All Categories

Arena is back to being ridiculous.

Search
Jan 6, 2022, 14:0001/06/22
11/14/20

So my 273 speed Apothecary, with my Arbiter speed lead, is not winning ANY speed battles in Gold II arena?  That's absurd.

I used to stay in Gold IV consistently as long as I spent a few gems to refresh once in a while, which seems like a fair ask.  I'd drop down to III and go back up again as long as I put in the effort.  Like I said, a fair ask.

Now...I can't win a speed battle to save my life.  I'm losing to 300+ speed High Katuns in Gold II.  That just doesn't make sense anymore.

I can re-gear my Arbiter to have 300 speed, but that will lessen the effectiveness of my Apothecary in PVE, and I feel like 273 should be enough to stay competitive in Arena.  273 is hard to get to for a F2P account, especially if you still have a strong build with that speed.

Is it really normal to need 300 speed for an arena team to compete in Gold now?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 6, 2022, 14:0401/06/22
06/25/20

Yes.

Jan 6, 2022, 14:0901/06/22
02/14/21

Is it normal yes

Is it right no IMO, Arena is the one reason I am thinking of quitting. 

It is just not fun for me and just to stay in whatever rank you are in is a FULL TIME JOB!

Jan 6, 2022, 14:1301/06/22
11/14/20
Minin

Is it normal yes

Is it right no IMO, Arena is the one reason I am thinking of quitting. 

It is just not fun for me and just to stay in whatever rank you are in is a FULL TIME JOB!

"FULL TIME JOB"

This is the part that Raid needs to change.  I'm ok with the challenge, it just takes me longer to overcome becasue I'm F2P...I'm NOT ok with the time requirement.

You are right Minin, Arena is the best example of this problem.  Even the spenders don't like the time requirement.

Jan 6, 2022, 14:1401/06/22
06/25/20

Shrug. You already have Arbiter, which is by far the hardest part of getting to / staying in G4. Now that you have her, remaining in G4 should be effortless.

Jan 6, 2022, 14:1601/06/22
Jan 6, 2022, 15:33(edited)
11/14/20
kramaswamy.kr

Shrug. You already have Arbiter, which is by far the hardest part of getting to / staying in G4. Now that you have her, remaining in G4 should be effortless.

It's "effortless" if you have crazy gear.

Champs are only as good as the gear your account has.

Like I said, 273 speed with a good all-around build should be fine, but it's not.  I'll need to find a way to get the speed to 300 and still be PVE capable...that's the challenge.

Jan 6, 2022, 14:1701/06/22
06/25/20

273 speed is something I can toss together with random gear from forging Perception sets. Why should 273 speed be good enough to be competitive in the top tier of arena?

Jan 6, 2022, 14:1901/06/22
11/14/20

Gold II is NOT the top tier of Arena, it's not even in the same universe.

Jan 6, 2022, 14:3301/06/22
04/02/19

It's nothing to do with G2 - there will be plenty of teams in G2 you could beat, and go faster with your speed, but their stupid matchmaking algorithm is bringing you those teams to battle, I don't know why you don't just get ten random teams from your tier to battle - probably nobody does - but I reckon without the matchmaking it would become easier, and fairer to progress and they won't want that

Jan 6, 2022, 15:0301/06/22
02/14/21
kramaswamy.kr

I have Arb and staying in G4 is no where close to effortless 😀 290 speed ( yes i know not great but still trying to enjoy other parts of the game )

Jan 6, 2022, 15:0401/06/22
09/14/20

You are a snail with 300 speed in Gold IV...or you have a very strong go-second-team. Sorry...

Jan 6, 2022, 15:2601/06/22
02/14/21

I love these Arena treads ( NOT! )

You always get some that say GET GUD NOOB! I can get 270 speed on my trash gear, 300 speed is way too low to be competive.

No empathy for anyone because i had to go uphill both ways you should have to too, but carrying a 1000# bag too 😀

Jan 6, 2022, 15:3001/06/22
Jan 6, 2022, 15:31(edited)
11/14/20
Matrim

You are a snail with 300 speed in Gold IV...or you have a very strong go-second-team. Sorry...

This is the problem in a nut shell.  When I say you need crazy gear...this is why...because I need a 300+ speed lead with dedicated gear just for arena play.  Like...that's not happening lol.

I need gear for PVE play as well, and some of my arena champs are used in PVE, so there's a cross-over requirement there for other stats.

A go-second team is very champion-specific and not a serious possibility for me.  As long as I still need Apothecary in Clan Boss and some Dungeons (plus doom tower), giving him gear that brings his speed to 300+ just isn't an option.  The same with my Arbiter...because it would take key pieces off my Apothecary to do so.

It just doesn't seem like that should be necessary in Gold II.

Jan 6, 2022, 15:3801/06/22
06/25/20

It's just the nature of a game that ages. More players playing = more players in each tier, including G2. Inactive players dropping out of G4 means you'll be facing stronger and stronger teams at each level.

I ask you again - if you can put together a 270ish speed champ with gear just from crafting at the forge, should you really expect to be able to win reliably with it? Anyone can do this, it doesn't even take much luck.

Jan 6, 2022, 15:4801/06/22
11/14/20
kramaswamy.kr

It's just the nature of a game that ages. More players playing = more players in each tier, including G2. Inactive players dropping out of G4 means you'll be facing stronger and stronger teams at each level.

I ask you again - if you can put together a 270ish speed champ with gear just from crafting at the forge, should you really expect to be able to win reliably with it? Anyone can do this, it doesn't even take much luck.

You can't get that speed from the forge man, that's just not true.  How much silver do you need to roll up every speed substat to 12 just to find the tripple rolls?  I spent 30 million silver getting the fusion champ a week ago and then I had to level/gear him (more silver).  

If I was trying to find random 300 speed from the forge I would never even be able to compete in a fusion.

Which is my point, by the way.  Having the silver AND the gear to have a dedicated arena team to compete in a 300+ speed meta is pretty nuts unless you basically abandon PVE content, at least on my account it is.

I'm F2P, beat all lv 25 dungeons, beat normal doom tower, and I'm stuck on Nightmare clan boss.  I need my champs with more than just speed to compete in that content.  I also need speed on ALL my champs too, not just my arena team.  

The top of G4 and platinum are out of my league and I'm totally fine with that, but I shouldn't have such an issue getting into the G3/G4 range.  All they have to do is fix the match-ups.

Jan 6, 2022, 15:5201/06/22
06/25/20

Can't from forge? Now, admittedly, the two speed items can't be obtained from forge - but they can also easily be replaced with perception gear. The chest has speed substat with zero rolls on it, so a perception chest with even a single roll would give just as much speed.

i

Jan 6, 2022, 15:5901/06/22
12/19/19
TheDude

You can't get that speed from the forge man, that's just not true.  How much silver do you need to roll up every speed substat to 12 just to find the tripple rolls?  I spent 30 million silver getting the fusion champ a week ago and then I had to level/gear him (more silver).  

If I was trying to find random 300 speed from the forge I would never even be able to compete in a fusion.

Which is my point, by the way.  Having the silver AND the gear to have a dedicated arena team to compete in a 300+ speed meta is pretty nuts unless you basically abandon PVE content, at least on my account it is.

I'm F2P, beat all lv 25 dungeons, beat normal doom tower, and I'm stuck on Nightmare clan boss.  I need my champs with more than just speed to compete in that content.  I also need speed on ALL my champs too, not just my arena team.  

The top of G4 and platinum are out of my league and I'm totally fine with that, but I shouldn't have such an issue getting into the G3/G4 range.  All they have to do is fix the match-ups.

Your contention that speed requirements are significantly higher than before is completely valid.  But if you've completed all dungeon 25s, I imagine you have the gear to start focusing on improving arena team without regressing elsewhere.  If you are using Apothecary in CB, that is another problem :) But I also don't think you want him in arena, problem #2 identified.  For dungeons, Apo doesn't need to be that fast (250ish is more than enough).  PvP is tougher now, PvE is easier.  That's the game in 2020, if you find a time machine you can go back and play in 2019 or whenever it started.  Until then, adapt to where the game is now.

Jan 6, 2022, 16:0701/06/22
Jan 6, 2022, 16:08(edited)
11/14/20
Trips

Your contention that speed requirements are significantly higher than before is completely valid.  But if you've completed all dungeon 25s, I imagine you have the gear to start focusing on improving arena team without regressing elsewhere.  If you are using Apothecary in CB, that is another problem :) But I also don't think you want him in arena, problem #2 identified.  For dungeons, Apo doesn't need to be that fast (250ish is more than enough).  PvP is tougher now, PvE is easier.  That's the game in 2020, if you find a time machine you can go back and play in 2019 or whenever it started.  Until then, adapt to where the game is now.

Yes, I fully realize Apothecary shouldn't be in CB, but this is why I'm not in UNM.  I don't have unkillable and I don't have counter-attack, so I need speed and he's the guy.  I'd love to get him off...believe me.  

The same with arena.  That issue comes down to the speed of my nuker (which is Trunda).  I can only get her to hit hard at 184 speed...anything higher and my gear doesn't smack.  Remember, Trunda is limited to gear without accuracy in arena, so some pieces just don't work for her.  Basically, I have to use 2 booster champs so she gets a turn (Apothecary and Arbiter). 

I'll find a way to get my Arbiter to 300+ and lower my Apothecary to 250...it's probably my only current solution.

Love the advice though.

Cheers. 

Jan 6, 2022, 16:0801/06/22
02/14/21
Trips

Wow A mellow Trips, what is the world coming too 😜

Jan 6, 2022, 16:1101/06/22
06/25/20
TheDude

Yes, I fully realize Apothecary shouldn't be in CB, but this is why I'm not in UNM.  I don't have unkillable and I don't have counter-attack, so I need speed and he's the guy.  I'd love to get him off...believe me.  

The same with arena.  That issue comes down to the speed of my nuker (which is Trunda).  I can only get her to hit hard at 184 speed...anything higher and my gear doesn't smack.  Remember, Trunda is limited to gear without accuracy in arena, so some pieces just don't work for her.  Basically, I have to use 2 booster champs so she gets a turn (Apothecary and Arbiter). 

I'll find a way to get my Arbiter to 300+ and lower my Apothecary to 250...it's probably my only current solution.

Love the advice though.

Cheers. 

Won't be enough. Double speed boost won't get Trunda to act before the other team at 184 speed. You have three options:

1) Make Trunda faster

2) Add a third speed boost

3) Add someone who can lock the enemy team down, that can be tuned to act immediately after the two speed boosts (AOE sleep, stun, provoke, etc...)

Jan 6, 2022, 16:2901/06/22
12/19/19
TheDude

Love the advice though.

Cheers. 

Post your roster, maybe the first thing to do is change your CB team so you are still doing NM at least with the potential to migrate to UNM (even 4 keying is better than staying in NM) without using any arena champs.  Trying to double up in those two areas is a recipe for disaster for early game to mid-game.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.