All Categories

Why is there no starter shard reroll in this game?

Search
Jul 13, 2020, 01:3807/13/20
05/13/20

Most of other mobile "similar" games, they give new player the option to reroll the 1st free open, where you can keep open the same first shard/pack again and again until you get 1 decent epic or legendary champion

This really helps motivate new player to play the game by getting decent starting champion of THEIR OWN CHOOSING, instead, everyone get the same old free generic Kael. 

Why can we all start out with 1 free rare or sacred shard that can be re-opened? that way everyone can start with decent champion so when the next time time we open a sacred shard and get bad champion, it's not so crushing discouraged. I know many friends who quit because they open sacred shard and got very bad champion, which there are many.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 13, 2020, 01:4807/13/20
Jul 13, 2020, 01:49(edited)
07/05/19

downonluck said:

Most of other mobile "similar" games, they give new player the option to reroll the 1st free open, where you can keep open the same first shard/pack again and again until you get 1 decent epic or legendary champion

This really helps motivate new player to play the game by getting decent starting champion of THEIR OWN CHOOSING, instead, everyone get the same old free generic Kael. 

Why can we all start out with 1 free rare or sacred shard that can be re-opened? that way everyone can start with decent champion so when the next time time we open a sacred shard and get bad champion, it's not so crushing discouraged. I know many friends who quit because they open sacred shard and got very bad champion, which there are many.

What do you mean? Everyone can choose between Kael, Athel, Elhain or Galek.

It's just it's been widely known that Kael is the best starter, so many choose him, and anyone who choose others switched to Kael when they got him from their shards
Jul 13, 2020, 01:5907/13/20
Jul 13, 2020, 02:11(edited)
05/13/20
Ok, well what if new player want a Skinwalker or Bannerlord Champion? 

It's not about "what best starter and pick one in 4 because they all goods". The point is to motivate new player by giving new player a champion which they SATISFY with without shoving 4 same old generic champion at new player's face. "Here pick one, these are all we got"

How about if new player want a rare Demonspawn or Knight Revenant? oh wait that's not an option then isn't it? 

The point is not every new player want a Kael, Athel, same old 4 champions. Old shoe is still same old shoe, and not everyone want a Dark Elf Mage, heck people cannot even pick Dark Elf Warrior.

So the suggestion is: "---------Why not let new player reroll their first rare shard?------" every other gacha champion collecting games been doing it.

Jul 13, 2020, 02:2807/13/20
05/03/20

downonluck said:

Ok, well what if new player want a Skinwalker or Bannerlord Champion? 

It's not about "what best starter and pick one in 4 because they all goods". The point is to motivate new player by giving new player a champion which they SATISFY with without shoving 4 same old generic champion at new player's face. "Here pick one, these are all we got"

How about if new player want a rare Demonspawn or Knight Revenant? oh wait that's not an option then isn't it? 

The point is not every new player want a Kael, Athel, same old 4 champions. Old shoe is still same old shoe, and not everyone want a Dark Elf Mage, heck people cannot even pick Dark Elf Warrior.

So the suggestion is: "---------Why not let new player reroll their first rare shard?------" every other gacha champion collecting games been doing it.

New players know nothing about the rest of the champs in the game

Only people after a short time playing understand about getting other champs to progress further than your starter can and by that time, re-rolling the starter would only mean you want to replace it with one that you think is better.

The 4 starters are all ggreat champs and can get you quite far into the game, so no reason to change them.
Jul 13, 2020, 02:3507/13/20
05/16/19
Choosing from the 4 starter champions is a fundamental part of the game experience that I doubt needs changing in the first place. The starter champs are really good stat-wise/multiplier-wise for rares and they'd absolutely help with account progression, so if new players who absolutely had no idea about what they were doing were given the chance to choose or re-roll to whichever champ they wanted, it'd be like asking for a bad early game experience. 
Jul 13, 2020, 07:5307/13/20
04/13/20

OfOzzLee said:

downonluck said:

What do you mean? Everyone can choose between Kael, Athel, Elhain or Galek.

It's just it's been widely known that Kael is the best starter, so many choose him, and anyone who choose others switched to Kael when they got him from their shards

Well, I disagree with you on Kael.

I did my reading before I made my choice. I went with Elhain, got her to *5/50, and later switched to Athel, who at *6/60 has been with me all the way from Arena Bronze to Arena Gold I/II. My Kael has been in my Clan Boss team at *5/50 and I see no reason to get him to *6 at all.
Jul 13, 2020, 08:3307/13/20
07/05/19

WatchdogCZ said:

I did my reading before I made my choice. I went with Elhain, got her to *5/50, and later switched to Athel, who at *6/60 has been with me all the way from Arena Bronze to Arena Gold I/II. My Kael has been in my Clan Boss team at *5/50 and I see no reason to get him to *6 at all.

My mistake, I should've said "it is widely CONSIDERED" because a lot of people do consider Kael is better,.

By saying "widely known" is quite misleading... So I am sorry for that.

I personally went with Athel and am quite happy with said choice.

Jul 13, 2020, 17:1807/13/20
04/14/20

WatchdogCZ said:

As long as he's on your CB team, he should be 6*, for warmaster if nothing else. Unless you're about to replace him shortly by some more specialized poisoner like FB or OB. 

In arena, I think Kael is stronger than the other starters in any battle where his Acid Rain is likely to kill multiple opponents, giving him a massive TM boost so he can follow up quickly with the A3. But if not, then probably you'd rather have Elhain or Athel. 
Jul 13, 2020, 17:2207/13/20
Jul 13, 2020, 17:23(edited)
04/13/20

L9753 said:

WatchdogCZ said:

As long as he's on your CB team, he should be 6*, for warmaster if nothing else. Unless you're about to replace him shortly by some more specialized poisoner like FB or OB. 

In arena, I think Kael is stronger than the other starters in any battle where his Acid Rain is likely to kill multiple opponents, giving him a massive TM boost so he can follow up quickly with the A3. But if not, then probably you'd rather have Elhain or Athel. 

I am indeed working on a poisoner replacement for Kael.

As for Arena, I have Siphi the Lost Bride, Gorgorab (lead), Miscreated Monster, and Athel in my team.
Jul 13, 2020, 17:3207/13/20
12/19/19

WatchdogCZ said:

L9753 said:

WatchdogCZ said:

I am indeed working on a poisoner replacement for Kael.

As for Arena, I have Siphi the Lost Bride, Gorgorab (lead), Miscreated Monster, and Athel in my team.

Lol. The other 3 are the key to arena success. Athel could be replaced by just about anyone on that team.  

Starters:

1. Kael

2. Athel

3. Elhain

4. Galek

You could argue the others... you would just be wrong, lol.

But none are end game worthy really, you will obviously replace Athel in arena at some point.  Kaels small poisons are the problem with CB.

Great trio with siphi/gorg/mm though!

Jul 15, 2020, 08:5207/15/20
07/17/19
For the low low price of $25 per sacred shard, you too can have unlimited rolls!!!