All Categories

CLAN VS. CLAN Tournament - SUCCESS!

Search
Apr 15, 2021, 00:0204/15/21
05/13/19

For people who don't know, My Team was invited to take part in the CVC Invitational.

It was a Beta test which was giving out to the Top 1,700 Clans.

You can see the details below from the screenshot:

i

Today, I want to share with you the Joy & Sorrow of the CVC Invitational.

I think it has its good points.

I think it has its bad points.

Overall, I like Clan vs Clan.

I think it is a Success.

However, I think it might need some tweaking.

I want to say this is only my Opinion.

- Everyone has their own Opinoin.

- Everyone has their own Point of View.

- Feel Free to Agree or Disagree.

My team got matched up with a team called "Beer Seekers".

They are a group of alcoholic. 

They can barely stand up straight with out falling over.

Yet, They are absolutely destroying my team.

Those drunkards got mad skills!

Big props to them for being able to stay sober enough to click replay.

The below pictures are the current scores + points:

My team has 363k points roughly - The Beerseeker team has 1.146k points roughly

i

i

Since, you can see the above pictures, It is fitting for me to start with a few of the bad points.

If you look at the scores, You can see its fairly even in a lot of the places.

The problem is a few of the area's have massive differences.

The 2 Area's of the scores I want to draw your attention to is:

- Faction Wars

- Champion Objectives

My First Bad point is the scoring system for Faction Wars.

You get 2k points for doing Stage 21 Faction Crypt.

You get 500 points for doing Stage 16-20 Faction Crypt.

Why is there such a massive difference?

You get 4 times the points for doing Stage 21 vs. Stage 20.

A lot of the Stage 21 Crypts are not very Auto Friendly due to the AI playing them bad or the Bosses having weird mechanics which can cause problems on Auto.

I understand the game wants to have higher points for beating Stage 21 vs. Stage 20, but my question is why does the point difference have to be 4 times the amount?

Why can't beating Stage 21 gave people 1k points?

Stage 21 giving 1k points is still better vs. Stage 20 giving 500 points, but it wouldn't make you feel as if you was forced into doing Stage 21.

My Second Bad point is the Clan vs. Clan timing.

The game has a Fusion which is 2 weeks long.

The game has a Training Event for the Fusion on the 16th.

The game has made the Clan vs. Clan Event for the 13-14th.

My clan is in the most awkward position ever!

If we train heroes, we will get points for Champion Objective.

The problem is we will have nothing left for the Training Event Fusion on the 16th.

The situation becomes a very awkward choice.

We either go for Clan vs. Clan to get points.

or

We go for the Fusion to get points.

Either decision will render the other event a total bust.

Are Clan Leaders going to have control of when Clan Battles start?

Or will they always be controlled by the game?

I, personally, would have prefered having the option to do a Clan vs. Clan battle for my team on the 16th.

This way we could level & whale to our hearts content with out either event being a bust.

In addition, The 16th is near the weekend when a lot of my team is more active.

People in my clan have jobs.

People in my clan are busy on the 13-14th.

Its the middle of the week when everyone is busy.

How are we expected to have a chance to win when our team is at a huge disadvantage?

The Clan vs. Clan timing is all wrong.

You look at the team score 360k vs. 1.1mil

It is completely 1 sided, but it doesn't mean my team is bad.

My team isn't a slacker team.

We are Ranked 386 in the world.

We kill Ultra Nightmare & Nightmare Clan Boss every day.

The issue is we only have 2-3 hours to play on the 13th to 14th.

The enemy team could have 8-10 hours to play on the 13th to 14th due to it being there day off.

My Final Bad point is No Clan vs. Clan Arena Battles.

I am really sad we don't have Arena Battles against other Clans.

I want to get my revenge on them Beer Seekers by beating down there Arena teams!

When you are thinking about Clan vs. Clan, you are thinking about a battle.

It will be a vicious battle of wits and skill from both sides.

Clan vs. Clan needs Arena Battles!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now before I end my post here, I want to talk about a few good points.

I don't want to be completely negative.

The First Good point is the Activity of the Clan.

I think the introduction of Clan vs. Clan has sparked more conversation in the team.

We try to figure out the best approach to beat enemy Clan we are up against.

I feel it has really helped.

My team has been around for like 2 years.

There are only so many Dragon team talks we can have before the subject gets dull. lol

Clan vs. Clan allows an older team like mine to have more conversation starters.

The Second Good point is the Milestones of the Clan.

My team is losing in the battle vs. the Beer Seeker team.

It is a very one sided fight because of the timing in my opinion.

We could as a team decide to give up on this fight.

There is no shame in knowing when you are beat.

However, the milestone rewards give us a reason to keep fighting.

We might lose the fight to the Beer Seeker team, but we are gaining some rewards.

The think the milestones give teams & players a reason to keep trying.

I, personally, feel like the game should consider adding more lines to the Milestone.

The game has 6 tiers.

Each Tiers has 10 Milestone.

My team is on Tier 1

We have MIlestones I to Milestone X which is 1 to 10 bascially.

I think the game should consider doing 1 to 15 or 1 to 20.

It might not seem like a huge difference, but those Milestones help people.

A few of my teammates have felt demoralized by our Clan vs. Clan match.

They say it is completely one sided.

They think we are up against a Whale team.

They don't understand how we got matched up with this team.

There is a lot of negative emotion when you are not the winning side.

I try to encourage them by telling them we might not win the fight, but we can win a few rewards.

The Mile Stone Rewards are mini-victories when you are completely lost.

Yeah, that is what I wanted to say.

Thank you for your time.

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 15, 2021, 00:1204/15/21
09/19/20

Sadly my clan didnt even get in, we have 30 active players but i have no idea where we are in standings. Perhaps they should acutally let you see???? instead of just putting 1K>>>

Apr 15, 2021, 00:2104/15/21
12/19/19

J- 

I think your team is just bad.  Git Gud already! 

Apr 15, 2021, 00:5004/15/21
Apr 15, 2021, 00:51(edited)
06/22/19

Clan vs clan is successful in draining our resources.

Apr 15, 2021, 08:1604/15/21
09/29/20

It's a way to buy very cool shiny accessories. So yeah, a success.

Apr 15, 2021, 09:4304/15/21
12/27/20

aka Wallet vs Wallet.

Apr 15, 2021, 09:4704/15/21
01/31/21

CvC doesnt need arena battles, it need activity:

which clan will by more packs, first clan who buy all packs will get extra points

Apr 15, 2021, 09:5804/15/21
06/22/19

Here is the live video footage of one player fighting in clan vs clan tournament 😂

i

It is a success for Plarium 😂

Apr 15, 2021, 10:0504/15/21
Apr 15, 2021, 10:06(edited)
10/15/20

Each to their own

Personally i think it is a shame people are so easy to please - it is so blatantly an attempt to drain whales of their hoarded resources and then their wallets.

No imagination at all has gone into the challenge, they could have had real challenges that generate tactical discussions within the clan, but this is basically ....'give us your money' and they might as well have had a 'spend cash for points' option directly as an objective.

And because people will fall for it and give them their money for clan vs clan they wont make it any better, because why should they?

But, if you enjoy this, well each to their own and good luck to you.

Apr 15, 2021, 10:4604/15/21
10/15/20
JoinME

Here is the live video footage of one player fighting in clan vs clan tournament 😂

i

It is a success for Plarium 😂

By removing even the pretence of there being tactics or skill or ...anything other than dumping hundreds of books and then buying even more books with cash, they are making me even less inclined to log in

But- as a minnow i am not the target market, its just taken a while to realise that.

Apr 15, 2021, 11:2304/15/21
09/21/20

I'm getting some enjoyment from basically ignoring arena for now and doing other stuff but don't think that'll last  - barring a few very lucky pulls on my next round of shards that suddenly boost my interest I'm not sure I can be bothered with the default  'play dragon x hundred times and hopefully get kit' strategy 😀

Apr 15, 2021, 13:2404/15/21
08/09/20

Yeah, clan v clan is probably Plarium's third strike with me. Not in terms of quitting the game but in terms of spending money. 

First they got me to waste saved shards and gems to get Countess Lix, where I foolishly thought, there's no way it'll take opening 150 shards to get her. Joke was on me.

Then there's this awful fragment/fusion hybrid for the new leggo where you can't miss a single event and still get the character. And other than through shard pulls there is no way to get extra of the epics.

Now clan v clan which really is just a blatant money grab.

Evrything in this game now seems to be bloked with a pay wall. Everything is designed to make the rich richer and actively discourage casual players from playing.

It's a weird philosophy to have. 

Apr 15, 2021, 16:3404/15/21
12/19/19

Glad our clan missed the 1700 cut, no distractions from starting the fusion.  We look forward to battling in the future though.  But I agree, there is no actcual CvC involved... just a blatantly obvious money grab...lol.  No effort by Plarium at all to make it interesting in any way.

I give Plarium a 0 out of 10 rating on the implementation, and have yet to participate.  lmfao

@Player J 

Bening able to battle the other clan members in Arena (classic & tag) is a fabulous idea!

This alone, could move my rating from 0 to 10.  Sadly, I feel they would botch any implementation of this as well.  That, and it would be 2023 before we are likely to see anything like this at all.  The possibilities with this are endless though.

Apr 15, 2021, 16:4404/15/21
01/18/21

I also found it weird my clan with 30 active players isn't even in the top 1700... knowing where you are on those ladder would help

Apr 15, 2021, 16:4604/15/21
12/19/19
Jon Aegon

I also found it weird my clan with 30 active players isn't even in the top 1700... knowing where you are on those ladder would help

Our clan is 68M total power and we did not make the cut. Guessing somewhere between 80 and 100M currently.  Not that it matters anymore.

Apr 15, 2021, 16:4604/15/21
Apr 15, 2021, 16:47(edited)
10/15/20
Trips

Glad our clan missed the 1700 cut, no distractions from starting the fusion.  We look forward to battling in the future though.  But I agree, there is no actcual CvC involved... just a blatantly obvious money grab...lol.  No effort by Plarium at all to make it interesting in any way.

I give Plarium a 0 out of 10 rating on the implementation, and have yet to participate.  lmfao

@Player J 

Bening able to battle the other clan members in Arena (classic & tag) is a fabulous idea!

This alone, could move my rating from 0 to 10.  Sadly, I feel they would botch any implementation of this as well.  That, and it would be 2023 before we are likely to see anything like this at all.  The possibilities with this are endless though.

Its a good idea

They could done all sorts, for example they could have had clans compete for...fastest dragon runs, spider runs etc.. and maybe only let people represent the clan for 2 events, or as suggested use several players arena teams for tag team competitions

Or had restricted runs,- fastest spider run with only rares for instance, or -anything that encourages the clan to discuss who is going to do what and actually have some tactics or thought in it.

But the motivation wasnt to improve the game, it was to drain whales more, the points structure makes it clear where the priorities are.

Apr 15, 2021, 17:3104/15/21
05/13/19

Clan vs. Clan has ended.

The below picture is the Final Score:

i

My team didn't really whale.

The main reason we didn't whale is because of the awkward nature of the events.

The timing of everything was all wrong as I said before in my intro. 

We wanted to save our resources for the Fusion. 

We did save our resources for the Fusion.

We lost 1 Clan War, but if everything goes right for us we will get the Fusion.

The Clan War is a one time thing.

The Fusion will be on our accounts forever.

A few people on this thread said Clan vs. Clan is a Whale vs. Whale event.

I have a difference of opinion.

The game might want player to drain resources, but it doesn't mean players will drain resources.

The game can't force people to use their resources.

Players will decide what resources they will use or not use. 

Overall, I liked the event.

I think they need to make small changes to it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few people on this thread commented about the Fusion.

Here is my take on the fusion:

I like the Leggo - Underpriest Brogni.

I like a few of the Epics - Sacred Order hero, Banner Lord hero, & Shadowkin hero.

I don't know how I feel about the New Fusion style.

The Fragment Fusion with 1 Leggo is less grind intensive.

The Old Fusion with Rares - Epics - Legendary which have to be leveled up is very grind intensive.

The Fusion Set up we have currently is like a Hybrid of the 2.

I don't like the fact we can only get 1 copy of each of the Epics.

This means we have to decide to either keep the Epics or get Legendary.

I feel like they should of given us 2 ways to get each of the Epics.

This way we could keep 1 for ourselves + 1 to sacrfice for Leggo.

I don't know how I feel about this Fusion Style.

I see good points & I see bad points.

Apr 15, 2021, 19:0404/15/21
08/09/20

Here's somethng else about the clan v clan that makes no sense to me.

You just ran a beta on this system using the top 1900 clans and those clans got a bunch of resources to use IN GAME!

So top end players just got a bunch of premium rewards that the rest of us had zero access to.

Plarium? How does this make sense?

You are widening the divide between whales and the rest of your player base. You are literally telling every person who isn't in one of these 1900 clans that they should not spend money on the game because you are making it impossible for them to advance and become one of the top players.

Apr 15, 2021, 20:4204/15/21
01/31/21

Cannot wait for full CvC relase, i'm thrilled to se who wins (my caln 5 active members where 2 play more less daily 2 weekly and 15 dormant for weeks) again similar clan. I cannot waint to get those all jucy rewards for milestonest etc. We may even get thropy if  matching alhoritm will be with us :D.

AS we are proud F2P clan all members agreed (even 15 dormant members silncely argeed too) that we wont thougt out any scare resources we have (shard, books etc) we will win doing only standard daily rutines.

Apr 15, 2021, 20:4604/15/21
12/19/19
Chill_Dawg

Here's somethng else about the clan v clan that makes no sense to me.

You just ran a beta on this system using the top 1900 clans and those clans got a bunch of resources to use IN GAME!

So top end players just got a bunch of premium rewards that the rest of us had zero access to.

Plarium? How does this make sense?

You are widening the divide between whales and the rest of your player base. You are literally telling every person who isn't in one of these 1900 clans that they should not spend money on the game because you are making it impossible for them to advance and become one of the top players.

More than likely, more resources were wasted than gained.  Our clan missed the cut, but no big deal.  I am glad.  Just my opinioin, but the rewards seemed pretty small.

Apr 15, 2021, 21:0904/15/21
08/09/20
Trips

More than likely, more resources were wasted than gained.  Our clan missed the cut, but no big deal.  I am glad.  Just my opinioin, but the rewards seemed pretty small.

I'm thinking specifically about those jewelry pieces that give you the 25% to change a crit hit to a normal hit. 

IMO, that's just broken and only a limited number of players had a chance to get them.