All Categories

Shop Prices in Australia

Shop Prices in Australia

Search
Feb 25, 2021, 04:5502/25/21
06/29/17

Shop Prices in Australia

The prices of items in the shop for Australia are way too high for the average disposable income - Plarium is losing a lot of revenue as a result.

It looks like USD prices have simply been converted into AUD, which doesnt take into account changes in exchange rates or the differences in the economies.  Exchange rates have been close to 1:1 in the past, but the AUD has slipped, effectively increasing all prices. Also the Australian economy is vastly different from the US.  We have high taxation, no cheap labour from immigrants, no cheap manufacturing nations across the border - everything needs to be shipped in with high tarrifs and labour costs - all of which cuts into disposable income.

All games adjust prices to match local economies, as I noticed when in Thailand the prices on various games were about 90% cheaper.

The current prices dont offer value for Australian players, and while we might want to buy stuff - spending cannot be justified.  To assist in understanding, imagine if all the US prices were raised by 300% .. people would probably quit in disgust, and be angered at the ridiculous prices.  I think thats about where the prices are for the Australian player .. about 3X too high.

Perhaps the marketing dept explains away poor sales in Australia as "cultural" or something - thats not it .. nobody is going to pay $150 for a cup of regular coffee .. and they wont buy things that dont offer value.

I suggest trialing a 65% reduction in prices in Australia and assess the impact on revenue.  I predict a 100% initial spike, settling to a sustainable 50% increase.

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 25, 2021, 08:1102/25/21
04/14/20

Uh, yeah, the prices are way higher than reasonable everywhere... not just in Australia. :P But if you're comparing prices for the same thing in different countries, keep in mind that taxes may play a role as well as exchange rates. 

GreenKnightCommunity Manager
Feb 25, 2021, 13:1102/25/21
04/06/20

Hi

We set standardized prices for our packs, however, your stores (Google, Appstore) adjust these prices based on different factors - specifics of payment operations in your countries, your local currencies, current exchange rate etc. We cannot control this aspect.