All Categories

Summer Trials event

Summer Trials event

Search
Jul 16, 2022, 23:2207/16/22
02/13/21

Summer Trials event

I saw this posted in the Raid Digest recently (https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/843_news/31633_raid-digest--15-07-22/) and trying to get my head around what they are thinking

It looks like from 18th July through to 18th August, there will be a set of 9 global goals that have a very large target, and all Raid players contribute to it.  This is not unlike the facebook event that they do sometimes, or I guess a more global version of the clan challenges.  They list some of the example goals as things like:

• Fight XXX classic arena battles
  • Use XXX Hydra keys
  • Beat stage 25 of Dragon Lair XXX times

I guess these numbers would be quite high, such as fighting in thousands of Arena battles, with all Raid players contributing to this and eventually completing it

The second Phase will then start on the 22nd of August and go through to the 27th, and it'll be a Champion Training event.  The rewards in this Champion Training event will be governed by how many goals were completed in Phase 1.  The champion training event is also supposed to be quite simple, sort of like a fusion warmup event, so it won't be extreme.  

There will be 9 milestone rewards in the champion training event, one for each of the goals above.  I wonder if this means that if the Raid community only complete 3 of the goals, whether we would only have 3 milestone rewards in the training event?

In any event, it sounds interesting distraction, though I'm wondering how "difficult" the goals would be.  I imagine most would be achievable in general play, but the purpose of this event would be to increase the playtime of people and get them to work towards something, so we will see

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 18, 2022, 21:1207/18/22
02/13/21

Looks like the goals have been posted: https://plarium.com/landings/en/raid/telerian_summer_trials

• Fight 250,000,000 Classic Arena Offense Battles – Epic Skill Tome x1
  • Fight 250,000,000 Tag Arena Offense Battles – Legendary Skill Tome x1
  • Beat Stage 25 of the Dragon's Lair 15,000,000 times – Energy x300
  • Beat Stage 25 of the Ice Golem's Peak 1,000,000 times – Rank 5 Chicken x1
  • Beat Stage 25 of the Fire Knight's Castle 5,500,000 times – XP Brew x50
  • Beat Stage 25 of the Spider's Den 17,500,000 times – Rank 4 Chicken x1
  • Use 4,500,000 Hydra Keys – XP Barrel x1
  • Use 40,000,000 Clan Boss Keys – Void Shard x1
  • Beat Stage 21 Faction Crypts 3,500,000 times – 6* Legendary Chaos Ore x1
harleQuinnModerator
Jul 18, 2022, 21:3007/18/22
02/24/19

So Tag Team and 21 Faction Crypt focused huh?

Jul 18, 2022, 21:5107/18/22
Jul 18, 2022, 21:55(edited)
02/13/21
harleQuinn

So Tag Team and 21 Faction Crypt focused huh?

What are you talking about.  Stage 25 Fire Knight for the win!

I love that Ice Golem is lower than Dragon/Spider.  Plarium knows where people spend their time

Going to be interesting to watch the percentages each day (well, interesting for me at least!)

i

Jul 18, 2022, 22:0107/18/22
12/19/19

I guess people went nuts with all those classic refills today, probably shook up some tournament races lol.

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 18, 2022, 22:2707/18/22
02/24/19
RoseRoyal

I love that Ice Golem is lower than Dragon/Spider.  Plarium knows where people spend their time

Going to be interesting to watch the percentages each day (well, interesting for me at least!)

i

So I just check in here for RoseRoyal daily updates??

i

Also I just meant with Faction Crypt and Tag they were offering some solid resources to make people do them.... lolol

Jul 18, 2022, 22:4107/18/22
02/11/22

I guess we'll know pretty soon if we can actually achieve any or all of these goals. After 72 hours or so, if we're not above, or at least close to 10% in any of those categories, we'll already know those are gonna be very hard. (Taking in account we need to complete every goal at a pace of just over 3% per day)

Jul 18, 2022, 23:4107/18/22
05/03/20

I can do 4 out of the 9.  But, I wont burn up resources to meet the goals.  I will save the gifts for a godlike fusion event.  

Jul 19, 2022, 00:4507/19/22
12/19/19
RoseRoyal

i

I will be looking here for daily updates with HQ, can you add a column to show what we are on pace for with conditional formatting (green on pace, red below) 😆 

TIA

Surprised they are doing this, tbh.  Will give a fairly accurate estimate of their active base publicly.  

They could be in Twitter bot hell 😆 🤣 

Jul 19, 2022, 07:4007/19/22
07/07/20

What is discouraging to me is this is supposed to be a global event that everyone can be involved in. By making the dungeons all level 25 and faction wars wins level 21, Plarium has effectively cut out a huge chunk of players. Even though the number of wins required may be low(er), it still is locking many many players out from participating.

Jul 19, 2022, 08:3607/19/22
06/20/19
BoneHead

What is discouraging to me is this is supposed to be a global event that everyone can be involved in. By making the dungeons all level 25 and faction wars wins level 21, Plarium has effectively cut out a huge chunk of players. Even though the number of wins required may be low(er), it still is locking many many players out from participating.

Not  really.    Phase  one  doesn't  require  you  to  participte  at  all.    All  you  have  to  do  is  let  everyone  who  can  do  these  work  on  it  to  unlock  the  milestones.    Once  the  community  unlocks  the  milestones,  everyone  is  eligible  to  participate  in  the  training  event  to  warn  the  actual  prizes.    A  few  things  to  think  about;  1)  you  do  not  have  to  participate  in  phase  1  at  all  to  ne  eligible  to  eqrn  the  prizes  in  phase  2,  and  2)  phase  2  is  supposed  to  be  very  easy.    A  good  atrategy  might  be  to  work  on  the  ones  you  can  to  free  up  players  who  can  to  work  on  the  level  25  stages.

Jul 19, 2022, 09:4907/19/22
Jul 19, 2022, 09:53(edited)
02/13/21
Trips

I will be looking here for daily updates with HQ, can you add a column to show what we are on pace for with conditional formatting (green on pace, red below) 😆 

TIA

Surprised they are doing this, tbh.  Will give a fairly accurate estimate of their active base publicly.  

They could be in Twitter bot hell 😆 🤣 

Happy to add columns, and also happy to provide an update daily in the morning my time (so same time as the above first chart) 😀

I agree on the active player base inference.  I was also thinking about that a lot today at work.  Most of the events can involve people buying things (e.g. Energy, Clan Boss keys, arena tokens), but some are really limited to a specific amount of resources per week.  Of the latter, this would be Hydra and Faction Crypts

With Hydra, everyone only has 3 keys per week and there's no current way to purchase more.  At 4.5 million keys needed for the XP Barrel, it is interesting to calculate exactly how many players are needed to achieve this.

The event runs from 18th July to the 18th of August, which is technically 4.5 weeks, but because Hydra resets in the middle of those weeks we have access to more than 4 weeks worth of keys.  From what I can tell, the maximum amount of Hydra keys that an individual player would have had during this time would be below (note that exact dates may vary depending on where you are in the world, but I am using Australian time):

• 3 keys prior to the event starting, assuming they hadn't used it
  • 3 more keys when Hydra resets on 20th July
  • 3 more keys when Hydra resets again on 27th July 
  • 3 more keys when Hydra resets again on 3rd August
  • 3 more keys when Hydra resets again on 10th August
  • 3 more keys when Hydra resets again on the 17th August and then used immediately before the event finished

This brings the total maximum keys available per player to 18 if all conditions are perfect.  

With 4.5 million keys needed to get the goal for Hydra, this equates to 250,000 active players, all utilizing every key during the event.  An article 4 years ago (https://mmostats.com/game/raid-shadow-legends) seemed to indicate that there was 212,000 active players per day, though the number would have dramatically increased since then.  

Hell Hades posted in Sep 2021 that it was 1 million per day (https://hellhades.com/is-raid-shadow-legends-a-meme/).  I assume that a large portion of those players haven't even opened Hydra yet, let alone have a team for it (not that you need one, you just need to use 3 keys).  If you assume 50% of the player base cannot help with Hydra, then we have 500,000 active players.  

If you assume people only have 12 keys for the duration because they have already spent the first 3, and won't get a chance to spend the last 3, then it comes to 375,000 active players, or 750,000 if 50% cannot do Hydra.

Plarium would of course have better access to the number of active players, and would have used this to determine what goals to set, though I imagine they would have also pushed the goals a bit higher to encourage participation.  Still, it does sound like there must be a decent chunk of active players if we are to achieve this.  The percentages over the next couple of weeks or so will tell us more, and infact we can probably infer the number of active players by the rate of increase

The same could be done for Faction Wars, since with 18 keys a day the most a single person could complete stage 21 would be 4 times, or 124 times over the course of the 31 days, assuming having level 21 available for all crypts.  With 3.5 million runs required, this comes to only 28,225 active players.  

I suspect that it is dramatically less because not everyone has stage 21 open for all crypts.

All in all, I find this stuff fascinating to watch

Jul 19, 2022, 21:1907/19/22
Jul 19, 2022, 21:24(edited)
02/13/21

For transparency, the way that I am calculating this is that there are 31 days in this event, so I expect there to be 3.23% completion each day if we are to be on track for 100% completion by the end.  If the event is exceeding that rate then we are good, but if they are below then we are bad.  If we are close then I have flagged it as yellow.

Most goals are below this daily completion rate.  My main thoughts are that the event has just started and a lot of players might not have actively noticed yet, especially those that only log in every couple of days.  I also think that it is likely that most of the traction will take place on weekends.  Finally, we are also at the tail end of a fragment event, so people's resources are likely down.

So far only Classic Arena is past the point where I thought they would be, and personally I expect that this will remain par for course through the entire event, largely because the arena tokens are "free" each day.  The exra Arena refills from the free shop reward would have also helped.

There's a couple that are close, but there are a lot that are well below the pace.  Dragon is less than 1% complete, so is a major concern for me.  With regards to the ones that are close, Demon Lord and Faction Crypts makes sense, as they are also "free" each day.  Ice Golem being closer than Dragon/Fire Knight/Spider says to me that maybe Plarium dramatically underestimated the goal for Ice Golem, not that I care as I would love another 5 star chicken!

i

Jul 19, 2022, 21:3607/19/22
12/19/19
RoseRoyal

For transparency, the way that I am calculating this is that there are 31 days in this event, so I expect there to be 3.23% completion each day if we are to be on track for 100% completion by the end.  If the event is exceeding that rate then we are good, but if they are below then we are bad.  If we are close then I have flagged it as yellow.

Most goals are below this daily completion rate.  My main thoughts are that the event has just started and a lot of players might not have actively noticed yet, especially those that only log in every couple of days.  I also think that it is likely that most of the traction will take place on weekends.  Finally, we are also at the tail end of a fragment event, so people's resources are likely down.

So far only Classic Arena is past the point where I thought they would be, and personally I expect that this will remain par for course through the entire event, largely because the arena tokens are "free" each day.  The exra Arena refills from the free shop reward would have also helped.

There's a couple that are close, but there are a lot that are well below the pace.  Dragon is less than 1% complete, so is a major concern for me.  With regards to the ones that are close, Demon Lord and Faction Crypts makes sense, as they are also "free" each day.  Ice Golem being closer than Dragon/Fire Knight/Spider says to me that maybe Plarium dramatically underestimated the goal for Ice Golem, not that I care as I would love another 5 star chicken!

i

So if we subtract the free refills all the n00bs used (wasted) yesterday, it looks like we could not hit any of these goals... 😆 

If people aren't hitting dungeon 25s during CvC then I don't expect things to improve.   

I am a bit surprised how low the engagement level is, I know my clan is more active than usual today just based on 3M cvc points already.   

The more I look at this, I question what Plariums objectives are?  Someone help me out...

F2p won't spend ever 

Whales are not motivated by this

???

What am I missing?

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 19, 2022, 21:4407/19/22
02/24/19
Trips

So if we subtract the free refills all the n00bs used (wasted) yesterday, it looks like we could not hit any of these goals... 😆 

If people aren't hitting dungeon 25s during CvC then I don't expect things to improve.   

I am a bit surprised how low the engagement level is, I know my clan is more active than usual today just based on 3M cvc points already.   

The more I look at this, I question what Plariums objectives are?  Someone help me out...

F2p won't spend ever 

Whales are not motivated by this

???

What am I missing?

Isn't 24 more efficient for gear farming/energy? And 20 more efficient during tourneys? The ONLY TIME Dungeon 25s are farmed by efficient long termers are during CvCs, if at all.

So you would THINK that Spider has to go WAY UP over the next 48 hours. I think we have to remember that everything is a day behind here, with the time zone differences and reporting.

If it doesn't go WAY UP, I am unsure if any of these goals will happen outside of Arena.

Jul 19, 2022, 22:2607/19/22
06/20/19
RoseRoyal

i

Thank  you  for  your  efforts.    Much  appreciated.

Jul 19, 2022, 22:2707/19/22
02/13/21
harleQuinn

Isn't 24 more efficient for gear farming/energy? And 20 more efficient during tourneys? The ONLY TIME Dungeon 25s are farmed by efficient long termers are during CvCs, if at all.

So you would THINK that Spider has to go WAY UP over the next 48 hours. I think we have to remember that everything is a day behind here, with the time zone differences and reporting.

If it doesn't go WAY UP, I am unsure if any of these goals will happen outside of Arena.

True, with the spider tournament for the fusion in swing I expect Spider will jump up dramatically in the next couple of days, which will be great

With regards to the progress in general, ideally we need to see how it is tracking over a week to get a sense of trend.  Hydra will also be interesting as it resets in 12 hours, so in theory most people likely had spent their keys before the event started.  Keen to see how much this jumps over the next couple of days too 

Jul 19, 2022, 23:4307/19/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Everything u said is correct.   But most don't play to maximum efficiency, nor even think about it.  I farm 25 for fk and dragon.  I solo 20 for ig and spider, even during cvc.  Many in my clan only do 25, even for tournaments.  

The point differences are irrelevant as I am not trying to win any tournaments, and only care about top event prize when lego book.

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 20, 2022, 00:0107/20/22
02/24/19
Trips

Everything u said is correct.   But most don't play to maximum efficiency, nor even think about it.  I farm 25 for fk and dragon.  I solo 20 for ig and spider, even during cvc.  Many in my clan only do 25, even for tournaments.  

The point differences are irrelevant as I am not trying to win any tournaments, and only care about top event prize when lego book.

I think about it at least. lol. Have to make the most of the scant resources. :D

What Tier is your clan in, by the way? As mine has pushed up, it has really changed how tightly a lot of my folks play.

Jul 20, 2022, 05:4907/20/22
Jul 20, 2022, 06:46(edited)
07/07/20

I knew this would happen and RoseRoyals numbers are pretty much exactly what I thought they would be. they should have made dungeons level 20 completions so more people could/would participate. The rewards although Ok don't really reflect the effort/resources needed.

I imagine what Plarium did for phase one was take the real data from these 9 mini-events, probably over a 2-3 month period then averaged them out, then to get the requirements to finish them for the event they added 10%-15% to the actual numbers. 

Jul 20, 2022, 11:1007/20/22
01/19/21

The fact that a Spider fusion tournament with a dungeon diving event and a CvC tournament running simultaneously isn't enough certainly doesn't bode well. If ever there was a time to run Spider 25, this would be it.