All Categories

Sleep not working correctly in Arena - Possible bug?

Search
May 26, 2020, 19:2305/26/20
02/15/19

Hello, was wondering if anyone else has seen this lately. I use Kymar in arena and when he puts a sleep debuff on a target or targets some of them don't actually lose there turn but the debuff goes away once there turn meter sets the characters turn. I know this sounds like oh they probably already skipped a turn but it's not.

When sleep debuff lands it shows the icon and it's supposed to make them lose a turn if they don't get hit before there turn meter is full. But sometimes it's not working as intended.

Anyone have the ability to test to back me up. I'll get some Screen shots anyway.
Views
Comments
Comments
May 26, 2020, 20:1305/26/20
08/26/19

I have Kymar and use him in Arena and Sleep works as intended.

But one possible answer to your specific situation may be the case, when the target has debuff that do "tick" gamage (or whatever English term is used for that).

I think that debuff like poison, hp burn or bombs can be the cause of this.

But... When you start to think about that, things are not that clear as it seems. 

Those debuffs do their damage on the start of the affected enemy next turn, not at the end of their current turn, acording to description. So... this has to be when the Sleep expires and technicaly shouldn't affect the Sleep effect. 

I can't test it at the moment, as I said Kymar and his Sleep works for me, but I don't have someone to apply those debuff in Arena, so I can speek only from that point. 

Some shots, or better - video, can help here. 

May 27, 2020, 06:3405/27/20
11/12/19
Same thing happens to me with seer. She applies sleep and when the turn comes, they just get to use their turn
May 27, 2020, 07:4305/27/20
May 27, 2020, 11:38(edited)
08/26/19

I will run some tests with Seer to see if i can replicate this.

I started to pay attention to Kymar and can confirm that his Sleep works for me.

I run Arbiter, Ma'Shalled, Kymar and Hegemon. There is no DoT gebuffs in my set up thou, so this can't cover all vatiables and can't be reliable enough. 
May 27, 2020, 11:2805/27/20
May 27, 2020, 11:30(edited)
04/12/19

i can confirm bombs and poison wakes sleeping target.

all of those trigger 'at the beginning of turn' - question is about order of things.

from my observations (might be wrong) programming looks like this now:

- turn begins

- apply continuous heal / immortal / siphi passive (in general: +HP at the beginning of your turn)

- apply poison / bomb dmg / self burning

- check if sleeping - miss turn (previous step cancels sleeping status if true - at this point target is not sleeping anymore)

all they would need to do would be to promote sleeping check to be done first thing before anything else. champ would be marked as 'miss turn' and only AFTER getting that mark would suffer dmg from poison / bombs / own burn.

ally burning and spreading dmg to whole team would still wake sleeping champ due to 'not beginning of turn for sleeping champ and he/she gets dmg'

May 27, 2020, 16:3105/27/20
02/15/19
Makes sense. Thanks for info. Just checked all my screenshots and can confirm everyone that woke up from sleep debuff had poison on them.