All Categories

New F2P Players CAN NOT win in Arena

New F2P Players CAN NOT win in Arena

Search
Comments
Mar 31, 2021, 08:0603/31/21
03/30/19
trevor.wilson

The problem is that it is compulsary content.

That is why seperating pve and pvp (which is the case in every mmo i have ever played) is the answer, but i suspect it has been made compulsary in this case to ensure people actually participate.

You do realize arena is not an actual PvP mode, right?

You're just fighting AI controlled champs who you have the knowledge of BEFOREHAND.

You can choose to participate vs specific teams who you think you can beat, and those you avoid since they're most likely going to end up in a loss.

It's not real PvP like in MMOs where you are mostly facing actual players and have no knowledge of who you gonna face. Lol.

Why are you comparing the two?

Mar 31, 2021, 08:1103/31/21
10/15/20
(JR) RAMBO

You do realize arena is not an actual PvP mode, right?

You're just fighting AI controlled champs who you have the knowledge of BEFOREHAND.

You can choose to participate vs specific teams who you think you can beat, and those you avoid since they're most likely going to end up in a loss.

It's not real PvP like in MMOs where you are mostly facing actual players and have no knowledge of who you gonna face. Lol.

Why are you comparing the two?

Not really interested in arguing semantics, it is not live pvp but is still vs player teams so i would class it as pvp- you are entitled to think otherwise.

Mar 31, 2021, 08:1203/31/21
03/30/19
trevor.wilson

Not really interested in arguing semantics, it is not live pvp but is still vs player teams so i would class it as pvp- you are entitled to think otherwise.

No, it's definitely not player vs player. It's player vs AI built by player and you can pick and choose which AI you want to face.

Not only is Raid not a mmo, but the whole concept of MMO pvp and Raid pvp is so different it's silly to compare them.

Mar 31, 2021, 08:1503/31/21
Mar 31, 2021, 08:20(edited)
01/30/21

The begin of learning curve from a game don't must be on Youtube ^^. It's the last part, the finetuning when you want to maximize your knowledge or when you're blocked. So yes, i was on youtube when I could'nt go to B3.  To learn that it's to late 🙁

Why have you a problem that newbee play with newbee in Bronze tier ?

Conclusion : Arena suck for newbee, you're not a newbee, so it's fine for you 

Mar 31, 2021, 08:1903/31/21
03/30/19
cedcbt

The begin of learning curve from a game don't must be on Youtube ^^. It's the last part, the finetuning when you want to maximize your knowledge or when you're blocked. So yes, i was on youtube when I could'nt go to B3.  To learn that it's to late 🙁

Raid is a complex game and there are people with multiple years experience in it, who are willing to share their knowledge with you on youtube. Why wouldn't you take advantage of that?

I wish there was so many youtubers back when I started, maybe I wouldn't have made the dumb mistakes I did back then ..

Mar 31, 2021, 08:2103/31/21
01/30/21

Because i begin a game not on youtube, but on the game 😉

Mar 31, 2021, 08:2403/31/21
03/30/19
cedcbt

Because i begin a game not on youtube, but on the game 😉

So because you "begun the game on the game" why are you here complaining? 

Go back to your game as apparently using external sources is strictly forbidden to inform yourself.

🙂

Mar 31, 2021, 08:3703/31/21
Mar 31, 2021, 08:42(edited)
10/15/20
cedcbt

@airmaxx i disagree but i see no point in arguing further so will politely accept differing opinions

@cedcbt from a semi newbie to a newbie.....

I didnt even touch arena for a few weeks the first time i played, i focussed on building a team to farm equipment that i needed and that helped, you are right that it is rough for new players doing arena, and the matchmaking based on playerpower has flaws.

Not sure how many weeks in you are? but if determined to carry on playing- i would focus on a small core team (farm war maiden, get her faster than your start character, when you get hk get her as fast as you are able, just farm campaign early on as dragon is too random for early game) - and keep farming equipment for those chars and levelling them for a while, and resist the urge to have loads of characters that you dont intend to use on the account, keep the acccount lean. Oh farm spirithost too, and try to think about the order you want those characters to move in arena.

I think the absurd matchups people sometimes get are because of the way player power is factored into matchmaking. But with a small player power, a fast warmaiden with some accuracy for defence down, HK and some crit damage etc on your starter character i would think you can progress, im gonna try it on my new account and see how hard it is .

I totally agree that the experience for new players is frustrating however

Mar 31, 2021, 10:0203/31/21
01/30/21
(JR) RAMBO

So because you "begun the game on the game" why are you here complaining? 

Go back to your game as apparently using external sources is strictly forbidden to inform yourself.

🙂

Airmaxx

My last post, because probably my last day on this game (maybe, I continue to log  for collection champ ;) ). 

If your pleasure in a game, it's to spoil it before your play, great for you. I respect all type of player (not like you, probably)

But before i leave this forum, i would like a answer at my question, if it's possible 😎.

Why have you a such problem that newbees play with newbees in Bronze tier ?

Airmaxx, I wish you fun to follow day after day  the post 'Arena Suck' because, i'm thinking, that you 'll see a lot day after day 😁

Mar 31, 2021, 10:0403/31/21
09/02/19
(JR) RAMBO

What? 1*-3* champs? Are you kidding me? Takes 1 day to get past 1*-3* champs lol! And PVE isn't everyone's cup of tea but it's required for progressing in Arena after farming good sets and to acquire Arbiter. What's your point?

Stop crying, you're not entitled to Arbiter, who is FOR THE MOST PART a PVP champ if you don't like PvP lol. You have to put in effort as the game dictates.

Top level arena strats such as using a def down champ, speed buffer, and a nuker? Woow that's such a gigabrain top level arena strat I wonder how new players can grasp such complicated tactics.

These are all standards set by players and the game itself, you're not the one to tell "what should and shouldn't be in bronze". 

And PVE isn't everyone's cup of tea but it's required for progressing in Arena after farming good sets and to acquire Arbiter. What's your point?

my point should be clear. even if players don't like playing arena often, they will do so because great hall and arbiter missions are tied to it.

in the same way, many players complain about tag team arena but they play it anyway to get items in the bazaar, and finish advanced quests.

Mar 31, 2021, 10:0703/31/21
03/30/19
cedcbt

Airmaxx

My last post, because probably my last day on this game (maybe, I continue to log  for collection champ ;) ). 

If your pleasure in a game, it's to spoil it before your play, great for you. I respect all type of player (not like you, probably)

But before i leave this forum, i would like a answer at my question, if it's possible 😎.

Why have you a such problem that newbees play with newbees in Bronze tier ?

Airmaxx, I wish you fun to follow day after day  the post 'Arena Suck' because, i'm thinking, that you 'll see a lot day after day 😁

Because who defines what a "newbie" is? 

You're playing this game for 2+ months now, I'm sure if you faced a 1 week old player he'd think it's unfair, no?

Are you the same newbie as he is? What categories of "newbies" is there?

Are we gonna match players by the amount of months they have played? 

The nature of arena is that good teams will progress, bad ones will drop or stagnate. No matter what.

All you need is an access to a good team and work towards your arena goals to progress.

Mar 31, 2021, 10:1003/31/21
03/30/19
Jakomaru
And PVE isn't everyone's cup of tea but it's required for progressing in Arena after farming good sets and to acquire Arbiter. What's your point?

my point should be clear. even if players don't like playing arena often, they will do so because great hall and arbiter missions are tied to it.

in the same way, many players complain about tag team arena but they play it anyway to get items in the bazaar, and finish advanced quests.

Your point is unclear.

Because you don't like arena you want it changed? What about hundred of thousand of others who like playing arena and aren't here complaining?

What about those who don't like doing CB or farming same boring dungeons over and over for 50k energy only to see tiny improvements in their teams? 

Should faction wars be made easier for those who don't like building their teams for faction wars only? Hell Lydia is on par with Arbiter! And glyphs are way more game changing than pitiful great hall bonuses lol

Mar 31, 2021, 10:4703/31/21
09/02/19
(JR) RAMBO

Your point is unclear.

Because you don't like arena you want it changed? What about hundred of thousand of others who like playing arena and aren't here complaining?

What about those who don't like doing CB or farming same boring dungeons over and over for 50k energy only to see tiny improvements in their teams? 

Should faction wars be made easier for those who don't like building their teams for faction wars only? Hell Lydia is on par with Arbiter! And glyphs are way more game changing than pitiful great hall bonuses lol

my personal issue isn't exactly with arena itself, but the fact that there is no reasonable way to build great hall without a top end arena team. my point, as i stated, was that players will need to participate in arena for great hall and the arbiter missions regardless of whether they like it or not.

do you have proof that there are hundreds of thousands of players who like the arena system?

that's a false equivalence. dungeons and great hall are not progression stoppers. they have multiple difficulties and those difficulties do not change.

the difficulty of arena, on the other hand, will perpetually increase as all players become stronger in the game. also getting stuck in arena halts progression on great hall, arbiter missions, and reduced stat bonuses.

Should faction wars be made easier for those who don't like building their teams for faction wars only? Hell Lydia is on par with Arbiter!

also a false equivalence. it's extremely easy to attain glyphs. whether one can attain great hall bonuses depends on their efficiency with acquiring medals.

And glyphs are way more game changing than pitiful great hall bonuses lol

the max bonus stat per gylph is much lower than the max in great hall. even if you add them together on each gear, there are multiple factors that need to be accounted for. whether you can put a specific glyph on gear depends on the substats on the gear, and the star mark of the gear. the amount you get from each glyph depends on chance as well. also, you need to glyph the gear on each champion's gear you want the bonuses for.

great hall bonuses straight out buff every single champion's stats.

OracleCommunity Manager
Mar 31, 2021, 10:5003/31/21
03/02/21

Dear members of the discussion! Please, try to remain polite to each other. Also, please remember, that here we're discussing thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and problems but not their authors themselves. 

Meanwhile, I am grateful for such a productive discussion. Just, please, try to respectful to each other.

About points made regarding difficulties on the Arena - yes we read and communicate them to the game designers constantly. But the more specific information you may provide the easier it is to address your issues.

Mar 31, 2021, 10:5503/31/21
Mar 31, 2021, 10:56(edited)
03/30/19
Jakomaru

my personal issue isn't exactly with arena itself, but the fact that there is no reasonable way to build great hall without a top end arena team. my point, as i stated, was that players will need to participate in arena for great hall and the arbiter missions regardless of whether they like it or not.

do you have proof that there are hundreds of thousands of players who like the arena system?

that's a false equivalence. dungeons and great hall are not progression stoppers. they have multiple difficulties and those difficulties do not change.

the difficulty of arena, on the other hand, will perpetually increase as all players become stronger in the game. also getting stuck in arena halts progression on great hall, arbiter missions, and reduced stat bonuses.

Should faction wars be made easier for those who don't like building their teams for faction wars only? Hell Lydia is on par with Arbiter!

also a false equivalence. it's extremely easy to attain glyphs. whether one can attain great hall bonuses depends on their efficiency with acquiring medals.

And glyphs are way more game changing than pitiful great hall bonuses lol

the max bonus stat per gylph is much lower than the max in great hall. even if you add them together on each gear, there are multiple factors that need to be accounted for. whether you can put a specific glyph on gear depends on the substats on the gear, and the star mark of the gear. the amount you get from each glyph depends on chance as well. also, you need to glyph the gear on each champion's gear you want the bonuses for.

great hall bonuses straight out buff every single champion's stats.

>do you have proof that there are hundreds of thousands of players who like the arena system? 

The proof is the fact that you don't see hundred of thousand of players on here complaining.

Can you prove otherwise? 

>that's a false equivalence. dungeons and great hall are not progression stoppers. they have multiple difficulties and those difficulties do not change. 

Dungeon difficulties absolutely change, when I started the max difficulty was Stage 15, now they're looking to add Stage 25

>the difficulty of arena, on the other hand, will perpetually increase as all players become stronger in the game. also getting stuck in arena halts progression on great hall, arbiter missions, and reduced stat bonuses. 

Meanwhile it's been 2 years since the game came out and I can still get silver within the first week of playing on my alt, hmmm ... 

>also a false equivalence. it's extremely easy to attain glyphs. whether one can attain great hall bonuses depends on their efficiency with acquiring medals. 

It's not easy to attain high level glyphs, weather one can attain them depends on their efficiency with faction wars crypts. Level 1-2 glyphs are as easy to get as bronze medals and about as useful. 

>the max bonus stat per gylph is much lower than the max in great hall. even if you add them together on each gear, there are multiple factors that need to be accounted for. whether you can put a specific glyph on gear depends on the substats on the gear, and the star mark of the gear. the amount you get from each glyph depends on chance as well. also, you need to glyph the gear on each champion's gear you want the bonuses for. 

The max bonus stats per glyph is much lower, but only 3 are needed at 6* MAX stat for them to exceed any bonus provided by the great hall. The fact that there are multiple other factors you have to count when glyphing gear only works in favor of my argument. There are multiple other factors you have to count if you want to progress in Arena as well (a lot of the things you already listed here)

>great hall bonuses straight out buff every single champion's stats. 

Glyph bonuses straight out buff every single champion's stats too. Provided you can farm them.

Mar 31, 2021, 11:0703/31/21
10/06/20

Player power determines where you will be positioned in the Arena by the game engine and you should stop leveling up champions as that will increase your power.  I have used up some of my weak champs for leveling up heroes so I can finish Rhazin fusion and my power has come down to 958k from over 1 million. This has helped a little and I am hoping once I use all the champs for Rhazon i should go down to 900k and hopefully 800k and that should improve my chances.

Mar 31, 2021, 11:2303/31/21
09/02/19
(JR) RAMBO

>do you have proof that there are hundreds of thousands of players who like the arena system? 

The proof is the fact that you don't see hundred of thousand of players on here complaining.

Can you prove otherwise? 

>that's a false equivalence. dungeons and great hall are not progression stoppers. they have multiple difficulties and those difficulties do not change. 

Dungeon difficulties absolutely change, when I started the max difficulty was Stage 15, now they're looking to add Stage 25

>the difficulty of arena, on the other hand, will perpetually increase as all players become stronger in the game. also getting stuck in arena halts progression on great hall, arbiter missions, and reduced stat bonuses. 

Meanwhile it's been 2 years since the game came out and I can still get silver within the first week of playing on my alt, hmmm ... 

>also a false equivalence. it's extremely easy to attain glyphs. whether one can attain great hall bonuses depends on their efficiency with acquiring medals. 

It's not easy to attain high level glyphs, weather one can attain them depends on their efficiency with faction wars crypts. Level 1-2 glyphs are as easy to get as bronze medals and about as useful. 

>the max bonus stat per gylph is much lower than the max in great hall. even if you add them together on each gear, there are multiple factors that need to be accounted for. whether you can put a specific glyph on gear depends on the substats on the gear, and the star mark of the gear. the amount you get from each glyph depends on chance as well. also, you need to glyph the gear on each champion's gear you want the bonuses for. 

The max bonus stats per glyph is much lower, but only 3 are needed at 6* MAX stat for them to exceed any bonus provided by the great hall. The fact that there are multiple other factors you have to count when glyphing gear only works in favor of my argument. There are multiple other factors you have to count if you want to progress in Arena as well (a lot of the things you already listed here)

>great hall bonuses straight out buff every single champion's stats. 

Glyph bonuses straight out buff every single champion's stats too. Provided you can farm them.

Can you prove otherwise?

lol hundreds of thousands of players don't use the forums? do you think that everyone likes the price of $30 per legendary tome just because everyone isn't always making forum threads complaining about it?

at the current time, on the first page of the general discussion forums alone, there are 7 threads complaining about the state of arena. i guarantee there will be at least 3 complaint threads on each page. it's the most discussed topic on these forums and in the content creator community.

surely you could tell that's not what i meant? the difficulty of each dungeon stage will always remain the same (not including balancing changes).

regardless of how fast you can progress in arena, that doesn't prove what i said wrong. if you started playing this game when it released, none of the teams in the gold tiers would be as strong as the teams in bronze, because no one progressed that far in the game back then.

because players progressed in the game, we are seeing full teams of lvl 60s in bronze. because players will continue to progress, the teams in each arena tier will continue to grow stronger. that is completely different than how dungeon stages work. that's why i called it out as a false equivalence.

Level 1-2 glyphs are as easy to get as bronze medals and about as useful.

false. i still value and use lvl 1-2 glyphs today. on the other hand, even if i attain hundreds of bronze medals, they will do absolutely nothing for me.

The fact that there are multiple other factors you have to count when glyphing gear only works in favor of my argument. There are multiple other factors you have to count if you want to progress in Arena as well (a lot of the things you already listed here)

well fine. even if glyphs are more game changing, that doesn't change the fact that great hall bonuses are more difficult to acquire.

no, not in the context that i presented:

"you need to glyph the gear on each champion's gear you want the bonuses for.

great hall bonuses straight out buff every single champion's stats."

great hall bonus affects every single champion on the account. glyph on a gear only affects the champion that the gear is on.

Mar 31, 2021, 11:3803/31/21
03/30/19
Jakomaru
Can you prove otherwise?

lol hundreds of thousands of players don't use the forums? do you think that everyone likes the price of $30 per legendary tome just because everyone isn't always making forum threads complaining about it?

at the current time, on the first page of the general discussion forums alone, there are 7 threads complaining about the state of arena. i guarantee there will be at least 3 complaint threads on each page. it's the most discussed topic on these forums and in the content creator community.

surely you could tell that's not what i meant? the difficulty of each dungeon stage will always remain the same (not including balancing changes).

regardless of how fast you can progress in arena, that doesn't prove what i said wrong. if you started playing this game when it released, none of the teams in the gold tiers would be as strong as the teams in bronze, because no one progressed that far in the game back then.

because players progressed in the game, we are seeing full teams of lvl 60s in bronze. because players will continue to progress, the teams in each arena tier will continue to grow stronger. that is completely different than how dungeon stages work. that's why i called it out as a false equivalence.

Level 1-2 glyphs are as easy to get as bronze medals and about as useful.

false. i still value and use lvl 1-2 glyphs today. on the other hand, even if i attain hundreds of bronze medals, they will do absolutely nothing for me.

The fact that there are multiple other factors you have to count when glyphing gear only works in favor of my argument. There are multiple other factors you have to count if you want to progress in Arena as well (a lot of the things you already listed here)

well fine. even if glyphs are more game changing, that doesn't change the fact that great hall bonuses are more difficult to acquire.

no, not in the context that i presented:

"you need to glyph the gear on each champion's gear you want the bonuses for.

great hall bonuses straight out buff every single champion's stats."

great hall bonus affects every single champion on the account. glyph on a gear only affects the champion that the gear is on.

>lol hundreds of thousands of players don't use the forums? do you think that everyone likes the price of $30 per legendary tome just because everyone isn't always making forum threads complaining about it? 

Since legendary tomes are available in abundance for free not everyone is here complaining about them costing $30, if they costed $30 per book and that was the only way of obtaining them there would be literally hundred thousand players here complaining about it.

>at the current time, on the first page of the general discussion forums alone, there are 7 threads complaining about the state of arena. i guarantee there will be at least 3 complaint threads on each page. it's the most discussed topic on these forums and in the content creator community. 

The amount of threads spammed by casual players due to their lack of knowledge proves nothing. And the few content creators I follow are fine with the arena difficulty and have proven time and time again that climbing is easy (Murder Inc even going as far to climb to gold using ONLY two champs - not even a full team!)

>surely you could tell that's not what i meant? the difficulty of each dungeon stage will always remain the same (not including balancing changes). 

I don't know what you meant, because the difficulty of arena will always stay the same as the good players will improve and push up in rank, while the ones with bad teams will stagnate and thus remain at lower ranks.

>regardless of how fast you can progress in arena, that doesn't prove what i said wrong. if you started playing this game when it released, none of the teams in the gold tiers would be as strong as the teams in bronze, because no one progressed that far in the game back then. 

Are you saying there was no legendaries in bronze / silver back when I was progressing in arena? Cause you'd be wrong. Arena difficulty is pretty much the same. In fact, on my alt I achieved silver in 1 week while it took me almost a month when I first started due to my lack of knowledge. The difference is back then there wasn't so many content creators and websites dedicated to helping new players, these are all available right now and the amount of information out there is astonishing. 

>because players progressed in the game, we are seeing full teams of lvl 60s in bronze. because players will continue to progress, the teams in each arena tier will continue to grow stronger. that is completely different than how dungeon stages work. that's why i called it out as a false equivalence. 

Full teams of lv60s I beat on my alt with just two 60's in my team consistently. LV60 doesn't mean the teams are well built or anything. 

>false. i still value and use lvl 1-2 glyphs today. on the other hand, even if i attain hundreds of bronze medals, they will do absolutely nothing for me. 

Do you have great hall maxed out? Cause if not, bronze medals would still be doing something for you (as much as those lv1-2 glyphs are to be exact)

>well fine. even if glyphs are more game changing, that doesn't change the fact that great hall bonuses are more difficult to acquire. 

I got Gold 4 about 1 year and half before being able to farm every faction stage 20 on auto, how are they more difficult to acquire? You need 4 champs for arena vs almost a hundred for FW. 

>no, not in the context that i presented:

>"you need to glyph the gear on each champion's gear you want the bonuses for.

>great hall bonuses straight out buff every single champion's stats."

>great hall bonus affects every single champion on the account. glyph on a gear only affects the champion that the gear is on. 

Glyphs affect every single champion on the account you put them on. Do you need the great hall bonuses for your food champs? Or the ones you have stored in the vault? What point are you trying to make here ? I don't understand

Mar 31, 2021, 12:3403/31/21
Mar 31, 2021, 12:36(edited)
10/15/20

AirMaxxx, you wrote above "Are we gonna match players by the amount of months they have played?" 

Maybe that would be a good idea! Not for the whole arena, but for the start. While I had no problems to climb into silver when I got to the point where I could leave Bronze I, to go out of Bronze I was ha really hard job.

Maybe a "Arena Kindergarten" for players that are in the game for a maximum of 2 or 3 weeks, that comes before you are put into the actual Bronze I, would be a good idea.

On the other hand, complainers will complaine about the difficulty of Bronze even harder if they had some victories before.

Mar 31, 2021, 12:4303/31/21
10/15/20
Skadi

AirMaxxx, you wrote above "Are we gonna match players by the amount of months they have played?" 

Maybe that would be a good idea! Not for the whole arena, but for the start. While I had no problems to climb into silver when I got to the point where I could leave Bronze I, to go out of Bronze I was ha really hard job.

Maybe a "Arena Kindergarten" for players that are in the game for a maximum of 2 or 3 weeks, that comes before you are put into the actual Bronze I, would be a good idea.

On the other hand, complainers will complaine about the difficulty of Bronze even harder if they had some victories before.

Personally i would matchmake based on great hall development. Its a better measure of how much success people have had in arena than player power for sure.