All Categories

Right handed or Duel Wield

Search
Aug 30, 2021, 15:4808/30/21
06/03/21

I have noticed that the characters in Raid Shadow Legends are either right-handed or they duel wield.  No left handers at all?  Yes, I know, this is a silly thing to point out and it's just cosmetic but every single game I see and/or play has no left-handed characters.

Why is that?  And yes, being left-handed myself is why I ask this, lol.  Is there a reason why lefty's get forgotten? 😢

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 30, 2021, 22:2608/30/21
10/15/20

As I'm not a game developer, I can only guess. But I think, that most aninimations are done with motion capture from real humans. At least Saito and Ninja here in Raid where made this way, we know for sure. So the fact that most/all animations are right-handed just reflects that the actors of the motion capture shot where right-handed in reality.

Aug 31, 2021, 05:3108/31/21
06/03/21

Thanks for the info Skadi.  It would make sense if they are only using one or two actual males and females for the characters as I saw the video of ninja but not Saito. (I'll look for it now)  I just figured they could easily make one or two of the characters left-handed, lol.

Maybe one day they'll get a couple of lefty's for motion capture. 😁