All Categories

Arena is back to being ridiculous.

Arena is back to being ridiculous.

Search
Comments
Jan 7, 2022, 17:3501/07/22
11/14/20
harleQuinn

My suggestion is that every bit of energy goes into Dragon 24/25 and Spider 25 basically for weeks or more.

Lots of folks even in my own clans just log in and spend a little bit just doing dailies and maybe working on leveling a bit of food. They may run 45 Dragon runs overnight sometimes, or even most of the time, and they wonder why they are being left behind. 

You said you don't want to think about a go-second team, so realistically you have to run Dragon 20+ for weeks, with all your energy and maybe all your gems for energy, before you'll see speed improvements. No leveling food champs unless you're solo farming dragon. No going hard on some random Ice Golemn tourney, or running IG at all. Or anything else that won't help your speed problems.

And, if you don't think this is a process that will take a full month or more, you have to adjust your expectations. This will be a long process. Fortunately, people that already have a 340-360 Arbiter and a 320 high accuracy Warlord, they have to run exponentially more dungeons than you just to find a piece that improves their account even in the slightest, not even just with speed. So you can definitely close the gap, but only by being hyper focused.

That's my best advice at least.

While I appreciate the advice, and the honesty, I have to point out that this is an outrageous take on the game.

There is NO way I'm going to be "hyper-focused" on anthing in raid for the next month.  LOL.

This is not a rude comment at all, just an honest one.  

This idea is exactly the idea that will eventually sink this game.  The time requirement is just getting silly at this point.  I've never been "hyper-focused" as a Raid player, and I never will be.  That's just the facts of the case.

Again, I really like the honest advice, but I think the game (and maybe the community) are the ones that need to adjust their expectations of players...not the other way around.

Cheers.

Jan 7, 2022, 17:3601/07/22
12/19/19
TheDude

The only single target nukers I have are Soulbond and Shamael, I think, and will probably just fall over when nuked?  I could give Tatura a damage build and use him but his hit probably won't kill the Arbiter outright, a provoke could give me another wack though.  

Skathix does have a nice kit for this, but I don't have the resources to build him out just as a test.  Maybe a longer project.

Ya, short term test what u have in Tag.  Its a free training ground while you are working on classic.  Even seeker at 50 to see how the mechanics work.  He will die, but other 3 will get the def up boost and you can go from there.  SB and Shamael do not fit this strategy at all, lol.  You don't need a single target nuker.  Arbiter goes 2x against me and wastes her revive before I even get a turn, lol.  Not sure if Visix or Tatura hit hard enough.  Maulie certainly does not, lol.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 7, 2022, 17:4601/07/22
02/24/19
TheDude

While I appreciate the advice, and the honesty, I have to point out that this is an outrageous take on the game.

There is NO way I'm going to be "hyper-focused" on anthing in raid for the next month.  LOL.

This is not a rude comment at all, just an honest one.  

This idea is exactly the idea that will eventually sink this game.  The time requirement is just getting silly at this point.  I've never been "hyper-focused" as a Raid player, and I never will be.  That's just the facts of the case.

Again, I really like the honest advice, but I think the game (and maybe the community) are the ones that need to adjust their expectations of players...not the other way around.

Cheers.

If someone isn't willing to focus on their arena speed problem, is running multiple accounts, and doesn't want to build a go second team, what other advice should I give them?

Should they just be able to grab whatever stuff they farm with their 30 daily autos and just make Gold? Make Gold 4? Make Plat? Should someone with only 4 50s? Why should Gold arena match you only to players who put in as little time as you? Why should only I have to play difficult teams to reach the same point and rewards you do, just because I have been working on gear for longer?

If we're talking honestly, then someone who is putting only dailies in, or only 30 random dungeon runs, or running several accounts, well, they should EXPECT to be in Bronze or Silver. That is where they slot in. That is where their account SHOULD be.

If they make Gold, awesome and congratulations. But they willl, and should, remain in Silver as long as they bounce around the game without focusing on improving thier gear, or while running several accounts or while spending more time complaining about the speed meta than farming gear. 

My opinion, and the one I had long before I was a moderator, was to set Bluestacks or RSL Helper to farm Dragon, minimize the tab, and go on about your day, rather than complain about it.

Jan 7, 2022, 17:4701/07/22
Jan 7, 2022, 17:48(edited)
12/19/19

My "alt" account has even better champs, lol.  I use Martyr as lead, she is ridiculous.  So just pull some decent legos and git gud :)

i

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 7, 2022, 17:5301/07/22
02/24/19
Trips

Ya, short term test what u have in Tag.  Its a free training ground while you are working on classic.  Even seeker at 50 to see how the mechanics work.  He will die, but other 3 will get the def up boost and you can go from there.  SB and Shamael do not fit this strategy at all, lol.  You don't need a single target nuker.  Arbiter goes 2x against me and wastes her revive before I even get a turn, lol.  Not sure if Visix or Tatura hit hard enough.  Maulie certainly does not, lol.

Tatura does not hit as hard as you'd like, but built well enough should be able to get the nuking job done. 

He doesn't hit as hard as Soulless, but his nuke has slightly better modifiers than someone like Athel with significantly better base stats, or a little worse than Kael with significantly base stats. I would expect him to hit like a Kael nuke but with all that juicy survivability that all that defense would give him.

Jan 7, 2022, 17:5401/07/22
Jan 7, 2022, 17:56(edited)
11/14/20
harleQuinn

If someone isn't willing to focus on their arena speed problem, is running multiple accounts, and doesn't want to build a go second team, what other advice should I give them?

Should they just be able to grab whatever stuff they farm with their 30 daily autos and just make Gold? Make Gold 4? Make Plat? Should someone with only 4 50s? Why should Gold arena match you only to players who put in as little time as you? Why should only I have to play difficult teams to reach the same point and rewards you do, just because I have been working on gear for longer?

If we're talking honestly, then someone who is putting only dailies in, or only 30 random dungeon runs, or running several accounts, well, they should EXPECT to be in Bronze or Silver. That is where they slot in. That is where their account SHOULD be.

If they make Gold, awesome and congratulations. But they willl, and should, remain in Silver as long as they bounce around the game without focusing on improving thier gear, or while running several accounts or while spending more time complaining about the speed meta than farming gear. 

My opinion, and the one I had long before I was a moderator, was to set Bluestacks or RSL Helper to farm Dragon, minimize the tab, and go on about your day, rather than complain about it.

I'm going to repeat the just of my last comment, because it seems to elude you.

I get that a lot of people are really dedicated to this game, and some of them spend a lot of money as well.  I have no beef with those choices.  I'm just not going to make them myself.  That's what we call a free market economy.

I don't take from other parts of my life to give to Raid.  But that's just my choice, it doesn't need to be the choice of anybody else, but I'm happy with that choice.

I just hope that you are happy with your choice, and others, and that Raid gives your life enough value to be content with the opportunity cost of that choice.

I just started a thread talking about the challenges of arena, and got some responses, some of which have been really helpful.  It's not that serious.

I'll play this game as long as it continues to be fun.  That's why I play.

Good luck.

Jan 7, 2022, 17:5801/07/22
Jan 7, 2022, 18:00(edited)
02/14/21
harleQuinn

This attitude here is why these threads always turn into you are just whining.

I have been in G1 for 8 months now, what has changed that I now am being consistantly dropped to silver when this did not used to happen?

Your opinion is I shouldn't play the game ( use a outside source to play) or it isn't good enough, sorry but i feel this is wrong on so many fronts but oh well they allow it.

I am not looking to progess out of G1 I am looking to maintain, and sorry i enjoy running 2 accounts for the most part except for Arena and in your view I am not allowed to voice my opinion well I do not have much to say except I will have lost alot of respect I had for you

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 7, 2022, 18:0201/07/22
02/24/19
TheDude

I'm going to repeat the just of my last comment, because it seems to elude you.

I get that a lot of people are really dedicated to this game, and some of them spend a lot of money as well.  I have no beef with those choices.  I'm just not going to make them myself.  That's what we call a free market economy.

I don't take from other parts of my life to give to Raid.  But that's just my choice, it doesn't need to be the choice of anybody else, but I'm happy with that choice.

I just hope that you are happy with your choice, and others, and that Raid gives your life enough value to be content with the opportunity cost of that choice.

I just started a thread talking about the challenges of arena, and got some responses, some of which have been really helpful.  It's not that serious.

I'll play this game as long as it continues to be fun.  That's why I play.

Good luck.

Considering I was quoting Minin, who asked for advice and stated he didn't want a go second team, I think it was appropriate advice. I wasn't even addressing you.

You seem to want to try different teams, so great! Having several different teams is essential for competing in arena. Big thumps up!

And you should definitely want to play the game for whatever time you want to, and it seems you do, so that's great! You should only do things that make you happy, and partake in hobbies that you enjoy. Two big thumbs up! 

Time committments, yeah, that could be a problem. Fortunately for me, Bluestacks takes care of my Dragon farming time committment issue, so I have no lost opportunity cost at all. I just have to start things while having my morning coffee and checking the forums.

And things elude me all the time, which is why I'm glad people on the forums are here to repeat them for me. So thank you. :)

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 7, 2022, 18:0201/07/22
Jan 7, 2022, 18:04(edited)
12/30/20
Minin

I have been in G1 for 8 months now, what has changed that I now am being consistantly dropped to silver when this did not used to happen?

Your opinion is I shouldn't play the game ( use a outside source to play) or it isn't good enough, sorry but i feel this is wrong on so many fronts but oh well they allow it.

I am not looking to progess out of G1 I am looking to maintain, and sorry i enjoy running 2 accounts for the most part except for Arena and in your view I am not allowed to voice my opinion well I do not have much to say except I will have lost alot of respect I had for you

The reason why these threads always turn into whining is because people are unwilling to grind dragon for speed (which by the way if you do on PC is legitimately zero actual work), complain that speed reqs/gearing are too high (we were warned arena would get harder and it makes sense edges dwindle over time as a log jam of players who have grinded builds up) and then get mad when they don't want to do the things that then can incrementally improve their account over time. 

There is also entitlement at play. But we were literally warned MONTHS AGO ARENA WOULD GET HARDER AGAIN. That is why you're getting pushed back down in arena. People can choose to play the game however they want, sure. But if you're running multiple accounts, not focused on certain aspects of the game and aren't spending to compensate, yes, you are going to run into problems. 

You're allowed to voice your opinion, and people are allowed to tell you if they think you're wrong. That's how it works.

Jan 7, 2022, 18:0801/07/22
02/14/21
harleQuinn

Considering I was quoting Minin, who asked for advice and stated he didn't want a go second team, I think it was appropriate advice. I wasn't even addressing you.

You seem to want to try different teams, so great! Having several different teams is essential for competing in arena. Big thumps up!

And you should definitely want to play the game for whatever time you want to, and it seems you do, so that's great! You should only do things that make you happy, and partake in hobbies that you enjoy. Two big thumbs up! 

Time committments, yeah, that could be a problem. Fortunately for me, Bluestacks takes care of my Dragon farming time committment issue, so I have no lost opportunity cost at all. I just have to start things while having my morning coffee and checking the forums.

And things elude me all the time, which is why I'm glad people on the forums are here to repeat them for me. So thank you. :)

You may have wanted to quote me but you didn't that i can see 😀

please show me where i said I wasn't open to suggestion 😠

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 7, 2022, 18:0901/07/22
02/24/19
Minin

I never told you not to voice your opinion, nor did I even ask you not to.

You are being dropped because other people are farming more speed gear than you are. It's that simple. They are improving faster than you are and you are being left behind. 

My first recommendation is to start looking at go second options, farming immunity gear, with the eventual goal of nuking teams that can't kill your defensive teams. My second recommendation is that you farm more speed to keep up with other people who are farming more speed.

Should I give you what I think is bad advice? Should I recommend you do nothing? I would rather make suggestions you don't want to hear, that will hopefully improve your problem, than tell you whatever it is you want to hear. If that means you're not happy with me, at least I was honest about my suggestions to improve. No one is MAKING you take them, and you can continue to play the game however you want.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 7, 2022, 18:1001/07/22
Jan 7, 2022, 18:12(edited)
02/24/19
Minin

You may have wanted to quote me but you didn't that i can see 😀

please show me where i said I wasn't open to suggestion 😠

Oh no. I was trying to quote you above, with my post, did it not do that? Darn it. I have to go back and fix it. 0_0

i

Nope. I qouted you. Was giving you the best advice I had.

Jan 7, 2022, 18:1201/07/22
02/14/21
harleQuinn

I never told you not to voice your opinion, nor did I even ask you not to.

You are being dropped because other people are farming more speed gear than you are. It's that simple. They are improving faster than you are and you are being left behind. 

My first recommendation is to start looking at go second options, farming immunity gear, with the eventual goal of nuking teams that can't kill your defensive teams. My second recommendation is that you farm more speed to keep up with other people who are farming more speed.

Should I give you what I think is bad advice? Should I recommend you do nothing? I would rather make suggestions you don't want to hear, that will hopefully improve your problem, than tell you whatever it is you want to hear. If that means you're not happy with me, at least I was honest about my suggestions to improve. No one is MAKING you take them, and you can continue to play the game however you want.

I do farm Dragon almost all the time, but now you moved the gaol posts, First it was do dragon 20, now I need to do Dragon 25.

Oh well I am not getting any place here, people who will defend the Arena say everything is fine it is you so i wwill accept this thanks.

Jan 7, 2022, 18:1201/07/22
11/14/20
harleQuinn

Oh no. I was trying to quote you above, with my post, did it not do that? Darn it. I have to go back and fix it. 0_0

i

Don't fix it...then it will look as if things are eluding me...😂

Jan 7, 2022, 18:1301/07/22
02/14/21
harleQuinn

i

Yes you did I missed it a page back 

Have a great day

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 7, 2022, 18:1501/07/22
02/24/19
TheDude

Don't fix it...then it will look as if things are eluding me...😂

Looks like things were...

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 7, 2022, 18:2301/07/22
Jan 7, 2022, 18:24(edited)
12/30/20

i

i

Just gonna link these back to back for simplicity's sake. Want to focus just on the content of thedudes posts from those. 

By hyper focused, it means you should be spending your time on specific content to then improve what you can do in other content, which is what it seemed like you were looking for in the OP, anyway (even though this wasn't addressed to you.) This is not a new concept in pretty much any game that has multiple modes/pieces of content.

I can't argue that for a lot of players the time req is tough. I've started to skip aspects of the game even as someone that plays quite a bit. That's fine. That said, the hyper focused aspect of things you choose to do while you play seems even more relevant if you don't want to play that much. Do the things that improve where you want to be in specific content. Seems simple, no? 

No one asked you to take away from your life to improve your situation in Raid, all the advice was in the context of "doing smarter things while you play the game." Again, I don't think being efficient is a controversial stance, but here we are, seven billion replies deep in another arena thread.

The last half of the second post just reads as really passive aggressive/disparaging towards people who do enjoy playing the game a lot. Not much to say there other than if you're fine with the choices you're making to dedicate less time, and the choices others make to play more, just a very weird thing to say "I hope Raid gives your life enough value to be content with the opportunity cost of that choice".

In the end it is your game and you can do whatever you want, just can't be too surprised when you're not willing to focus on doing things while you spend time in the game - and I'm not saying you need to play hours and hours per day to do that - and then get smashed in places like arena where strategy and gearing does matter quite a bit. 

Jan 7, 2022, 18:2401/07/22
11/14/20
harleQuinn

Looks like things were...

Yeah, I know, but your response still got my response, and deservedly so.

Arena has become a serious challenge for casual players, and that may be totally fair, but some players will leave the game because of it.

I'll plug on for a while and see what 2022 brings.

Raid doesn't need to keep the casual player in high numbers (especially F2P), I totally get that, it's a business model.  However, when a bunch of casual players leave the game, and they probably will, the market share will go down even if the profitability does not.  

I have a feeling that Raid will just continue on with it's spenders until they stop spending, and then the game will cease to exist.  Heck, it's what I would do, and then start up a new venture.

But dangit I'll get a go-2nd team before that happens!  Or a 850 spd Arbiter! 

Jan 7, 2022, 18:3001/07/22
12/19/19

I think this thread was properly answered by Kram in the first response:)

OP:  "Is 300 speed required for G1?"

Kram: Yes

Thread Closed :) 

But tbh, the reason it always turns to git gud is expextations for casual/f2p are too high.  The bar is what it is, too high or not.  And it is set by the player base and how active it is.  You can not like how fast it moves, but the train aint stopping... Enjoy the game at your leisure, but if you are waiting for Plarium to change Classic, Tag, or the missions to accomodate less grinding or $$$... we all know that is not happening ever.

Jan 7, 2022, 18:3101/07/22
11/14/20
dthorne04

i

i

Just gonna link these back to back for simplicity's sake. Want to focus just on the content of thedudes posts from those. 

By hyper focused, it means you should be spending your time on specific content to then improve what you can do in other content, which is what it seemed like you were looking for in the OP, anyway (even though this wasn't addressed to you.) This is not a new concept in pretty much any game that has multiple modes/pieces of content.

I can't argue that for a lot of players the time req is tough. I've started to skip aspects of the game even as someone that plays quite a bit. That's fine. That said, the hyper focused aspect of things you choose to do while you play seems even more relevant if you don't want to play that much. Do the things that improve where you want to be in specific content. Seems simple, no? 

No one asked you to take away from your life to improve your situation in Raid, all the advice was in the context of "doing smarter things while you play the game." Again, I don't think being efficient is a controversial stance, but here we are, seven billion replies deep in another arena thread.

The last half of the second post just reads as really passive aggressive/disparaging towards people who do enjoy playing the game a lot. Not much to say there other than if you're fine with the choices you're making to dedicate less time, and the choices others make to play more, just a very weird thing to say "I hope Raid gives your life enough value to be content with the opportunity cost of that choice".

In the end it is your game and you can do whatever you want, just can't be too surprised when you're not willing to focus on doing things while you spend time in the game - and I'm not saying you need to play hours and hours per day to do that - and then get smashed in places like arena where strategy and gearing does matter quite a bit. 

You realize that the game defends and protects players like YOU right?  Not me.  I'm the minority here.  These threads are the only voice that the minority has.

If they exist as a way of expressing a little frustration, where is the harm in that?

Also, these threads get some good discussion which leads to better game-play for players that are in that minority.

Not all of these threads are complaints.  

In fact, the majority of this thread was a good discussion about arena possiblities and strategies in my account.  It went a little sideways at the end, but again, that's because after all the relevant advice, it turned into a "run dragon a billion times and stop complaining" thread.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.