All Categories

One more time Plarium shows why they are experts in screwing the f2p players.

Search
Nov 12, 2021, 08:2511/12/21
07/04/20

Did you think that the implementation of barrels would be in favor of players? Well if you indeed believed that you probably started the game yesterday. 

Till today Champion Chase tournament had a second legendary book in 5500 points. Big help for those that didn't have an Unkillable clan boss team to farm Ultra Nightmare clan boss(which is the case for 90% of f2p players).

FORGET IT!!! From now on 5500 points in Champion Chase will have the, totally useless for f2p players, barrel.

I have said it before and I will say it again. They manage to screw the players with every single update the last year. If someone from Guinnes book is watching this , I think they deserve a place in the book. It has to be some kind of world record. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 12, 2021, 08:3611/12/21
Dec 14, 2021, 00:14(edited)
01/04/20

Can you go into detail on how it would be useless for ftp? Considering it would save a ton of time, I would think f2p would be excited. 

Nov 12, 2021, 09:0011/12/21
04/02/19
Harbby

Can you go into detail on how it would be useless for ftp? Considering it would save a ton of time, I would think f2p would be excited. 

Do you seriously think that considering the basic premise of the game - get champs, get energy, get silver, grind, grind and grind that having such a huge shortcut such as barrels and feasts can be good for the game?

From what I understand with a feast and a barrel you can rank a champ to  rank 6 level 60, no grind, no energy, no 5  -  5 stars, no 4 -  4 stars no 3 -  3 stars, just two clicks - and that's just made a mockery of the game

Nov 12, 2021, 09:0111/12/21
07/04/20
Harbby

Barrel is nothing more than compressed xp brews. If you wanted to help us save time you would put permanent super raids in campaign. Claiming that removing a legendary book from the rewards  helps us save time is a total joke. With an auto clicker I can use as many xp brews as I want in just a few seconds. Of course that is why Plarium doesn't want auto clickers. They want to screw the rewards with garbage and claim they are doing it to help us save time. In the meantime , ask 100 f2p players that are still at Brutal or lower if they prefer a barrel or the lego book and 95 will answer the book in a heartbeat(the other 5 are probably Mandarins that don't know good English).

P.S. The worst is that guys like you claim that they are players.

Nov 12, 2021, 09:0711/12/21
09/14/20
SirPoopTheIII

Barrel is nothing more than compressed xp brews. If you wanted to help us save time you would put permanent super raids in campaign. Claiming that removing a legendary book from the rewards  helps us save time is a total joke. With an auto clicker I can use as many xp brews as I want in just a few seconds. Of course that is why Plarium doesn't want auto clickers. They want to screw the rewards with garbage and claim they are doing it to help us save time. In the meantime , ask 100 f2p players that are still at Brutal or lower if they prefer a barrel or the lego book and 95 will answer the book in a heartbeat(the other 5 are probably Mandarins that don't know good English).

I agree with your statement about the legendary book. 

I disagree with your statement listed after P.S.: You might not share the opinion of some mods ( I do not share their opinion on many occasions), but kind of attacking them here in the forum is really misdirected. They are nearly always present and offer help and advise. Your last statement is way out of line for me.

Nov 12, 2021, 09:0711/12/21
04/02/19
SirPoopTheIII

There is a huge difference between a barrel and a brew - if you have a rank 5 level one a barrell will take you to rank 5 level 50, how many brews ans silver would that cost?

Meanwhile a feast will take your rank 3 to rank 6 level one in one go, then a barrel will take you to rank 6 level 60 - and if you read the update log it said the first few will be in tournaments then Limited Special Offers - which means your CC - no mention of them continuing in tournament rewards or going in Clan Boss chests

Nov 12, 2021, 09:1411/12/21
09/14/20
Harbby

I disagree.

A reason for me to go to 5500 points in champion chase is to get a legendary book which is very hard to come by otherwise. 

Getting a barrel, which is essentially in the best case something like 80 xp brews is definitely not worth going for that higher number. 

Will a barrel save time? Yes, for sure

Do I need a barrel? No, I have about close to 1000 xp brews already which I could use for that.

Can I get the equivalent of a barrel thorugh grinding (=energy spent)? Yes...

Can I get the legendary book through grinding? No

So all in all it is a lose situation for every player...be it P2W or F2P....

The only thing a barrel does is adding more uncertaincies to CvC.

Nov 12, 2021, 09:1711/12/21
07/04/20
Matrim

I agree with your statement about the legendary book. 

I disagree with your statement listed after P.S.: You might not share the opinion of some mods ( I do not share their opinion on many occasions), but kind of attacking them here in the forum is really misdirected. They are nearly always present and offer help and advise. Your last statement is way out of line for me.

Well , your comment made me think. For a moment I thought I should indeed apologise. Then I thought a little more and realised that maybe I am not as wrong as I initially thought.

Moderators in these forums take plarium's side in almost everything even when it is clearly against the players. Plarium nerfs a champ , they will say "well done". Plarium will remove a lego book from the log in rewards , they will say "well done"! Plarium will remove a lego book from the rewards , they will say "well done" again!

I'm afraid their help in other matters is pointless if in critical matters they are clearly against us. Afterall , we have all the help we need. I have never needed the help of any moderator about anything. Whatever I wanted I could find as much help as I wanted. I have no idea when a moderator provided you a help that you couldn't anyway find in reddit, discord or clan chat.

Nov 12, 2021, 09:2011/12/21
Nov 12, 2021, 09:21(edited)
07/04/20
Matrim

I disagree.

A reason for me to go to 5500 points in champion chase is to get a legendary book which is very hard to come by otherwise. 

Getting a barrel, which is essentially in the best case something like 80 xp brews is definitely not worth going for that higher number. 

Will a barrel save time? Yes, for sure

Do I need a barrel? No, I have about close to 1000 xp brews already which I could use for that.

Can I get the equivalent of a barrel thorugh grinding (=energy spent)? Yes...

Can I get the legendary book through grinding? No

So all in all it is a lose situation for every player...be it P2W or F2P....

The only thing a barrel does is adding more uncertaincies to CvC.

It's not a lose situtation for p2w because p2w can buy all the lego books they need. Most of them have dozen of lego books sitting in the tavern. Barrel is more useful for them.

Nov 12, 2021, 09:4911/12/21
01/19/21

There's not a chance I would take a barrel over a book. I'd only be using it on 6* champs anyway, and by the time I get them to 6* and feel that I need them leveled, I just gear them up and put them on a dungeon team or use them as my campaign farmer (even if they are sometimes much slower than my regular one). A book is much harder to get than XP is.

Nov 12, 2021, 09:5111/12/21
Nov 12, 2021, 09:53(edited)
10/15/20
Harbby

You know and i know that ftp will almost never get to use the feasts (barrels are moderately useful)

Its the feasts that enhance the p2w aspects.

They might get one or two in promotions at first if plarium decides to be generous, then it will be whale only.

I noticed a feast was 1st prize in the champ chase tournament for example....30 mins after the event launched someone was on 9.5k in my group.

Its going to be a shop item to allow whales to bypass the grind.

Create the problem-> then sell the solution, it has actually made me chuckle.

Nov 12, 2021, 09:5811/12/21
10/15/20
SirPoopTheIII

I agree that this is an attempt to milk players of more cash instead of fix the real issues with clunky mechanics causing massive time sinks.

And i think its the feast that is the real 'buy your way to success' item.

But, harrby has been helpful a fair few times on here to be fair and im pretty sure he is a player like us.

Nov 12, 2021, 10:0811/12/21
06/20/19

@OP, I didn't see the knews that Champ Chase rewards will no longer include Leggo books.  Can you tell me where this news is?  Thanks! Yes, i have heard there will be new items, just not this specific.

Nov 12, 2021, 10:1611/12/21
09/14/20
Angwil

@OP, I didn't see the knews that Champ Chase rewards will no longer include Leggo books.  Can you tell me where this news is?  Thanks! Yes, i have heard there will be new items, just not this specific.

Champion Chase was always a leggo book at 5500 points. Now the big reward is a barrel...essentially a bunch of XP brews...

Nov 12, 2021, 10:5811/12/21
Nov 12, 2021, 11:06(edited)
02/13/21

Who are these FTP players that are gunning for 5500 champion chase points during a non-fusion event?

Edit: and are they in the room with us now?

Nov 12, 2021, 11:0211/12/21
04/02/19
Matrim

Champion Chase was always a leggo book at 5500 points. Now the big reward is a barrel...essentially a bunch of XP brews...

If it's not to benefit the whales - (the top prize in the chase is a feast, it's been on four hours? )  The leader in my group already has a mere 11230 points, I doubt a ftp can compete with that, and don't forget the bit you might have missed in the update notes - 

XP Barrels and Feasts will be available from Tournaments and Events soon, then from Limited special offers later on

Call me cynical, but I read that as a few will be available but after that they will only be available if you want to get your CC out and get their 'Limited Special Offer'

Nov 12, 2021, 11:2411/12/21
Nov 12, 2021, 11:35(edited)
06/04/21
Matrim

Thanks.  I had heard that the new rewards would be available soon, just hadn't heard that leggo books would no longer be in the lineup for champion chase.  TBH i really don't have time to keep up with event/tourny unless it's during a fusion I'm going for.

[EDIT] I have no idea how this post came from my alt f2p.  This is Angwil.

Nov 12, 2021, 12:0411/12/21
Nov 12, 2021, 12:04(edited)
01/02/20
Harbby

Saving a lot of time would be no annimation in tavern, button to fill with brews ext...but you know it bec it was what ppl asked, what bloggers asked...

The only reason why its not done - greed.

I am leaving the game....cant take it anymore

Every patch new cry on my face

Why greed??

Bec you cant sell button and canceled animation

But removing leg book and putting useless meat

Is way to make money....

If you think ppl are stupid and dont see this you are wrong

Its only a matter of time when game online will be 10 whales

Nov 12, 2021, 12:3511/12/21
07/04/20
Angwil

There is no news. Check the rewards of the Champion Chase tournament. There is no longer second lego book in 5500 points as it used to be.  

Nov 12, 2021, 12:4411/12/21
Nov 12, 2021, 12:45(edited)
07/04/20
RoseRoyal

Who are these FTP players that are gunning for 5500 champion chase points during a non-fusion event?

Edit: and are they in the room with us now?

Many ftp save their shards and wait for the 2x ancient shard evet to line up with the champion chase event(that means they pull shards once every 2-4 months). Many of them (me included) don't fuse Rhazin and they fuse repeatedly the epics from Rhazin's fusion(every epic fusion is 250 points). For example for this 2x event I have 7 Rhazin and 1 Relickeeper fusion ready which is an additional 2.000 points. That, along with the 2x event makes 5500  points a very reasonable goal and I always get it. In worst case senario , I might also use 2-3 sacreds meaning another 500-750 points (never needed to do that but I always have a couple sacreds for back up in case things go very wrong) .

Nov 12, 2021, 12:5611/12/21
Nov 12, 2021, 13:03(edited)
07/04/20
trevor.wilson

I agree that this is an attempt to milk players of more cash instead of fix the real issues with clunky mechanics causing massive time sinks.

And i think its the feast that is the real 'buy your way to success' item.

But, harrby has been helpful a fair few times on here to be fair and im pretty sure he is a player like us.

I don't know him and I don't doubt what you say. In this case though in  something that is clearly against the players he takes Plarium's side. Being helpful 2 dozen times(or more , put any number you like) doesn't give him the right to be unfair when he wants or when he likes and doesn't deny me the right to pinpoint his unfairness!

There is no chance a player to prefer barrel over lego book unless he is a whale or an endgame player that has  a couple hundred lego books sitting in the tavern. That is hardly 5% of the players. That guy that claims to be a player , completely ignores the other 95% plus every new player that will join. Am I suppose to say nothing about that because he has been helpful?

p.s. Sorry for my bad English , it is obviously not my mother language.