All Categories

Question about (good/useful) heroes.

Search
Feb 25, 2021, 00:0402/25/21
01/21/21

Hey there, so I have been wondering, I am a relatively new player (a month) lvl 45 acc, and I have just few champs, happy to have at least a few epics lol, so since Im pretty unexperienced still and using my top 4-5 heroes pretty much everywhere (cb, dungeons, arena, campaign..). Wanted to ask if anyone would help me sort which champs are good for what if they are and how to gear them up etc. Would be very helpful!

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 25, 2021, 09:5702/25/21
04/14/20

Kael and Tayrel are still the priority, but other good champions include:

Luria and Gala as alternative arena nukers, especially when the affinity matchup is bad for Kael. Luria is usable in dungeons too, especially Ice Golem to have a shot at blocking the revive of the minions, although the randomness of her A1 complicates things. 

Soulbond Bowyer for FK/spider because of her turn meter depletion, as long as you don't get Coldheart or other superior options. Runic Warder is also worth considering for FK. 

Jinglehunter as alternative arena lead, although he's a bit trickier to use than HK, reducing the other team's turn meter rather than boosting yours, which means he needs accuracy as well as crit rate and still it can be resisted. 

Marked could be a solid dungeon/CB support, if you have enough rare books to spare to get a 3 turn cooldown on her A3. Painkeeper as well - and can be part of an unkillable CB team, if you ever pull a Maneater to go with her. 

Feb 26, 2021, 18:5302/26/21
11/10/20

Is  that  Gnarlhorn  in  there  i  see?  If  so  then  build  him  and  use  him  pretty  much  everywhere  as  a  "keep  yout  team  alive"  champ.  

Feb 27, 2021, 04:2402/27/21
08/09/20

I would also say, stop putting resources into Athel and Galek.

Feb 27, 2021, 05:1802/27/21
05/13/19

High Khatun is the best turn meter filling champion you own on your account.

Pain Keeper is the best healing champion you own on your account.

Hope is the best shielding champion you own on your account.

Senschal is the best crowd control champion you own on your account.

It goes with out saying, but all of those heroes can be helpful to you.

Another observations I made is you don't have a resurrection hero.

I don't see any hero on your account which can revive a dead ally.

It is bad to not have a reviving hero.

Another observation I have made is a lot of your heroes have a blue circle on them.

This means they are part of a Fusion.

You should consider putting them in your Vault so you don't feed them by mistake.

You definitely should be trying to do all of the Fusions.

Broad Maw is a Fusion which can do revive so he can be very helpful to you.

Especially when you have no Resurrection heroes.

Rhazin is a God.

You should fuse him as soon as possible.

Relic Keeper is needed for the Arbiter Missions.

I will need him to finish your mission quest so yeah.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I think your account seems Solid.

You seem to be doing a good job.

You still have a few things which you are missing.

You still have a few heroes which you still need to level up.

You still have a few heroes which you need to ascend.

However, It is a work in progress.

I think you just need more time.

I think you have plenty of heroes to keep you busying + Progressing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My recommendation is the following:

I would level up Tayrel as your next 6 star.

I would level up High Khatun as your next 5 star.

I would level up Seneschal as your next 4 star.

All Fully ascended as well.

Mar 5, 2021, 14:2503/05/21
01/21/21
Player J

High Khatun is the best turn meter filling champion you own on your account.

Pain Keeper is the best healing champion you own on your account.

Hope is the best shielding champion you own on your account.

Senschal is the best crowd control champion you own on your account.

It goes with out saying, but all of those heroes can be helpful to you.

Another observations I made is you don't have a resurrection hero.

I don't see any hero on your account which can revive a dead ally.

It is bad to not have a reviving hero.

Another observation I have made is a lot of your heroes have a blue circle on them.

This means they are part of a Fusion.

You should consider putting them in your Vault so you don't feed them by mistake.

You definitely should be trying to do all of the Fusions.

Broad Maw is a Fusion which can do revive so he can be very helpful to you.

Especially when you have no Resurrection heroes.

Rhazin is a God.

You should fuse him as soon as possible.

Relic Keeper is needed for the Arbiter Missions.

I will need him to finish your mission quest so yeah.

Overall, I think your account seems Solid.

You seem to be doing a good job.

You still have a few things which you are missing.

You still have a few heroes which you still need to level up.

You still have a few heroes which you need to ascend.

However, It is a work in progress.

I think you just need more time.

I think you have plenty of heroes to keep you busying + Progressing.

My recommendation is the following:

I would level up Tayrel as your next 6 star.

I would level up High Khatun as your next 5 star.

I would level up Seneschal as your next 4 star.

All Fully ascended as well.

Damn, thank you a lot tho, even tho it is almost fully F2P acc,  it doesnt feel like im doing that much of a bad job doing what i should, recently i opened reliquary tender so she can ressurect (finally some champ that can do that) but i seem to be having trouble replacing some of my heroes, like for example, in campaign i dont know which heroes to replace (running Tayrel, Athel, Valla and Kael) and in Arena im going with Kael, Tayrel, High Khatun and Valla. And in dungeons i run the same build as in Campaign with 5th champ as Reliquary Tender. Tayrel is definitely going to be next 6 star (with a lot of work in head of me), High Khatun is already 5 star now, and Seneschal is slowly getting there. I havent put much great effort into fusing champions since i heard Broad maw and Relic Keeper are not so good champs overall and didnt hear anything bout Rhazin. Also even tho i know some of those champions i own are pretty good with some comps or good overall in some form (crowd control, shielding, etc.) i dont really know how to build them or where to put them so it will work fine. 

If you would have some good tips (even tho you wrote a lot and im thankful for that) i would really appreciate it! :)

Thanks again 

Mar 5, 2021, 14:2603/05/21
01/21/21
Chill_Dawg

I would also say, stop putting resources into Athel and Galek.

Is athel bad as midgame/endgame? I mean, i already see that some of my champs are already standing above here in usefullness, i dont know where or when to replace her correctly since i put a lot of effort to building her as she is now and she is still one of my highest Power ranking hero in my list.

Mar 5, 2021, 14:2803/05/21
01/21/21
tsdpool

Is  that  Gnarlhorn  in  there  i  see?  If  so  then  build  him  and  use  him  pretty  much  everywhere  as  a  "keep  yout  team  alive"  champ.  

Unfortunetly i made a big mistake using him as food xd Because as F2P new player, he didnt seem quite good for me even it was one of my first champions. I regret that decision now when I know what he is capable of. But i used him a food for Graybeard (he is the one you thought is Gnarlhorn). 

Mar 5, 2021, 15:5403/05/21
07/08/19
JKenny

Is athel bad as midgame/endgame? I mean, i already see that some of my champs are already standing above here in usefullness, i dont know where or when to replace her correctly since i put a lot of effort to building her as she is now and she is still one of my highest Power ranking hero in my list.

she's not bad per se, she's just not great. she also has a lot of overlap with kael, so raising her to 6 stars will be redundant at times because they fill similar roles. it's less that she's not worth bringing to 6 stars and more that right now you have better options and by the time you have them levelled, you'll have pulled several more champions that are a higher priorety, and by the time you have them levelled... you get the idea.

Also, champion power is almost entirely useless and you shouldn't base your decisions around it.

Mar 5, 2021, 16:2303/05/21
10/15/20
JKenny

Athel is a great champ in midgame. Unless you use another champ in your team that gives atk-buff, Athel is by far the hardest AoE-hitter of the 4 starter champs - and probably in your account, if the picture from your roster is still actual. In addition to that she offers a weaken debuff and a 3-hit-A1 for Fireknight.

In endgame you will not use her anymore. Of course that depends on your definition, what early-, mid-, and endgame is, but if endgame is stuff like lvl 20 dungeons on auto, gold or platinum arena, Doom Tower hard... that is not Athel's job anymore.

A lot of people say "don't waste your resources on champs you're not using in endgame", but I think that logic is broken. You have to run Dragon 14 (or whatever the first stage is, where you can get 6* items) and Spider 1x and Faction War 10 and stuff like this before you can go to endgame content. You need champs that do that runs for you. You have to earn medals in bronze and silver arena to increase your great hall before you are able to survive the endgame content. You need champs that earn that medals for you.

Of course you should not level any trash champs to 60, but if you have one or two that carry your team through mid dungeons or work in the arena for now, you won't regret on the long run. The people only see the chickens you "wasted" to make a champ like Athel lvl 60, but they don't see the thousands of arena medals she won and the 5* epic artifacts she grinded in dungeons, so that your endgame champs can start on a higher level when you get them from a shard.

Mar 5, 2021, 16:3303/05/21
12/19/19

leveling 2 staters to 60 is a mistake regardless of who they are... Tayrel to 60 is the obvious next move

Mar 5, 2021, 16:4403/05/21
10/15/20

Tayrel should definetly be the next lvl 60 and probably Painkeeper after that.

But when this is done and the thread opener did not pull a decent arena nuker till that point, I would make Athel lvl 60. Kael is the best poisoner I see. JKenny will probably use Kael at CB and put him in lifesteal gear for that job. Kael will need accuracy to land his poisons. He will not do a good job in the arena with that kind of gear.

Mar 5, 2021, 19:2203/05/21
Mar 5, 2021, 19:27(edited)
01/21/21
Skadi

Athel is a great champ in midgame. Unless you use another champ in your team that gives atk-buff, Athel is by far the hardest AoE-hitter of the 4 starter champs - and probably in your account, if the picture from your roster is still actual. In addition to that she offers a weaken debuff and a 3-hit-A1 for Fireknight.

In endgame you will not use her anymore. Of course that depends on your definition, what early-, mid-, and endgame is, but if endgame is stuff like lvl 20 dungeons on auto, gold or platinum arena, Doom Tower hard... that is not Athel's job anymore.

A lot of people say "don't waste your resources on champs you're not using in endgame", but I think that logic is broken. You have to run Dragon 14 (or whatever the first stage is, where you can get 6* items) and Spider 1x and Faction War 10 and stuff like this before you can go to endgame content. You need champs that do that runs for you. You have to earn medals in bronze and silver arena to increase your great hall before you are able to survive the endgame content. You need champs that earn that medals for you.

Of course you should not level any trash champs to 60, but if you have one or two that carry your team through mid dungeons or work in the arena for now, you won't regret on the long run. The people only see the chickens you "wasted" to make a champ like Athel lvl 60, but they don't see the thousands of arena medals she won and the 5* epic artifacts she grinded in dungeons, so that your endgame champs can start on a higher level when you get them from a shard.

atm I have this roster of champs aviable. Some upgrades, some new ones. Also my heaviest nuker is Kael right now. (Biggest upgrades are probably getting reliquary tender and upping her to 4 star + ascending her and upping khatun to 5* and ascending her)

i

Mar 6, 2021, 13:3303/06/21
11/10/20

Soulbound  Bowyer  is  a  far  better  nuker  than  Athel,  if  you  build  one  of  the  two  then  it  should  be  Soulbound.  in  fact  you  should  probably  build  her  at  some  point  anyway.  

Tayrel  has  gotta  be  your  first  choice

maybe  frozen  banshee  next  for  your  clan  boss  team.  Armiger  is  just  a  great  champ,  i've  got  a  few  leggos  but  i  still  find  armiger  getting  into  my  teams.  

Mar 6, 2021, 16:2803/06/21
05/13/19

Starting from Scratch.

You posted your new Roster - Here is what I think

Kael is level 60.

I would expect Kael at level 60 to farm Brutal 12-3 very easy.

This means your Campaign Farmer is done.

1st Phase of your game is over - You got a Campagin Farmer.

You can level up hero's faster + gain silver faster.

The 2nd Phase of your game will now begin.

Phase 2 =  Clan Boss team.

The reason I like to focus on a Clan Boss team second is because the champion's used for Clan Boss will make up the back bone for all other teams you build.

Most heroes who are good for CB are good for other things such as Dungeons, Arena, or Tag Arena.

Your first beginning Clan Boss team will need specific skill.

You are going to want to search your heroes for champions which may do the right skills in Clan Boss.

I have created a list which can show you the different skills I look for in Clan Boss.

Critical Skills for Clan Boss:

1. Decrease Attack

2. Decrease Defense

3. Weaken

4. Poison / HP Burn

5. Team Turn Meter Filling / Team Counter Attack

Bonus Skills for Clan Boss:

6. Healer / Leech

7. Shielder

8. Debuff Extender

9. Increase Defense

10. Cleanse / Block Debuffs

11. Ally Protection

These are 11 Skills people search for when building a starting Clan Boss team.

The goal would be to use 5 heroes which could do all of the above skills.

You would want champions which could do multiple steps.

Going back to your Roster/Situtaion.

You own Tayrel.

Tayrel A1 move does Decrease Attack ----------------> Step 1

Tayrel A2 move does Decrease Defense --------------> Step 2

You can see how Tayrel is 1 hero, but he is doing multiple steps.

We move to Step 3 - Weaken.

The only champion I saw on your roster which can do Weaken is Athel.

The problem is I agree with Trips.

Level 2 starters to 60 is a mistake - Doesn't matter.

You shouldn't do it.

They will be replaced.

Even if you was to use Athel, The Weaken Athel provides is not 100% chance to land.

You would only use her for temporary to replace her with someone better.

It's not worth it given your situation.

Step 3 - Weaken - You lack options.

The only option you have is Athel who is undesireable.

You are going to have to skip this step till something better comes from a Shard.

Step 4 - Poison

Kael is going to be the man for the Job.

Kael is level 60.

Kael is the most built up hero on your whole account.

You have to use him.

However, He will be replaced down the road.

Frozen Banshee makes Kael look like trash.

DON'T GET CONFUSED WITH WHAT I AM TELLING YOU!

Your whole team is level 50 except 1 hero who is level 60 (Kael)

If you build up Frozen Banshee, right now, She will replace your only 60 hero.

Than the rest of the team will still be level 50 which is stupid.

You want the Whole Team level 60.

Than you go back to Improve the team!

"Frozen Banshee" is an Improvement hero.

The reason I am telling you this is so you are aware!

Don't use Frozen Banshee as a Chicken!

Step 5 - Turn Meter Filling / Counter Attack.

Your only Turn Meter Filling heroes are High Khatun & Diabolist.

You don't have any Counter Attack heroes.

High Khatun will be the option.

You would want to go with her in this situation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have gone through the first 5 Critical Skills for Clan Boss.

Your team so far is the following:

- Tayrel

- Kael

- High Khatun

We have 2 more slots which need to be filled for a Clan Boss Team.

We will search for those 2 remaining heroes by going through the Bonus Skills for Clan Boss.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 6 - Healer / Leech

The reason people run a Healer or a Leech hero is so they don't have to use Lifesteal on all hero's.

It can be hard fighting Lifesteal gear for 5 different heroes.

This is why people sometimes try to use a Healer or a Leech champion.

Based on your Screenshot, It seems to me like you have your champions in Lifesteal gear.

All I can see is Tayrel in Lifesteal gear, but it seems like you have been farming for the gear.

Good Job!

This step is unnecessary for you.

You can skip this step for sure.

Step 7 - Shielder

You own Hope & Mother Superior.

They both can do Shields.

Hope does shields far better vs. Mother Superior.

You would want to use Hope on your team.

Step 8 - Debuff Extension

You don't have any!

The Shards must really hate you!

We have to skip this step.

Step 9 - Increase Defense

You own Marked.

Marked is a Rare Barbarian.

You have leveled your Marked to level 2.

In addition, Marked provides Block Debuff Buff.

It is another good move.

Block Debuff Buff is Step 10.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on the above break down, We have found your Clan Boss team.

Your Clan Boss team should be the following:

- Tayrel

- Kael

- High Khatun

- Hope

- Marked

You have your team!

Nothing esle matters.

Everything I have said to you previous has gone out the window.

You need these 5 heroes maxed out.

- You want them level 60.

- You want them Fully Ascended.

- You want them Fully Mastered.

- You want them Fully Skilled Up. 

- You want them in Lifesteal Gear. 

Put all other heroes you own in the Vault. 

All the other heroes are distractions.

All the other heroes are on hold.

These 5 heroes are your whole Universe!

You need to concentrate your efforts into these heroes.

A Step by Step break down of the 11 different skills you want in Clan Bos.

This team which was created from that process can do 7 skills.

It can do 7 skills out of 11.

It's really good!

We are talking about Clan Boss - Nightmare Mode.

7 out of 11 - The Potiental this team has is huge.

It's kind of disgusting considering you are fairly new.

I was talking smack about you having Bad Shard Pulls.

You don't have a Legendary on your account.

Than all of a sudden your account manages to walk away with a 7 out of 11 team.

Congradulations!

Mar 6, 2021, 17:2403/06/21
11/10/20

I  would  think  twice  before  throwing  books  into  hope,  she's  not  that  great  and  can  still  do  work  for  you  in  clan  boss  unbooked.  You  will  replace  her  and  toward  end  game  i  doubt  you'd  even  use  her  in  faction  wars.  

Mar 6, 2021, 19:4503/06/21
01/21/21
Player J

Starting from Scratch.

Kael is level 60.

The reason I like to focus on a Clan Boss team second is because the champion's used for Clan Boss will make up the back bone for all other teams you build.

Most heroes who are good for CB are good for other things such as Dungeons, Arena, or Tag Arena.

You are going to want to search your heroes for champions which may do the right skills in Clan Boss.

I have created a list which can show you the different skills I look for in Clan Boss.

1. Decrease Attack

2. Decrease Defense

3. Weaken

4. Poison / HP Burn

6. Healer / Leech

7. Shielder

8. Debuff Extender

9. Increase Defense

11. Ally Protection

You own Tayrel.

You shouldn't do it.

They will be replaced.

Even if you was to use Athel, The Weaken Athel provides is not 100% chance to land.

You are going to have to skip this step till something better comes from a Shard.

Step 4 - Poison

Kael is level 60.

You have to use him.

- Tayrel

- Kael

- High Khatun

We will search for those 2 remaining heroes by going through the Bonus Skills for Clan Boss.

Step 6 - Healer / Leech

The reason people run a Healer or a Leech hero is so they don't have to use Lifesteal on all hero's.

Based on your Screenshot, It seems to me like you have your champions in Lifesteal gear.

All I can see is Tayrel in Lifesteal gear, but it seems like you have been farming for the gear.

Good Job!

Step 7 - Shielder

You don't have any!

You own Marked.

It is another good move.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Tayrel

- Kael

- High Khatun

- Hope

- Marked

You have your team!

Nothing esle matters.

It's really good!

Congradulations!

Wow, really a big thank you mate! I didnt expect something as useful as this at all:D If I may have a question, is Reliquary Tender not that good for CB? Since she is one of my  only healing/ress heroes. My current CB team is my top champs (obv, since i didnt have idea how to build CB team) and those are Kael, Reliquary T., Athel, Valla and Tayrel. 

Also I had luck with shards with some decent midgame(?) heroes. But I still didnt get any Legendary nor multiple good epics. But even tho im a bit surprised I didnt get only trash. Never got legendary from already multiple sacred/void/ancient shards.

Will definitely go with your tips for CB, thank you, at least i have some other goal than finally getting that Silver I arena. (Which im also having trouble to get)

Mar 10, 2021, 14:1603/10/21
01/21/21
tsdpool

I  would  think  twice  before  throwing  books  into  hope,  she's  not  that  great  and  can  still  do  work  for  you  in  clan  boss  unbooked.  You  will  replace  her  and  toward  end  game  i  doubt  you'd  even  use  her  in  faction  wars.  

Should I 5* first Reliquary Tender or Hope? I know I was told to max up Hope first, but im not sure if Reliquary Tender isnt better in other ways.

Mar 10, 2021, 14:1703/10/21
01/21/21
Player J

Starting from Scratch.

Kael is level 60.

1. Decrease Attack

2. Decrease Defense

3. Weaken

4. Poison / HP Burn

6. Healer / Leech

7. Shielder

8. Debuff Extender

9. Increase Defense

11. Ally Protection

You own Tayrel.

You shouldn't do it.

They will be replaced.

Step 4 - Poison

Kael is level 60.

You have to use him.

- Tayrel

- Kael

- High Khatun

Step 6 - Healer / Leech

Good Job!

Step 7 - Shielder

You don't have any!

You own Marked.

It is another good move.

- Tayrel

- Kael

- High Khatun

- Hope

- Marked

You have your team!

Nothing esle matters.

It's really good!

Congradulations!

Should I 5* first Reliquary Tender or Hope? I know I was told to max up Hope first, but im not sure if Reliquary Tender isnt better in other ways. 

Mar 10, 2021, 15:2303/10/21
11/10/20

Reliquary  Tender  has  more  overall  usfulness  in  terms  of  all  areas  of  the  game  and  can  be  used  in  stage  20  dungeons  and  late  doom  tower.  Hope  may  well  help  out  in  clan  boss  but  for  progression  choose  the  Tender  and  if  you  end  up  putting  her  in  the  vault  because  you  got  someone  better  she  will  have  cost  you  little  in  terms  of  resources.  

Mar 15, 2021, 18:4603/15/21
05/13/19
JKenny

I was ban from the forums for a week due to some error.

I was unable to respond to your message.

Reliquary Tender & Hope are both good champion's.

Reliquary Tender does Cleasning + Revive.

Hope does Shields + Enemy Buff Removal.

The reason I told you to do Hope first is because you have no hero doing shields.

You can benefit from the shields for extra survival.

It can be very helpful in Clan Boss.

Just because I said to upgrade Hope first doesn't mean you should abandon R.Tender.

Players told you to say all your remaining heroes in vault for later.

R.Tender will be helpful in the Dragon Dungeon. 

You wasn't working on the Dragon Dungeon at the time.

You was working on Clan Boss.

Once, your Clan Boss team is finished.

You will begin to work on a Dragon Dungeon team.

R.Tender might be on your Dragon team.

Again, you have not reached that point.

The goal is to focus on 1 thing at a time.

Otherwise, you will accomplish nothing.

Trying to do everything at once is like running around like a chicken with your head cut off.