Beating Bommal & Dark Fae with F2P teams

Search
Comments
Sep 16, 2021, 18:5509/16/21
Sep 16, 2021, 18:57(edited)
01/04/20
harleQuinn

Several things.

First, no one in this thread works for Plarium, we are just showing you what worked for us. I built that team AFTER beating Bommal with a different one, paying silver to upgrade all fresh gear that wasn't "endgame" and I did it to try and help others with their attempts.

Second, building up Armiger can do nothing but make your account better, he is amazing in Ice Golem, and equally amazing with every spider, whether regular or doom tower. He's great anywhere you want to drop Turn Meter and he does that really well. So that's really good you decided to work on him.

Third, it is normal to have to spend time ranking food up to get a 6 star. At this point with the login rewards changes, you would only have a single extra 5 star chicken, and that is ONLY if you're over 270 days. Are you? Cause if so, you have the champs you need to beat Bommal 10, without really breaking a sweat. Just dump damage into him and kill him before his bombs go off. Bommal 90 is a different story, but Bommal 10 is no worries for a true midgame or endgame account.

Lastly, there's a lot of subsitutions you can make in Armiger's spot. Put any champ in there that hits single targets hard and can survive the waves. Some commonly used rares or login champs that can do that are Athel and Dark Athel, Coffin Smasher, Executioner (farmable), and Frozen Banshee, as well as any other starters you've pulled. If we don't limit ourselves just to starter or login champs, just use whatever damage dealing champs you're most fond of, especially ones that can CC down the waves with turn meter control, freezes or sleeps.

Here's the thing, I showed you one team with only Uncommon and Login Champs, but you get the benefit of using whichever epics or legendaries you've pulled. Just put in one that you like, and use it around the basic framework you see in my post.

Good Luck!

Quinn  is  by  far  one  of  the  most  intelligent   players/people  I've  met.  She can  somehow  turn  a  pile  of  garbage  ( like  my  account)  into  something  useful.  It's  amazing!  So  if  she  says  it  can  be  done  with  f2p  champs  that  I've  ignored,  I  believe  her.

Sep 16, 2021, 20:5809/16/21
01/15/21
Minin

DT is not a priority.

Just with all these post and vids about how easy this is or how easy that is, can be vert fustrating.

Like SK i saw the vids, they show 2 shields and rest turn meter and bam dead, I try the same thing on normal and 2 rounds in bam I am dead 😀

I really do not understand how people get so many CVC points either bah I am going way off topic.

Just ranting sorry.

I totally get it, i watched a vid yesterday about tower hard (which i am struggling with) and they were running krisk etc...and i thought 'who the hell has krisk' :)

I would not worry about doom tower for a while, i know for a long time my run used to end when i got to scarab king, and even now i run ridiculously cautious teams on SK that my clan mates find amusing because it takes so many turns

As for cvc im ftp and usually get about 100-150k points. I save my books for the tournament, i save all my forge materials and i save my arena points too. I get a reasonable amount of books from getting 4 chests a day which helps

Sep 17, 2021, 08:4709/17/21
10/10/20
harleQuinn

Several things.

First, no one in this thread works for Plarium, we are just showing you what worked for us. I built that team AFTER beating Bommal with a different one, paying silver to upgrade all fresh gear that wasn't "endgame" and I did it to try and help others with their attempts.

Second, building up Armiger can do nothing but make your account better, he is amazing in Ice Golem, and equally amazing with every spider, whether regular or doom tower. He's great anywhere you want to drop Turn Meter and he does that really well. So that's really good you decided to work on him.

Third, it is normal to have to spend time ranking food up to get a 6 star. At this point with the login rewards changes, you would only have a single extra 5 star chicken, and that is ONLY if you're over 270 days. Are you? Cause if so, you have the champs you need to beat Bommal 10, without really breaking a sweat. Just dump damage into him and kill him before his bombs go off. Bommal 90 is a different story, but Bommal 10 is no worries for a true midgame or endgame account.

Lastly, there's a lot of subsitutions you can make in Armiger's spot. Put any champ in there that hits single targets hard and can survive the waves. Some commonly used rares or login champs that can do that are Athel and Dark Athel, Coffin Smasher, Executioner (farmable), and Frozen Banshee, as well as any other starters you've pulled. If we don't limit ourselves just to starter or login champs, just use whatever damage dealing champs you're most fond of, especially ones that can CC down the waves with turn meter control, freezes or sleeps.

Here's the thing, I showed you one team with only Uncommon and Login Champs, but you get the benefit of using whichever epics or legendaries you've pulled. Just put in one that you like, and use it around the basic framework you see in my post.

Good Luck!

Hi harleQuinn,

First of all my apologies I was just ranting at Plarium - you are totally correct in that you are trying to help, and I appreciate that.  BTW I just used Armiger in Ice Golem - you were right he's awesome :) 

Secondly I have learnt a lesson, pay attention to harleQuinn, for she knows of what she speaks!

Thanks again, and sorry again.

Tilda. x

Sep 17, 2021, 13:2909/17/21
Sep 17, 2021, 14:00(edited)
01/31/21

on lvl 10 DM i use brute force - 100% auto

i

but lvl 50 is a big problem

Manual lvl10 works (auto doesnt) (all fully booked/skilled), armiger only fully booked, avg speed 195

they are turining into bloody jam on lvl50

i

Sep 17, 2021, 14:4709/17/21
09/29/16

Dark Fae 80 easy, not on auto

- High Khatun

- Scyl

- Ithos

- Jintoro

- Coldheart

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 17, 2021, 16:4909/17/21
02/24/19
Truetom

Dark Fae 80 easy, not on auto

- High Khatun

- Scyl

- Ithos

- Jintoro

- Coldheart

Any arena team really, plus a Crowd Control champ or even better, a good reviver.

Treat Dark Fae levels like an arena matchup and you'll do well. Turn Meter Boost, AoE Drop Defense, Nuke, Clean up, then heals/revive/crowd control with 5th champ. Then hit auto and watch your team smack up Dark Fae. :)

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 17, 2021, 16:5009/17/21
02/24/19
Tildaboo

Hi harleQuinn,

First of all my apologies I was just ranting at Plarium - you are totally correct in that you are trying to help, and I appreciate that.  BTW I just used Armiger in Ice Golem - you were right he's awesome :) 

Secondly I have learnt a lesson, pay attention to harleQuinn, for she knows of what she speaks!

Thanks again, and sorry again.

Tilda. x

You're welcome! I really hope it does help and that you make it past Bommal 10! :)

Sep 17, 2021, 23:5009/17/21
09/17/21
Harbby

One of my clan mates sent me their version of a "f2p friendly team."

i

Can you tell me what part of this is F2P friendly?

Or do you mean RNG friendly? 

Sep 18, 2021, 00:3409/18/21
Sep 18, 2021, 00:35(edited)
01/04/20
WhaleHelloThere

Can you tell me what part of this is F2P friendly?

Or do you mean RNG friendly? 

It's  a  joke,  it  is  clearly  not  f2p  friendly.

Sep 18, 2021, 01:4009/18/21
09/17/21
Harbby

It's  a  joke,  it  is  clearly  not  f2p  friendly.

Only mods can antagonize people on the forums. But when I make a post about drop rates for the 2x event its locked almost immedaitely. Got it. 

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 18, 2021, 03:2609/18/21
Sep 18, 2021, 03:28(edited)
02/24/19
WhaleHelloThere

Only mods can antagonize people on the forums. But when I make a post about drop rates for the 2x event its locked almost immedaitely. Got it. 

Hi there! That joke is Harbby acknowledging how hard it is to get past Bommal 50, and how the teams he and his clanmates used are not F2P friendly at all. He is making light of it.

Your other thread was locked simply because posting a thread about how Plarium is stealing from you by changing drop rates and lying to you about it is neither a joke nor light. And it goes against the rules on this forum and expecting it to remain open is silly.

Sep 18, 2021, 12:3309/18/21
02/17/20

StewGaming has a new video up showing it Bommel hard floor 50 being beaten by a Templar, farmable from the campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zjtz1-M44s&ab_channel=StewGaming

Your access to gear will differ but its worth watching the videos to see what everyone is coming up with. Personally I use Samar after he sat in the vault for ages while I threw my best champs in end game gear at the Dreadhorn and got nowhere.

Easy when you know how.

Sep 18, 2021, 19:5909/18/21
12/19/19

i

Deacon is mvp with alure. Others replaceable 

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 18, 2021, 21:1609/18/21
02/24/19
Trips

i

Deacon is mvp with alure. Others replaceable 

And on Hard too! Good job Trips! :D

Sep 22, 2021, 19:3709/22/21
Sep 22, 2021, 20:34(edited)
02/29/20
JoinME

I agree with you. But the problem is most of the players here are toxic. I will quote some of the things you mentioned

"Bosses are doable" -  yes I agree. But players are here thinks because it is called "doom tower NORMAL" it should have difficulty of campaign level. They do not want to accept that even it is in normal mode, it still need at least mid game quality gear. In my point of view when I say mid game gear, players should at least farm stage 20 dungeons for several months for at least 2-4 hours a day. Not just clear dragon 20 then tell themselves that they are already in mid game.

"Scarab king was easy" - to some, Scarab king is still never easy. They thought when they saw content creators build Vergis soloing the boss, they only think that he is "only" the key to clear this boss. 

"Patient" - this is why this community is toxic. They don't have patience. They think their 6 months+ old account that still looks like one month old should clear every normal doom tower stages just because they did it in previous rotation. When it comes to other content like arena, most of the players that still complains today still wants "much more easier" opponents without realizing that at some point there are players that are much better than them in their arena rank.

Wrong  -  been  playing  for  years  and  if  there's  anything  tmy  suspicion  that  the  Raid  team [is terrible] its  the  addition  of  Dark  Fae.  How [in the heck]  am  I  supposed  to  beat  my  own  team  with  a  boss  while  I'm  1  champion  down.  I've  tried  it  manual  with  a  mix  of  my  maxed  ouch  champs  and  had  absolutely  0  luck.  Not  happy  and  definitely  want  the devs to know about it

Edited  by  your friendly neighborhood moderator to clear out the swearing. We're here to help, see my post below.- Q

Sep 22, 2021, 19:4109/22/21
12/19/19
fordesman

Wrong  -  been  playing  for  years  and  if  there's  anything  tmy  suspicion  that  the  Raid  team [is terrible] its  the  addition  of  Dark  Fae.  How [in the heck]  am  I  supposed  to  beat  my  own  team  with  a  boss  while  I'm  1  champion  down.  I've  tried  it  manual  with  a  mix  of  my  maxed  ouch  champs  and  had  absolutely  0  luck.  Not  happy  and  definitely  want  the devs to know about it

Edited  by  your friendly neighborhood moderator to clear out the swearing. We're here to help, see my post below.- Q

Fae is probably easiest DT boss introduced, basic go first arena strategy plus decent TM control (amount depends on level u r stuck on).  If you have deacon armstrong, highly recommend using.

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 22, 2021, 20:3309/22/21
02/24/19
fordesman

Hi friend! You want to treat this like a speed arena match. Your fastest champ goes first, then the same champ for the mirror team, then your second fastest champ, then the second fastest mirror champ, and so on.

That can usually spell disaster, becuase some of your stuff is on cooldowns but the mirror team doesn't have that problem. Except you can make sure your whole team goes first before your mirror team gets a chance to go, and that's by making sure you have a speed lead in your aura slot, and making sure that champ is your fastest champ.

For example, High Khatun. She can go first for you, then Turn Meter boost your entire team, and your team can AoE decrease defense with someone like Warmaiden and then your Arena Nuker, like your starter champ, can nuke your mirror team. And this is all before the mirror team even gets to GO.

However, there's a catch. If your mirror team gets to cut, meaning all of your champs don't go first, you need to tighten up the gaps in your speeds until they do not get to cut in. Then you can just wipe the copies off the board and focus on downing Fae.

Sep 22, 2021, 20:4609/22/21
01/15/21
Trips

Fae is probably easiest DT boss introduced, basic go first arena strategy plus decent TM control (amount depends on level u r stuck on).  If you have deacon armstrong, highly recommend using.

I really regretted my fetish for swift parry on arena champs and had to change my set up

But this is spot on.

Sep 23, 2021, 00:1309/23/21
06/22/19
fordesman

If you have been playing for years, how many days do you play in a year? How many hours do you play in a day? How much energy do you spend farming for gear every day? These are significant too. Don't just say you are playing for years lol

If you can't defeat Dark Fae, I can guess either you bring wrong combination of champions or you just don't have the gears for it. 

Here is one team that I am trying to improve for floor 120 of hard. I have some of the basic champions which a player who is playing for "years" should already have. Hurndig is replaceable with any champion that can one shot your mirror copies. He is the fastest in my team with only around 230+ speed. With High Khatun lead, he will be over 250 speed, which is enough to have a turn before the boss. The idea here is to move first, kill all mirror copies then prevent the boss from getting a turn.

i

Mar 5, 2023, 01:1403/05/23
06/11/22
ChristianLife21

this game is HIGHLY geared toward $$$ spenders.  while FTP may be possible for lvl 10 and 40 on doom tower, lvl 50 is VERY difficult.  I still cant beat level 50.  i have  now tried mutliple hero's, multiple gear sets, and still cant kill him.

I have spent a little bit of money on this game, but will spend no more.  i spent the money to do the Raid Card to try to get more silver and xp.  the problem.  if you cant devote hours and hours to this game every day. the raid card is crap...

I have a few good champs, and many crap champs.  what's the difference?  gear, masteries.  While keeping in mind that not all hero's are created equal.  a GREAT hero is complete and utter garbage without gear and masteries.  So how to get gear?  farm.  how to get masteries, farm.  to get silver, farm.  farming takes time.

i have a full time job and a part time job.  Neither of my jobs are RAID.  i cant devote hours to this game everyday as it needs.  therefore i cannot advance.  therefore i will not spend money.  

but here is my beef....  doom tower on normal should not be near impossible.  doom tower, hard,  ok, make it harder. go for it.  i completed Normal last session and couldn't pass hard stage 6 with my current champs.

with all the negatives of this game, grinding for this grinding for that, grinding for grinding.  The lack of energy to do what is needed in this game. the slowness of the battles, even on 2x, the bad rewards and now the conflicts with doom tower,  i personally know several players that have quit this game because the devs take too long to listen to the community.

removing the daily login reward that people were happy with and replacing with stuff people are not happy with, causes several more friends of mine to quit this game.  Several more are on the fence with quiting over the new doom tower bosses.

so, while FTP may be possible, people dont want to spend all their silver, they've been saving up to build out a new hero, to re-build a current hero, only to find out that it wasn't enough to attain a victory.

MAKE GEAR REMOVAL FREE, THEN PEOPLE CAN TRY ALL THE GEAR SETS/COMBOS THEY WANT.  but to removing gear from a hero is WAY too expensive.

I'm a complainer too but this is a game designed to appeal to easy financial targets. If you struggle to keep your head above water, then this is not loikely going to be a satisying game for you. Plarium's efforts to squeeze more money than imaginable out of it isn't the only reason though. My laptop cost me $139 at the most popular supermarket website in the US. My internet is by way of a cheap prepaid cellular phone company and an app called PDANet. The laptop and phone sip electricity so it frees me up to do what you might not be thinking about. Farm gear while you sleep. Open your mind and the possibilities will come. I thought I'd never 3-key Nightmare Clan Boss and get the occasional Void Shard. I'm at day 255 of daily progression. I was in the dark about how much Tag Team Arena could improve my game. I don't do Classic Arena enough to max my Great Hall in a decent time frame. I'm a casual player who stopped giving Plarium any money after it occurred to me that I could have saved money by buying a power-hungry XBox and a few good games. I don't play for the instant gratification that this game is all about. I play because it's challenging. Maybe I could even say it's hard but I can't know until I've done my part. I do hate the game but I love it almost as much. It's like a half-decent step-parent that keeps me safe and healthy and my other parent super happy. Can't just quit on it if it's worth having.