All Categories

guaranteed Rector, a good joke

guaranteed Rector, a good joke

Search
Comments
Jan 4, 2022, 19:2601/04/22
10/01/21
harleQuinn

If I'd have pulled a darn sacred on my CB rewards I could have a Rector!!!

i

mine. 

i

Jan 4, 2022, 19:4201/04/22
Jan 5, 2022, 17:18(edited)
08/01/21
Yolo Han Solo

not going to lie, eliminating completely the chance of a legendary from a sacred shard is really a slap in the face. this event should have been on ancient shards. like the greed. my god. give with one hand pickpocket you with the other. and if recent events are anything to go by we can expect to see the best champs in the game on 10x  at least 2 or 3 times a year ;) i understand they are a business and I don't mind spending I just don't like all the little things they do. adding barrels and stuffing them in packs to up prices. same with brews and silver. im sure there are others im missing. creating problems and selling the solution. lol

It's a little over-the-top to call a completely optional offer a "slap in the face", as it only actually harmed the tiny subset of players who desperately wanted to pull 4 or more sacreds during the relatively brief promotion period but didn't want Rector Drath.  

A sacred shard is a 94% chance to pull an epic.  The probability of getting a legendary if you pull four sacreds is 22%.  During the Rector Drath event it was 17%.  

Was Rector Drath worth that 5%?  For me it was.  

I had all the information needed to make an informed decision, so I don't see how I was "slapped in the face" one way or the other.  If I didn't want to pull four sacreds during the event, I wouldn't have.  I'd have just waited a day or so.

Jan 10, 2022, 14:4201/10/22
05/03/20

Better in that the game isn't so reliant on spending and is such a pain on casual and new players.  You can't expect new/casual players to be able to figure out the convoluted system for arena.  You can't expect somebody who works 5 days a week, 12-13 hours a day to enjoy spending their limited off time researching and finding a way to be competitive.

I was competitive.  I hadn't finished flushing out kit yet, but my win rate in arena was pretty good and I was grinding.

In short; I had figured out the convluted arena situation.  I'm not complaining for me, I am complaining for the new players who are just going to get frustrated and go away.  

On more than one occasion I have heard people state it is a business.  Well yes, yes it is and as such they have certain obligations to the client and their shareholders.  Instead of trying to get more and more new players more effort should be made to keep those new players.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 10, 2022, 15:5201/10/22
12/30/20
kumacho

Better in that the game isn't so reliant on spending and is such a pain on casual and new players.  You can't expect new/casual players to be able to figure out the convoluted system for arena.  You can't expect somebody who works 5 days a week, 12-13 hours a day to enjoy spending their limited off time researching and finding a way to be competitive.

I was competitive.  I hadn't finished flushing out kit yet, but my win rate in arena was pretty good and I was grinding.

In short; I had figured out the convluted arena situation.  I'm not complaining for me, I am complaining for the new players who are just going to get frustrated and go away.  

On more than one occasion I have heard people state it is a business.  Well yes, yes it is and as such they have certain obligations to the client and their shareholders.  Instead of trying to get more and more new players more effort should be made to keep those new players.

Jan 11, 2022, 21:4101/11/22
11/06/19

the reason why many are complaining about the Rector Pull is simply because it was an Epic.

With Sacred Shards you are already Guaranteed to get an Epic anyway, so that seemed nothing "special".

Those who did not have Rector and wanted her, might have been happy and content but those who already had her or did not want her considered this an "unfair disadvantage" of some sort, remember they have her or dont want her so in their opinion this is like turning their Sacred Shard (which are not cheap by the way) and its "RNG potential" into a "guaranteed 4 Star Chicken".

People would not have complained if this was done with Ancient Shards!

I personally have no problems with this but then again, I am not a Whale who buys Shards for a lot of money.

Jan 11, 2022, 22:3101/11/22
Jan 11, 2022, 23:01(edited)
06/20/19

I'm not a whale either, I don't buy shards either, I didn't open any shards during this event.  This event didn't bother me in the least.

Seriously?  Garnateed epic, much less specific epic? For 4 ancient shards?  You right on that, no one would have a problem with that.  I agree entierely.

Jan 12, 2022, 20:5201/12/22
05/03/20

I have pulled no less than 5 rector on regular pulls (except the first which was during a 2x).