All Categories

Spammers. It's WAY out of control.

Search
Oct 15, 2020, 19:4510/15/20
09/30/20

Admittedly yes I am completely and genuinely upset, for multiple reasons.

1) That these spammers exist in the first place

2) That they can spam FOR HOURS on end without any issues

3) That they have been doing this for SEVERAL DAYS

4) It's always someone else. And it should be VERY easy to fix this. You know. Spam protection.

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 17, 2020, 02:1010/17/20
04/15/19

In order to ban the spamer, if the bot does not do it automatically, we need that in the screenshot we can also see the channel where the problem occurs

Oct 18, 2020, 21:4810/18/20
Oct 18, 2020, 21:50(edited)
09/30/20

Pipsie said:

In order to ban the spamer, if the bot does not do it automatically, we need that in the screenshot we can also see the channel where the problem occurs

Sure; here's the problem.

You ban that person, he makes a new account. And the problem isn't that they get banned eventually; the problem is that you need to create a system that notices constant spam. Because they're constnatly spamming the same thing over and over. Like if you say the same thing 3 times in a row, you get muted for an hour or whatever.

Problem consists most commonly in chats English 1, 2 and 3.

For today, it's this:

(Sending a link instead because of the language)

https://i.imgur.com/JwyKWOs.png

Oct 29, 2020, 16:2310/29/20
Oct 29, 2020, 17:40(edited)
09/30/20

This will be today's report 

(May have missed a couple days. Honestly didn't bother looking in the channel any more.)

(Update: Adding this. For now. Probably more incoming until he stops, if I don't get too busy with other things and forget.)

"if the bot does not do it automatically" - I hope you don't mind me being this passive aggressive. I just kind of think this is a serious issue being ignored despite how easy the fix is. :)

Edit: Still going 

Oct 29, 2020, 20:4210/29/20
03/01/20

It has also been an ongoing problem in my normal channel as well. 

The offenders often have names I can't reproduce, or just show up as spaces. How can you report these fools.

Obviously they are getting banned at some point because they just come back with a new lvl 3 account the next day with a new name.

A moderator for every channel seems silly to ask for, but a simple solution would be to limit anyone under player level 20 from making more than a single general chat per minute.

Nov 2, 2020, 14:0011/02/20
12/24/19
grovesmr

It has also been an ongoing problem in my normal channel as well. 

The offenders often have names I can't reproduce, or just show up as spaces. How can you report these fools.

Obviously they are getting banned at some point because they just come back with a new lvl 3 account the next day with a new name.

A moderator for every channel seems silly to ask for, but a simple solution would be to limit anyone under player level 20 from making more than a single general chat per minute.

Good idea and i ve seen it in a few games already. I will be forwarding it to devs. Having limitation on the chat early levels might reduce the flood of spamming bots. 

P.S. for a proper report on chat offender you would need to have a screenshot of a player in name too.

Nov 10, 2020, 23:2411/10/20
03/01/20

The spammer I've seen shows up with no name on my Android mobile device. 

Apparently he is a a bunch of scissor emojis to others. 

He finally got bored or banned. After a solid week of hours long spam sessions.

Then I get banned today when someone asked what to make for dinner and I suggested steak and taters, then followed with pork chops would be acceptable instead.  The system is broken