All Categories

Tag Team Arena: Even if you win, you lose.

Search
Jul 13, 2020, 01:4407/13/20
03/06/20

According to Tag Team Arena's help section: "The first player to win 2 Battles wins the Series" and "Lose 2 or more Battles, and you'll and up losing". However, the reality can be quite different.

At various times I have come across players putting a very strong team and two other extremely weak teams to defend. That way, even when I win the Series, that defeat makes me lose a lot more points than I won with the victories.

In the end, there is no meaning in winning the Series, because if you are not victorious in the three Battles, you can still lose points.

The same result appears in my defense log. Those who fail to defeat my strongest team end up losing point.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 13, 2020, 02:4107/13/20
05/16/19
This issue has already been dealt with back in the beta testing phase for 3v3, idk why it's been like this after implementing on the main servers. They've already dealt with this before, so I'm pretty sure this would be fixed pretty soon. 
Jul 13, 2020, 03:0707/13/20
Jul 13, 2020, 03:27(edited)
03/13/20

At this point it’s a completely redundant game mode, I’ve fought 4 times since reset and I’m in the green because people can’t win 3 battles against my defence so I keep on gaining points.

What is the point of a game mode you don’t have to fight in and for which there are no immediate rewards?

There is literally no point in me playing it currently as whenever I attack anyone I lose more then I gain as it’s so even. I’m better off doi ng nothing.

Whoever came up with this system should be embarrassed 
Jul 13, 2020, 05:4207/13/20
05/03/20
praderajulio said:

According to Tag Team Arena's help section: "The first player to win 2 Battles wins the Series" and "Lose 2 or more Battles, and you'll and up losing". However, the reality can be quite different.

At various times I have come across players putting a very strong team and two other extremely weak teams to defend. That way, even when I win the Series, that defeat makes me lose a lot more points than I won with the victories.

In the end, there is no meaning in winning the Series, because if you are not victorious in the three Battles, you can still lose points.

The same result appears in my defense log. Those who fail to defeat my strongest team end up losing point.

This is the reason I pulled all my new arena teams.  Besides, I didnt like the format.  Any newbie or middle game player is at a huge disadvantage.  We dont have enough decent champs to field that many teams. 
Jul 13, 2020, 11:2107/13/20
06/30/20

Maybe because of several posts for tag team arena (from other and me) before it is launched, Plarium invented such point system. 

I post I played such tag team arena in many games before, everyone all set their teams as weakest fight their strongest, strongest fight mid team and mid team fight their weakest. 
Jul 13, 2020, 11:3507/13/20
07/05/19

praderajulio said:

So basically doing nothing is the best course of action? Interesting...

Points should've been rewarded as a whole series, not per fight. 

You win all point if you win 2, extra bonus points if you win all 3

For the loser is the same, lose points if you lose 2, lose more points if you lose all 3
Jul 13, 2020, 12:2907/13/20
Jul 13, 2020, 12:30(edited)
06/22/19

This really should be fix asap because this can also work in the attackers favor and prone to be abuse.

Attack +15, and  just win 1 battle, intentionally lose the other 2 battles, you will still gain +5 points and since you lose 2 battles, the fight wil be tagged as defeat. This means you can attack that player repeatedly as long as you don't refresh your list. 
Jul 13, 2020, 23:5907/13/20
03/17/19
This is STUPID! I actually do way better if I don’t play?!??. I literally watch the other players in my group drop down below me because they play! Plarium, this is really bad! I’m not a genius by any means, but a game mode that de incentivizes game play seems like a questionable move... I really feel like this roll out needs a reboot, and all players deserve a reward, as an apology.  
Feb 12, 2022, 19:3802/12/22
06/27/21

Can someone please explain what I'm doing wrong in arean battles?

I have a team thta consist of 3 legendary champions (Ninja, Jintoro & Scyl the drake) and 1 rare champion  (Galek). All 4 are level 60 and fully asceneded, all 4 have their artifacts, accessories & masteries maxed out. Galek & Ninja are maxed out on skills. I have a combined team power of 124K.

How is I'm getting my @$$ handed to me by teams that have 80K less team power than me with champions that are level 30 or 40 and NOT ascended? I'm not saying the battles are close and I lose, Im saying I'm getting slaughtered. I can understand losing to weaker teams that are close to my team power but, 80K less?

PLease, any assistance is appreciated.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 12, 2022, 19:5802/12/22
12/30/20
jasonwatterson

Can someone please explain what I'm doing wrong in arean battles?

I have a team thta consist of 3 legendary champions (Ninja, Jintoro & Scyl the drake) and 1 rare champion  (Galek). All 4 are level 60 and fully asceneded, all 4 have their artifacts, accessories & masteries maxed out. Galek & Ninja are maxed out on skills. I have a combined team power of 124K.

How is I'm getting my @$$ handed to me by teams that have 80K less team power than me with champions that are level 30 or 40 and NOT ascended? I'm not saying the battles are close and I lose, Im saying I'm getting slaughtered. I can understand losing to weaker teams that are close to my team power but, 80K less?

PLease, any assistance is appreciated.

So given the fact you have no speed lead, I'm guessing that's the biggest issue you're having. 

You're likely running up against low team power High Khatun teams that are going first and though they may not hit very hard, are gonna do enough to beat your team fairly often. If you were able to put a High Khatun as your fastest champion in the lead, or really any champion with a speed aura you would be in much, much better shape. I'd swap out Scyl in this specific team for HK, for example. 

Also, power level is not always a great indicator of chance of success, a lot will depend on your team composition and theirs. 

I'm going to close this necro'd thread. If you have any other questions feel free to start a new one, jason. 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.