov 25, 2020, 08:3611/25/20
11/09/20

Wow this is going to be awsome!!!!

Nov 25, 2020, 08:4011/25/20
12/29/19

I am waiting Dwarves champions. I could not see again.

Nice garbage sets' change. Loved it.

Nov 25, 2020, 08:4211/25/20
10/10/20

nice

Nov 25, 2020, 08:5911/25/20
12/07/19

What about the increasing artifacts slots? It was posted on announcements a while ago but no info since...

Nov 25, 2020, 09:0211/25/20
10/31/20

nice :)

Nov 25, 2020, 09:0511/25/20
03/23/19

Looks nice so far... I'm interested what kind of Elon Musk, Jeff Besos and Bill Gates only paywall they are going to erect this time to be able to actually complete the stages of doomtower. 

Nov 25, 2020, 09:0811/25/20
12/27/19

the set rebalances are not great - was hoping for more rework instead of just % changes.

Poison could have been a 5% poison or just need 2 piece.

New sets are okay.

Where are the new dwarves? so hard to get dwarf teams goinf. 

Nov 25, 2020, 09:1911/25/20
03/21/19

Are we getting the artifact storage with the patch?

There's no point giving us new sets and making other sets more desirable when we don't have space for what we already have.

Doom tower looks good - looking forward to the new challenge.

Please stop spamming new champs - it constantly reduces our chances of getting older champions that we want.

A new player now has a much smaller chance to get champs like Skullcrusher or Royal Guard compared to the chances when the game was new.  And every time you add new champs it just makes things worse.

BratcatModerator
Nov 25, 2020, 09:3811/25/20
04/10/20
Andicus

Are we getting the artifact storage with the patch?

There's no point giving us new sets and making other sets more desirable when we don't have space for what we already have.

Doom tower looks good - looking forward to the new challenge.

Please stop spamming new champs - it constantly reduces our chances of getting older champions that we want.

A new player now has a much smaller chance to get champs like Skullcrusher or Royal Guard compared to the chances when the game was new.  And every time you add new champs it just makes things worse.

Hi,

Unfortunately artifact storage will not be upgraded with this new patch.  Fingers crossed for future updates though 🤞

Nov 25, 2020, 09:3911/25/20
03/07/20

Looking forward to try it out. For shore I'm gonna love it. Keep up the good work. 

Nov 25, 2020, 09:5011/25/20
08/26/19

It's good to see all the content that is coming in this update; but it is sad that the Battle Pass champs are being given in Doom Tower now. Which means there won't be any Battle Pass now. 😣

Moreover, we'll  only get some fragments per stage, so it will be insanely long to get the champs. Not good.

Nov 25, 2020, 09:5211/25/20
10/18/19

Bah humbug.....

Nov 25, 2020, 10:2711/25/20
08/13/19

Nice work, both champions and artifacts. You keep adding champions and artifacts, unfortunately the space to store them is still not improved.

Nov 25, 2020, 10:5411/25/20
09/11/20

You did some good work on the rebalancing of the sets and the new sets look cool Great work

Nov 25, 2020, 11:3811/25/20
Nov 25, 2020, 11:43(edited)
11/25/20

hope new Legendarys can be attained on normal mode Doom Tower too xD..

White FlameCommunity Manager
Nov 25, 2020, 12:2111/25/20
04/06/20
Rai TheNoblesse

hope new Legendarys can be attained on normal mode Doom Tower too xD..

Hello! You'll be able to get Epic Champion Fragments from Secret Rooms on Normal Difficulty and Legendary Champion Fragments on Hard Difficulty. 

White FlameCommunity Manager
Nov 25, 2020, 12:2411/25/20
04/06/20
rainlight76

Nice work, both champions and artifacts. You keep adding champions and artifacts, unfortunately the space to store them is still not improved.

Thank you for the feedback. Even though we are not expanding Artifacts and Champions Storage in the upcoming release, we're planning to do it later. As soon as our devs share with us some news on this matter, we'll let you know. 

Nov 25, 2020, 12:5011/25/20
Nov 28, 2020, 13:47(edited)
06/19/19

Doom tower looks great and the new champions are nice. however, we like to see a rebalance or even change skills on old champions would be great.

Quite disappointed in the artifacts rebalance horrible job so much you can do give the player the opportunity to try out all artifacts and make a great mix between them. it should Two-Piece Set  for all artifacts 

A stronger and great rebalance on some artifacts  are Two-Piece Set   example :

Life set: 20%

Offense set: 20% 

Lifestyle set: 15% Two-Piece Set 

Fury set: damage increase for each 5%  by 5%HP lose Two-Piece Set  goes up to 50%

Frost set: 10% to freeze on attack  Two-Piece Set goes up to 30%

Frenzy set:10% turn meter forever 5% hp Loss Two-Piece Set 

Regeneration set: 10% each turn Two-Piece Set  goes up to 30%

Immunity set: immunity  for 1 turn  Two-Piece Set    goes up to 3 turns

Destroy set: Decreases enemy MAX HP by  10%  then add that HP to champions max HP/ Max HP  25k Two-Piece Set

Retaliation Set: 15% chance to Counterattack when hit  Two-Piece Set goes up to 45%

Avenging Set: 20% Chance to Counterattack when hit with a critical hit.  Two-Piece Set  goes up to 60%

Stewart Set:  -15% damage taken from enemy AOE attacks Two-Piece Set  goes up to 45%

Reflex Set: 25% chance to reduce random Skill cooldown by 1 turn Two-Piece Set  

Curing set: Change -10% damage taken from enemy attacks Two-Piece Set  goes up to 30%

players do not use these artifacts because there are Four-Piece sets and it's not worth it. 

Nov 25, 2020, 12:5211/25/20
02/03/20

question. why do you stack more champs for factions that already have a lot of champs? why not spread them evenly?

Nov 25, 2020, 12:5211/25/20
Nov 25, 2020, 12:56(edited)
05/23/19

So in patch 3.0 we'll have  10 new champions in game (legendary and epic)... and of those 10.. 0 dwarves!!! FFS why the heck did you put dwarves in the game if you don`t release champions for them !?.. Dwarves are the faction with the fewer champions in the game.. 

Christmas fusion is an legendary high elves.. seems right.. high elves is the most busted faction.. so why not releasing more.......................