IMO what is wrong with Raid

Search
Sep 20, 2020, 14:4309/20/20
09/09/19

Paid Shadow legends 😁

Now jokes aside. 

What is really wrong with Raid? And, some opinions what should be done to try to fix them.

The most major problem? This game plays itself. 

-The event to slay 500 dragons to get book, purple and blue stone? Autoplay or click in menu per dragon.

Slay 10000 normal mobs to get someone to rank 6? Which is mandatory to use them in end game content. Autoplay or click in menu per battle.

I cant use my phone for days in events. Might as well get another phone to play Raid for... Wait! What if I just dont play so I dont need another phone?

This could be fixed somewhat with for example slashing needed dragon runs to 50, 10x rewards, 10x energy cost and bit of randomization so you'd need to play manually.

Ranking characters is like 50% of playtime for first year.  Thats like my phone autoplaying this game for 3 months night and day, which is like labor camp for my phone and characters. Least smart to do thing just after shooting my own leg or paying for netflix ( #cancelnetflix).

Planning characters and optimizing gear is rewarding. There is some stupid gearstat combinations, but gear and customization in general... kinda yeah.

And with good customization you can manage more endgame (ir)regardless of summon rng (mostly). Plus for that.

Pvp is quite unbalanced mostly requires luck with rng to get pvp champs. 

And tag team rewards winning, with bazaar tier unlocks, which is stupid. How new players should ever be able to catch up other players if they get locked out of better rewards?  

Faction wars is some spice, but still just another autoplay daily. And faction wars is mostly about optimozing gear and party composition.

I was on maybe 2 month hiatus from this game for second time. Now there seems to be way to get new gear without going platinum in arena, which still reguire loooots of autoplay mining of resources soooo, maybe that wont keep me playing...

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 21, 2020, 17:3909/21/20
02/13/19

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. :)
Sep 22, 2020, 14:4609/22/20
Sep 22, 2020, 14:53(edited)
06/13/20

I hear you. Regardless of whether I agree with any of your various opinions, I get your points. 

As for me, technical compatibilities and issues aside, 've always had a respect for a game's creative ways to work toward goals. 

The first and biggest issue I've ever had with modern games, is when I'm presented with a game and then met an abrupt halt in game play because you can't work. The very operation if the game sets limitations to your ability to do anything. Get rid of this energy garbage and I would go as far as including tokens, required to participate. This game is a fantastic game in almost every other way, but I'm not given free rein to continue exploring, to participate as much, or little and at my own pace. 

The second and probably only other issue I may have with the game is not being able to use and manage my gear. I have no problem with using resources to upgrade and improve artifacts. However, requiring a resource to move gear around is absolutely asinine. That's like being charged a toll every time I want to change my socks. Can you imagine charging your daughter five bucks every time she wanted to change her Barbie's cloths? 

I do agree with what appears to be a common issue I've seen concerning availability of certain resources, like books, chickens and gems. However, I would not generalize that these things need to be made more available. I would specify more that they need to be made available in a way that someone can work towards getting these things, like drops from campaigns, dungeons and faction wars, and - though any way acquiring these is most welcome - I'm not referring to adding them to limited events or requiring a purchase. 

I guess I'm just getting old... Old school and old. 

I saw the heading to this post and just got the urge to share. These are my thoughts. However, I am content with these things. I still like the game and I will continue to play. 

Sep 24, 2020, 17:2009/24/20
09/09/19

Completely agree with removing energy, but i bet thats not going to happen because money. But if we're capped at number of games, why do we have to play 500 of them a day? And on autoplay. 

Reason is the more time we are exposed to adds, the more we buy, but Plarium could check balance between money and fun, cause this is more like job which i got to pay to work.
Sep 24, 2020, 17:2309/24/20
09/09/19
And why not 2x summon martyr event with ancient shards? Luckily Cyberpunk2077 is coming soon.