All Categories

Arena is back to being ridiculous.

Arena is back to being ridiculous.

Search
Comments
Jan 7, 2022, 15:0801/07/22
Jan 7, 2022, 15:18(edited)
02/14/21

I am at work so can not do a screenshot of all the 30% team in Silver 4 and G1, and yes I understand the people who defend just sat get GUD but do not offer any solutions other than GET GUD!

I am more than open to any ideas which you offer none of except GET GUD!

Sorry for the tone Work kicking my arse and getting it stomped in G1 and all that you stated I do  and it does not help.

Games  should be fun and it might be time to leave as this game becomes not fun when it comes to the arena.

Jan 7, 2022, 15:3701/07/22
12/19/19
Minin

I am at work so can not do a screenshot of all the 30% team in Silver 4 and G1, and yes I understand the people who defend just sat get GUD but do not offer any solutions other than GET GUD!

Sorry for the tone Work kicking my arse and getting it stomped in G1 and all that you stated I do  and it does not help.

Games  should be fun and it might be time to leave as this game becomes not fun when it comes to the arena.

Git... nvm

Farm L20+ dungeons, forge perception, keep improving.  All u can do

We can argue about the goal posts moving, and whether its fair or not til we turn blue.

The reality is:

• Arena is hard
  • Arena will be harder tomorrow
  • Most team are fast, they will be faster tomorrow...

Even the Bot pages are tougher, always one fairly high power Tormin team snuck in the 10 pack that beats me lol. 

There is no casual player bracket.  No f2p bracket.  I have a suspicion that is not a priority for Plarium, just a hunch.   

What are your plans with energy between now and next fusion?  A mix of Dragon 20+ and SPider 20+ I would suggest.  Make some chicken salad on the side.  Do you use all your FW keys every day (I don't I am lazy)?.   Do you have champs for a go 2nd team?  Use Tag as a testing ground, no opportunity cost.

The good news is the slower you are now, the easier it is to improve!

Jan 7, 2022, 15:3901/07/22
Jan 7, 2022, 15:40(edited)
06/20/19
Minin

You're right, i didn't offer any solutions.  I also never said or implied 'get gud! You should reevaluate that.

I'm not the one that pointed out the problems, therefore offering the solutions is not up to me.  I merely pointed out that I dont' see any solutions in your post.

[EDIT] if you were responding to me.

Jan 7, 2022, 15:4901/07/22
Jan 7, 2022, 15:51(edited)
02/14/21
Angwil

You're right, i didn't offer any solutions.  I also never said or implied 'get gud! You should reevaluate that.

I'm not the one that pointed out the problems, therefore offering the solutions is not up to me.  I merely pointed out that I dont' see any solutions in your post.

[EDIT] if you were responding to me.

I was and i said just fustrated.

I am throwing ideas out there no idea if they are good bad or indifferent.

defunt teams you said to ignore ( which is what i do) my point is if the player is no longer playing their teams should no longer be part of the process IMO.

Sorry was using the Dup system as a corrupt a wish example as in there were a ton of good ideas out there but this is the load they gave us.

Speed cap is just an idea , I just know from my experince and other who have posted here that Speed being the META SUCKS

Please don't tell me a go 2nd team because those are the teams i live off of with my speed team 😀

And yes I farm  Dragon 20 endlessly but the 1 or 2 pieces you get a day really don't help with the fustration and they may add to it plus the bad rolls when leveling the gear

Jan 7, 2022, 15:5601/07/22
06/20/19
Minin

I was and i said just fustrated.

I am throwing ideas out there no idea if they are good bad or indifferent.

defunt teams you said to ignore ( which is what i do) my point is if the player is no longer playing their teams should no longer be part of the process IMO.

Sorry was using the Dup system as a corrupt a wish example as in there were a ton of good ideas out there but this is the load they gave us.

Speed cap is just an idea , I just know from my experince and other who have posted here that Speed being the META SUCKS

Please don't tell me a go 2nd team because those are the teams i live off of with my speed team 😀

And yes I farm  Dragon 20 endlessly but the 1 or 2 pieces you get a day really don't help with the fustration and they may add to it plus the bad rolls when leveling the gear

I get ya, just bouncing ideas back.  I didn't make any suggestions.  Just tried to follow your ideas to a conclusion.

Jan 7, 2022, 16:0401/07/22
12/19/19

A go 2nd team would be a terrible defense for you to attempt, I agree.

But using it as an alternate offense is a great idea.  There are lots of easy speed nuke teams that are easily destroyed regardless of how fast they are.

And the benefits of building that team, are those champs are useful in other content as well.  Happy to assist in identifying a potential team hidden in your roster.  

-- Trying to be a helpful A-hole instead of just an A-hole this year (Harrby edit coming soon)

Jan 7, 2022, 16:1201/07/22
02/14/21
Trips

But using it as an alternate offense is a great idea.  There are lots of easy speed nuke teams that are easily destroyed regardless of how fast they are.

And the benefits of building that team, are those champs are useful in other content as well.  Happy to assist in identifying a potential team hidden in your roster.  

-- Trying to be a helpful A-hole instead of just an A-hole this year (Harrby edit coming soon)

I will post it tonight or tomorrow.

And Harbs leave poor Trips alone 😍

Jan 7, 2022, 16:1901/07/22
12/19/19

i

This is from just now in G4.  I am guessing you never see these "bots" in G1?

Jan 7, 2022, 16:2201/07/22
02/14/21
Trips

i

This is from just now in G4.  I am guessing you never see these "bots" in G1?

Umm if you consider those BOTS, I should just quit today.

Anything with a speed lead I do not bother with and my main with ARB only has 290 speed and my alt with HK only 270 speed , speed team = loss more often than not.

Jan 7, 2022, 16:2601/07/22
12/19/19
Minin

Umm if you consider those BOTS, I should just quit today.

Anything with a speed lead I do not bother with and my main with ARB only has 290 speed and my alt with HK only 270 speed , speed team = loss more often than not.

Ok, other than the Serris and Gurgoh team, a basic go 2nd team can beat the rest of the nuke teams.  Low power with no buff stripper is a free win.  

Jan 7, 2022, 16:2901/07/22
02/14/21

Right now on my alt account no stripper is my issue (  get your mind out of the gutter, i started there first )and haveing to chew thru 2X the HP, As everyone seems to use a damn Sheild set is really a pain.

Jan 7, 2022, 16:3101/07/22
11/14/20
Trips

I have Seeker, and some decent defensive champs, but I've never been able to build a good go-2nd squad.

I posted my roster earlier, and ideas?  Maybe I just haven't used the right ones.

Jan 7, 2022, 16:5401/07/22
12/19/19
TheDude

I have Seeker, and some decent defensive champs, but I've never been able to build a good go-2nd squad.

I posted my roster earlier, and ideas?  Maybe I just haven't used the right ones.

Looks like your seeker is not leveled up.  Is that your full roster? Or do u have some more epics in vault?

I would use Seeker as lead.  Aura, plus will put def up on all when he takes 1st hit.  That plus someone (an HP or DEF champ built with high HP) in a shield set will allow you to survive initial hit.  Note, if you are really slow you may need to survive 2 hits before u get a turn.

Tatura shoud be on the team.

Visix is a good option as well.

Melga (in shield set) maybe

Scyl 

Maulie (looks like u haven't built, and I've only used in speed teams)

Jan 7, 2022, 17:0601/07/22
11/14/20
Trips

Looks like your seeker is not leveled up.  Is that your full roster? Or do u have some more epics in vault?

I would use Seeker as lead.  Aura, plus will put def up on all when he takes 1st hit.  That plus someone (an HP or DEF champ built with high HP) in a shield set will allow you to survive initial hit.  Note, if you are really slow you may need to survive 2 hits before u get a turn.

Tatura shoud be on the team.

Visix is a good option as well.

Melga (in shield set) maybe

Scyl 

Maulie (looks like u haven't built, and I've only used in speed teams)

I've been running speed teams forever, so I've never had the need to build a serious go-2nd team before, basically just messed around with it in Tag.  

I just got Maulie a week ago, so she's still in the vault, built Tatura instead.

I have Umbral too.  

This new speed meta is making me consider a go-2nd team as a serious option.  I've never really felt I had the champs for it though.  I can provoke, but can I hit hard enough to get a win?  I don't really have any game changers like heavy HP/Def hitters or huge shields.

I've had some success building a "survival" team in Tag that just lasts longer with some heals, not sure if that will work in G3 or G4.

Jan 7, 2022, 17:1101/07/22
06/25/20

Just bear in mind - go second teams have much more strict gear requirements. You need a minimum of 200 RES on all of your champs, with a lead like Rhazin, or, if you're not using an RES lead, a minimum of 275 RES on all your champs. This is on top of whatever other gear requirements you'll need (ACC, DEF, HP, etc...).

Jan 7, 2022, 17:1801/07/22
12/19/19
TheDude

I've been running speed teams forever, so I've never had the need to build a serious go-2nd team before, basically just messed around with it in Tag.  

I just got Maulie a week ago, so she's still in the vault, built Tatura instead.

I have Umbral too.  

This new speed meta is making me consider a go-2nd team as a serious option.  I've never really felt I had the champs for it though.  I can provoke, but can I hit hard enough to get a win?  I don't really have any game changers like heavy HP/Def hitters or huge shields.

I've had some success building a "survival" team in Tag that just lasts longer with some heals, not sure if that will work in G3 or G4.

Skathix! Just saw on your roster.  I just built and started testing so I can have 2 go 2nd teams in Tag.  He is awesome.  Now mine has 500+ res so that helps.  You do need one decent defensive damage dealer so you can take out the arbiter.  I use Brago (hits really hard) and Sandlashed (hits hard enough and provoking arbiter helps as well).  The glass cannons with arbiter should fall easy enough.  The team I use in Tag is with all champs you don't have: Sandlashed, Brago, Brogni, Vogoth.  

Jan 7, 2022, 17:2501/07/22
Jan 7, 2022, 17:26(edited)
11/14/20
Trips

Skathix! Just saw on your roster.  I just built and started testing so I can have 2 go 2nd teams in Tag.  He is awesome.  Now mine has 500+ res so that helps.  You do need one decent defensive damage dealer so you can take out the arbiter.  I use Brago (hits really hard) and Sandlashed (hits hard enough and provoking arbiter helps as well).  The glass cannons with arbiter should fall easy enough.  The team I use in Tag is with all champs you don't have: Sandlashed, Brago, Brogni, Vogoth.  

The only single target nukers I have are Soulbond and Shamael, I think, and will probably just fall over when nuked?  I could give Tatura a damage build and use him but his hit probably won't kill the Arbiter outright, a provoke could give me another wack though.  

Skathix does have a nice kit for this, but I don't have the resources to build him out just as a test.  Maybe a longer project.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 7, 2022, 17:2901/07/22
Jan 7, 2022, 17:35(edited)
02/24/19
Minin

My suggestion is that every bit of energy goes into Dragon 24/25 and Spider 25 basically for weeks or more.

Lots of folks even in my own clans just log in and spend a little bit just doing dailies and maybe working on leveling a bit of food. They may run 45 Dragon runs overnight sometimes, or even most of the time, and they wonder why they are being left behind. 

You said you don't want to think about a go-second team, so realistically you have to run Dragon 20+ for weeks, with all your energy and maybe all your gems for energy, before you'll see speed improvements. No leveling food champs unless you're solo farming dragon. No going hard on some random Ice Golemn tourney, or running IG at all. Or anything else that won't help your speed problems.

And, if you don't think this is a process that will take a full month or more, you have to adjust your expectations. This will be a long process. Fortunately, people that already have a 340-360 Arbiter and a 320 high accuracy Warlord, they have to run exponentially more dungeons than you just to find a piece that improves their account even in the slightest, not even just with speed. So you can definitely close the gap, but only by being hyper focused.

That's my best advice at least.

Jan 7, 2022, 17:3001/07/22
11/14/20

Seeker (shield set w/hp stack and speed)/Umbral/Tatura (dmg build)/Scyl

Off the top of my head, I think that's the best I can come up with.  

Jan 7, 2022, 17:3301/07/22
06/25/20
TheDude

Seeker (shield set w/hp stack and speed)/Umbral/Tatura (dmg build)/Scyl

Off the top of my head, I think that's the best I can come up with.  

Umbral doesn't fit on that team. She's meant for nuke teams, not go-second ones. The reason champs like Seeker, Vogoth, and Sandlashed work so well is because they have powerful passive effects. Also the reason Tatura works so well - the passive freeze.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.