Dec 31, 2021, 15:0512/31/21
12/19/19

GEAR > CHAMPS

Facts.

Dec 31, 2021, 15:3112/31/21
Dec 31, 2021, 15:35(edited)
10/15/20
Scathach

Hm, perhaps you can bother reading the complete post?

If gear is the end of everything and champions not so important, hm, why did I 4key NM with 60% of the team undergeared, 40% not level 60 and 100% not mastered? I do better on clanboss with my team with total power of 122k than teams with power of 180 000plus (I 2key NM)...I 4keyed NM first time with 93k teampower....

I did not say gear is irrelevant, I did say gear is secondary to champions. I'd take a Serris in middling gear over a warmaiden in great gear any day. (as long as the end speed numbers are the same). my crap arena team has 83k power and is not a speed team and still manges to win against teams with 30% more power...Yes I have no hope of reaching gold with that team but I keep myself in Silver 3 - 4.

But sure gear trumps champs....

There are certain champs that are game changers (krisk, duchess, valk etc). Which is why luck is a big factor

But in arena i sometimes see low level (below level 70) whales with duchess, siphi etc...and i roll over them 9 times out of ten because they havent done the grinding, the gambling is how plarium make their money but it is still a grinding game.

On cb you can three / four key UNM without those game breaking champs or an unkillable, i used to run a 3/4 key unm using mostly epics and no unkillable. 

And to be honest clan boss is where i think people should focus on getting their shards from, not the shop.

If people want to spend cash, well thanks- without people spending there would be no game! but i cannot for the life of me understand people paying $15.00 for  a sacred shard etc... it seems to me far more logical to buy the ability to grind more instead.

Dec 31, 2021, 15:3112/31/21
06/28/21
Harbby

I read everything, and to a certain extent you have a point. You do need one of a handful of champions with certain skillsets. 

Please believe me, I am a massive whale and I have spent years on this game, champions are not everything. You can have all the s tier champions and if you don't have the gear and don't know which non meta champs are worth your time you won't make it very far. And 4 keying nm is a great step, but it's ridiculously easy to do with anyone. 

And please know this is coming from experience and I'm not just talking out of my ass just to put you down. I thought champions should be my priority which is why I have wasted so much money pulling champions when I should have been spending it on energy farming gear. 

You missed te point.

4keying NM is doable even with not a great roster as long as all are 60, mastered have 180 speed and are at least near the recommended hp/defence. it' also not doable with anyone as you still need a speicifc composition. I could not 4key NM without continous application of atk down and I had to wait for months to  get su ch a champ - Coffin Smasher. I started with Elhaine and it took me almost 5 months to get a poisoner. Without Nija as the login champ event I still would not be able to 4key NM after 6 months....while fulfilling the gear requirements....

On my second account I 4keyed NM with 3 level 60, no masteries and 3 of the 5 champs not fulfilling the recommended speed/hp/defense stats. That is not doable with any random roster.

Heck I 2key Nm now, no matter the affinty and 2 of my champs still don't fulfill the recommended hp/def stat and 1 is 30% too slow. and the other 10% too slow...

Gear matters. But great champs can get away with suboptimal gear and still pull above their weight. In my opinion, Champions are the foundation and everything builds on that. Champs are like the lands in MTG. Sure you can take the uncommon lands that you can't use when they come into play, but it will lose you games, because yo won't be able to cast the spell you need to cast. All the great gear aka spells in the world won't help you if you don't have the foundation - champions or lands in MTG,

Sure on my unlucky account I 4key NM and can progress to 3key NM. But no amount of gear will get me to 1-2key Nm with the team consisting of Deacon, Coffin smasher, Ninja, Banshee, Apo. While on the other hand I 2key NM with Sandlashed, Valk, Aox, Banshee and Ninja with suboptimal gear....Both accounts similar level of Grreat hall development.

Yes, gear cna help you out, to a certain point. At some point you need the right champs to progress further.

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 31, 2021, 15:5912/31/21
12/30/20
Trips

GEAR > CHAMPS

Facts.

on this we agree and more or less this isn't debatable. 

see: how a lot of people who aren't whales finish faction wars, for example. 

Dec 31, 2021, 16:1312/31/21
01/04/20
Scathach

You missed te point.

4keying NM is doable even with not a great roster as long as all are 60, mastered have 180 speed and are at least near the recommended hp/defence. it' also not doable with anyone as you still need a speicifc composition. I could not 4key NM without continous application of atk down and I had to wait for months to  get su ch a champ - Coffin Smasher. I started with Elhaine and it took me almost 5 months to get a poisoner. Without Nija as the login champ event I still would not be able to 4key NM after 6 months....while fulfilling the gear requirements....

On my second account I 4keyed NM with 3 level 60, no masteries and 3 of the 5 champs not fulfilling the recommended speed/hp/defense stats. That is not doable with any random roster.

Heck I 2key Nm now, no matter the affinty and 2 of my champs still don't fulfill the recommended hp/def stat and 1 is 30% too slow. and the other 10% too slow...

Gear matters. But great champs can get away with suboptimal gear and still pull above their weight. In my opinion, Champions are the foundation and everything builds on that. Champs are like the lands in MTG. Sure you can take the uncommon lands that you can't use when they come into play, but it will lose you games, because yo won't be able to cast the spell you need to cast. All the great gear aka spells in the world won't help you if you don't have the foundation - champions or lands in MTG,

Sure on my unlucky account I 4key NM and can progress to 3key NM. But no amount of gear will get me to 1-2key Nm with the team consisting of Deacon, Coffin smasher, Ninja, Banshee, Apo. While on the other hand I 2key NM with Sandlashed, Valk, Aox, Banshee and Ninja with suboptimal gear....Both accounts similar level of Grreat hall development.

Yes, gear cna help you out, to a certain point. At some point you need the right champs to progress further.

I think you're missing my point, but maybe I haven't stated it well enough. 4keying nm is not hard nor much of an accomplishment. Anyone can do that with bad champs or bad gear. I did it with both before I learned what I was doing. 2 keying nm isn't even that much of an accomplishment. They are both huge steps for an account but being able to do that isn't much of an argument or very good proof that champ > gear. 

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 31, 2021, 16:2512/31/21
12/30/20
dany77

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

i

account in which I invested more than 1 thousand euros, not Vlakirie, Krisk, Brogni, Roshcard the Tower and many other top heroes and you say not to be upset, those who do not know the reason do not criticize those who are upset 

A lot of people have tried to help you, and at this point if you don't know how good your roster is, I dunno what to say. 

I don't know if you want sympathy or to just feel bad for yourself because you haven't pulled extremely specific champions (which your amount spent does not entitle you to or make you even likely to do). Or maybe both, but it ain't healthy. 

Your account is more than strong enough championwise to go grind out and beat a bunch of higher level content in the game. So, go do that. 

Dec 31, 2021, 16:3712/31/21
04/22/21

Do they give us 2 champs on the 4th shard? Feels like they are taking away a roll of the dice for a Lego to me.

Dec 31, 2021, 16:5412/31/21
01/04/20
stoned

Do they give us 2 champs on the 4th shard? Feels like they are taking away a roll of the dice for a Lego to me.

I believe it's just a shard containing rector.

Dec 31, 2021, 18:5212/31/21
06/20/19
dthorne04

A lot of people have tried to help you, and at this point if you don't know how good your roster is, I dunno what to say. 

I don't know if you want sympathy or to just feel bad for yourself because you haven't pulled extremely specific champions (which your amount spent does not entitle you to or make you even likely to do). Or maybe both, but it ain't healthy. 

Your account is more than strong enough championwise to go grind out and beat a bunch of higher level content in the game. So, go do that. 

He doesn't want specific champs.  Reread the OP, he wants garanteed ALL champs after a set time period.  Totally rediculous!

Dec 31, 2021, 18:5312/31/21
06/20/19
stoned

You get Rector only on your 4th shard. You are correct there is no chance to pull a leggo on 4th shard.  Do don't do it.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 31, 2021, 19:5312/31/21
02/24/19
chris

You have a fantastic roster, you just need to build up a lot of the chars still.  you could beat all the dungeons with that roster, down unm cb, put up a very good g4 arena team, and get through a good chunk of dt and fw.  You even have the champs for a solid 3v3 setup, most of them just aren't built.

good chance you're never gonna pull Valkrie, Krisk, Brogni, or Roshcard the Tower.  make do with what you have.

His roster is pretty darn good. Really good. Lots of champs I would want.

That last sentence is spot on. Play with the champs you have.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 31, 2021, 19:5512/31/21
02/24/19
Angwil

He doesn't want specific champs.  Reread the OP, he wants garanteed ALL champs after a set time period.  Totally rediculous!

Wowzers! I didn't even catch that.

Dany, you've got GREAT CHAMPS. You keep coming on here saying you're quitting, then pulling more shards and posting how unhappy you are with the pulls.

I think it is time to rank up the amazing champs you have, and farm gear. You wouldn't need to ever open another shard to beat ALL the content in the game.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 31, 2021, 19:5712/31/21
02/24/19
harleQuinn

Wowzers! I didn't even catch that.

Dany, you've got GREAT CHAMPS. You keep coming on here saying you're quitting, then pulling more shards and posting how unhappy you are with the pulls.

I think it is time to rank up the amazing champs you have, and farm gear. You wouldn't need to ever open another shard to beat ALL the content in the game.

Dany, I think I might need to repost this with every new thread about your pulls:

You've got GREAT CHAMPS, many of whom I want. You keep coming on here saying you're quitting, then pulling more shards outside of events and posting how unhappy you are with the pulls. I think it is time to rank up the amazing champs you have, and farm gear. You wouldn't need to ever open another shard to beat ALL the content in the game.
dthorne04Moderator
Dec 31, 2021, 20:0012/31/21
12/30/20
harleQuinn

Dany, I think I might need to repost this with every new thread about your pulls:

You've got GREAT CHAMPS, many of whom I want. You keep coming on here saying you're quitting, then pulling more shards outside of events and posting how unhappy you are with the pulls. I think it is time to rank up the amazing champs you have, and farm gear. You wouldn't need to ever open another shard to beat ALL the content in the game.

over/under 50 times of reposting before it sinks in for him?

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 31, 2021, 20:1012/31/21
02/24/19
dthorne04

over/under 50 times of reposting before it sinks in for him?

Some people think the game would get better with THAT ONE CHAMP. They think the game is about cracking shards.

But it isn't. It is about grinding out Faction Wars for perception gear. It is about ranking up a solid team of 5 60s to endlessly farm Dragon, and to start pulling you through Doom Tower to collect rewards. It is about continuing to upgrade that gear and putting books into your champs so you can eventually 4 key NM, then 3 key, then 2 key.

Then it is about taking your extra resources from Doom Tower and Clan Boss and even the Missions, and using those resources to rank up a 6th champ and 7th. And then maybe you have an account powerful enough to get some of the epics from a fusion.

Somewhere in the middle of that you've run enough Dragon to get some double and triple rolls on speed gear and you toss it onto your free High Khatun that has been sitting on your account, or possibly that is on your main team of 5, and you start pushing Arena. Maybe that 6th champ is a dedicated arena nuker, like a Magnarr. Or maybe that 6th champ is a better CB champ than your starter, and your Kael or Athel can focus excusively on nuking.

Everything in this game is about incrimental improvements. Many times you have to go back to the drawing board and farm gear, or farm food, just to progress. SEVERAL people are on the forums right now complaining about their pulls and the game's difficulty, but they are not doing the basics. Of course the game is difficult when you don't do the main thing that improves your account. That main thing? Picking a solid core of champs, ranking them up to 60, gearing them as good as you can, and frighting through the content.

Eventually, with enough time, your core of champs expands from 5, to 10, to 20. And the shards and gems and books your initial 5 champs get you from DT and Clan Boss is how that happens.

Dec 31, 2021, 20:2012/31/21
12/19/19

Over

Dec 31, 2021, 20:2612/31/21
06/20/19
harleQuinn

Wrong!  You need to repost this with every single POST of his, not every single thread lol.

Dec 31, 2021, 20:3212/31/21
06/20/19
harleQuinn

Some people think the game would get better with THAT ONE CHAMP. They think the game is about cracking shards.

But it isn't. It is about grinding out Faction Wars for perception gear. It is about ranking up a solid team of 5 60s to endlessly farm Dragon, and to start pulling you through Doom Tower to collect rewards. It is about continuing to upgrade that gear and putting books into your champs so you can eventually 4 key NM, then 3 key, then 2 key.

Then it is about taking your extra resources from Doom Tower and Clan Boss and even the Missions, and using those resources to rank up a 6th champ and 7th. And then maybe you have an account powerful enough to get some of the epics from a fusion.

Somewhere in the middle of that you've run enough Dragon to get some double and triple rolls on speed gear and you toss it onto your free High Khatun that has been sitting on your account, or possibly that is on your main team of 5, and you start pushing Arena. Maybe that 6th champ is a dedicated arena nuker, like a Magnarr. Or maybe that 6th champ is a better CB champ than your starter, and your Kael or Athel can focus excusively on nuking.

Everything in this game is about incrimental improvements. Many times you have to go back to the drawing board and farm gear, or farm food, just to progress. SEVERAL people are on the forums right now complaining about their pulls and the game's difficulty, but they are not doing the basics. Of course the game is difficult when you don't do the main thing that improves your account. That main thing? Picking a solid core of champs, ranking them up to 60, gearing them as good as you can, and frighting through the content.

Eventually, with enough time, your core of champs expands from 5, to 10, to 20. And the shards and gems and books your initial 5 champs get you from DT and Clan Boss is how that happens.

Very good breakdown.  But to be fair I have had a few game changing champs.  Dutchess changed a lot for me for where I was.  And completing a bateater moved me from a 4 key brutal to a 2 key unm overnight.  But the truth is I always had the champs to succed.  I just suck at learning the champs and what they can do.  I should be worlds beyond where I am now given my roster.

Gearing, strategy, synergy, these are all among my weaknesses in this game.  Champs is not.

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 31, 2021, 20:5312/31/21
12/30/20
harleQuinn

just pin this somewhere and rinse and repeat when these types of posts come up. maybe only one out of a hundred will listen but that's good enough. 

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 31, 2021, 20:5912/31/21
02/24/19
dthorne04

just pin this somewhere and rinse and repeat when these types of posts come up. maybe only one out of a hundred will listen but that's good enough. 

Just repeat the same lecture over and over again? I'm good at that, given each new semester is rinse and repeat Biology and OChem.