New Years Free Gifts

Search
harleQuinnModerator
Dec 31, 2021, 09:2212/31/21
02/24/19

New Years Free Gifts

Christmas PLUS New Years. Yay!

i

Make sure you login in the next day to get your free stuff!

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 31, 2021, 09:3212/31/21
01/22/21

great joy :), you shouldn't be upset with me if I criticize the game, but this year's gifts were not motivating enough, 1 sacred shard is not enough, this shard was taken by Plarium from the daily / monthly logs , they took 12 of us and we received a gift 1 is a bad joke 

Dec 31, 2021, 10:1212/31/21
10/15/20

I hate getting only one Sacred. I allways open sacred shards outside of 2x events, so I would need two Sacreds instead of one for the same chance for a legendary. 😣

Dec 31, 2021, 11:2312/31/21
10/15/20
dany77

great joy :), you shouldn't be upset with me if I criticize the game, but this year's gifts were not motivating enough, 1 sacred shard is not enough, this shard was taken by Plarium from the daily / monthly logs , they took 12 of us and we received a gift 1 is a bad joke 

I do not like the daily log in changes - especially when i saw scion as the new log in reward yesterday.

BUT this is free stuff and free is good. Honestly- if the game annoys you so much all of the time, maybe it isnt worth the stress mate?

Dec 31, 2021, 12:1912/31/21
06/20/19

I hate getting free stuff. No matter what I get or who it's from it could always have been more. My Aunt Sue used to give me $25 every year on my birthday until one year I finaly told her "I know you can afford $30!" /S

Dec 31, 2021, 12:2312/31/21
Dec 31, 2021, 12:23(edited)
06/20/19

Seriously though, part of the problem of giving free stuff away, especially on a regular basis, is that individuals begin to feel entitled to the free giveaways.  The daily login rewards were always free, never paid for.  No one was ever entitled to them.

Dec 31, 2021, 15:4012/31/21
10/15/20
Angwil

Seriously though, part of the problem of giving free stuff away, especially on a regular basis, is that individuals begin to feel entitled to the free giveaways.  The daily login rewards were always free, never paid for.  No one was ever entitled to them.

Well yeh if you give people something (such as log in rewards) then take them away people will miss what is taken away

I usually find myself in the middle on this sort of stuff, i miss my chicken and shard and had a chuckle to myself when i saw scion fragments.

BUT i do not get people complaining about free stuff or being annoyed about it, at the end of the day plenty of resources are thrown at players to do the fusions if they are careful with resources and play sensibly

And while some of the fusions have been ...mediocre there have been some really good ones

So you can progress with no spend at all and if you hoard all these xmas/new year gifts then the next fusion should be a lot easier.

Dec 31, 2021, 17:0012/31/21
10/01/21

New player here. Can I wait to collect these or do they expire at the end of the day? XP boost is great but I can't make good use of it until next week with the holidays. 

Dec 31, 2021, 17:2812/31/21
12/19/19
Organus

New player here. Can I wait to collect these or do they expire at the end of the day? XP boost is great but I can't make good use of it until next week with the holidays. 

It will go to mailbox. Collect 

Dec 31, 2021, 17:3212/31/21
06/20/19
trevor.wilson

Well yeh if you give people something (such as log in rewards) then take them away people will miss what is taken away

I usually find myself in the middle on this sort of stuff, i miss my chicken and shard and had a chuckle to myself when i saw scion fragments.

BUT i do not get people complaining about free stuff or being annoyed about it, at the end of the day plenty of resources are thrown at players to do the fusions if they are careful with resources and play sensibly

And while some of the fusions have been ...mediocre there have been some really good ones

So you can progress with no spend at all and if you hoard all these xmas/new year gifts then the next fusion should be a lot easier.

Nothing was taken away; they give you one month, then give you another month, then they don't give you the next month.  No one took away anything.

I do wish we still had the chicken and the shard, don't get me wrong. But I agree, if you do everything you can do daily there are all kinds of rewards.  And I remember about a year long stretch when there were NO daily log in rewards.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 31, 2021, 18:5412/31/21
02/24/19
Angwil

Nothing was taken away; they give you one month, then give you another month, then they don't give you the next month.  No one took away anything.

I do wish we still had the chicken and the shard, don't get me wrong. But I agree, if you do everything you can do daily there are all kinds of rewards.  And I remember about a year long stretch when there were NO daily log in rewards.

The dark ages.

Everyone forgets about the dark ages.

Jan 1, 2022, 10:1401/01/22
06/28/21
harleQuinn

The dark ages.

Everyone forgets about the dark ages.

And everyone forgets the golden ages of the off the charts value of the mastery passes...A free FB, the S1 tier poisoner plus all the other good stuff....

Of course I started raid only fairly recently, so I do not know, what the reward situation was back then.

But then people also seem to forget, that the amount of shards you can collect now copared to what  you could collect way back when has not significantly changed. But over the years the pool of epics and legendaries has been flooded with useless and niche useful champs. So a sacred shard way back then had a significant higher chance to yield any S tier legendary champ than it does now.

Sure there were lesser rewards, but also much higher chances to get the S tier pull. Plarium is decreasing monthly the chances of a good pull out of shards while keeping the amount of collectible shards and shard prices the same. That is intentional devaluing of ingame materials.

Jan 1, 2022, 16:0401/01/22
12/19/19
Scathach

And everyone forgets the golden ages of the off the charts value of the mastery passes...A free FB, the S1 tier poisoner plus all the other good stuff....

Of course I started raid only fairly recently, so I do not know, what the reward situation was back then.

But then people also seem to forget, that the amount of shards you can collect now copared to what  you could collect way back when has not significantly changed. But over the years the pool of epics and legendaries has been flooded with useless and niche useful champs. So a sacred shard way back then had a significant higher chance to yield any S tier legendary champ than it does now.

Sure there were lesser rewards, but also much higher chances to get the S tier pull. Plarium is decreasing monthly the chances of a good pull out of shards while keeping the amount of collectible shards and shard prices the same. That is intentional devaluing of ingame materials.

Lol.  There is at least 10x more free stuff now.  I played 6 months before I used a lego.  There were no daily login rewards for a long time.... the F2C/F2W segment has completely overtaken the game.  Game takes effort if f2p or p2p.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 1, 2022, 16:1301/01/22
Jan 1, 2022, 16:22(edited)
02/24/19
Scathach

I love the pontificating on a free gift thread. 

Also, there were plenty of niche champs then, and plenty of niche champs now. Woad painted, and many others, were always chickens, no matter your romantic dreams of how the game was back when.

And Trips is right. I also played for 6 months before a legendary. Rewards are all over the game, like there never were before, you just have to play the game to get them.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 1, 2022, 16:2501/01/22
02/24/19
Trips

Lol.  There is at least 10x more free stuff now.  I played 6 months before I used a lego.  There were no daily login rewards for a long time.... the F2C/F2W segment has completely overtaken the game.  Game takes effort if f2p or p2p.

Is this Free 2 Complain/Free to Whine? 

i

Jan 2, 2022, 04:2001/02/22
06/28/21
harleQuinn

I love the pontificating on a free gift thread. 

Also, there were plenty of niche champs then, and plenty of niche champs now. Woad painted, and many others, were always chickens, no matter your romantic dreams of how the game was back when.

And Trips is right. I also played for 6 months before a legendary. Rewards are all over the game, like there never were before, you just have to play the game to get them.

Yes there were plenty of niche champs then, there are MORE now, while the number of shards you get STAYS THE SAME. Hm no devaluing at all right?

Yes there were less rewards then, there was also less content. The additional daily rewards from the advanced quests weren't there. Do you want me to believe those trump the value of the mastery passes rhat were available?

Then you must love your own pontification about the "dark ages".  when the mastery pass existed, there were less champions overall, meaning you had a vastly increased chance to pull a good one, you had probably a higher chance to net sacred shards from clanboss (no void shards), etc. The "dark ages" were far from being "dark" is all I am saying

Yes we get more energy now, which is great. What is not so great is the intentional devaluation of shards by diluting the champion pool without adjusting the number of shards you can get and shard prices. 

Please note I have not complained anywhere about free stuff either....

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 2, 2022, 09:0901/02/22
02/24/19
Scathach

Yes there were plenty of niche champs then, there are MORE now, while the number of shards you get STAYS THE SAME. Hm no devaluing at all right?

Yes there were less rewards then, there was also less content. The additional daily rewards from the advanced quests weren't there. Do you want me to believe those trump the value of the mastery passes rhat were available?

Then you must love your own pontification about the "dark ages".  when the mastery pass existed, there were less champions overall, meaning you had a vastly increased chance to pull a good one, you had probably a higher chance to net sacred shards from clanboss (no void shards), etc. The "dark ages" were far from being "dark" is all I am saying

Yes we get more energy now, which is great. What is not so great is the intentional devaluation of shards by diluting the champion pool without adjusting the number of shards you can get and shard prices. 

Please note I have not complained anywhere about free stuff either....

What is not so great is the intentional devaluation of shards by diluting the champion pool without adjusting the number of shards you can get and shard prices.  

Has every champ that has been released since I started playing been bad? Must be, if things are how you say. I definitely spend every day hoping I don't pull a Rotos or Tormin or Trunda. I think the percentage of "good champs" to "bad champs" has gone up, not down.

But what do I know? I was only struggling to do fusions LONG before you started playing, trying to get some of these "useless champs" so that I could drastically improve my account. The fact is, you have no idea what it felt like to play the game before June. But please, tell me more about how it felt to play Raid 2 years before you started playing it.

Let me quote Harbby here, responding to you in another thread:

i

I've been playing for a bit now, sir, and from my experience, I can unequivocably say that there has never been a better time to play in terms of rewards and ease of advancement. But feel free to continue trying to convince me otherwise, in direct contradiction to my own experiences.

Jan 2, 2022, 11:4101/02/22
06/28/21
harleQuinn
What is not so great is the intentional devaluation of shards by diluting the champion pool without adjusting the number of shards you can get and shard prices.  

Has every champ that has been released since I started playing been bad? Must be, if things are how you say. I definitely spend every day hoping I don't pull a Rotos or Tormin or Trunda. I think the percentage of "good champs" to "bad champs" has gone up, not down.

But what do I know? I was only struggling to do fusions LONG before you started playing, trying to get some of these "useless champs" so that I could drastically improve my account. The fact is, you have no idea what it felt like to play the game before June. But please, tell me more about how it felt to play Raid 2 years before you started playing it.

Let me quote Harbby here, responding to you in another thread:

i

I've been playing for a bit now, sir, and from my experience, I can unequivocably say that there has never been a better time to play in terms of rewards and ease of advancement. But feel free to continue trying to convince me otherwise, in direct contradiction to my own experiences.

Wherever did I say, that every new champ released since launch has been bad?

That is a misrepresentation of my argument. You, sir, however cannot deny,that the majority of champions released since launch have been on the not good/niche side in every bracket. Thus the diluting of the champion pool, that is good for any content/account changers.

Whatever is considered good can only be assessed in relation to what else is on the account. For instance I pulled Roric, which is for anyone not having counterattack a pretty disappointing pull. However I am happy to experiment with him, since i have a valk....However the number of account changers in relation to the compelte chapion pool has not gone up in the years for sure. And that is the only reasonable measurement, since everything else can be complete crap for account a while being able to advance account b.

Also an incidental reference to a person, who has reached the highest level of gameplay ftp has also no impact on the argument in question, SINCE THE POINT OF CONTENTION IS THAT REACHING THAT LEVELS IS NOT GUARANTEED, NO MATTER HOW KNOWLEDGABLE YOU ARE IN THE GAME. Pointing out that person x managed it does in no way, shape or form invalidate the argument. For it to be invalid EVERYONE playing that amount of time with careful ressource management needs to have reached that level of gameplay. Is that the case in raid? I highly doubt it, though, drawing on my experience on getting actually only 1 extremely niche useful legendary and one good overall epic in hm 6 months. No careful ressource management will advance the account signifcantly...

Of course energy is now more plentiful and it is appreciated. There is also more content which is only the natural progression. There is no living online game, that doesn't expand content over time....

Jan 2, 2022, 13:5001/02/22
06/20/19
Scathach

Too much wrong with this. You obviously have misunderstandings.  First, I have to assume you mean battle pass when you say mastery pass.  But you say free FB? Em, no, there were several tiers to battle pass.  One was a basic tier for minimal pay, the other was a premium tier for a bit more.  Then there was the option to pay $100 to get all rewards immediatly. In other words you could pay $100 to get Wurmlin immediatly instead of going throught he 100 days or whatever it was and getting him for the regular premium price.  Oh boy, wurmlim today for $100!!  woo hoo.

Second; You are completely wrong about the chances of an ancient getting an s-tier back then. Yes it is true that your chances of pulling St. NIck were much better back then and that there are many more champs now.  But all you have to do is look at your favorite tier list and see that s-tier champs are pretty evenly distributed throughout the life of raid.  So while your chance of getting st.nick may have gone down, your odds of getting candy are much better now then they were before candy was released.  Your position is dependent on the presumption that no s-tier champs have been released in the last two years and that is bunk, bunk, bunk!!!  Releasing new champs just means not everyone will have the same champs, not ncecessarilly worse champs.  I played almost 3 years ago and it took me 9 months to get and s-tier leggendary so your belief, that evidently you had to play that long ago to get s-tier champs, is just silly.  Even back then almost none of the available leggos were s-tier.

I don't think the odds of getting an s-tier leggo today are any different than they were 3 years ago.  But I do think your odds of getting specific older champs goes down.  This is actually good for the game b/c otherwise everyone would have all the old champs and no one would have the new.

Jan 2, 2022, 13:5201/02/22
Jan 2, 2022, 14:03(edited)
06/20/19
Scathach

Wherever did I say, that every new champ released since launch has been bad?

That is a misrepresentation of my argument. You, sir, however cannot deny,that the majority of champions released since launch have been on the not good/niche side in every bracket. Thus the diluting of the champion pool, that is good for any content/account changers.

Whatever is considered good can only be assessed in relation to what else is on the account. For instance I pulled Roric, which is for anyone not having counterattack a pretty disappointing pull. However I am happy to experiment with him, since i have a valk....However the number of account changers in relation to the compelte chapion pool has not gone up in the years for sure. And that is the only reasonable measurement, since everything else can be complete crap for account a while being able to advance account b.

Also an incidental reference to a person, who has reached the highest level of gameplay ftp has also no impact on the argument in question, SINCE THE POINT OF CONTENTION IS THAT REACHING THAT LEVELS IS NOT GUARANTEED, NO MATTER HOW KNOWLEDGABLE YOU ARE IN THE GAME. Pointing out that person x managed it does in no way, shape or form invalidate the argument. For it to be invalid EVERYONE playing that amount of time with careful ressource management needs to have reached that level of gameplay. Is that the case in raid? I highly doubt it, though, drawing on my experience on getting actually only 1 extremely niche useful legendary and one good overall epic in hm 6 months. No careful ressource management will advance the account signifcantly...

Of course energy is now more plentiful and it is appreciated. There is also more content which is only the natural progression. There is no living online game, that doesn't expand content over time....

"Wherever did I say, that every new champ released since launch has been bad?"

Pretty much yes, this is what you are saying.  It may not be what you meant to say once you consider, but it is what you are saying.  And it's not a misrepresentation of your argument.  Your argument must be a misrepresentation of what you meant to say.

While I agree that most new champs are not s-tier, you seem to be under the impression that all old champs were s-tier.  This is rubbish and therefore I do disagree that the pool of available s-tier champs has been diluted.  Most champs back then were just as bad, just as situational, as they are now.  

Jan 2, 2022, 14:1301/02/22
06/28/21
Angwil

"Wherever did I say, that every new champ released since launch has been bad?"

Pretty much yes, this is what you are saying.  It may not be what you meant to say once you consider, but it is what you are saying.  And it's not a misrepresentation of your argument.  Your argument must be a misrepresentation of what you meant to say.

While I agree that most new champs are not s-tier, you seem to be under the impression that all old champs were s-tier.  This is rubbish and therefore I do disagree that the pool of available s-tier champs has been diluted.  Most champs back then were just as bad, just as situational, as they are now.  

No, that is not what I am saying.

I am saying,t hat the ratio between champions good to very good in all areas of the game to those who are bad/niche useful/useful only on small areas of the game was better way back when. Of champions reasonably obtainable aka from shards. Of course most champs back then where bad to moderately useful, but the ratio was better way back when.

I am also far from the opinion, that all champions whay back when were good, as I repeatedly stated, that the ration between s tier and non s tier has been lowered even more over time. This presupposes it has been low in the first place...